• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Third RE CGI Movie is called "Resident Evil: Vendetta"; targeted for 2017 release.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Or worser, what if this movie does the trick and well Wesker is comming back ?? Since im getting this feel as Vendetta mostly in meaning is another acronym of vengeance, now everything can be done in RE and that would be lulz from fans if Capcom do Wesker ressurection trick

Lol I don't think it's going to be going that route. It could be someone else that we don't know or not thinking of. Because that looks nothing like Albert xD and to be fair. I wouldn't look into the title of the movie. The title of the other two RE films didn't mean much, so I'm not holding my cards on this one having a significant title either.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Seconding what everyone else says. Chris looks weird. Maybe it's just caught him at an awkward angle... At least, that's what I'm hoping. :p

I am still really looking forward to this, though. :)

Turo602

The King of Kings
Not only does Chris look weird, but he also looks really fake. Like a toy or something. Also, what's this about Rebecca being in her late 20s? Shouldn't she be in her thirties by now? That is, assuming this takes place before 7 but after 6. I'm really hoping that they're just retconning everyone's age and making them younger like Ubisoft has done with Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Everything I just saw in that trailer is exactly what's missing from Resident Evil 7. Goddamn, I hope this movie makes up for the lack of Chris and Leon moments in RE6. So disappointing to have both of them in a co-op Resident Evil game and not even once do you get to play as them on the same screen. Would have definitely been the perfect way to send off the action era of Resident Evil games before transitioning back into single player horror but you know, Capcom.

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Aftr that trailer i only hope that viliain will be someone new beacuse uhm well i browsed tumblr on search for some new info on movie and more i see there people discuss if that person on near end of teaser is not an Wesker now, just really i wanted to once see CGI RE movie but well now rumours happen sadly only waiting for Capcom to tell more and be sure we not have viliain ressurection here, geez people now over react on any slight detail.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The villainous looking character in the trailer does kind of resemble Wesker.... :>

I hope it is him but that is more than likely a stretch. The features (mostly the darker eyebrows) are off but then again so are Chris' features. It is kind of strange that they have this villain looking similar to him, especially when Chris is also involved. One could also say he looks like Alfred Ashford.

D.C. Douglas flat out asked the creators, while doing voices for Umbrella Corp (including Wesker's), and all the creators said was that they "don't know" and smiled at the question on Wesker's return.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
The villainous looking character in the trailer does kind of resemble Wesker.... :>

I hope it is him but that is more than likely a stretch. The features (mostly the darker eyebrows) are off but then again so are Chris' features. It is kind of strange that they have this villain looking similar to him, especially when Chris is also involved. One could also say he looks like Alfred Ashford.

D.C. Douglas flat out asked the creators, while doing voices for Umbrella Corp (including Wesker's), and all the creators said was that they "don't know" and smiled at the question on Wesker's return.

I could have sworn they said they didn't know because they were only working on that game and don't really have any say on the rest of the franchise.

Even then, I doubt that guy is Wesker. Just like Buddy in the original Damnation trailer, this guy is probably someone new. If they were really going to bring Wesker back, I doubt they'd do it in a movie. Also, if they were going to show him off in a trailer, I think it'd be a whole lot more obvious. Sure, Chris looks a little off, but it's still very clearly him and quite honestly, I don't see much resemblance to Wesker.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yeah I can see what you're saying- I do see similar features though, but that is probably it...

As for D.C. Douglas' Tweet that he made- I only recently read about this in an internet article. It was talking about Vendetta and how there is speculation on the villain being Wesker. Then the author of the article brought up D.C.'s tweets on the matter. Maybe they made the tweets sound more hopeful for the sake of the article though. Of course I can't find this article now that a hundred more have been posted to talk about the trailer.

Just do it, Capcom. Enough with dancing around the subject by randomly creating his son, a Wesker project, and now a similar looking villain... Don't tease me, just bring the man back for some more fun times.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't think the villain is Albert Wesker at all, and honest I he looks nothing like him It's a little fast and hard to tell, but the guy looks sort of Asian to me. His poster does resemble Wesker, and it's possible he could be a Wesker who faked his death and went into hiding. It's doubtful, but it would be cool if that was Hiro, Hans, Ken, or whoever who he may be lol. What's his motives? Who knows? Maybe the word Vendetta will mean something, or maybe it won't. I felt the titles of the other CGI films weren't entirely fitting either.

I've heard that the film is made to cater more to fans of horror and anime over the fans of the games. Does anyone know if this is true?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
D.C. Douglas tweeted yesterday, when someone asked if he had any work planned with Capcom and he replied saying, 'Sadly, no'. So I don't think it is Wesker in the trailer.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
D.C. Douglas tweeted yesterday, when someone asked if he had any work planned with Capcom and he replied saying, 'Sadly, no'. So I don't think it is Wesker in the trailer.
r

Well remember all that like beta testers of game, VAs when something is maked like movies or games has NDA too and thats typical to tell no, well waiting for more info on movie to know if mine suspicions of more known Wesker return is real or not

Top Bottom