• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Third RE CGI Movie is called "Resident Evil: Vendetta"; targeted for 2017 release.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
So there's a new CGI movie coming, but other than anything about the story, characters (besides Leon) or where it takes place in the RE timeline, the biggest news is that there will be a Ducati bike in it? That is... weird. (And Tomb Raider has done it before, just so you know, Capcom.)

Nevertheless, I'm still excited for this. I didn't like the first two CGI movies nearly as much as the games, but a lot better than the live-action movies, and I can't wait to see Chris and especially Rebecca.

Damnation was better then several of the games IMO.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So there's a new CGI movie coming, but other than anything about the story, characters (besides Leon) or where it takes place in the RE timeline, the biggest news is that there will be a Ducati bike in it? That is... weird. (And Tomb Raider has done it before, just so you know, Capcom.)

Nevertheless, I'm still excited for this. I didn't like the first two CGI movies nearly as much as the games, but a lot better than the live-action movies, and I can't wait to see Chris and especially Rebecca.

Well it's no surprise that you didn't like the CGI movies as much as the games xD I don't think anyone really does. Unless they aren't gamers of course, and then they likely like the ****ty live action movies as well -_-

I'm excited for this movie as well. I get the feeling that it'll take place before RE7. Much like Damnation was before 6 and Degeneration was before 5. Of course it'll probably stand on it's own and I only expect a few seconds of a scene to tie into RE7... and no one is going to figure it out or "get it" until they play the game.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Well it's no surprise that you didn't like the CGI movies as much as the games xD I don't think anyone really does. Unless they aren't gamers of course, and then they likely like the ****ty live action movies as well -_-

I'm excited for this movie as well. I get the feeling that it'll take place before RE7. Much like Damnation was before 6 and Degeneration was before 5. Of course it'll probably stand on it's own and I only expect a few seconds of a scene to tie into RE7... and no one is going to figure it out or "get it" until they play the game.

I love the CGI movies as much as the games. Don't assume. :p

kalash49

Leon, again Leon, I think his best part was his first role in original Resident Evil 2 on PSX, aren't there's no other heroes in such big franchise?

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I enjoyed the first 2 CG movies, so news of a third makes me oh so giddy with excitement! It's a relief to hear Rebecca is being brought into it, cos I haven't seen anything about Becca in the franchise since the S.D. Perry book Underworld (if I'm wrong about that, by all means feel free to correct me)

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
If they balance the story between the characters right, it hopefully won't feel like a Leoncentric film. Degeneration did a good job of it with Leon and Claire, so there's no reason they couldn't do it with Chris and Rebecca thrown into the mix.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
It looks like RE Vendetta is included in Capcom's TGS lineup.

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-stage-schedule
"13:20 to 13:50 – Resident Evil Special Stage Part 2: Resident Evil 20th Anniversary and Movie Contents Stage – Featuring Hiroyuki Kobayashi (producer) and Masachika Kawata (producer). A producer talk stage full of Resident Evil-related information. The latest information on the live-action Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and the CG Resident Evil: Vendetta, too!"

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
New pics
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/13115396.html

57d624434a8ba.jpg

57d62443475f5.jpg

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Can't even express how much I'm looking forward to this movie. :)

Unknown

It's true, Chris does look a bit weird, clearly him, but different. Leon looks spot on however (though considering the face changes he's gone through that doesn't say much).

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
The only thing what interest me is first new pic i posted and why viliain of movie or guy who is on top of it reminds me slightly one of decreased ones in RE series

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The only thing what interest me is first new pic i posted and why viliain of movie or guy who is on top of it reminds me slightly one of decreased ones in RE series

If you're referring to Krauser, then I have no clue how you think that it looks like him. For one the scar goes down the center of his eye. The guy in this movie has the scar go around the right (his left) side. That's not to say that Krauser is still alive though. He was one tough cookie xD

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
If you're referring to Krauser, then I have no clue how you think that it looks like him. For one the scar goes down the center of his eye. The guy in this movie has the scar go around the right (his left) side. That's not to say that Krauser is still alive though. He was one tough cookie xD

Or worser, what if this movie does the trick and well Wesker is comming back ?? Since im getting this feel as Vendetta mostly in meaning is another acronym of vengeance, now everything can be done in RE and that would be lulz from fans if Capcom do Wesker ressurection trick

Beside another well maybe spoiler pic :

tumblr_odj4cjdAzJ1u97r8do4_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom