• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Let's keep it civil - I know you guys are doing pretty well so far but it's easy for it to turn ugly very quickly...differences of opinions are essential for mature discussion on a subject. But please don't be tempted into making it personal at any point, please. Makes my job harder because I don't like getting grumpy with people unless they are children. Or wasps.

RedfieldFan

Personally I prefer having re 8 in first person, and obviously i will be glad to see some character and plot from previous title reappearing in 8
I would have actually have been disappointed if rumors revealed re 8 to be in third person whit the old main cast as playable protagonist, mostly because this would have made the first person change in re 7 pointless and also because I'm also tired to have leon chris ecc as main character again, they have nothing less to tell as protagonist , but they have more to tell if they are put into game as secondary character much like solid snake in mgs 2, he was more intriguing as that than as playable character

At first i also thought Ethan should not have returned in re 8 since his story was pretty over in re 7 but it happear he have more to tell especially if recent rumor are true

It is all just a matter of opinion and feeling, and I'm a fan from about 20 years since i first played the original
While I enjoy RE7, I'm still hoping the RE8 will be in 3rd person like RE2R. In many that is the best REgameplay since the series stepped away from fixed camera angles.

As for characters, I don't mind Ethan returnig iF he has a personality this time around. I think a RE story should have at least one of the big four characters (Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon). I'm not saying they have to be the main playable character but they should have a role in the story - at least that's my opinion.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
While I enjoy RE7, I'm still hoping the RE8 will be in 3rd person like RE2R. In many that is the best REgameplay since the series stepped away from fixed camera angles.

As for characters, I don't mind Ethan returnig iF he has a personality this time around. I think a RE story should have at least one of the big four characters (Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon). I'm not saying they have to be the main playable character but they should have a role in the story - at least that's my opinion.
While I can agree with this sentiment, there was little involvement of any of the past characters in the main game of RE7. You have to play the DLC as Chris Redfield to get to the meat and potatoes of what’s really going on and the details from Not a Hero are apparently what’s being used to carry on the story in RE8.

At this point I just hope they utilize the story of the icons more within these future games. Chris needs some redemption from the way he was handled in RE7 and there is a decent story that can be told with expanding his watch on Blue Umbrella. Leon and Ada’s story deserves some expansion and closure, Jill returning is also a welcomed idea for most fans, and the involvement of Alex Wesker and Natalia should automatically involve the Burtons and maybe even Claire to some degree.

Last edited:

Soul Fist

As much as I love RE7, but it's true that Ethan shouldn't return. He has no personality, and pretty much his story has endeed so it's time to move on from him already. They really should've focus on Emily only, and bring back two characters from the past.. Maybe Chris and Sherry? And I'm okay with Mia too, she has interesting story and would like to see her star in RE8 more than Ethan. I think im the only one who likes Mia LOL.

As for the main villian, I'd save Natalia for further titles and not waste her on this one. But if they will not kill her in RE8 and they bring her back in Revelations 3 and have her as the main villian it's will be great.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think that bringing back Ethan is their BEST option. And using first person view if their WORST option. If they can rescue Ethan's character and give him that added depth and personality, it will make RE7 rise even further. Having Chris as a mentor to the survivor in Ethan and showing us how someone becomes the BSAA/Blue Umbrella soldier of the future makes sense. I understand the criticism of the character, but they can grow the character in to one of our more beloved staples.

However, FIRST person doesn't feel Resident Evil to me. It worked as a one off gimmick in RE7, but I still found it to be a gimmick for VR rather than a genre defining feature. I hope I can at least choose between the two.

Mr.R

I think that bringing back Ethan is their BEST option. And using first person view if their WORST option. If they can rescue Ethan's character and give him that added depth and personality, it will make RE7 rise even further. Having Chris as a mentor to the survivor in Ethan and showing us how someone becomes the BSAA/Blue Umbrella soldier of the future makes sense. I understand the criticism of the character, but they can grow the character in to one of our more beloved staples.

I still fail to see how this could be a good idea. Ethan is not a soldier, nor he showed any interest in keeping the fight on in the future. From the little emotion he showed at the end of the game, he felt relieved that the nightmare was over. It's very different from Leon saying : "Hey, it's up to us, to take out Umbrella." I think doing that would seem so forced, especially when we think that even Claire, the most badass civil the series has gave us didn't became a soldier.

Again, all of this would sound maybe a bit better if it was Mia, who seems to have some training. More, she could join the fight in a attempt to atone for her sins. The more I reflect about it, the more I think Mia should've been RE7's protagonist.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Mia does hold some potential for story progression and perhaps her involvement does justify keeping Ethan involved in some capacity.
I actually don’t want her to redeem herself though. I find her irredeemable considering she knew what was happening to Eveline.
Maybe have her reluctant to confess her involvement and the information she knows to the BSAA.

The core of the main numbered titles should still involve and revolve around past characters though. Maybe Capcom made some poor decisions in the past games, but it just looks worse, on their part, to completely ignore them and move on.

Last edited:

RedfieldFan

While I can agree with this sentiment, there was little involvement of any of the past characters in the main game of RE7. You have to play the DLC as Chris Redfield to get to the meat and potatoes of what’s really going on and the details from Not a Hero are apparently what’s being used to carry on the story in RE8.

At this point I just hope they utilize the story of the icons more within these future games. Chris needs some redemption from the way he was handled in RE7 and there is a decent story that can be told with expanding his watch on Blue Umbrella. Leon and Ada’s story deserves some expansion and closure, Jill returning is also a welcomed idea for most fans, and the involvement of Alex Wesker and Natalia should automatically involve the Burtons and maybe even Claire to some degree.
Aside of the first person gameplay, the fact that none of the big four characters had any influence on the story is my biggest issue with RE7.

I really enjoyed Chris' dlc but you're right - he needs redemption. He also deserves a remake appearance (please remake Code Veronica!) like the other main characters.

Ada's story need closure with or without Leon. Who is she actually working for now and why?

I always wanted to know what happened to Natalia/Alex. That was such an interesting story.

Jill has been MIA for years now so what happened to her after RE5. Maybe she could be visiting Barry when trouble goes down with Natalia.

D

Deleted member 21244

I still fail to see how this could be a good idea. Ethan is not a soldier, nor he showed any interest in keeping the fight on in the future. From the little emotion he showed at the end of the game, he felt relieved that the nightmare was over. It's very different from Leon saying : "Hey, it's up to us, to take out Umbrella." I think doing that would seem so forced, especially when we think that even Claire, the most badass civil the series has gave us didn't became a soldier.

Again, all of this would sound maybe a bit better if it was Mia, who seems to have some training. More, she could join the fight in a attempt to atone for her sins. The more I reflect about it, the more I think Mia should've been RE7's protagonist.
Rumor say that Ethan is kidnapped, so he is pretty forced into the situation once again, this was the only solution since his story was over after re 7, he have no reason to return and fight monsters

@RedfieldFan I think that both re 6 and re 2 remake did respond to your ada question pretty well, she is just a mercenaries, she just work for money, but she know what's right or wrong, so she can make the right decision most of time, is not a ruthless mercenaries

As for the rest I'm still waiting an answer, especially the jill one

D

Deleted member 21244

Everyone waiting for resident evi and silent hill to happear at the ps5 reveal

Meanwhile at capcom and Konami

sjT99Y5.jpg

FdgKRkE.jpg

Just a joke of course XD

Mr.R

Well, the teaser was even worse than I imagined. Congrats Capcom. For the first time, I don't care about a RE game.

Edit: Spidey Miles: cool. I'm in.
Horizon 2: <3
Ps5 look sleak. I really like the black and white scheme.
Never played a Soul series game, but that teaser might have made a lot of people happy. Might as well try DS2 on my PS3 someday.
Gran Turismo will probably be an amazing simulation of driving and an horrible racing experience. Amazing they still didn't learned how to make racecraft after 20 years.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

I really find it amazing, the trailer was so awesome... Can't wait to play it

Soul Fist

I'm still excited about the game, I can't help. I can't speak for everyone but I think it's really beautiful, it looks so promising and can't wait to play it. I just hope the story and details are deep and nothing rushed.

The trailer is so mysterious, it had one old woman. And a lot of other mysterious women.. But all of them are too old to be Natalia. Natalia will be like 19 or 20 here, and none of them are near that age.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I won't skip the game. I'll just buy in 2022 or so, when it gets real cheap xD

But hey, like Turo said, at least Chris looks like Chris. Yay?
I’m just really disappointed. I’m the type of person who tries to give things the benefit of the doubt but damn...
Also the “his story comes to a close” has me wondering if they mean Chris. I mean who the hell else does any fan care about in this game who’s story would come to a close?

At any rate, I’ll check out play throughs on YouTube before I completely abandon hope... but wow.

Top Bottom