• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
With everything that's been surrounding RE8, and the very high possibility that we may see it tomorrow and it'll just confirm everything we've heard, I'm honestly over it. I'm more excited about the PS5 and whatever other games they might show off than Resident Evil 8.

Resident Evil 7 was too much of a disappointing departure after Revelations 2 gave us hope for the future. It brought back classic characters that haven't been utilized in so long while moving forward with the biggest hanging plot thread from Resident Evil 5 which anyone would have logically assumed would have been followed up in Resident Evil 6. The series felt like it was getting back on track and like Capcom was finally starting to understand what fans wanted from Resident Evil, only for them to ditch everything with Resident Evil 7.

Resident Evil 7 was totally unnecessary in retrospect as well. Resident Evil 7 was Capcom's attempt at re-establishing the series, like they did with Resident Evil REmake in 2002. But REmake 2 did that effectively and it was universally praised. So why double down with the first-person Ethan garbage? It's a giant clusterf*ck. Once again, it's just Capcom working on too many projects at once and having absolutely no f*cking clue what they're doing and still catering to a new audience while sidelining the core fanbase and feeding them remakes to shut them up. Same old Capcom.

Couldn't agree more. Capcom, once again, pulled the rug from beneath fans, assuming these rumors are true. Which, at this point, they seem highly likely but I welcome being wrong.
I think one of the biggest issues is that Capcom constantly tries to keep the story of RE in line with the year the games are released which has negatively moved the series along. They adjusted the date for the very first game, why not do the same for other installments?

I was hoping Capcom would fix the timeline of the series with all the remakes but that is obviously not the case and we will likely see this with how they move Natalia's story along in RE8. It will probably be a brief mention when really it deserves it's own game as they could easily play up on the threat of Alex being too close for comfort with the beloved heroes from the past games. And as mush as I love Alex Wesker, I absolutely hate the idea that Ethan and any other new character they decide to throw in will be the ones to help stop her when it is clearly not their fight.

D

Deleted member 21244

With everything that's been surrounding RE8, and the very high possibility that we may see it tomorrow and it'll just confirm everything we've heard, I'm honestly over it. I'm more excited about the PS5 and whatever other games they might show off than Resident Evil 8.

Resident Evil 7 was too much of a disappointing departure after Revelations 2 gave us hope for the future. It brought back classic characters that haven't been utilized in so long while moving forward with the biggest hanging plot thread from Resident Evil 5 which anyone would have logically assumed would have been followed up in Resident Evil 6. The series felt like it was getting back on track and like Capcom was finally starting to understand what fans wanted from Resident Evil, only for them to ditch everything with Resident Evil 7.

Resident Evil 7 was totally unnecessary in retrospect as well. Resident Evil 7 was Capcom's attempt at re-establishing the series, like they did with Resident Evil REmake in 2002. But REmake 2 did that effectively and it was universally praised. So why double down with the first-person Ethan garbage? It's a giant clusterf*ck. Once again, it's just Capcom working on too many projects at once and having absolutely no f*cking clue what they're doing and still catering to a new audience while sidelining the core fanbase and feeding them remakes to shut them up. Same old Capcom.
Because re 7 was the closest we have to resident evil 1 both in atmosphere and gameplay, re 2 remake take everything from re 7, whitout it re 2 remake would never have existed the way it did

Also because re 7 was the third highest selling re game ever and also the highest selling horror game on current gent, and was highly prised by everyone so the path they choose is definitely the right path

Last edited by a moderator:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Because re 7 was the closest we have to resident evil 1 both in atmosphere and gameplay, re 2 remake take everything from re 7, whitout it re 2 remake would never have existed the way it did

Also because re 7 was the third highest selling re game ever and also the highest selling horror game on current gent, so the path they choose is definitely the right path in a sense

I'll give you the fact that RE7's location designs are similar to that of REmake, but in no way does RE7's gameplay replicate the first game. Many fans agree that they could have worked the story out more to tie into the previous installments. And to be more specific, they should have included the storyline of Natalia/Alex in RE7 as it was the most disappointing thing about the game... well that and Chris' awful redesign.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'll give you the fact that RE7's location designs are similar to that of REmake, but in no way does RE7's gameplay replicate the first game. Many fans agree that they could have worked the story out more to tie into the previous installments. And to be more specific, they should have included the storyline of Natalia/Alex in RE7.
The gameplay is practically the same from re 1, expect the first person, you are in an infested house trying to solve puzzle and open door, you have to manage your inventory to survive, the combat sistem is pretty slow and claustrophobic like re 1, you must use record to save, you have item box... so yes the gameplay is the same as re 1, before re 7 all this feature were ommited, the last time we saw an item box, solve puzzle, slow combat and horror feature, hard inventory management ecc was in resident evil code veronica... First person and story are not all, resident evil isn't just a camera angle, or having Chris, leon or jill , who care to have all of them and other character if we have an action packaged game that as nothing to do whit resident evil?

Resident evil 7 is the closest to the series classic game since code veronica

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Item boxes and save system aside, RE7 revolves more around hiding from your enemies which sets a completely different tone from the first game. Hiding from the threat instantly creates more tension, which is great in the way of horror games, but this was nothing like the first game. And let's not downplay the difference between first person perspective and third person perspective. It makes for a different experience and all gamers have their preferences. The fact that Capcom decided to go with a first person perspective, in a major numbered title, after 12 plus games of third person POV was inevitably going to cause a rift in the fanbase.

This begs the question in regards to RE8's rumors of first person POV, why would Capcom stray away from the gameplay of REmake2 when it was praised by most fans?

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

This. We keep getting tantalising glimpses of half-decent RE games, but they then they flip a 180 on us straight after. Frustrating, isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. Capcom, once again, pulled the rug from beneath fans, assuming these rumors are true. Which, at this point, they seem highly likely but I welcome being wrong.
I think one of the biggest issues is that Capcom constantly tries to keep the story of RE in line with the year the games are released which has negatively moved the series along. They adjusted the date for the very first game, why not do the same for other installments?

I was hoping Capcom would fix this with all the remakes but that is obviously not the case and we will likely see this with how they move Natalia's story along in RE8. It will probably be a brief mention when really it deserves it's own game as they could easily play up on the threat of Alex being too close for comfort with the beloved heroes from the past games. And as mush as I love Alex Wesker, I absolutely hate the idea that Ethan and any other new character they decide to throw in will be the ones to help stop her when it is clearly not their fight.
The only issue with them being wrong is that the story could be even worse... :lol:

But yeah, these leaks sound disappointingly legit, and as I said previously, it's such a waste that Alex is being used for this game when she deserves so much more. I'd even go so far as to say she had the potential to be the series main villain. Yet this is how they're using her....

Also because re 7 was the third highest selling re game ever and also the highest selling horror game on current gent, and was highly prised by everyone so the path they choose is definitely the right path
Meh, I take the flimsy similarities of RE7 to original Resident Evil games as seriously as I take them telling me that each game is 'Just like Raccoon City all over again'. It's a weak attempt at linking it back, just like Redfield was.

Also, don't mistake the sales and the opinion of general gamers as gospel. It was popular to stream this game so that people could pretend to scream and be scared on camera for views, and general reviewers just see a horror game and aren't invested in Resident Evil.

D

Deleted member 21244

Item boxes and save system aside, RE7 revolves more around hiding from your enemies which sets a completely different tone from the first game. Hiding from the threat instantly creates more tension, which is great in the way of horror games, but this was nothing like the first game. Let's not downplay the difference between first person perspective and third person perspective. It makes for a different experience and all gamers have their preferences. The fact that Capcom decided to go with a first person perspective, in a major numbered title, after 12 plus games of third person POV was inevitably going to cause a rift in the fanbase.
12 plus game of fixed camera angle, third person camera, first person camera, on rail shooter ecc... Resident evil was never in third person to begin whit and re 1 was also originally developed as a first person game...

Personally i like the first person, i understand that other didn't, but there are many many many other fan and people who loved re 7 and its first person perspective

And re 7 dosent revolve around hiding from the enemy, this happen only when you face jack baker in the first hour of Game, the rest of the game is exactly like re 1, fight of run from the enemy. ..
Re 2 remake is the one that mostly relay on the principle of hiding both against mr x, against zombie ans licker, so why re 7 is not ok whit some hiding segment but re 2 is?

@Jen nha i don't think so, you shouldn't probably take the opinion of few people on forum as the real true opinion on re 7, most people loved the game and most of them were re fan since the original

So for you resident evil rev 2 or 6 are closer to re 1 just because they have barry and Chris?

Turo602

The King of Kings
People who say Resident Evil 7 is the closest to the original game because of X, Y, and Z are severely misguided because you can literally say that about any Resident Evil game. "Resident Evil 4 is just like Resident Evil 1 because you manage inventory, solve puzzles, and backtrack through the environment." Yet it's the way in which those elements are implemented and everything else around the game that sets it apart from the rest. Resident Evil 7 is no different.

Also, Resident Evil was always in third-person. Fixed-cameras, over the shoulder, they're both third-person perspectives. That's always been the series' identity and the gameplay has always remained consistent until the shift to first-person. First-person isn't just a "camera change." It's a completely different experience.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Jen nha i don't think so, you shouldn't probably take the opinion of few people on forum as the real true opinion on re 7, most people loved the game and most of them were re fan since the original

So for you resident evil rev 2 or 6 are closer to re 1 just because they have barry and Chris?
So the opinions of fans who care so much about a series to join a forum dedicated to it aren't real or true? Really? By that logic I should also discount your opinion completely too, cos what do you know? You're just a member on a forum too.

From what I've seen across all social media - forums (including this one), Twitter, Facebook etc. - the response to RE7 was a very mixed bag of differing opinions. But then, that's par for the course for Resident Evil, isnt it? It's not really surprising anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

People who say Resident Evil 7 is the closest to the original game because of X, Y, and Z are severely misguided because you can literally say that about any Resident Evil game. "Resident Evil 4 is just like Resident Evil 1 because you manage inventory, solve puzzles, and backtrack through the environment." Yet it's the way in which those elements are implemented and everything else around the game that sets it apart from the rest. Resident Evil 7 is no different.

Also, Resident Evil was always in third-person. Fixed-cameras, over the shoulder, they're both third-person perspectives. That's always been the series' identity and the gameplay has always remained consistent until the shift to first-person. First-person isn't just a "camera change." It's a completely different experience.
Personally re 7 is an experience i liked more than any other re game after re 5, and for me is more closer to re classic than any other re game after code veronica... I can understand that some people didn't like it, but capcom didn't make a mistake whit this game, obviously wasn't a perfect game... The real mistake were re 6, and the rushed cash grab re 3 remake, re 2 remake was awesome but in some part was also a mistake since its story was pretty **** but yet i see people on this forum praising it, and calling re 7 story bad, while to be fair it's the opposite...

So the opinions of fans who care so much about a series to join a forum about dedicated to it aren't real or true? Really? By that logic I should also discount your opinion completely too, cos what do you know? You're just a member on a forum too.

From what I've seen across all social media - forums (including this one), Twitter, Facebook etc. - the response to RE7 was a very mixed bag of differing opinions. But then, that's par for the course for Resident Evil, isnt it? It's not really surprising anymore.
Never saying any of that, Just saying that there isn't just one side opinion on the game , I see thousands and thousand of people loving the game, people who are re fan

Also you discounted all other people opinion by saying that general opinion don't count, but that count as any other

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
12 plus game of fixed camera angle, third person camera, first person camera, on rail shooter ecc... Resident evil was never in third person to begin whit and re 1 was also originally developed as a first person game...

Personally i like the first person, i understand that other didn't, but there are many many many other fan and people who loved re 7 and its first person perspective

And re 7 dosent revolve around hiding from the enemy, this happen only when you face jack baker in the first hour of Game, the rest of the game is exactly like re 1, fight of run from the enemy. ..
Re 2 remake is the one that mostly relay on the principle of hiding both against mr x, against zombie ans licker, so why re 7 is not ok whit some hiding segment but re 2 is?

When I say third person, I am referring to the fact that you can visually see your character interacting with their environment (whether it is fixed camera or over-the-shoulder), which is what I prefer and what has been used for the bulk of the series. Also, I never said I had an issue with Capcom integrating the 'hiding' aspect. I brought it up though because it does give a drastically different feel to the gameplay.

Coming from someone who enjoys the RE series for its characters, I guess you could say I'd much rather play any of the other titles that features the icons and that includes RE6. That said, I have always given credit where it was due for RE7. It succeeds in being scary and grounding the series a bit more, even though the entire ending of RE7, as well as the stupid DLC with hillbilly Joe ripping through molded, completely defeated the point of Capcom straying away from experienced characters. RE7 failed at tying the story in with the rest of the series and there was clearly potential at better establishing Alex's looming threat in that game's story (I say this because fans loved Rev 2 and that game was released ahead of RE7).

Now, I know it is rumored that Capcom will finally utilize Alex in RE8 but fans have every right to be concerned with how they do this especially when an entire game built around Natalia's fight over control of her body should have been done to continue on with that storyline- which we clearly aren't getting with RE8.

Last edited:

Mr.R

I won't even go into the "RE7 is similar to RE1"...

RE7 to me was Capcom's desperate attempt to embark into the horror trend after RE6. 7 has a lot of that "walking simulator" horror game vibes, in all of its glorious mediocrity. Of course, it gives the chance of fighting, or else it wouldn't be RE, but there's nothing in RE7's visual identity that makes it look like an RE game. It feels and looks like Outlast's big brother, who prefers a gun over a camera. Not only that, it also ties very, very badly into the series. After RE2R I thought Capcom would push RE7 aside like the failed experiment it was, or that it would push it's characteristics to a side-series.

I think the merit of RE7 was bringing good reviews back to the series (it's still something that baffles me), especially from the game media, good pr from streamers (just like those gazillion of horror games of that time) and new fans from that horror bandwagon of the mid 2010's. Is this bad? No, but it was achieved with a mediocre game, with a poor, disconnect story, but that will receive a sequel because of the things I mentioned before.

Zero hype. Bring the next remake. I take it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
This all just makes me wonder what their original plans were for RE8 and REvelations 3 before they did the switcheroo.

They've already acknowledged that some fans may not like the changes in the current RE8 game they are developing, but they also felt like their original idea felt out of tune with the entire series. Yeesh. :lol:

Soul Fist

Period! Couldn't agree more, I just don't like when others say RE7 Isn't a RE game just because it's first person. I mean everything about the game screams Resident Evil, the atmosphere, the horror, puzzles, music and the story. So just because it's first person the game is out of sudden failure and not Resident Evil? And I'm also a hardcore fan of Resident Evil and I think RE7 is a masterpiece.

Soul Fist

To be honest I'm concerned about one thing in RE8, and that is Natalex. If her story is going to end here and she's not going to be the main focus of RE8 then I'll be really disappointed. I'll be okay if she is a 2nd villian in RE8 to progress her story and explore the new Natalia to people,and then she can have another game on her own like Revelations 3 and be the main villian.

Turo602

The King of Kings
To say everything about Resident Evil 7 screams Resident Evil is not only dishonest, but shows a lack of understanding of the intricacies of the series. It's also very dismissive of Resident Evil 7's unique qualities. People have a habit of cherry picking elements and details and using that as the criteria for what makes it "Resident Evil" while ignoring everything that makes it Resident Evil 7.

It's one thing to dislike or like what the game does differently, but to act like it's not a departure despite whatever similarities it may have with the series in general is just downright ignorant, especially when it's so divisive, and for far much more than its camera perspective, which is still a valid criticism considering it's never been a first-person series.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I wouldn't say RE7 isn't a Resident Evil game, but rather that it feels more like a spinoff because of the divisive changes made that make it feel derailed from the other numbered titles. The one thing in RE7 that gives any sort of opening for a sequel to follow up on is the hour long Not a Hero DLC that isn't even a part of the main game.

D

Deleted member 21244

To say everything about Resident Evil 7 screams Resident Evil is not only dishonest, but shows a lack of understanding of the intricacies of the series. It's also very dismissive of Resident Evil 7's unique qualities. People have a habit of cherry picking elements and details and using that as the criteria for what makes it "Resident Evil" while ignoring everything that makes it Resident Evil 7.

It's one thing to dislike or like what the game does differently, but to act like it's not a departure despite whatever similarities it may have with the series in general is just downright ignorant, especially when it's so divisive, and for far much more than its camera perspective, which is still a valid criticism considering it's never been a first-person series.
Yeah most of what you say it's true, but evey re game after re 4 both main game and spin off were always a heavy departure from the series classic, re 7 despite being a departure both in story and some gameplay aspect is the closest to the classics re we got In decade, and every aspect from this game was taken by re 2 remake and amplified

Also i don't see why people were all excited about alex wesker and the wesker children plot, it was really one of the weakest part o re 5 plot and completely changed wesker character

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah most of what you say it's true, but evey re game after re 4 both main game and spin off were always a heavy departure from the series classic, re 7 despite being a departure both in story and some gameplay aspect is the closest to the classics re we got In decade, and every aspect from this game was taken by re 2 remake and amplified

Being closer to the classics in specific areas doesn't make it the closest to the classics when it does just as much wrong as it gets right. It's as close to "Resident Evil" as Resident Evil 4 is. They both take 2 steps forward and 3 steps backwards. What Resident Evil 4 gets right about the series, Resident Evil 7 doesn't and vice versa.

It all comes down to what you prioritize that determines whether you're going to have a good time with the game or not, and Resident Evil 7 for me is the biggest departure in the series because it completely revamps the series' identity to a much more drastic extent than previous games ever did.

Even if you didn't like the direction of the series post RE4, you still had a connection to the classic games through the characters and lore despite them catering to a new audience. They may have kept the puzzles, the ammo conservation, herbs, and so on, but they weren't fooling anyone. This wasn't Resident Evil anymore, just like Resident Evil 7 isn't now despite what it can checkmark off a list.

Resident Evil 7 was quite literally made for an entirely new audience who have never heard the term survival horror before, but will play horror games if it's in VR because that's the current trend. People like that don't need the baggage of lore and pre-established characters, which is why RE7 does away with it.

Chris Redfield is only there in name as a wink to the fans, but functionally, he's just another generic solider character who could literally go by any other name, which is why he's introduced in the way that he was. He's called Chris Redfield, but he's really a nobody to the player. Like how Christopher Nolan thought he was clever by calling John Blake "Robin" in The Dark Knight Rises.

Even the naming convention seems catered to new players because Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 8 sounds too intimidating to the average player who might feel late to the party, but call it Resident Evil: Biohazard and Resident Evil: Village, now it sounds easier to jump into for cheap scares. There's nothing here for fans of the series other than cheap nods and the very generic "it's survival horror now."

I could never look at Resident Evil 7 and truly believe that was Capcom's honest to goodness takeaway from the fans bemoaning their action-oriented approach because it's just plain insulting to my intelligence. Capcom knows damn well what they're doing and who they're doing it for, and as someone who has been let down too many times by this series, I can sure as hell say it's not for the fans. The fans let them down back in 2002 when they didn't own Gamecubes and didn't buy up REmake and RE0, and Capcom hasn't looked back since.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Even the naming convention seems catered to new players because Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 8 sounds too intimidating to the average player who might feel late to the party, but call it Resident Evil: Biohazard and Resident Evil: Village, now it sounds easier to jump into for cheap scares.
I agree with all of your post, but this part in particular struck a chord with me. I never even thought about it that way, but I think you're right. It does make it more accessible to new audiences. Shame that they prioritise that over fans, really.

Top Bottom