• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

I just realized that the rumors about RE8 being called ”Resident Evil: Village” might as well just be referring to the RE4 remake, since RE4 actually starts off in a village.

We’ll know soon enough what’s what and what’s not, hopefully.
The rumor of re 8 and re 4 remake came out from the same person who distinctly say that re 8 village and re 4 remake are two different game

Also that re village was previously revelation 3 turned into re 8, so I doubt that revelations 3 was turned into re 4 remake...

But we'll see it's really a matter of time now

D

Deleted member 21244

Other interesting re 8 rumors, that seems to come from reliable source confirm new detail...
Natalia/Alex wesker is also reveled to be one of the villain in this game alongside a member of "the connection"

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

I will say that the rumored settings, hallucinogenic virus, and the idea of turning Chris into some type of antihero sounds pretty intriguing. Still not crazy about Ethan or the other new character that is rumored to be thrown into this melting pot but... Alex Wesker’s involvement has me excited to hear more details.

D

Deleted member 21244

That explain what they decided to use alex again in re resistance

Also i just find out that Alex face in revelations 2 was that of actress called Elaine hendrix, and it look like she is also the face of Alex in resistance... Nothing to do whit re 8, just a curiosity

MV5BMTYzMDc3NzgwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMxNzM2OTE@._V1_.jpg

latest

She is actually pretty cute but her revelations 2 game model suck

Mr.R

Come to think of it, I think they danced with the idea of making Chris some sort of anti-hero, judging by the title of his little RE7 Adventure. Then there was the rework on Not a Hero, which caused a delay and I think they gave up on that, because Chris in Not a Hero plays the same beats as normal Chris, except by a little banter with the person on the radio about trusting Blue Umbrella, which is very understandable, on the character's POV. In the end of the day, the Not a Hero title makes very little sense in the context of the game, that's why I think they had another idea, but who knows. At any rate, still not much hyped by all of the rumours about RE8 (and honestly, some are very hard to believe.)

PinkHerb

Healing Item
What is with them talking about an evil Chris? This makes no sense whatsoever, and i'm afraid that they will somehow screw this up.

D

Deleted member 21244

What is with them talking about an evil Chris? This makes no sense whatsoever, and i'm afraid that they will somehow screw this up.
Chris is not evil by what rumors say, he just kill mia and Ethan son who was a monstrous abomination... Chris just did his bsaa job, killing a BOW
Killing a baby is not the best, but it was a monster in the end, he had to do it

Soul Fist

Other interesting re 8 rumors, that seems to come from reliable source confirm new detail...
Natalia/Alex wesker is also reveled to be one of the villain in this game alongside a member of "the connection"

Oh god, about time! I thought they forgot about that alex/Natalia story. But glad they brought it back because it needs to continue. Natalia will be like 19/20 in Resident Evil 8 which means she's adult and can be used as villian LOL. Of course there was Eveline but she wasn't a human.

Soul Fist

That explain what they decided to use alex again in re resistance

Also i just find out that Alex face in revelations 2 was that of actress called Elaine hendrix, and it look like she is also the face of Alex in resistance... Nothing to do whit re 8, just a curiosity

MV5BMTYzMDc3NzgwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzMxNzM2OTE@._V1_.jpg

latest

She is actually pretty cute but her revelations 2 game model suck
She looks just like her, especially in the 2nd pic. But I prefer her look in Resistence, she looks way cooler with the short hair

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Guess Resident Evil 2 was just a fluke.
It seems that way.

Even if some of these rumors sound kind of interesting, they still have Ethan and now some new random chick as the leading characters. Not to mention a first person perspective.

Sounds like Natalia is not going to be in it for very long either and may only be briefly mentioned if anything. This is a storyline that should be more than a brief mention and should also involve Barry/The Burtons to some degree. Though maybe it’s something of a cliffhanger for the ending.

Chris being an antihero is kind of pushing things out of character but context is also important. We’ve seen him slip into a bit of a dark depression in the past and know they have always intended for Chris to be a sort of “bad boy” type of character. It could work and make for a fresh story on Chris. Though it’s disappointing to not hear anything else about any other major past characters.

Mr.R

Didn't mentioned in the other post but...every rumour that gets "revealed" about RE8 makes me dislike the concept of the game more and more. First person, Ethan, supernatural stuff that will end up (poorly) scientific explained, a copy of RE4's enviroment (I liked in RE4, we don't need to go back there, especially with a supposed remake of RE4 coming), Chris again, Chris as an anti-hero (with a stupid motivation to do so for every character involved, if the leaks are correct), new character that we'll probably won't care about.

It seems RE7-Part2, and RE7 to me is a subpar game so...it's been a while since a main RE title had grasped so little of my interest with its rumours...

Soul Fist

It seems that way.

Even if some of these rumors sound kind of interesting, they still have Ethan and now some new random chick as the leading characters. Not to mention a first person perspective.

Sounds like Natalia is not going to be in it for very long either and may only be briefly mentioned if anything. This is a storyline that should be more than a brief mention and should also involve Barry/The Burtons to some degree. Though maybe it’s something of a cliffhanger for the ending.

Chris being an antihero is kind of pushing things out of character but context is also important. We’ve seen him slip into a bit of a dark depression in the past and know they have always intended for Chris to be a sort of “bad boy” type of character. It could work and make for a fresh story on Chris. Though it’s disappointing to not hear anything else about any other major past characters.
TBH I like RE7 characters, all of them. But they better not hide Ethan face this time, this mysterious main character thing didn't help him.

But as much as I like the characters of RE7, I'm still very disappointed that the past characters don't appear anymore. And been absent in two games in a row :(

I want to know what the hell happened to Jill? We didn't hear from her since RE5. I want to see Claire, Ada and Sheva and many more again.

Soul Fist

Didn't mentioned in the other post but...every rumour that gets "revealed" about RE8 makes me dislike the concept of the game more and more. First person, Ethan, supernatural stuff that will end up (poorly) scientific explained, a copy of RE4's enviroment (I liked in RE4, we don't need to go back there, especially with a supposed remake of RE4 coming), Chris again, Chris as an anti-hero (with a stupid motivation to do so for every character involved, if the leaks are correct), new character that we'll probably won't care about.

It seems RE7-Part2, and RE7 to me is a subpar game so...it's been a while since a main RE title had grasped so little of my interest with its rumours...
The one thing I dislike about RE8 is that it's still doesn't bring back characters from the past, I mean are we going to forget about them all of a sudden? Some of them are still young and can go like Sherry, Helena and Sheva. And even characters like Jill and Claire are not that old, and if they were in their 40s. So what?

Bran

Independent Film Director
The one thing I dislike about RE8 is that it's still doesn't bring back characters from the past, I mean are we going to forget about them all of a sudden? Some of them are still young and can go like Sherry, Helena and Sheva. And even characters like Jill and Claire are not that old, and if they were in their 40s. So what?

I am actually okay with many characters not returning. Resident Evil was not meant to have returning cast members. It was something started during production of Last Escape & Code Veronica. Having new characters helps sell the fear aspect better. Hoping after RE8 they introduce a new protagonist instead of Ethan so they don't repeat mistakes.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Even if Capcom didn’t intend to have reoccurring characters, fans still got
eight installments (both sequels and spinoffs) that re-featured characters from the first two games.
Seeing as there are loose ends and storylines that have been completely neglected for the iconic characters, it’s frustrating to see Capcom move the series along with new bland ones.

Depending on how true these rumors are and what the trailers look like, I may not purchase RE8. I’ll watch and see how it plays on YouTube before I write it off completely though. But RE7 was very average to me and I have yet to replay the game since my first play through.

Soul Fist

I am actually okay with many characters not returning. Resident Evil was not meant to have returning cast members. It was something started during production of Last Escape & Code Veronica. Having new characters helps sell the fear aspect better. Hoping after RE8 they introduce a new protagonist instead of Ethan so they don't repeat mistakes.
You know, I'm very open for new characters. Not just that I think it's important to have new ones every game to keep things fresh. But they should at least make Revelations 3 to bring back older characters like Claire, Sheva and Rebecca. And a new CGI with with characters like Leon, Helena and Ada.

If it was up to me, and I was forced to keep the main titles for new characters I would continue the Revelations series and let the focus be more on past females. And create another new series with the focus be on past male characters like Leon, Jake.. Etc.

Soul Fist

You know.. I wonder what role will Natalia /Alex have? The main villian Isn't her but they didn't say she won't have a major role here, maybe she will be like Saddler in RE4? Like a 2nd villian, I hope she doesn't die tho. At least not in RE8.

Top Bottom