• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

Some new info about resident evil 8 have been leaked

Here:
I thank @mert20004 for the link of this video
I think this leak deserved it's own thread to discuss

What do you guys think about it?
I personally find it exiting and interesting, especially the environment and the return of zombie

I wasn't expecting ethan to return, and even if i didn't dislike Ethan, i didn't find it as entertaining as other re character so i hope they give him more personality in this game

Obviously this are just rumor, but this day rumor happear to be really true in the end

mert20004

Not really looking forward to re8 tbh, especially if these rumors end up as true. Since it reminds me of re7 in some ways which ı dont like that much. Though ı'm not sure how the storyline is gonna end up like; something tells me it's gonna have a reboot feeling similar to re7 had. Zombies coming back would be interesting though; wonder what virus are they gonna be related to?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I like this.

It doesn't necessarily bother me that Ethan is returning because I expected it as a direct sequel to 7.

I am super excited about zombies returning and I love the idea of a virus that causes hallucinations. That would open up all kinds of opportunities for unique and genuine scares without dragging the series way into left field.

If these are true I'm officially super pumped for 8.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
It sounds like both good and bad news, though some were expected as above posters have pointed out.

The GOOD
- The location: Excellent choice! Last year I was actually suggesting RE8 to take place in a small snowy mountain village, so this kind of makes me feel like some sort of divine fortune-teller lol. The gothic vibes with the castle also sounds very interesting.
- Zombies: I think anyone who's a fan of Resident Evil will love to see zombies making a comeback. They are the core of the series in my opinion and I can't wait to see how their resurgence are explained.
- Werewolves: I'm usually against mythical creates and supernatural stuff because IMO it doesn't really belong in Resident Evil, but I guess after games like RE7 anything is possible. Werewolves are kind of cool though, hopefully they will be explained with a scientific experiment.

The BAD
- First person: I prefer fixed camera or third person, I've never been a fan of first person and I will never get used to it.
- Ethan: He's a weak character and I don't really understand why he's returning. They'd have to flesh him out ALOT before winning me over, and give a reasonable explanation to why he's suddenly sent on a mission like this. Chris Redfield simply saying "You did good back there in Dulvey, wanna work for me now?" isn't good enough.

My speculations
The location, the castle and werewolves screams Transylvania to me. Hopefully there won't be any vampires though, I think werewolves are more than enough.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Hmmm, so they are going for the RE 3.5 root? Oh boy...

I hope that they do not bring back the First Person crap from RE7, especially if Ethan is somehow involved...

D

Deleted member 21244

Rumor has it that this "leak" is referring to the old RE8 that was in development before Capcom decided to completely reboot RE8.
I really hope they didn't do that **** again,scrapping everything and starting from zero, like they did whit re 4 and 5, especially whit re 5 who was going to be an amazing game but they later scrapped every idea for just decent game

@PinkHerb yeah the rumor say its in first person, i personally have no problem whit first person, so im ok id re 8 will be in first person, i hope it will be in first person, unless it would have been stupid for capcom to put first person in re 7 to just return to third person in 8

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

IDK,it feels so weird, I never really thought first person suited RE at all. Maybe I have been spoiled by fixed camera angles in the classics and over the shoulder of the modern games...but it just feels so awkward for me, i'm not sure how I even survived lol.
Just taste, i personally like the fixed, the third and the first person view, i like the first person alot because you are completely immersed into the game, you really feel you are there, that why i love umbrella chronicles darkside chronicles and re7

PinkHerb

Healing Item
cool,i can understand that. Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles were alright, because they were rail shooters. I like those kinds of games, but i am kinda iffy of FPS horror games

D

Deleted member 21244

cool,i can understand that. Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles were alright, because they were rail shooters. I like those kinds of games, but i am kinda iffy of FPS horror games
Just Taste, i think first person deliver a more intense horror experience, take outlast for example or the pt demo, fear 1 or alien isolation ... They were scary as hell because of first person, first persone deliver a more terryfing experience

Third person can't, aside from evil whitin (but even that much in my opinion) there aren't so many horror scary game in third person

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
When I play in first person, I can't relate to the character I'm playing as. I suppose it works fine for games where the player character is disposable/unimportant like fast-paced shooter games such as Counter-Strike and Battlefield (I don't play those though), but definitely not for more story-driven games where the player character plays an important role.

Like, when you play as Chris in the previous games before RE7, although you control Chris you also see him do things from your own perspective, and you experience the game together with Chris. Chris becomes your friend, you connect to him and you feel for him when bad things happen to him. You cheer for him when good things happen.
But when you play as Chris in "Not a Hero" the experience is completely different. Now, you ARE Chris. You no longer experience the game together with Chris, because he is you. When bad stuff happens, it happens to you. When good things happen, it happens you. At the same time, you still have this weird feeling that you're inside Chris's body.

At least that's how I feel.

Turo602

The King of Kings
If RE8 turns out to be first-person and Ethan returns as the protagonist, then it looks like I'm going to be playing RE2 and RE3 a lot longer. Seriously, f*ck Capcom for even getting this far with this idea if it's true. They seriously have no f*cking clue what they're doing, especially since they even once said End of Zoe was their idea for RE8. Once again proves that they're just whoring the Resident Evil name for recognition without actually trying to make Resident Evil games.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yeah.
I'm just kind of stunned how they could put out REmake2 (and soon REmake3) which, while perhaps inconsistent with story cohesion, at least was successful in design, graphics and gameplay (third person/over-the-shoulder) . REmake2 was actually great at brining that feeling of dread and scares despite being third person POV.
Now we're getting a direct sequel to RE7 that is rumored to be in first person and revolves around Ethan... one of the most bland characters within the series...

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I'm wondering why they considered Ethan at all. Because second times the charm? They want to expand his character? This makes no sense

Mr.R

Yeah, if these leaks are true, then they're doing everything I didn't wanted them to.

Ethan is a very bland and boring protagonist. His story arch seemed complete. He rescued his wife. He survived. There's no reason for him to go back on doing this, nor does he expressed any interest on doing so (unlike Chris, Jill, Leon and the other protagonists in the classic games). He belongs with characters like Billy, who also doesn't have any reason to appear again. The only way for Ethan to be a protagonist that would make sense, would be some sort of accident or coincidence, which would be appear forced and convenient.

I don't mind first person games, but I don't think it fits the mainline Resident Evil either. RE characters always had looks that were very distinct from each other, expressed on things like hairstyle or clothing choice...even clothing color theme, like shades of green for Chris, blue for Jill, red for Claire & Ada and blue\black\ leather jackets for Leon. Things you can't see on a first person game. That's why most fps characters are very generic in appearance, since you're not seeing them all the time. Coincidentally, Chris's uniform in RE7 appears generic, like he was just a common soldier. No shades of green or nothing to differenciate Chris from the other Blue Umbrella Operatives. RE2 Remake proved that we can have some sort of survival horror experience with third person, so I suppose Capcom finally reached a middle ground that was good for the majority of fans. So...going back to FP seems like a mistake to me.

Don't mind zombies or...werewolves. Whatever. As long as Capcom don't get lazy like they did with the molded, we should be fine.

To round up...Europe? Rural setting? Castle? Like...we have RE4 for that. Why we need those scenarios again? Why not some place the series hasn't been, like the Middle East, India or Japan, for example, instead of going back to scenarios that sound exactly like RE4?

Anyway, I'm really hoping this leak turns out to be fake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

As long as the story, gameplay, atmosphere and horror element are good, it will be fine for me, strange to think the game will not be good just because it is first person :confused:

Edit: aestetichgamer say that this isn't the final version of the game but a version of half a year ago before they decided to reboot it
https://www.google.com/amp/s/gaming...uild-is-not-the-final-game-as-per-insider/amp

I really hope they don't end up doing the same mistake as they did whit re 5

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Yea my heart immediately sink after hearing that Ethan and First person camera is returning, nothing against those things but I was hoping for a new focus in the next mainline game character wise and also maybe the OPTION to have first person and third person but from the looks of things its not getting me all that hyped right now.

Top Bottom