• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Turo602

The King of Kings
As long as the story, gameplay, atmosphere and horror element are good, it will be fine for me, strange to think the game will not be good just because it is first person :confused:

No one doubts Capcom's ability to release good games. Even when they f*ck up, it's not often you can criticize the quality of the game. First-person is just terrible for this franchise because the gameplay experience doesn't translate that well like it did when they went from fixed camera to over the shoulder. It's a completely different experience that we're just not interested in when it comes to Resident Evil. If we wanted Dying Light, Outlast, Amnesia, or whatever, we'd play those. Resident Evil should be Resident Evil, and it's even more disappointing after they succeeded in making a modern game that actually feels like a Resident Evil game with REmake 2.

D

Deleted member 21244

No one doubts Capcom's ability to release good games. Even when they f*ck up, it's not often you can criticize the quality of the game. First-person is just terrible for this franchise because the gameplay experience doesn't translate that well like it did when they went from fixed camera to over the shoulder. It's a completely different experience that we're just not interested in when it comes to Resident Evil. If we wanted Dying Light, Outlast, Amnesia, or whatever, we'd play those. Resident Evil should be Resident Evil, and it's even more disappointing after they succeeded in making a modern game that actually feels like a Resident Evil game with REmake 2.
Well, i think that you are a bit right here, but still i like the first person perspective, probably it deliver an experience more closer to game like outlast and fear
Something that i personally like that's why first person didn't bother me that much

But yeah probably third person is the one that suit best for the series, since it manages to deliver that resident evil feeling...
but thinking about it first person did deliver that resident evil feel too, just think at umbrella and darkside chronicles, dispite being first person they manage to deliver that re feeling

Maybe isn't the camera the problem but the fact that re 7 sometimes feel more like an outlast or a fear game whit resident evil element, resident evil 7 its more focuse on jump scare and creepy atmosphere and spooky element, while resident evil was more like re 2 remake and the evil whitin

personally love this kind of change but maybe not all people like this approach

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

According to dusk golem, chris got a redesign due to the backlash. If he's right, then ı hope he will look good this time. I mean carlos in re3 remake looks like re6 chris so...
I didn't personally dislike re 7 Chris but if his face would be more like the usual Chris in re 8 it would be better

I don't see carlos looking That much like re 6 Chris
12799.png

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I really hope they don't end up doing the same mistake as they did whit re 5
In this case a reboot would be most welcome.

Hopefully they're rebooting is because of the success from RE2 remake, and they've decided to go back to making third person for the main series. It's very difficult to transform a first person-game into third person, so a complete reboot would be the only logical thing to do.

mert20004

In this case a reboot would be most welcome.

Hopefully they're rebooting is because of the success from RE2 remake, and they've decided to go back to making third person for the main series. It's very difficult to transform a first person-game into third person, so a complete reboot would be the only logical thing to do.
Why? They shouldnt reboot. That would be dumb. There's many loose ends to solve from previous re games. I want more story connections to previous re games, this is one of the reasons why ı dont like re7 and its stupid tone.

I agree about ditching 1st person camera for ots but no reboots...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well, i think that you are a bit right here, but still i like the first person perspective, probably it deliver an experience more closer to game like outlast and fear
Something that i personally like that's why first person didn't bother me that much

But yeah probably third person is the one that suit best for the series, since it manages to deliver that resident evil feeling...
but thinking about it first person did deliver that resident evil feel too, just think at umbrella and darkside chronicles, dispite being first person they manage to deliver that re feeling

Maybe isn't the camera the problem but the fact that re 7 sometimes feel more like an outlast or a fear game whit resident evil element, resident evil 7 its more focuse on jump scare and creepy atmosphere and spooky element, while resident evil was more like re 2 remake and the evil whitin

personally love this kind of change but maybe not all people like this approach

I liked that RE7 was first person. I don't really understand all the backlash to be honest.

Same with the main character being Ethan again. I can admit that he's not the most intriguing character as of yet but they now how a whole new game to fix that. And if the rumor is true they've fixed Chris, so I don't see why they wouldn't put the effort into Ethan.

I just don't like to assume the worst in a game before I play it, there's no reason to. Project Resistance was getting dumped on by everyone and their mother and I really enjoyed it. Hell, half the reviews for Death Stranding are still terrible and it's probably my favorite game of the decade, if not longer than that.

I'll sit in my corner eagerly looking forward to RE8 and R3make I guess lol.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I don't think there are any loose ends that needs to be tied up after RE7. Ethan's story arc is finished, and Chris killed Lucas who was the lead researcher of The Connections and therefore destroyed the last evidence with the lab. The only thing worth of interest would be to expand on Blue Umbrella and Chris's connection to them, but that's a throwaway story that can easily be explained at the side of a new and much wider story.

The RE series doesn't have a good tracking record of explaining loose ends anyway. To this day we still don't know who Ada Wong is really working for, for example. And how about the end of Revelations 2 with Alex Wesker taking over Natalias body? That seems to have been completely forgotten.

mert20004

I don't think there are any loose ends that needs to be tied up after RE7. Ethan's story arc is finished, and Chris killed Lucas who was the lead researcher of The Connections and therefore destroyed the last evidence with the lab. The only thing worth of interest would be to expand on Blue Umbrella and Chris's connection to them, but that's a throwaway story that can easily be explained at the side of a new and much wider story.

The RE series doesn't have a good tracking record of explaining loose ends anyway. To this day we still don't know who Ada Wong is really working for, for example. And how about the end of Revelations 2 with Alex Wesker taking over Natalias body? That seems to have been completely forgotten.
Well; for ada's case, her being mysterious gives her a charm and a difference from other characters who arent as mysterious as her. I personally like this charm of ada but ı agree that they should explain her backstory slowly.

I'm not sure how you got the idea that capcom completely forgot rerev2 though when heavenly island manga is a sequel to it and alex is mentioned in it. Sure natalex plot point isnt solved but my statement still stands.

There are more loose ends than those and ı think they should explain them in future. If they completely rebooted the series, ( Re7 isnt a reboot and re2 remake isnt canon. I'm not sure how re3 remake's story is gonna end up like though. ) then ı would leave and never come back.

D

Deleted member 21244

I liked that RE7 was first person. I don't really understand all the backlash to be honest.

Same with the main character being Ethan again. I can admit that he's not the most intriguing character as of yet but they now how a whole new game to fix that. And if the rumor is true they've fixed Chris, so I don't see why they wouldn't put the effort into Ethan.

I just don't like to assume the worst in a game before I play it, there's no reason to. Project Resistance was getting dumped on by everyone and their mother and I really enjoyed it. Hell, half the reviews for Death Stranding are still terrible and it's probably my favorite game of the decade, if not longer than that.

I'll sit in my corner eagerly looking forward to RE8 and R3make I guess lol.
Yeah i don't understand the backslash either , most people complain because there is first persone view instead of a third persone, but that's stupid because resident evil started whit fixed camera, and always changed its perspective in game...

Also many didn't even try project resistance but call it **** , people are just dumb

For the record there are many many people that i personally know and people on other site that like the first person change

I guess people just wanted the same things over and over again, as soon as they see something new they trowh **** at it... Fortunately I'm safe from all this, and i will enjoy re 3 remake whit resistance and re 8 in third, first or fixed camera as long as the game is good

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Really don’t get how it’s hard for some people to understand that others have preferences. There is a big difference between playing in first person versus playing in third person (regardless of whether it’s fixed or over the shoulder camera). If I have a choice, I choose third person games. I rarely play first person games but when I do, they’re usually games where I don’t feel any investment for the actual character I’m controlling and RE7 was no exception.

I’ll likely still try RE8 out dependent on how it looks in trailers and because I didn’t completely hate RE7. But it also felt like such a throwaway game with lame new characters.
Glad to see the rumors of Chris getting another makeover. That actually makes me really happy. But overall, it was just severely disappointing to hear that they are doing a direct sequel to RE7 instead of doing something similar to the recent REmakes that have come out.
They did sort of leave us hanging on who Lucas was sending information to so that does have me curious at least.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah i don't understand the backslash either , most people complain because there is first persone view instead of a third persone, but that's stupid because resident evil started whit fixed camera, and always changed its perspective in game...

Also many didn't even try project resistance but call it **** , people are just dumb

For the record there are many many people that i personally know and people on other site that like the first person change

I guess people just wanted the same things over and over again, as soon as they see something new they trowh **** at it... Fortunately I'm safe from all this, and i will enjoy re 3 remake whit resistance and re 8 in third, first or fixed camera as long as the game is good

ToCool74

Veteran Member

So people with differing opinions and tastes=them having a dumb opinion and being stupid?

Seems like a weird and 1 sided way of looking at things if you ask me.

D

Deleted member 21244

So people with differing opinions and tastes=them having a dumb opinion and being stupid?

Seems like a weird and 1 sided way of looking at things if you ask me.
Complaining abou the fact that the game is in first persone instead of third person and automatically call the game **** is stupid, that what i sayd... There are people that never tried re 7 but as soon as it was announced in first person called it **** by just looking at a trailer... The same thing happened whit project resistance
It's like looking at a person for some second whitout even talking to them and call him ****
That's what i was referring by stupid and dumb, i wasn't referring to people "real" different opinion, don't get word that i didn't say

Usually i play game, watch movie, do job or activities and talk to people before i judge this things, but people who didn't even try the things and say something about that are a bit stupid for me, they didn't even give the effort to try something and yet call the things bad

I was not referring to people that tried the game whit their hands, it was just a though of mine

Developer: we are announcing the next call of duty and it will be third person
Me: third person? The game was always first person, this new game is **** whitout first person, i Will never buy it

That what i meant whit stupid and dumb

Turo602

The King of Kings
The fact of complaining about
that the game is in first persone instead of third person and automatically call fhe game **** is stupid, that what i sayd... There are people that never tried re 7 but as soon as it was announced in first person called it **** by just looking at a trailer... The same thing happened whit project resistance
It's like looking at a person for some second whitout even talking to them and call him ****
That's what i was referring by stupid and dumb, i wasn't referring to people "real" different opinion, don't get word that i didn't say

Usually i play game, watch movie, do job or activities and talk to people before i judge this things, but people who didn't even try the things and say something about that are a bit stupid for me, they didn't give the effort to try something and yet call the things bad

I was not referring to people that tried the game whit their hands, it was just a though of mine

Complaining about a drastic change in a franchise you're already familiar with isn't stupid. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you prejudged without trying and didn't end up purchasing because it's not to your preference. Assuming people are stupid for not trying something they know damn well they won't enjoy is, well, stupid.

I love how people like calling others stupid for disliking something without "playing" or "watching" it, yet don't check themselves for liking it without doing any of those things either.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I'm not willing to put any sort of stock into any of the rumors thus far. Every resident evil game is bombarded with leaks and rumors and yeah some stuff always turns out to be true but it's easy to forget in hindsight that 90% of the "leaks" we heard were total BS. That said, assuming what we've heard is true, what I would consider the most logical explanation is that the leaks we've just received are in reference to the original concept for RE8 that was apparently scrapped and that consequently we have absolutely nothing to go on for the finished product. My guess would be the original design for the game closely resembled 7 in many ways, but with the success of 2 they may have backpedalled. Hard to say for sure what they'll do, so I'm not holding my breath for anything.

D

Deleted member 21244

Complaining about a drastic change in a franchise you're already familiar with isn't stupid. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you prejudged without trying and didn't end up purchasing because it's not to your preference. Assuming people are stupid for not trying something they know damn well they won't enjoy is, well, stupid.

I love how people like calling others stupid for disliking something without "playing" or "watching" it, yet don't check themselves for liking it without doing any of those things either.
If i had to complain about a drastic change or something i didn't like but that I didn't play I will simply say: well i prefere the third person over first person, i don't personally think that i will buy this game... But i will not judge the game by calling it bad or good whitout trying it

Also if in life you never try things you will be always stuck, there were many time in my life I looked at event, job, girl, game, movie and say i will probably not enjoy this, well i was totally wrong all the time because I end up enjoying it, but if i was mentally closed and automatically call everything i didn't enjoy, bad or ****, i would have never made the most beautiful experience of my life

When i was 5 years old my uncle brought me resident evil, i disliked the cover and i think that i would not enjoy the game, i was so wrong, it was pure love
If i just stopped to the cover i would have never enjoyed one of the most beautiful game ever made

Thats why i say that people who complain about first person or project resistence whitout even trying them are dumb

Re 8 could be bad or good, but only by trying it whit our hand can we know the truth, I'm hyped about re 8 but still pretty neutral, because all of this are just rumor, i am more hiped of the fact that resident evil 8 is being rumored about, i don't care if it turns out to be in first, third, fixed camera, all i want is it to be a good game

That s my opinion

Top Bottom