• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

I'm not willing to put any sort of stock into any of the rumors thus far. Every resident evil game is bombarded with leaks and rumors and yeah some stuff always turns out to be true but it's easy to forget in hindsight that 90% of the "leaks" we heard were total BS. That said, assuming what we've heard is true, what I would consider the most logical explanation is that the leaks we've just received are in reference to the original concept for RE8 that was apparently scrapped and that consequently we have absolutely nothing to go on for the finished product. My guess would be the original design for the game closely resembled 7 in many ways, but with the success of 2 they may have backpedalled. Hard to say for sure what they'll do, so I'm not holding my breath for anything.
I was now thinking at re 5 rumor, re 6 rumorand re 7 rumor... Re 7 rumor were talking about having jill chirs leon and Claire in the game, well that was totally untrue

Re 6 rumor were instead talking of a game whit setting in china, that was totally true, so many rumor are true but many many many many other are false
So im pretty hyped for the fact that re 8 is been discussed but neutral, well see what capcom is up to...
Some re 3 rumor were true in the end so who knows, we just have to wait and see...
For now i will just think at re 3 remake, hoping that capcom will not cut the story like re 2, meanwhile hoping to have other rumor about re 8 to talk about

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
If i had to complain about a drastic change or something i didn't like but that I didn't play I will simply say: well i prefere the third person over first person, i don't personally think that i will buy this game... But i will not judge the game by calling it bad or good whitout trying it

Also if in life you never try things you will be always stuck, there were many time in my life I looked at event, job, girl, game, movie and say i will probably not enjoy this, well i was totally wrong all the time because I end up enjoying it, but if i was mentally closed and automatically call everything i didn't enjoy, bad or ****, i would have never made the most beautiful experience of my life

When i was 5 years old my uncle brought me resident evil, i disliked the cover and i think that i would not enjoy the game, i was so wrong, it was pure love
If i just stopped to the cover i would have never enjoyed one of the most beautiful game ever made

Thats why i say that people who complain about first person or project resistence whitout even trying them are dumb

Re 8 could be bad or good, but only by trying it whit our hand can we know the truth, I'm hyped about re 8 but still pretty neutral, because all of this are just rumor, i am more hiped of the fact that resident evil 8 is being rumored about, i don't care if it turns out to be in first, third, fixed camera, all i want is it to be a good game

That s my opinion

You're not 5 years old anymore. We have plenty of access to information to be able to form strong opinions about things before we purchase them. My thoughts on Resident Evil 7 didn't change after playing it because I knew enough about it beforehand. It didn't suddenly become the game I wanted it to be just because I tried it. Just because they can make a good game out of something like a third-person Call of Duty, doesn't mean it isn't a terrible idea. Which I can tell you now, is a f*cking awful idea. I have enough common sense to know that Call of Duty has no business being third-person regardless of the potential to make a great game. It wouldn't be a great Call of Duty game and it would only divide their audience. If all you care about is a quality product, don't shame others for their preferences, especially when they're well defined and justified.

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

You're not 5 years old anymore. We have plenty of access to information to be able to form strong opinions about things before we purchase them. My thoughts on Resident Evil 7 didn't change after playing it because I knew enough about it beforehand. It didn't suddenly become the game I wanted it to be just because I tried it. Just because they can make a good game out of something like a third-person Call of Duty, doesn't mean it isn't a terrible idea. Which I can tell you now, is a f*cking awful idea. I have enough common sense to know that Call of Duty has no business being third-person regardless of the potential to make a great game. It wouldn't be a great Call of Duty game and it would only divide their audience. If all you care about is a quality product, don't shame others for their preferences, especially when they're well defined and justified.
Well i cant see how calling a game bad, good, ****ty , masterpiece ecc whitout even trying it can be defined and justified
That's all

Yeah you are right you can only form opinion about it by looking at information but you can't judge the whole product, like many people do

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well i cant see how calling a game bad, good, ****ty , masterpiece ecc whitout even trying it can be defined and justified
That's all

Yeah you are right you can only form opinion about it by looking at information but you can't judge the whole product, like many people do

I'm curious as to who these people are who are leaving reviews without playing a game.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm curious as to who these people are who are leaving reviews without playing a game.
People, i read many comment on Facebook, Instagram and other site, as soon as the re 8 rumor get out they all started say it will be a ****ty game whitout even have some concrete info or tested the game

Same happened for project resistance, re 7, re 6 and re 5 and 4

I think people just like to judge everything whitout trying it, because it's easy to judge but not putting any effort in trying the things you judged

Turo602

The King of Kings
People, i read many comment on Facebook, Instagram and other site, as soon as the re 8 rumor get out they all started say it will be a ****ty game whitout even have some concrete info or tested the game

Same happened for project resistance, re 7, re 6 and re 5 and 4

I think people just like to judge everything whitout trying it, because it's easy to judge but not putting any effort in trying the things you judged

Um... and? People are allowed to think the game is gonna suck based on those rumors, just like others are allowed to think it sounds good. A passing comment isn't a review of an entire game, nor does anyone owe you one to justify their dislike for anything. Based on those rumors, I have every right to say the game sounds like garbage. I don't need to play another first-person Resident Evil game just to reiterate what we already know.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The point of the thread was to share our thoughts/opinions on the rumors that are starting to spread so...

I get that nothing is truly confirmed with the game but those rumors were a letdown and, at this time, people have their reasons to not like what they have heard. Perhaps saying that it will be a sh*t game is too soon, but there are definitely some crap ideas being thrown around.

I really don’t see how bringing Ethan back in the next game, especially as a major character, is something to be excited for. My knee jerk reaction to his name being mentioned was literally

Perhaps Capcom will prove us wrong about Ethan (even though they really didn’t the first time) but that is my current opinion on the matter.

Edit:
Regardless of how underwhelming I find these rumors, I’m excited to be hearing something revolving around the next major title. Usually some official information comes out shortly following the rumors/leaks.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Depending on how long this takes place after RE7, it's safe to say we're never gonna see the legacy RE ladies take the lead in the current Resident Evil timeline again, they'll be WELL past their sell by date, except maybe Sherry.

Capcom clearly wants to start bringing in new blood to pass the torch on to, starting with Ethan and whatever new characters show up, they're just dragging Chris along to keep long time fans intrigued.

The First Person perspective coming back is a huge downer for me, especially after the REmakes, I hope they go back on that idea, Resident Evil is in too good of a place to shove that First Person view back in.

The "persistent shadowy female" enemy that follows but dissipates when shot sounds like Eveline might be back, or maybe it's another one of the little girls from the same experiment as Eveline and this new girl has a similar ability to Eveline where she can cause hallucinations, but because she wasn't as successful as Eveline in bonding with her virus and she couldn't control anyone or create mold, so she unleashed a virus around the area instead for some very specific plot reason so there would be zombies and other monsters.

Something that could be done, but I doubt it would be, is to do the character perspectives from Revelations 2.
You go through a significant part of the game as Ethan who is in first person, figuring stuff out on his end and then at certain moments in the story, you switch to Chris Redfield, in the 3rd person perspective and his mission is to find and help Ethan and he battles any enemies Ethan has come across.

This could allow us to experience the horror and suspenseful moments of the game as Ethan and then get to go bolder punching with Chris at any of the enemies Ethan encountered before Chris.
It would be a cool way to see how the civilian Ethan and Bolder punching Chris handle the BOWs in their own ways.
We could see how Chris gets to fight a certain sub boss that was giving Ethan a lot of trouble and vis versa.

D

Deleted member 21244

New rumor say that play test for ambassador member on a new re game, probably re 8, will start soon

The date are the following:
Tokyo: 29 February and 1 March ;
Los Angeles: 8 and 9 march;
New York: 12 and 13 march;
Frankfurt: 20 and 21 March

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Call of Duty in third person would actually make me interested in those games, but long-time fans would absolutely hate it. And that's completely justified. We've seen what happens to both movies and games that strain too far away from their original concepts, losing their fan base gradually until they go back to doing more familiar stuff. The reason RE7 did so well commercially and critically was because the RE series was already in a bad place and RE7 offered everything that was super trendy in horror at that time (first person, PT-style, jump scares, VR, etc.). The bad side effect was that letsplayers and gaming journalists whom never cared that much about Resident Evil before suddenly became "experts" and praised the game for going back to the roots of the series.

Moving on.

Depending on how long this takes place after RE7, it's safe to say we're never gonna see the legacy RE ladies take the lead in the current Resident Evil timeline again, they'll be WELL past their sell by date, except maybe Sherry.
Jill was experimented on though, so its possible for her to still look "fresh". But yeah, sadly you're probably right on that part. It's a shame none of the prime legacy characters didn't have any kids. While Barry is technically a legacy character and Moira could be a great lead for the main series, she does come off as the more "supporting role" type just like her father.

Or maybe that's why Jill's been absent from the main series for so many years? She is secretly raising her and Chris's love child. :lol: What an awkward family reunion it would be if Jill hasn't told him, and you can imagine Chris's face when he realizes that he's the father of 7-8 year old kid.

Anyway, fantasies aside, it definitely seems as if Capcom wants this new trilogy in the main series (7-9) to be mainly about new characters. Ordinary people, to be precise. However if that's the case I don't understand why they're going for such a gothic setting with a castle in the mountains and everything. A factory of some sort would make more sense.

I really like your idea about being able to switch between first person and third person for different characters. Personally, I'd prefer if they keep first person for interior environments, while outdoor environments are played in third person. In a perfect world the whole game would be in third person of course, but if they have to include it in some way - well, that's the least worst IMO.

D

Deleted member 21244

This is interesting, especially the werewolf part, he think that they aren't actually werewolf but wolf like creature, similar to hunter and licker

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
@Albertwesker959 I kind of agree with him that we really need to get some closure for characters like Chris and Jill sooner or later. I know many of us want to see the original legacy characters (Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire) star in these games forever, but that's not really a good idea. Neither is it realistic. I'm not saying they should die (although that could make for some heartbreaking story material), especially since people that die in Resident Evil have a tendency of coming back to life... BUT if one or several of them die in a respectful and permanent way I wouldn't be totally against it.

Retiring characters is another thing. They technically retired Claire after Code Veronica and gave her character some sort of closure, but brought her back in Revelations 2 as an activist. That worked.

Capcom's is probably never going to kill off Chris though.

D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 I kind of agree with him that we really need to get some closure for characters like Chris and Jill sooner or later. I know many of us want to see the original legacy characters (Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire) star in these games forever, but that's not really a good idea. Neither is it realistic. I'm not saying they should die (although that could make for some heartbreaking story material), especially since people that die in Resident Evil have a tendency of coming back to life... BUT if one or several of them die in a respectful and permanent way I wouldn't be totally against it.

Retiring characters is another thing. They technically retired Claire after Code Veronica and gave her character some sort of closure, but brought her back in Revelations 2 as an activist. That worked.

Capcom's is probably never going to kill off Chris though.
They were originally going to kill Chris off in resident evil 6 but they later changed is death whit piers

I'm glad they didn't do that, it wasn't Chris moment , i don't know if capcom have the balls to kill main character

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I didn’t realize people took the “werewolf” concept literally. Obviously it would be an infected wolf like creature. :lol:

I agree that they can’t drag things out forever with the original characters, which is something I have said in the past in regards to how long they can even keep the series going, but they have left fans with many unanswered questions and lose ends. Some of it we may have to accept they’re moving away from or completely retconning. But they have a chance to bring some things full circle, if they really wanted to, even with Ethan at the helm.

I know it’s highly unlikely but I would be completely down with then remaking the series, starting with RE2 and just moving forth with the iconic characters from there until we get to RE7’s events.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
They were originally going to kill Chris off in resident evil 6 but they later changed is death whit piers

I'm glad they didn't do that, it wasn't Chris moment , i don't know if capcom have the balls to kill main character

I wish they would have killed Chris instead of Piers. Piers was a worthy successor and Chris would've gone out in a blaze of glory. It would've been perfect.

D

Deleted member 21244

I wish they would have killed Chris instead of Piers. Piers was a worthy successor and Chris would've gone out in a blaze of glory. It would've been perfect.
I would have liked to have both alive, Chris didn't deserve to die in the awful resident evil 6, whitout giving us one last scene whit jill and Claire

Piers was a good character, it's a shame I was killed so soon in the series, but it also give Chris campaign an unique ending, since Piers is also one of the few secondary character to die in a resident evil game

Last edited by a moderator:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I’ve said my peace before on the subject of Chris surviving over Piers, so I won’t sound like I’m beating a dead horse here.

I do think that Piers actually surviving the blast and going on to be the next big villain’s guinea pig and Chris’ foe would be interesting enough. But we are long past RE6 now... plus I guess that is a similar plot to Jill surviving and being brainwashed. At least we could have had the buildup to Piers’ supposed death and heel turn.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
In regards to the legacy characters, they should never have aged them in real-time. That put a time limit on their use and Resident Evil games take so long to come out, years are lost between each instalment. They could have continued with these characters much longer had they not aged them in this way and this would have meant that they maybe would have more opportunity to tie up those loose ends.

I've said this in another thread, but these leaks definitely do not excite me. Characters and storyline are a big deal to me in games, and as people have said previously, Ethan's story was done with RE7. There's literally no logical reason for him to be in a bioterror situation again (though I guess logical is the operative word here... it definitely wasn't logical for Ethan as a civilian to blast through Molded and know how to put flamethrowers together). As others have said before, I also tend to not like first person camera perspectives and can probably count the number of first person games I've played on one hand, as they just don't really appeal to me.

I can only hope that the new idea for Resident Evil 8 is something very different to what was in that leak. Though I'm somewhat glad Chris is getting remade - let's hope they make him look more like his old self.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I do think that Piers actually surviving the blast and going on to be the next big villain’s guinea pig and Chris’ foe would be interesting enough. But we are long past RE6 now... plus I guess that is a similar plot to Jill surviving and being brainwashed. At least we could have had the buildup to Piers’ supposed death and heel turn.

Honestly, with how RE history keeps repeating itself, I wouldn't even rule that out. So far, almost every numbered title + Revelations and Code Veronica has given us at least one of these recurring elements:
* An extremely persistent, nigh-invincible stalker
* A quest to find a missing person (usually, but not always involving Chris in some way)
* Chris being depressed over losing one or all of his allies and wondering if it's all worth fighting for
* Claire being kidnapped into action and paired with a kid that gets infected and/or dies

So why not another "seemingly deceased friend returns as an enemy" story? Even RE7 had that with Mia! :razz: (But no, at this point I don't think Piers will return, at least not in the numbered main series.)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Honestly, with how RE history keeps repeating itself, I wouldn't even rule that out. So far, almost every numbered title + Revelations and Code Veronica has given us at least one of these recurring elements:
* An extremely persistent, nigh-invincible stalker
* A quest to find a missing person (usually, but not always involving Chris in some way)
* Chris being depressed over losing one or all of his allies and wondering if it's all worth fighting for
* Claire being kidnapped into action and paired with a kid that gets infected and/or dies

So why not another "seemingly deceased friend returns as an enemy" story? Even RE7 had that with Mia! :razz: (But no, at this point I don't think Piers will return, at least not in the numbered main series.)

u2zMh8b.gif

Top Bottom