• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

I agree with all of your post, but this part in particular struck a chord with me. I never even thought about it that way, but I think you're right. It does make it more accessible to new audiences. Shame that they prioritise that over fans, really.
Capcom priorities money over fan, nothing new, a series that had spawned more than 20 game over the course of 25 years need a revamp sometime , or it will inevitably die like many other franchise, and of course they want to get more people to play they're game especially new people, pretty obvious XD... I don't really see a problem here

@Turo602 personally re 7 Chris felt ans act like the Chris we know even if the face his different, is not a generic soldier, re 7 Chris is more like chris than the boring drunk always angry Chris from re 6, also i still can't get all the hate around re 7 Chris while the re 2 character like Claire, irons and Annette receive prise but had nothing to do whit they're original counterpart both in personality and face model

Also like i say before i don't really care to have leon Chris jill etc if the games suck, who cares to have jill if they use her as my ass in re 5? Or who care to have leon and Chris in re 6 when the game is just a generic call of duty? Re 6 was actually the biggest departure ever, if you take out Chris and leon you'll have nothing from a resident evil game but just a generic action shooter... Returning Character and story don't make a resident evil game, atmosphere, gameplay and horror feeling does

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Capcom priorities money over fan, nothing new, a game that had spawned 20 game over the course of 25 years need a revamp sometime , or it will inevitably die like many other franchise, and of course they want to get more people to play they're game especially new people... I don't really see a problem here

You sound like you work at Capcom. Justifying greed and bare minimum effort with things that only benefit Capcom.

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

You sound like you work at Capcom. Justifying greed and bare minimum effort with things that only benefit Capcom.
???? Revamping a series and wanting everyone to play you're game is greed?
Revamping the series does not only benefit Capcom but the series as whole or you want it to remain the same and die sooner or later? Why did the silent hill franchise die? The answer is pretty simple...
Whit bear minimum effort what you are referring to?

Series must change and evolv whit time, the 007 franchise is a perfect example of that, it manage to live for 50 years because it always changed itself but keeping the core intact

Also there was a whole post beside that XD

Turo602

The King of Kings
???? Revamping a series and wanting everyone to play you're game is greed?

"Wanting everyone to play your game." Yes, that's greed. Do you think Nintendo concerns themselves with the Call of Duty crowd when they make Mario games? Do you think 343 Industries is looking at the latest trending horror games so they can try to make Halo appeal to horror fans?

Returning Character and story don't make a resident evil game, atmosphere, gameplay and horror feeling does

You couldn't be more wrong. Like I said, if you prioritize those things, good for you. But Resident Evil is far more than those 3 things. And even by your criteria, Resident Evil 7 doesn't even fit the bill since none of that even matches up with the classics. It's also a very generic criteria because then that just means Silent Hill and Dead Space can pass for Resident Evil. What about the gameplay and atmosphere make Resident Evil feel like Resident Evil? You like throwing those words around but you never explain them.

You did very little to address my previous post. Besides, you're constantly editing your posts and adding paragraphs to them. Finish a thought before posting.

D

Deleted member 21244

"Wanting everyone to play your game." Yes, that's greed. Do you think Nintendo concerns themselves with the Call of Duty crowd when they make Mario games? Do you think 343 Industries is looking at the latest trending horror games so they can try to make Halo appeal to horror fans?

You couldn't be more wrong. Like I said, if you prioritize those things, good for you. But Resident Evil is far more than those 3 things. And even by your criteria, Resident Evil 7 doesn't even fit the bill since none of that even matches up with the classics. It's also a very generic criteria because then that just means Silent Hill and Dead Space can pass for Resident Evil. What about the gameplay and atmosphere make Resident Evil feel like Resident Evil? You like throwing those words around but you never explain them.

You did very little to address my previous post. Besides, you're constantly editing your posts and adding paragraphs to them. Finish a thought before posting.
Mario and resident evil are two different game, resident evil needed a revamp, for the same reason God of war needed a revamp or does tomb raider

Thos re 7 criceria did matches the classic criteria in my opinion

Silent hill, dead space and resident evil are all horror game, but they are different, all of them have different atmospher, different gameplay and different setting... Resident evil 7 is close in atmosphere, feeling and gameplay to the classic re not to silent hill and dead space, that's what I was sayingS

Silent hill didn't have any retiring playable character in 4 game, yet it feels like SILENT HILL, the PT demo for example was more silent hill than ever, so story and character don't make the game, atmosphere, gameplay and feeling does

Also you are telling me that I like throwing those things around whitout explaining them but I'm still waiting you explanation on some of you're post on other thread XD

I did try to address to all you're previous comment in that post, if I don't address some part of it, lt mean I agree Whit what you're saying or that I have nothing to reply on that, I suppose you did the same if you don't want to reply that part

I change my post because I'm busy doing something, so i post it, but when i read it I realize I can add something else
For example i did add that part because I only read Jen post, didn't noticed yours, that I read it and edited my post to answer your

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Also i don't see why people were all excited about alex wesker and the wesker children plot, it was really one of the weakest part o re 5 plot and completely changed wesker character

While I do regret that they changed Wesker into a comic book villain I wouldn’t say the Wesker Project is what ruined the character specifically. The fact that he became a comic book villain in RE5 is all due to poor writing. Fans are excited about Alex because they actually loved her as a villain and see the potential with her character for the series.

@Turo602 personally re 7 Chris felt ans act like the Chris we know even if the face his different, is not a generic soldier, re 7 Chris is more like chris than the boring drunk always angry Chris from re 6, also i still can't get all the hate around re 7 Chris while the re 2 character like Claire, irons and Annette receive prise but had nothing to do whit they're original counterpart both in personality and face model
Being that Chris and Claire are my favorite characters:
RE7 Chris is absolutely a bland representation from what Roger Craig Smith brought to the table. From his new design to the acting. The actor even bragged about changing lines because Chris is a ‘badass’ who shouldn’t show emotion, even though we have always known Chris to care for those around him.
I honestly cringed during David Vaughn’s interview when asked about playing Chris in RE7. The delivery of his lines felt so unnatural at times and offered nothing really new for the character.

RE6 Chris is my favorite Chris thus far and that’s because Capcom actually strayed away from the vanilla Chris of REmake and RE5. Chris was always meant to be a bad boy who gets things done unconventionally. His habit of smoking was shown briefly in the original 1996 game and they played up on the smoking and drinking during his depression and PTSD in RE6. It was refreshing to finally see that edge to his character and RCS gave an amazing performance. It's truly one of the best things about RE6.

In regards to Claire’s new actress in RE2R, Stephanie had some big shoes to fill as well but she did it effortlessly with how her lines were delivered and still brought the spunky, tomboy attitude that we’ve always know Claire for. Not seeing how you think her personality changed. Her new design, while different, still looks gorgeous and sets her apart.

The story behind Annette and Irons was also completely fleshed our more.

Also like i say before i don't really care to have leon Chris jill etc if the games suck, who cares to have jill if they use her as my ass in re 5? Or who care to have leon and Chris in re 6 when the game is just a generic call of duty? Re 6 was actually the biggest departure ever, if you take out Chris and leon you'll have nothing from a resident evil game but just a generic action shooter... Returning Character and story don't make a resident evil game, atmosphere, gameplay and horror feeling does
Completely disagree. If I want to play a zombie game that changes out the characters, I’d play Left 4 Dead. RE has long been established with characters and while I do think all good things should come to an end, there is still more they could do with the past characters and Revelations 2 showed us this and RE2R gave us that happy median of third person and scares.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

While I do regret that they changed Wesker into a comic book villain I wouldn’t say the Wesker Project is what ruined the character specifically. The fact that he became a comic book villain in RE5 is all due to poor writing. Fans are excited about Alex because they actually loved her as a villain and see the

Being that Chris and Claire are my favorite characters:
RE7 Chris is absolutely a bland representation of what Roger Craig Smith brought to the table. From his new design to the acting. The actor even bragged about changing lines because Chris is a ‘badass’ who shouldn’t show emotion. Even though we have always known Chris to care for those around him.
I honestly cringed during David Vaughn’s interview when asked about playing Chris in RE7. The delivery of his lines felt so unnatural at times and offered nothing really new for the character.

RE6 Chris is my favorite Chris thus far and that’s because Capcom actually strayed away from the vanilla Chris of REmake and RE5. Chris was always meant to be a bad boy who gets things done unconventionally.

Different opinion on most things
But i can say that re 2 remake claire is my fav claire but is completely different in aestetich than original re 2 claire and even in personality, mostly like re 7 Chris... I like re 7 Chris because it felt more closer to re 1 and code veronica Chris... I also love re 5 Chris and Roger Craig Smith and it's probably my fav Chris ever , but re 6 Chris is simply the worst Chris ever in my opinion, re 7 Chris was a welcome return to classic Chris

Left 4 dead and resident evil are two different things, you can't compare the two
Re 6 is by no mean a re game just because it have the character is just a random action shooter, so character don't make a re game

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Different opinion on most things
But i can say that re 2 remake claire is my fav claire but is completely different in aestetich than original re 2 claire and even in personality, mostly like re 7 Chris... I like re 7 Chris because it felt more closer to re 1 and code veronica Chris... I also love re 5 Chris and Roger Craig Smith and it's probably my fav Chris ever , but re 6 Chris is simply the worst Chris ever in my opinion, re 7 Chris was a welcome return to classic Chris

Left 4 dead and resident evil are two different things, you can't compare the two
Re 6 is by no mean a re game just because it have the character is just a random action shooter

And this is where we will continue to disagree.

Turo602

The King of Kings
And this is where we will continue to disagree.

The contradictions are unbelievable. He tells me Mario and Resident Evil are different games, tells you Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil are different as well, but uses Silent Hill to justify Resident Evil 7 not having returning characters. A hangover is less disorienting than this.

D

Deleted member 21244

The contradictions are unbelievable. He tells me Mario and Resident Evil are different games, tells you Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil are different as well, but uses Silent Hill to justify Resident Evil 7 not having returning characters. A hangover is less disorienting than this.
You probably didn't get the point not my problem

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
How is re 6 a re game? You just shoot and shoot and kick and kick, going from point A to B
How does shooting bioweapons created by evil corporate big wigs not make it a Resident Evil game? It’s a poorly written RE game, I will give you that, but it still felt like RE because of the characters and story which, believe it or not, has a huge impact in making the series what it is.

D

Deleted member 21244

How does shooting bioweapons created by evil corporate big wigs not make it a Resident Evil game? It’s a poorly written RE game, I will give you that, but it still felt like RE because of the characters and story which, believe it or not, has a huge impact in making the series what it is.
So if I make a car game but whit re character and story it will feel more like a re game? Just because of characters?
Of course characters are important in game but really not that much if the game is not re any more regarding gameplay, atmosphere and horror

For example star wars sequel trilogy, had character, and story from past film yet it dosent feel like star wars, putting some character, some story element and some lightsaber clashing don't make it star wars, same goes for resident evil...

In my opinion re 7 felt more like re even whitout they're character and story than re 6 that have almost all the character from previous re game

Re 6 is just shooting and kicking enemy like call of duty, but if i remember right resident evil didn't became famous for this but because of puzzle, inventory management, hard difficulty, horror feeling, all things that re 6 didn't have while re 7 have

When I buy a new re game and put it on my console I expect to feel my skin turn cold, i expect to fell claustrophobic, to feel that feeling of loneliness, i expect to fell fear, I expect to fell powerless against enemy and to use my brain to solve puzzle and manage my inventory, i don't expect to shoot and kick enemy fearless and fighting chopper and tank and drive motorcycle while fighting a chopper and flying a bomber to destroy a ship wtf lol

Turo602

The King of Kings
So if I make a first-person horror game about hillbillies and a bland faceless protagonist searching for his wife, with Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibes but add in an item box, herbs, and inventory management, it's suddenly a Resident Evil game?

I guess Sonic is a good Mario game. They both jump on platforms and scroll from left to right. Mario wasn't made famous by the characters. It was the revolutionary gameplay.

D

Deleted member 21244

So if I make a first-person horror game about hillbillies and a bland faceless protagonist searching for his wife, with Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibes but add in an item box, herbs, and inventory management, it's suddenly a Resident Evil game?
As stupid as it sound yes, especially if it have the atmosphere and feeling of a re game, something re 7 had

Edit: When I buy a new re game and put it on my console I expect to feel my skin turn cold, i expect to fell claustrophobic, to feel that feeling of loneliness, i expect to fell fear, I expect to fell powerless against enemy and to use my brain to solve puzzle and manage my inventory, something re 7 did, i don't expect to shoot and kick enemy fearless and fighting chopper and tank and drive motorcycle while fighting a chopper and flying a bomber to destroy a ship like re 6 did wtf lol
Adding this because probably, nobody read it

It's uselles to continue discuss our opinion are different

Soul Fist

As stupid as it sound yes, especially if it have the atmosphere and feeling of a re game, something re 7 had

Edit: When I buy a new re game and put it on my console I expect to feel my skin turn cold, i expect to fell claustrophobic, to feel that feeling of loneliness, i expect to fell fear, I expect to fell powerless against enemy and to use my brain to solve puzzle and manage my inventory, something re 7 did, i don't expect to shoot and kick enemy fearless and fighting chopper and tank and drive motorcycle while fighting a chopper and flying a bomber to destroy a ship like re 6 did wtf lol
Adding this because probably, nobody read it

It's uselles to continue discuss our opinion are different

No matter how much of flaws RE7 had, it's still nowhere near as bad as RE6. And Chris's campaign? OMG it's the worst, it's 100% percent action with no horror or anything related to Resident Evil. In fact all campaigns are NOWHERE near Resident Evil, however I'd say "some" parts of Leon and Ada's campaigns are okay but that's it.

And to me RE7 barely has flaws, maybe the fact that we had no returning characters.. And maybe if we had the choice to selectt between third and first person. But that's all really! And if it wasn't for RE7 we would never got RE2 Remake.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yes it really is useless to argue over opinions. It’s easy for us to all sit here and mock RE6 and RE7 for what they get wrong because, as pointed out before, where one does something right the other gets it wrong. They are polarizing games in that they go heavy in the new things they try to introduce.

At the end of the day, I don’t see what is wrong with Capcom looking for that happy medium. Most fans agree that the gameplay and horror were perfected with RE2R. And I highly doubt that any one of you, vocalizing support for all new RE characters, would have been disappointed had the rumors revealed RE8 bringing the focus back to the icons with the more grounded approach. There really is no reason for them to not carry on the story in this downscaled approach, which I will agree is much better for this survival horror series.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yes it really is useless to argue over opinions. It’s easy for us to all sit here and mock RE6 and RE7 for what they get wrong because, as pointed out before, where one does something right the other gets it wrong. They are polarizing games in that they go heavy in the new things they try to introduce.

At the end of the day, I don’t see what is wrong with Capcom looking for that happy medium. Most fans agree that the gameplay and horror were perfected with RE2R. And I highly doubt that any one of you, vocalizing support for all new RE characters, would have been disappointed had the rumors revealed RE8 bringing the focus back to the icons with the more grounded approach. There really is no reason for them to not carry on the story in this downscaled approach, which I will agree is much better for this survival horror series.
Personally I prefer having re 8 in first person, and obviously i will be glad to see some character and plot from previous title reappearing in 8
I would have actually have been disappointed if rumors revealed re 8 to be in third person whit the old main cast as playable protagonist, mostly because this would have made the first person change in re 7 pointless and also because I'm also tired to have leon chris ecc as main character again, they have nothing less to tell as protagonist , but they have more to tell if they are put into game as secondary character much like solid snake in mgs 2, he was more intriguing as that than as playable character

At first i also thought Ethan should not have returned in re 8 since his story was pretty over in re 7 but it happear he have more to tell especially if recent rumor are true

It is all just a matter of opinion and feeling, and I'm a fan from about 20 years since i first played the original

Top Bottom