• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Turo602

The King of Kings
That picture actually worries me. I don't know if it's meant to be blood or dirt on his face, but I'm starting to get the vibe that maybe Chris was infected by some mold or something and Ethan ultimately has to kill Chris. If we have to bash Chris' head in with a golf club, I'm done.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That picture actually worries me. I don't know if it's meant to be blood or dirt on his face, but I'm starting to get the vibe that maybe Chris was infected by some mold or something and Ethan ultimately has to kill Chris. If we have to bash Chris' head in with a golf club, I'm done.
You're not wrong. I think it looks like the black mold from RE7... Blue Umbrella is already hinted to be bad in this game and Chris was, unfortunately, in a vulnerable position working too close with them. It's not looking to be a good setup for Chris.

EDIT: OMG you guys... I literally got the trophy "Hope this is not Chris' blood!" with this post just now... The stars are aligning. :cry:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
ugh...I saw the trailer, and I am not very hopefully. I was correct when I predicted they would have this first person crap again...I am not looking forward for that.

Reactions: Jen

RedPanda

4x the awesome
But hey, props to Chris for having clearly the best agent of the main characters since for the first 5 numbered titles we didn't have the same character in 2 number titles in a row and he's been in the last 4.

D

Deleted member 21244

Didn't rumor say that Chris killed mia and Ethan son because they were infected, and the baby was a bow?

So essentially Chris isn't the bad guy he just did his BSAA agent job

Maybe Ethan son would have become some monster like Evelin, and Chris did kill it before it was too late

Maybe was all an allucination created by the new virus, and Ethan was led to believe by some group, maybe the connection, that Chris killed his wife
But actually someone else did or nobody at all

I seriously doubt Chris turn evil after all the work he had done to defeat people like wesker and save the word from bioterrorism so many time... So it's hard to belive it...

Capcom is just tricking you like they did whit dante in dmc 4 trailer we all thought dante was bad but in reality he killed that innocent people because they were bad and one of them was also the final boss lol

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if Chris has became disconnected at this point.

His squad leader made his team Guinea pigs and became his enemy for years. The fact Jill was having ptsd (as shown in re3re) from re1 could mean he was just as badly affected. How many bio terrors has he been up against now?
He almost lost his sister several times to bioterrorism. He thought he lost his partner Jill to wesker only to find out she's been alive but brainwashed. His secondary partner Jessica betrayed them all, and he lost faith in the bsaa leader obrian for withholding valuable info. He got amnesia in 6, lost like his whole new team and partner piers.
Now he's joined another organisation (blue umbrella?) which are most likely corrupt aswell and now he's heard that his newest rescuee is possibly a danger to the world due to his baby..

I think Chris is going to be so depressive and angry in this game, its kinda heartbreaking.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Let's see: A snowy village with a mysterious atmosphere, a cackling old woman who might be the rumoured witch (Alex Wesker?), werewolf enemies, and it all starts with a mother telling her child a creepy fairy tale that will probably tie in with the story somehow… I mean, if this was Little Red Riding Hood: The Game, and it wasn't in first person, I would probably be into it. But how does this have anything to do with RE anymore? The only familiar element I see is Chris, which I have to highlight positively because he actually looks like himself again and I like that he's killing that family of bland nobodies.

Right now it's safe to say that I'm more interested in this than I ever was in RE7 (albeit for the wrong reasons), but that's hardly surprising given what a kick in the gut that game was. I'm still not convinced, and unless they go on and show something that screams "Buy me!!" to me (like a really, really good implementation of Alex Wesker), I'll probably sit this one out too.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I agree with everything Turo said except for the lack of numbers in the title; that is something that all game companies tend to do as they move up to high numbers that start to sound ridiculous when you say them out loud. There are a few exceptions to this such as the Final Fantasy series who sticks to numbers, but at some point it would start to sound weird. Imagine a game called Resident Evil 23.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I agree with everything Turo said except for the lack of numbers in the title; that is something that all game companies tend to do as they move up to high numbers that start to sound ridiculous when you say them out loud. There are a few exceptions to this such as the Final Fantasy series who sticks to numbers, but at some point it would start to sound weird. Imagine a game called Resident Evil 23.

The thing is, the numbers are still hidden in there unlike Assassin's Creed and Halo which have phased out numbers entirely after gradually introducing a subtitle after the number. Everyone knows what an Assassin's Creed or Halo game looks like because they've remained consistent in who they're targeting, so the numbers aren't really needed.

Capcom on the other hand changes the series' identity so frequently that they need those numbers to make it clear it's the next Resident Evil and not a spin-off like Revelations, which doesn't sell nearly as well as the numbered entries.

But it's also obvious that they're piggybacking off of the numbered series despite the reboot like nature of the latest games that are appealing to an entirely new crowd. Why else are the subtitles so bizzare and vague? Resident Evil: Village sounds more like a theme park attraction than an indicator of the game's story or sequel status, which makes it retail friendly as it comes off like a standalone VR experience as opposed to an 8th entry in a long running franchise.

They didn't even hide the VII in the subtitle of RE7, yet they still gave it a subtitle anyway because Resident Evil: Biohazard looks better next to a VR headset than Resident Evil 7 does or even RESIDENT EVIl, which could easily be mistaken for a reboot, which it basically is, but we all know Capcom isn't gonna compromise their cash cow by doing something as foolish as rebooting the franchise, even though it would be the best course of action for them to maintain consistency and quality over the series again. But it wouldn't be the best business move for Capcom, so we're f*cked anyway.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I'm more interested in this game than 7 only because there already seems to be a lot more to it in terms of characters, setting, and plot. There's something to be said for 7's sort of smaller scale, self-contained story, but there were like, 5 human characters in the whole game, the setting was cool but there just wasn't much of it, and in terms of plot not much actually happened.

I'd certainly like RE to keep some semblance of numbering in their mainline games if only because they have such a propensity for making side games that it helps me know what's actually worth considering playing. But doesn't anyone else think the VIII is tacky bc the last two "I"s are spaced differently from each other than the first two? Idk, just don't really love the look, and that was a big part of why I thought the Village thing was fake to begin with.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I thought the trailer was dynamite!

I know people are having concerns over the relative closeness from RE7. But I am one of the people that really enjoyed RE7 despite the fact that I thought it would have been better without First Person. Still feels wrong.

I feel like for the first time since RE5, we are going to have antagonists that really ****ing matter which gets me excited. I mean, the Baker Family was cool, but it was a very small, contained threat. I feel like this is going to weave in and out of the past and future stories of the franchise. Having a possibly evil Chris is wonderful. I am just wondering if Chris is the "wolfman" character. I have to watch it a few more times, but damn, it was scary and sexy at the same time. Just like I like it. haha

Jonipoon

They didn't even hide the VII in the subtitle of RE7, yet they still gave it a subtitle anyway because Resident Evil: Biohazard looks better next to a VR headset than Resident Evil 7 does or even RESIDENT EVIl, which could easily be mistaken for a reboot, which it basically is, but we all know Capcom isn't gonna compromise their cash cow by doing something as foolish as rebooting the franchise, even though it would be the best course of action for them to maintain consistency and quality over the series again. But it wouldn't be the best business move for Capcom, so we're f*cked anyway.
I hear you, but nevertheless the way they're messing up the numbered titles is the least of our concerns about the direction they're taking. If both RE7 and RE8 had stayed more close to the roots of the series I honestly don't think anyone of us would give a crap about them having such strange subtitles.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I hear you, but nevertheless the way they're messing up the numbered titles is the least of our concerns about the direction they're taking. If both RE7 and RE8 had stayed more close to the roots of the series I honestly don't think anyone of us would give a crap about them having such strange subtitles.

I was simply making the point that the naming convention itself was further proof that the series is distancing itself from past entries since some are adamant that this direction is the closest thing to the originals since Code Veronica despite REmake, 0, and REmake 2 being things...

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

I was simply making the point that the naming convention itself was further proof that the series is distancing itself from past entries since some are adamant that this direction is the closest thing to the originals since Code Veronica despite REmake, 0, and REmake 2 being things...
Remake and 0 are both prequel, i was referring to sequel story game after code veronica... Re 7 is the closest to classic after decade of action game

Re 2 remake came out after re 7 and take every gameplay aspect from re 7, even the menu style is the same lol this game make re 2 became a reality

Turo602

The King of Kings
Remake and 0 are both prequel, i was referring to sequel story game after code veronica... Re 7 is the closest to classic after decade of action game

Re 2 remake came out after re 7 and take every gameplay aspect from re 7, even the menu style is the same lol this game make re 2 became a reality

In terms of design, you're right. But literally everything else is just as big of a difference for the series as the linear action approach.

Also, the only thing REmake 2 borrows from RE7 are assets because they're both made in the same engine... Trying to credit RE7 with the series' previous staples that RE2 is taking directly from the very game it is remaking makes absolutely no sense. RE7 didn't invent non-linear design and puzzles.

D

Deleted member 21244

In terms of design, you're right. But literally everything else is just as big of a difference for the series as the linear action approach.

Also, the only thing REmake 2 borrows from RE7 are assets because they're both made in the same engine... Trying to credit RE7 with the series' previous staples that RE2 is taking directly from the very game it is remaking makes absolutely no sense. RE7 didn't invent non-linear design and puzzles.
Yeah you have right that re 7 didn't invent them, but it's the game where all that things returned in grate form, and the game that reintroduced all this concept to the survival horror genre

We can't know if re 2 remake would have been the same way if re 7 was just an action game like re 6, maybe it would have turned like re 3 remake but worse
Re 7 feedback definitely play a major part in re 2 remake gameplay development

Maybe mr x was just scripted but they decided to make him more stalker because of what the other team achieved whit Jack backer in re 7

Just thinking

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah you have right that re 7 didn't invent them, but it's the game where all that things returned in grate form, and the game that reintroduced all this concept to the survival horror genre

We can't know if re 2 remake would have been the same way if re 7 was just an action game like re 6, maybe it would have turned like re 3 remake but worse
Re 7 feedback definitely play a major part in re 2 remake gameplay development

Maybe mr x was just scripted but they decided to make him more stalker because of what the other team achieved whit Jack backer in re 7

Just thinking

But you're also discrediting everything that Resident Evil 2 does differently from RE7 that makes it stand out as a modernized take on the classic formula. You make it seem as if people are hypocrites for disliking RE7 but praising REmake 2 because "it just takes everything from RE7."

Resident Evil 2 is just as much of a refresh for the series as RE7 was, but only one bears the most similarities to the classics, which is obvious because one is a remake of a classic, but it's also a very distinct template for how to make future installments.

D

Deleted member 21244

But you're also discrediting everything that Resident Evil 2 does differently from RE7 that makes it stand out as a modernized take on the classic formula. You make it seem as if people are hypocrites for disliking RE7 but praising REmake 2 because "it just takes everything from RE7."

Resident Evil 2 is just as much of a refresh for the series as RE7 was, but only one bears the most similarities to the classics, which is obvious because one is a remake of a classic, but it's also a very distinct template for how to make future installments.
Yeah of course, re 2 remake did many things that re 7 didn't... For example the whole remaking things is revolutionary a, mr x IA is also great and sound was something new, something no game had, even the gameplay itself is many step forward to re 7 in a sense, I don't want to discredit re 2 remake, but I also think it should not take all the prise since many things that are in re 2 remake were possible because of what was achieved whit re 7

I the end they are two great game and I love both of them, i just hope we get more game like this in the re series... Sonner or later you will get another re game like re 2 remake, maybe even a main game, and soon i will get re 8 who is closer to re 7... So in the end everyone are happy

Jonipoon

^I'm not happy though, and that's mostly because they're bringing Ethan back.

A character's likeability among the fanbase these days can generally be summed up by the amount of meme gifs and fangirl art it receives. Ethan and Mia has none of that.

Top Bottom