• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Helpful Hints

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
ResidentZelda;44752 said:
but still it's like WAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster if you use the rocket launcher IMO :)
Well, yeah, it's obviously alot (well, a couple minutes, really) faster with a rocket launcher or the chicago typewriter- everything is- but, I was just sayin' it's pretty simple to do get through Salazar without it. There are several other boss battles where the rl is much more helpful than in this one. ;)

Hoady

rathit;44756 said:
it is faster if you use the rl, i awlays use it... or i go on him chicago style on him...

Thats the plagas gun right?I never used that crappy thing it made the game so boring and apparently the crates and snakes have T-virus in them.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Anyone have tips for beating up enemies in Pro mode? They're so much faster than before. They don't pause like they usually do, they just rush at you then swing their weapons like crazy(and of course with 1 hit my life's already yellow), and I'm having a very hard time at that, since usually my bullets would miss since they like to run a lot.

BTW I have the PS2 version unless you were wondering about the Wii version. :p

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Shoot the attacker in the leg, brings them down half way that way you can run up and do leons special move. Which if they have a few more behind then, it will knock them back aswel, giving you the chance for a few headshots.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Whenever I try a suplex(even in normal mode) I don't think enemies are knocked back, they usually even hit me after I do it. D:

Though the tactic would probably be effective before the Castle area, so thanks. Gonna try out Pro again. :p

bruno

Chief Researcher
I have finished normal, but i am curious about the chicago typewriter. I am finishing Seperate Ways, and i dunno if i play normal again to try to get money and get the typewriter or start the game on pro...

(I had finished the game twice before, but i lost the saved data, and that was some years ago)

Dos

One tip from my play throughs...

In Chapter 4-2, after you fight the two El Gigantes there's that vast cave with all the Novistadors. On professional, this can be a deceptively difficult area. The Novistadors on pro here are quick- and smart. When you go into the two small caves to push the light buttons, it activates a whole swarm of Novistadors to come rushing at you. DO NOT, and I really mean DO NOT, stay against the back wall of the cave when this happens. If you do, you will quickly be surrounded by five or six Novistadors and they will hit and grab and spit acid on you so quickly that you won't even have time to heal yourself. You'll be dead VERY quickly. The key there is to go back to the narrow entrance of the small caves and fight them there- so that they can't surround you. Use the narrow entrance as a choke point and you should be okay. Keep in mind though, that some of them will be attacking via the ground while others will fly in and try and grab you and then burn your face off- at the same time.

The moment you're surrounded, you're dead basically!

I have only ever died in that part of the game on pro- they just aren't anywhere near as lethal on normal. But I died there on pro four or five times before I realised what I was doing wrong...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;63819 said:
The moment you're surrounded, you're dead basically!
Good tip. But if you have a flash grenade, you can use it and then just magnumize them quickly?

Dos

Romero;63970 said:

Good tip. But if you have a flash grenade, you can use it and then just magnumize them quickly?
Well on pro I found that if you have four or five surrounding you and grabbing you, you literally do not have time to do anything- heal yourself, shoot a weapon, change weapons, anything....literally the split-second you shake off one of them, another will grab you and start vomiting the acid all over you...basically your face will be burnt off disturbingly quickly.

mkejank67

heres a hint for the rig part wen u beat him at the rig wen u first kill him use the shotgun and the second time use the magnum i knows its stupid but it works

mkejank67

and if u have 30000 ptas go to the merchant before u face salazar buy a roceket launcher becase you get ur money back and a extra 20000 ptas and wen u face saddler wen ada throws u the special rocket laucher do not use it u can sell it for 30000 ptas so just kill him naturlly

hobojoe521

michael i think they already know that DAH. oh and quit taking credit for something I TOLD YOU. and yes i did tell him about those things,

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Sephiroxas;7 said:
logo.jpg

While playing through Resident Evil, I figured out a few small things that might be helpful to other people, These may have been already found out, but please, I hope it helps anyway :D It's always good to have a reminder.

and I will be coming back and updating this thread with even more hints. So keep checking back, ;)

*When you reach the town, at the very beginning of the game, you can either.
A) Sit back and kill the towns people, WITHOUT spawning the first Chainsaw man, OR B) You can go in the house, activate the scene and the chainsaw man and get the shotgun.

*When you reach the part with the "Two routes" and you have to pick between the 2 Chainsaw Women, or the El Gigante, Pick the one you feel most comfortable with first, complete the route, then backtrack and take the other route. There are two treasures in these areas.

*In one of the rooms in Salazar's castle (the art gallery), there are four paintings that you have to line up correctly. The easiest way I've found was to put the numbers in this order (4, 3, 2, 1)

*When you first get Ashley back (After sniping the monks out) Don't forget to backtrack and get the Broken Butterfly for free. :D

*Salazar's Right hand, on professional version, is one of the hardest enemies you'll encounter. Even with the nitrous, Hand cannon, and Rocket Launcher, he still does not go down, so if you want the Treasure he holds (Crown Jewel) you should be prepared.

verdugo.gif

The chainsawdudes gives money to you :3 If you want to make money (which I try to do), don't start killing those villagers. First, there's a route at the left side. Follow that route and it'll lead you to a chainsawdude. Meanwhile some villagers will come after ya, but whatever :3 Kill the chainsawdude, get your Ruby, run into the house, and kill another chainsawdude :D! Money will come <33! And at your second hint. If you still try to make money, first take the route with the chainsawladies, then go back and take the route with the El Gigante :3 More money will come 8D!

I guess it's helpful to put two categories in this guide :) One: ''Helpful Hints- Survive'' and two: ''Helpful Hunts- Make Money'' =)) It'll be helpful for people who wants to make money, to get for example the infinitive rocket launcher <3!

Ow and sorry if one of these already stays in the thread D:

marcel_resident

when i play the game my first time i take the two ways , when i see the two ways going to the same way i m **** myself
but i think somebody here happends the same here not???????

Top Bottom