• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Helpful Hints

Sephiroxas

logo.jpg

While playing through Resident Evil, I figured out a few small things that might be helpful to other people, These may have been already found out, but please, I hope it helps anyway :D It's always good to have a reminder.

and I will be coming back and updating this thread with even more hints. So keep checking back, ;)

*When you reach the town, at the very beginning of the game, you can either.
A) Sit back and kill the towns people, WITHOUT spawning the first Chainsaw man, OR B) You can go in the house, activate the scene and the chainsaw man and get the shotgun.

*When you reach the part with the "Two routes" and you have to pick between the 2 Chainsaw Women, or the El Gigante, Pick the one you feel most comfortable with first, complete the route, then backtrack and take the other route. There are two treasures in these areas.

*In one of the rooms in Salazar's castle (the art gallery), there are four paintings that you have to line up correctly. The easiest way I've found was to put the numbers in this order (4, 3, 2, 1)

*When you first get Ashley back (After sniping the monks out) Don't forget to backtrack and get the Broken Butterfly for free. :D

*Salazar's Right hand, on professional version, is one of the hardest enemies you'll encounter. Even with the nitrous, Hand cannon, and Rocket Launcher, he still does not go down, so if you want the Treasure he holds (Crown Jewel) you should be prepared.

verdugo.gif

Arckon

Re: Small Helpful Hints

Now is this for PS2 or Gamecube? Ithink its for the PS2, and are the hints only for the main stary line, or also the Ada wong side stary

Sephiroxas

[quote author=Arckon link=topic=5.msg17#msg17 date=1180378406]
Now is this for PS2 or Gamecube? Ithink its for the PS2, and are the hints only for the main stary line, or also the Ada wong side stary
[/quote]

Both GC and PS3 :D And there are two Ada stories (Operation Ada, and Assignment Ada) I guess I should've specified though

Sephiroxas

[quote author=Arckon link=topic=5.msg29#msg29 date=1180466096]
And what about the Merc. missions
[/quote]

No..Just the main story line. o_O

i have a few hints...take a rocket launcher when you fight the alien looking boss get him near a co2 gas tank,freeze him take out the launcher,and no matter where your at,shoot him,then he'll blow up into little tiny pieces and die...problem solved

Arckon

you hit him with a rl any way he'll die, unless the mode is past normal

Sephiroxas

[quote author=Tyrant-102 link=topic=5.msg55#msg55 date=1181044497]
i have a few hints...take a rocket launcher when you fight the alien looking boss get him near a co2 gas tank,freeze him take out the launcher,and no matter where your at,shoot him,then he'll blow up into little tiny pieces and die...problem solved
[/quote]

yeah only on normal. Like Arckon said. On pro, you can shoot him with a rocket launcher, and even 10 rounds from the hand cannon and he still doesn't die.

actually i di this on professinal mode but be warned do not attempt to do with out a lot of health items:freeze him and stand right in fron of him and shoot him with the RL, then he'll blow up, try it, it worked for me...oh and the handcannon doesnt work because you need to shoot him all the time..oh and raise every thing up for the handcannon,infinite ammo,100.oo attack power, everything,no matter if you have to sell weapons just buy all up grades or buy one of the infinite weapons...choose one and it'll work,i recomend you try one... ;)

Sephiroxas

[quote author=Tyrant-102 link=topic=5.msg72#msg72 date=1181128985]
actually i di this on professinal mode but be warned do not attempt to do with out a lot of health items:freeze him and stand right in fron of him and shoot him with the RL, then he'll blow up, try it, it worked for me...oh and the handcannon doesnt work because you need to shoot him all the time..oh and raise every thing up for the handcannon,infinite ammo,100.oo attack power, everything,no matter if you have to sell weapons just buy all up grades or buy one of the infinite weapons...choose one and it'll work,i recomend you try one... ;)
[/quote]

Well..I watched my boyfriend go up against him..and he did shoot him while he was frozen.with a normal rocket launcher...and it didn't work. so I'm not sure about this. And..What do you mean by shoot him all the time? My boyfriend was shooting him all the time...The whole time, and the hand cannon was upgraded...he ran out of health and had to retreat...and Salazar's right hand man still wasn't dead.
What were you playing on GC? Or Playstation

Sephiroxas

There might be a difference, My boyfriend was playing on GC.
But the PS2 is much harder.
*ponder* Iunno maybe he did it wrong, but he had no nitrous canisters left, and he was just..shooting him..with so much handcannon ammo..and he still did not die..

Arckon

yes I got confused, but there is a difference between the Gc Ps2 on the Gc the hand cannon is stronger on ps2 the hand cannon is like 6 points weaker

Top Bottom