• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DO YOU THINK THE RESIDENT EVIL FRANCHISE IS DYING???

Do you thing the Resident Evil franchise is slowly dying??

• Total voters

codename: HUNK

As far as I'm concerned, the series died after RE4 hit the market.

No, that's an under-statement, capcom raped it, devoured it, craped it out, and raped it again. Try not to visualize it. :(

Professor X

codename: HUNK;57186 said:
As far as I'm concerned, the series died after RE4 hit the market.

No, that's an under-statement, capcom raped it, devoured it, craped it out, and raped it again. Try not to visualize it. :(

Exactly.

Damn you, Capcom.

Zombie Enclave

Tell me HOW they destroyed it.

If it has something to do with the new style, then I don't care, because that is agonizingly the most STUPID reason to hate something.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Frohwned;57412 said:
Tell me HOW they destroyed it.

If it has something to do with the new style, then I don't care, because that is agonizingly the most STUPID reason to hate something.

Yeah, I agree :S

I think some people feel that the original RE style has sort of left the series, and that's why they feel so annoyed about it.

I personally prefer the first three games, but I also LOVE RE4 and the new direction it took - still creepy and still puzzles to solve, but new scarier angles (over the shoulder as opposed to bird's eye-ish view is more realistic) and new enemies.

They couldn't go on with zombies and Umbrella forever, it had to end sometime and they've weened it onto the Plagas thing and Tricell.

RE can STILL be scary now, if people would just give it a chance!!!

Besides, if you wanted the old RE style, why not replay the old RE games??

Zombie Enclave

Yeah.

I mean, it's not like RE5 and 4 are about killing Iraqi Insurgents or something. Now THEN there would be a reason to get annoyed.

But, has everybody forgotten about Tyrants, Hunters and Lickers? Now THOSE scared the **** out of me.

I think that the sense of adrenaline could scare you. RE 5 and 4 have more adrenaline, why? The enemies are more tough. But story....that's what makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil. It's style. All of them have it. A horror movie style.

People are just more used to it's old, B movie style. But you see, this style was delivered in such a great way, people miss it. I'm sorry for getting mad. I see it now. And I AGREE and DISAGREE. I agree on how great it was. But I disagree how people just stick to it, and not let in room for something new.

If I could change how the RE games were made, I would make it with the style of the old engine. It would be SO hard to do something with zombies, sense Raccoon City was bombed. But there would be a chance a researcher could get it, because infections go through the air, via body sickness like coughing and sneezing. And if they BOMBED it, then that would make that one area even worse. Which....OPENS A GATE TO A SIMILARLY OLD RE STYLED RE GAME!

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Yup yup :)

There's still room for a T-Virus outbreak in RE6, that could still happen. What if someone fused Plagas and T-Virus together with a Tyrant? THAT could be awesome.

I think things like Regenerators in RE4 fit in the category of Lickers and Hunters in that they're still scary and still hard to kill. And like I said, there is still the puzzle solving and item collecting in the new games as they were in the old games.

Maybe some more remakes would make the fans feel better (like REmake 2 or REmake Nemesis, perhaps)?

Torque

For me, it's only going to die when capcom stop making RE games.
Some say it has already died, but RE is still producing games, that are essentially still keeping the series alive.

Sure, the newer games may not feel like the classics, but in the end, it still is Resident Evil right?

tequila

Bottle Lover
The new and added styles of the games makes it non-montanious (may or may not spell this right). I like how RE4 the added reflexes and defenses were used, although I do miss the old format from RE 1-3. Code Veronica X still kept it's style. I mean those creatures with one arm were difficult to put down as well, esp with those poisonous hunters.

Hmmm the plagas and the t-virus combined doesnt sound to bad wolfgirl. That would've been a kick a** of what the product would be on that one. Nice one. :)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
If the fans want to play old RE style with puzzles and zombies, like I say just PLAY THE OLD RE GAMES lol but some REmakes of 2 and 3 would be great :D

I agree with tequila: the added reflexes in RE4 in the vein of the sudden options in RE3 made for a REALLY tense, edge-of-your-seat ride. See, there ARE some things in the modern games that are good :p

Hoady

Well maybe people are disappointed because it isn't scary anymore.Resident evil 4 was awesome,i loved the style more and it still had scares but RE5 killed any of the scary aspects left.If sheva wasn't in Resident Evil 5 the game would've been 10 times better imo.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I haven't played RE5 yet, only seen some clips on YouTube (I'm too poor for any of those fancy-schmancy new gen consoles, but my friend has it so I may get a go soon :p) but I heard that it killed off all scares. RE4 still had a lot of scares in it, e.g. the Regenerators and Iron Maidens (making that nasty "huuuuuhhuuueeeeehhhuuhhuuuuuuuuuh" noise) and when Ganados jump out at you that makes me have a heart attack!

I like the new aspect that RE4 had, but I hope they aren't just slowly pushing out all the scares in RE5 - I loved the mix of horror and action they had in RE4 :(

Hoady

wolfgirl;57684 said:
the Regenerators and Iron Maidens (making that nasty "huuuuuhhuuueeeeehhhuuhhuuuuuuuuuh" noise)
lmao haha.
Yeah i played RE5 and thought it was really gay for the first half but then i played it again and liked it.The best thing about it is the cutscenes and wesker,worst is sheva.Quality game but i'd rather play RE4 anyday.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Yeah, from what I've seen Sheva has an annoying voice, but I love Wesker's cutscenes in RE5 :D

(I added you on MSN by the way, I'm online now if you wanna chat)

Zombie Enclave

Well, considering how much more difficult RE5 is then other RE games, I think it's good to have a partner. That isn't worthless unless you hack the game. ( Ashley. Could be hacked to have the Basic Shotgun. )

But Wesker....well. H4x.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
LOL Ashley can't do anything right and she smells. She'd be an awful partner for Leon. Ada FTW!

PsychoJill

Nope, Capcom will always find a way to make the series new and fresh. Although Id prefer if they'd go back to makin games like Code Veronica :D

mastermind

if the games just stays kinda were it is now and doesnt deviate anymore abay from it then it might stay alive but otherwise it might lose alot of fans

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
mastermind;57808 said:
if the games just stays kinda were it is now and doesnt deviate anymore abay from it then it might stay alive but otherwise it might lose alot of fans

Yeah, I agree, if it deviates any more then a lot of the long-term fans are gonna be peeved.

Top Bottom