• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dino Crisis

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I really don't like making new topics, but I haven't seen anything out for this really awesome series here, aha. So, has anyone played the first two Dino Crisis games? The third one was sh*t, but the first two were really good and Regina is uber-awesome (which, from me is saying something 'cause I usually don't like female gaming protagonists/heroines). I would really love to see Capcom either remake the first two games into one because they're kinda short, or have a fourth game that actually... y'know, follows the main storyline, aha.

Anywho, I know it's going back a little while, but anyone else here fans?

3rd Mutation

I have, I really enjoyed the first Dino Crisis. Go Regina! I liked the second Dino Crisis as well but I rented it and I don't own it so I never got the chance to finish it. :(

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
This game is unknown to me, thanks for enlighten me. :)
Found an article on wiki. I get the impression that it's a good game, but I still have not seen a full review.
I might buy it if I find it cheap for the PS2.

ValentineFan

I had the first Dino Crisis for ps1 I remember playing it, I've probably still got it somewhere in my house. Forgotten what it was about though, but i seem to remember it being good.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm in the same boat, aha; I have my copies somewhere around here, I'd really like to find them to play them again.

This game is unknown to me, thanks for enlighten me.
Found an article on wiki. I get the impression that it's a good game, but I still have not seen a full review.
I might buy it if I find it cheap for the PS2.
You can get it for pennies on E-bay or Amazon, and I'm sure any shop that sells second-hand electronics should have a copy. It's a great game though; if you like the original RE games, you'll probably like DC as well (it's still Capcom- so the gameplay is very similar to [the earlier, especially] RE games). And Regina is a sexier, spunkier version of Jill, haha.

Zombie Enclave

Oh yeah I saw gameplay, sort of looked like a Dinosaur Resident Evil with a original storyline and characters. I saw Dino Crisis 4, it looked stupid. ( Dinosaurs in space? wtf? )

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
That was DC 3 that had dinosaurs in space. What ticked me off to no end was the fact that DC 2 ends in a major cliffhanger, and then in the third game they fast forward, what- 100 years in the future or something to that effect? They don't even address the ending at all (although, I think there was something about it in that dumbass spin-off), and Capcom hasn't touched the series in years. I know it's because the third wasn't recieved well... but come on, as you said- it was dinosaurs in space. It just seemed like an entirely different game- and they just slapped the 'Dino Crisis' title on to make it sell better. Ugh.

Hoady

Wasn't it made by capcom?I remember seeing pics ages ago for ps1 i think it was like in an old setting in the 1950s or something.

I had a demo for the 3rd one on xbox and as soon as you go through the first room you had to fight a T-rex that then gets eaten by maggots lol.Then you fight dinosaurs on like a star destroyer, flying around on a jetpack killing more dinosaurs...from the demo it seemed pretty terrible.

Zombie Enclave

La Femme Fatale;44248 said:
It just seemed like an entirely different game- and they just slapped the 'Dino Crisis' title on to make it sell better. Ugh.

That reminds me of what happened to RE after 3- the whole parasite thing. Oh yeah and does anybody know about Dino Stalker? It's like the bad RE Survivor games but with Dino Crisis stuff in it.

Hoady

Ark;44250 said:
That reminds me of what happened to RE after 3- the whole parasite thing. Oh yeah and does anybody know about Dino Stalker? It's like the bad RE Survivor games but with Dino Crisis stuff in it.

Is that ment to be like Time Crisis styles?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Captain Courageous;44249 said:
I had a demo for the 3rd one on xbox and as soon as you go through the first room you had to fight a T-rex that then gets eaten by maggots lol.Then you fight dinosaurs on like a star destroyer, flying around on a jetpack killing more dinosaurs...from the demo it seemed pretty terrible.
A modern version of Jurassic Park? I had that game for the Amiga ages ago.

Zombie Enclave

It's just a first person screen that you move around and have to stand still to shoot. It's like a really terrible FPS engine.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I thought Dino Stalker was one of the RE Survivor games... the third I think. Which, I never quite understood... I haven't ever played it though.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Ah, okay, I had thought it was RE in particular, which is why I was always confused that it was tucked in there, heh. Thanks. :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i didnt get past 15 minutes of the third one..
couldnt stand it, i did however love 2, but only ever played the demo for the first one.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Dino Crisis rocked, but meh I gotta agree with you on the third game, seriously they have overdone it, which probably caused the downfall of the series as well.

I really wish they'd continue the series, imagine Dino Crisis with the next-gen graphics, it would probably be one for my top 5 wanted games. :)

Parasite Eve, another classic PS game, was pretty awesome as well, and they're even releasing the next one(PE3) on the PSP soon. They should release another installment for Dino Crisis as well, I'd like to see that.

Zombie Enclave

Well, the only modern game that had Dino Crisis stuff in it was Namco X Capcom.

nxc.jpg

Regina is the red haired one in the upper part.

Trinity

I played it on PS 1. It's a Crystal Dynamics game right? Cause I can see some DC influence on the newer TR's . :confused:
Never liked the game though

Top Bottom