• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did Leon actually ever met Jill Valentine?

potato

That isn't really an excuse to hit on every girl. Plus, that was only in RE 2. And if anything, shouldn't he try to be more professional?

he was officially a cop for only few hours... after that he lost his job because the job left him.

it was only later he joined CIA, and i don't see CIA as the best place to horn your professionalism. those folks act like they can do anything they want.

Mark Mane McIntyre

Here's what I think since 1999-2015. Jill could have met Leon off screen
- Claire introduces Leon to Christopher
- Christopher introduces Leon to Jill,Barry, and his family.
I bet off screen when there not working every year at thanksgiving these people would meet including other people like Rebecca.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
he was officially a cop for only few hours... after that he lost his job because the job left him.

it was only later he joined CIA, and i don't see CIA as the best place to horn your professionalism. those folks act like they can do anything they want.

I get your point, but people were dying and the whole time he was too busy obsessing over Ada. You'd think he would be more focused on the fact that he has to survive, wouldn't you?

potato

I get your point, but people were dying and the whole time he was too busy obsessing over Ada. You'd think he would be more focused on the fact that he has to survive, wouldn't you?

The only point where he was obsessed with Ada was when he actually met her, most people were already dead during RE2 events, for RE4 he was pretty much focusing on the mission, only diverted his attention when Ada showed up, i mean you played the games, if he was obsessed with Ada most of the time you would have very few playing hours with Leon.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Leon hit on Helena multiple times. There was a part in the first chapter and on the plane. And some other parts in the game, but those aren't as notable.

Um, examples? Also, if you're referring to the part on the plane when Leon says "you're starting to grow on me," then I don't understand how you got the impression that he was even hitting on her.

I may not have mentioned Hunnigan, but I didn't forget. I was mainly focusing on after 4.

Well then, that should have answered your question anyway.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
In the first chapter of Leon's campaign there's a brief moment between him and Helena at the beginning of the sewer/subway segment, where he grabs her by the shoulders and they silently look into each other's eyes for a few seconds. I'm not sure if that counts as him hitting on her, though, and apart from that I didn't really get the impression that they were interested in each other romantically.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Um, examples? Also, if you're referring to the part on the plane when Leon says "you're starting to grow on me," then I don't understand how you got the impression that he was even hitting on her.

Well then, that should have answered your question anyway.

In the first chapter of Leon's campaign there's a brief moment between him and Helena at the beginning of the sewer/subway segment, where he grabs her by the shoulders and they silently look into each other's eyes for a few seconds. I'm not sure if that counts as him hitting on her, though, and apart from that I didn't really get the impression that they were interested in each other romantically.

Honestly, I wouldn't have even noticed anything if my sister didn't say anything. I didn't think anything of it at first, but I don't know, it's just something about the way he looks at her too.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Man, I disappear for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose. You guys just CAN'T survive without me ;) Let's lay down some logic!

1. Who Leon does and doesn't know.
- Chris - We can assume they have met face to face BEFORE the events of RE6 by the way the talked to each other during their infamous stand off cutscene. We can confirm they at least contacted each other by other methods since 1998 seeing as it was Leon who told Chris how to get to Claire at Rockfort.

- Claire - He knows Claire, but doesn't keep in contact much due to their incredibly busy schedules. That said, they have a bond between them that is unlike many others in the RE universe. (Also, when Claire said she had "Boyfriend" in Degeneration, she was jokingly calling her new job her boyfriend seeing as she's working so much. She didn't ACTUALLY have a boyfriend, that we know of at least)

- Barry - Works for the BSAA and is very close to both Chris and Jill, so it's likely he has at the LEAST heard of Leon. On top of that, the BSAA clearly gets the reports from other agencies that deal with Bio-Terrorism, such as when Chris states that he read the "Kennedy Report" in RE5. So even if Barry has never met Leon, as a BSAA Advisor (Which is Barry's job), he has most likely read Leon's reports.

- Jill - Finally, the main event. Yes, I believe Jill knows Leon. Again, She is very close to Chris, and also, seeing as (During RE5) they have the same job title, and Chris had clearance to read the Kennedy Report, one would assume she does too, and would at least KNOW who he is, and have a good idea of the type of agent he is.

2. Raccoon City
- Someone earlier said that Raccoon City was a relatively small town. I call Bullsh*t. We've seen Raccoon City. Small towns don't have sky scrapers. On top of that, the game states Raccoon City has over 100,000 residents. I live in a City VERY comparable to Raccoon City (In fact there are theories out there suggesting the city I live in is what Raccoon City is BASED off of), Springfield, MO. We have 164,000 residents, and this is NO small town. It's the third largest city in the state. It's no New York or Chicago, but it's DEFINITELY a fair sized city.

3. Leon's Professionalism
-
There are very few times where Leon is unprofessional with ANYONE other than Ada. Yes, I'll give you at the very end of RE4 when he hits on Hunnigan, however, when you've just endured what HE did, isn't a half-hearted flirt kind of deserved lol. Other than that, he at no point hits on Helena in a sexual manner. He is just being a casual human being. He NEVER was unprofessional with Angela. In fact, one of the reasons his character is SO off in Degeneration is BECAUSE of his professionalism. It's not just him going solo, so he can't be his jokey, reckless self. He has to be calm, cool, collected, and unfunny. He is very stern that whole movie, and only lowers his guard at the very end, to say that he and Angela should see each other again. At that point he's off the clock, mission is over, and he's allowed to do so. And before someone says "But he kisses her underwater," he is trying to give her breath when underwater. It's something that Marines do. Final piece of evidence, Ashley CLEARLY states she wants some Leon Lovin' and he turns her down. Hows that for professional lol. So really, it's ONLY with Ada, and the Sexual tension between those two is very well placed. On a side note, he doesn't hit on Claire at all in RE2 either, even though she's supposed to be rather fine looking form the way the game makes her out to be...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Man, I disappear for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose. You guys just CAN'T survive without me ;) Let's lay down some logic!

1. Who Leon does and doesn't know.
- Chris - We can assume they have met face to face BEFORE the events of RE6 by the way the talked to each other during their infamous stand off cutscene. We can confirm they at least contacted each other by other methods since 1998 seeing as it was Leon who told Chris how to get to Claire at Rockfort.

- Claire - He knows Claire, but doesn't keep in contact much due to their incredibly busy schedules. That said, they have a bond between them that is unlike many others in the RE universe. (Also, when Claire said she had "Boyfriend" in Degeneration, she was jokingly calling her new job her boyfriend seeing as she's working so much. She didn't ACTUALLY have a boyfriend, that we know of at least)

- Barry - Works for the BSAA and is very close to both Chris and Jill, so it's likely he has at the LEAST heard of Leon. On top of that, the BSAA clearly gets the reports from other agencies that deal with Bio-Terrorism, such as when Chris states that he read the "Kennedy Report" in RE5. So even if Barry has never met Leon, as a BSAA Advisor (Which is Barry's job), he has most likely read Leon's reports.

- Jill - Finally, the main event. Yes, I believe Jill knows Leon. Again, She is very close to Chris, and also, seeing as (During RE5) they have the same job title, and Chris had clearance to read the Kennedy Report, one would assume she does too, and would at least KNOW who he is, and have a good idea of the type of agent he is.

2. Raccoon City
- Someone earlier said that Raccoon City was a relatively small town. I call Bullsh*t. We've seen Raccoon City. Small towns don't have sky scrapers. On top of that, the game states Raccoon City has over 100,000 residents. I live in a City VERY comparable to Raccoon City (In fact there are theories out there suggesting the city I live in is what Raccoon City is BASED off of), Springfield, MO. We have 164,000 residents, and this is NO small town. It's the third largest city in the state. It's no New York or Chicago, but it's DEFINITELY a fair sized city.

3. Leon's Professionalism
-
There are very few times where Leon is unprofessional with ANYONE other than Ada. Yes, I'll give you at the very end of RE4 when he hits on Hunnigan, however, when you've just endured what HE did, isn't a half-hearted flirt kind of deserved lol. Other than that, he at no point hits on Helena in a sexual manner. He is just being a casual human being. He NEVER was unprofessional with Angela. In fact, one of the reasons his character is SO off in Degeneration is BECAUSE of his professionalism. It's not just him going solo, so he can't be his jokey, reckless self. He has to be calm, cool, collected, and unfunny. He is very stern that whole movie, and only lowers his guard at the very end, to say that he and Angela should see each other again. At that point he's off the clock, mission is over, and he's allowed to do so. And before someone says "But he kisses her underwater," he is trying to give her breath when underwater. It's something that Marines do. Final piece of evidence, Ashley CLEARLY states she wants some Leon Lovin' and he turns her down. Hows that for professional lol. So really, it's ONLY with Ada, and the Sexual tension between those two is very well placed. On a side note, he doesn't hit on Claire at all in RE2 either, even though she's supposed to be rather fine looking form the way the game makes her out to be...

Yes, Raccoon City is partially based off of Springfield.

To me, Leon was hitting on Helena. That's just what I think.
I just don't think Leon is professional at all. He gets completely sidetracked by Ada in almost everything. Again, just my opinion.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yes, Raccoon City is partially based off of Springfield.

To me, Leon was hitting on Helena. That's just what I think.
I just don't think Leon is professional at all. He gets completely sidetracked by Ada in almost everything. Again, just my opinion.
But he wasn't hitting on Helena. I mean, post videos of when he did it, then I'll conform to a different way of thinking, but I've played RE6 enough to have remembered if he was...unlike most here, I actually really like RE6. He may not have been 100% business with her, but just because a guy is casual with a woman does NOT automatically mean he's hitting on her. And I admitted that when it comes to Ada he's not professional, but it's CLEARLY gotten her to like him as well, seeing as she saves him so often, and she's clearly not professional about her feelings for him either, yet no one here is jumping on her case...

ToCool74

Veteran Member

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this, I honestly can not remember him hitting on Helena.

And what of Manuela?

Did he ever hit on her?

I think the statement of Leon "hitting on every girl he meets" is a exaggeration if you ask me.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
But he wasn't hitting on Helena. I mean, post videos of when he did it, then I'll conform to a different way of thinking, but I've played RE6 enough to have remembered if he was...unlike most here, I actually really like RE6. He may not have been 100% business with her, but just because a guy is casual with a woman does NOT automatically mean he's hitting on her. And I admitted that when it comes to Ada he's not professional, but it's CLEARLY gotten her to like him as well, seeing as she saves him so often, and she's clearly not professional about her feelings for him either, yet no one here is jumping on her case...

There were a few times in the game that he wasn't just casual to me.
Leon lets his feelings for Ada get in the way of everything, though. Ada's always still professional. I'm not saying you can't have emotions to be professional, but Leon just focuses on Ada the whole time.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There were a few times in the game that he wasn't just casual to me.
Leon lets his feelings for Ada get in the way of everything, though. Ada's always still professional. I'm not saying you can't have emotions to be professional, but Leon just focuses on Ada the whole time.
He's not always focusing on Ada. He's focusing on SURVIVING. The only time he really fixates on Ada is when A. She's actually around him. Or B. Other characters ask about her like Claire and Ashley did. When Ada isn't in the cutscenes or around him, he is always focused on the task at hand. Give the guy more credit. Notice, I'm not saying he's as professional as Chris, but you make it sound like he's some horndog that does nothing other than ring his hands over Ada during all his screen time, and every time we see him...

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Like when?

I'm not saying he hasn't flirted with Helena... I've only played the game once and didn't notice him act unprofessional with anyone else apart from Ada. So I'd like to judge for myself.

Wow a lot of people are getting mad at me about it. xD
In chapter one, for example, Leon just stands there and holds Helena, staring into her eyes. Am I the only one who noticed that?

He's not always focusing on Ada. He's focusing on SURVIVING. The only time he really fixates on Ada is when A. She's actually around him. Or B. Other characters ask about her like Claire and Ashley did. When Ada isn't in the cutscenes or around him, he is always focused on the task at hand. Give the guy more credit. Notice, I'm not saying he's as professional as Chris, but you make it sound like he's some horndog that does nothing other than ring his hands over Ada during all his screen time, and every time we see him...

In RE 4, whenever Leon was confronting Salazar he was making all kinds of jokes. Not professional to me. In every single thing we see him in, he's obsessing over someone. In Darkside Chronicles, he wanted to go after the spy who had tons of training, multiple guns, and all kinds of gadgets to save instead of the twelve year old girl who was almost completely defenseless and alone, being chased by a huge monster. He only went to look for Sherry because Claire convinced him.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Wow a lot of people are getting mad at me about it. xD
In chapter one, for example, Leon just stands there and holds Helena, staring into her eyes. Am I the only one who noticed that?

In RE 4, whenever Leon was confronting Salazar he was making all kinds of jokes. Not professional to me. In every single thing we see him in, he's obsessing over someone. In Darkside Chronicles, he wanted to go after the spy who had tons of training, multiple guns, and all kinds of gadgets to save instead of the twelve year old girl who was almost completely defenseless and alone, being chased by a huge monster. He only went to look for Sherry because Claire convinced him.

He holds her because they have been through hell together and he doesn't want to lose his partner. No different than how Chris would treat Jill...

As far as his joking, since when is making jokes unprofessional? WHat are you supposed to DO to keep sain in an environment such as that. I'm a supervisor with a team of 25 people and I make jokes ALL the time. Not to mention when he is being all jokey it's when he's alone and not putting ANYOES life at risk. Notice his change in demeanor when he has lives to protect in Degeneration. As far as chasing the spy and Darkside Chronicles, take that game with a grain of salt. That's Not ACTUALLY how RE2 plays out. And even if it did, they had NO idea she was a spy. She was just a normal girl with a handgun looking for her boyfriend. On top of that, she shows none of her spy training for quite a while in RE2. Use the main cannon sources before other less than main games...

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Oh honey, I'm not even remotely mad. I just don't remember the game very well so I'd like to look up some examples. :)

Pretty much this^^^

No one is mad at you simply because we are asking you to back up your claims with actual proof.

And the examples you did list about his flirting seems to be grasping at straws if you ask me, it did not seem like he was hitting on her to me.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
He holds her because they have been through hell together and he doesn't want to lose his partner. No different than how Chris would treat Jill...

As far as his joking, since when is making jokes unprofessional? WHat are you supposed to DO to keep sain in an environment such as that. I'm a supervisor with a team of 25 people and I make jokes ALL the time. Not to mention when he is being all jokey it's when he's alone and not putting ANYOES life at risk. Notice his change in demeanor when he has lives to protect in Degeneration. As far as chasing the spy and Darkside Chronicles, take that game with a grain of salt. That's Not ACTUALLY how RE2 plays out. And even if it did, they had NO idea she was a spy. She was just a normal girl with a handgun looking for her boyfriend. On top of that, she shows none of her spy training for quite a while in RE2. Use the main cannon sources before other less than main games...

I consider Darkside Chronicles to be canon. No need to get mad at me...

I know I keep complaining people are getting mad at me, but they kind of are. I have really bad social anxiety so I always assume if you're even just a little harsh that you hate me...

Top Bottom