• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did Leon actually ever met Jill Valentine?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I know I keep complaining people are getting mad at me, but they kind of are.
I apologize that you are having a difficult time reading social cues here - it is more difficult online than in person when you can at the very least read their body language. But trust me - no one here is getting mad at you. If anything, you continuously commenting on people being mad is going to make people mad.

There's plenty of spirited discussions here. You shouldn't mistake passion or enthusiasm for anger. If you need folks to clarify, I'm sure they'd be happy to do so.

Just back up your claims with evidence and everyone will be just peachy.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I consider Darkside Chronicles to be canon. No need to get mad at me...

I know I keep complaining people are getting mad at me, but they kind of are. I have really bad social anxiety so I always assume if you're even just a little harsh that you hate me...
Femme is right, no one here is mad. Spirited debates are what Forum Sites are all about...That said, The only TRUE cannon parts of Darkside Chronicles are the Operation Javier parts. Other than that, the rest if retelling from memory for simplicity and gameplay's sake. The main numbered games are the ones to be considered Cannon, and when it comes to the Chronicles series, the only parts to be taken as true cannon are Operation Javier and the 2003 mission to the Umbrella Headquarters, as well as the one player levels in Umbrella Chronicles. It really doesn't matter what "You Consider," because you're not Capcom and they make that call lol.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I apologize that you are having a difficult time reading social cues here - it is more difficult online than in person when you can at the very least read their body language. But trust me - no one here is getting mad at you. If anything, you continuously commenting on people being mad is going to make people mad.

There's plenty of spirited discussions here. You shouldn't mistake passion or enthusiasm for anger. If you need folks to clarify, I'm sure they'd be happy to do so.

Just back up your claims with evidence and everyone will be just peachy.

Yeah I'm known to get people mad by saying they're mad at me. My best friend almost didn't want to be my friend anymore. She didn't talk to me for two weeks, and she only decided to keep being my friend the day before my birthday. Then it happened the day she was moving across the country... I have problems. xD

Femme is right, no one here is mad. Spirited debates are what Forum Sites are all about...That said, The only TRUE cannon parts of Darkside Chronicles are the Operation Javier parts. Other than that, the rest if retelling from memory for simplicity and gameplay's sake. The main numbered games are the ones to be considered Cannon, and when it comes to the Chronicles series, the only parts to be taken as true cannon are Operation Javier and the 2003 mission to the Umbrella Headquarters, as well as the one player levels in Umbrella Chronicles. It really doesn't matter what "You Consider," because you're not Capcom and they make that call lol.

To me, canon is what the player decides. To Capcom it might not be, but to me, if I have to play through it to get to the canon part, it's canon. But you're right, to most people it isn't canon, and if the maker of the games says it's not then it shouldn't be, but in my mind it's kind of a remake, but it's what the characters in game think happened.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
To me, canon is what the player decides. To Capcom it might not be, but to me, if I have to play through it to get to the canon part, it's canon. But you're right, to most people it isn't canon, and if the maker of the games says it's not then it shouldn't be, but in my mind it's kind of a remake, but it's what the characters in game think happened.
But that's not what Canon is...that's like saying "to me the sky is yellow, to most people it's blue, but not to me." You're wrong about the sky being yellow. Canon has its definition and meaning for a reason. You can't just change that because you don't agree with it...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
But that's not what Canon is...that's like saying "to me the sky is yellow, to most people it's blue, but not to me." You're wrong about the sky being yellow. Canon has its definition and meaning for a reason. You can't just change that because you don't agree with it...

I get what you're saying, but I'm not the only person who considers DC and UC canon. It isn't that the scenarios are completely canon, it's what the characters being told are thinking or whatever. Krauser can't picture things exactly as they happened, same with Wesker. It's like when you're reading and there's a movie in your head and you imagine what the characters look like. They're not gonna look the same as how the author imagined, but to an extent it's canon.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I get what you're saying, but I'm not the only person who considers DC and UC canon. It isn't that the scenarios are completely canon, it's what the characters being told are thinking or whatever. Krauser can't picture things exactly as they happened, same with Wesker. It's like when you're reading and there's a movie in your head and you imagine what the characters look like. They're not gonna look the same as how the author imagined, but to an extent it's canon.
But you ALWAYS have to consider source material. PARTS of UC and DC are cannon, but the numbered entries are not. That's just fact. And at the end of the day, arguing about whether ONE small event you pointed out is canon, still does build a near strong enough case against Leon as you were trying to do earlier...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
But you ALWAYS have to consider source material. PARTS of UC and DC are cannon, but the numbered entries are not. That's just fact. And at the end of the day, arguing about whether ONE small event you pointed out is canon, still does build a near strong enough case against Leon as you were trying to do earlier...

It's not like they changed Leon's personality at all. It's still him, if you consider it canon or not.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's not like they changed Leon's personality at all. It's still him, if you consider it canon or not.
But it's not still him. Non-Cannon means it didn't happen. Period. That's like saying everything Leon does in Operation Raccoon City is still Leon. Yes, it's Leon because the character exists, but it NEVER happened, therefore it cannot be used as the basis of an argument. You're just grasping for straws as to why you think Leon is an unprofessional womanizer...If you wanna see that so much go read/watch Iron Man.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
If this all stemmed from the flirty leon thing.
The only time I recall it was the end of re4 with Hunnigan. I think it's implied he may respond to Angeles offer at the end of degeneration. And the obvious ada on/off thing which is the true relationship.
There was a moment where he caught Helena and they both had that moment but you have to remember that at this moment he distrusted her and was beginning to get annoyed with her delayed info.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
But it's not still him. Non-Cannon means it didn't happen. Period. That's like saying everything Leon does in Operation Raccoon City is still Leon. Yes, it's Leon because the character exists, but it NEVER happened, therefore it cannot be used as the basis of an argument. You're just grasping for straws as to why you think Leon is an unprofessional womanizer...If you wanna see that so much go read/watch Iron Man.

One person in Capcom said most of the things that happened in Memories of a Lost City were true, just not exactly how they happened in the original game, but could be canon if you want it to be. It doesn't contradict 2 really like ORC does, and it did happen, just what Krauser was imagining of it, and usually people say it's non-canon because it didn't happen even though that was what Krauser was really thinking. I'm not grasping for straws, it is Leon if it doesn't contradict too much. People even say the original RE 1 isn't canon anymore (including Capcom) which makes absolutely no sense at all since it was the first game. The remake didn't contradict anything, just added. People have different views of canon. Technically, an alternate universe is canon in games, if it contradicts future games, that's where the alternate universe ends.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
The first resident evil takes some interpreting to get how the story actually goes.
I think the best representation that actually makes sense is this
Resident Evil REmake [Game Movie] {HD}:
You line up the bit's that match and make sense from that game that tells the story to get a canon story.

Characters recalling memory differently from an event which has already been explained can be considered non canon.

Characters revealing memories on their own backstory which hasn't been explained before can be considered canon though.
Such as adas escape from raccoon city

Operation raccoon city is absolutely false though. That game is designed as a "what if"

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The first resident evil takes some interpreting to get how the story actually goes.
I think the best representation that actually makes sense is this
Resident Evil REmake [Game Movie] {HD}:
You line up the bit's that match and make sense from that game that tells the story to get a canon story.

Characters recalling memory differently from an event which has already been explained can be considered non canon.

Characters revealing memories on their own backstory which hasn't been explained before can be considered canon though.
Such as adas escape from raccoon city

Operation raccoon city is absolutely false though. That game is designed as a "what if"

It's not really Leon remembering incorrectly, it's more like Krauser interpreting it, right?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's not really Leon remembering incorrectly, it's more like Krauser interpreting it, right?
Well, it's both. Leon is the one explaining everything. The reason it's called "Memories of a Lost City" is because it's LEON'S memories...

As for RE1 vs. REmake making no sense, it makes PERFECT sense. The game is HEAVILY different. Just because it's the first game in the series doesn't make it canon if LATER games contradict it. Hence the reason they made the REmake. To better fit the story.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Well, it's both. Leon is the one explaining everything. The reason it's called "Memories of a Lost City" is because it's LEON'S memories...

As for RE1 vs. REmake making no sense, it makes PERFECT sense. The game is HEAVILY different. Just because it's the first game in the series doesn't make it canon if LATER games contradict it. Hence the reason they made the REmake. To better fit the story.

And to improve the graphics, atmosphere, gameplay, etc., and add Crimsonheads and Lisa Trevor.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

Leon isn't completely describing everything, It's call Memories of a Lost City because it's a partial flashback, it's mostly what Krauser thinks.
Having the original non-canon still makes no sense. The original and remake are both canon.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Leon isn't completely describing everything, It's call Memories of a Lost City because it's a partial flashback, it's mostly what Krauser thinks.
Having the original non-canon still makes no sense. The original and remake are both canon.
It's not what Krauser thinks...The only part that is what he thinks is the level where you literally hear his thoughts. The rest is LEON'S flashback. He is EXPLAINING the story to Krauser (Except for Operation Javier, because that's happening in the moment). And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Point is, no matter WHAT, RE2 takes precedence over RE: DC.

As for REmake and RE1 both being canon. They're not. You're wrong. There is no way around that. RE1 is not canon. Capcom has officially stated as such. It's not canon. Accept it.

Please do some REsearch (Get it), into RE before you comment back again, because this isn't my opinion I'm posting. This is fact.

Last edited:
Top Bottom