• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom will open a can of racism on your ass.

Zombie Enclave

Captain_Dechant.jpg

Here.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Gracias.:)

Now I can put a face with a name.:) That isn't the guy that gets killed of by the El Gigante is it?

Hoady

strikesback5;39390 said:
African Australian

I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist.I've never seen an Aussie in a zombie game or movie this sucks they should've made a blatent bogan in RE that just kicks ass he wears a flano,torn jeans and constantly has a beer in his utility belt.

LSK_frenzy

As far as I can tell, RE5 would be racist if it DIDN'T have Africans in it. I mean, it's set in Africa for god's sakes. I love how people keep bringing this up.

I also love how nobody cares if it's a game about killing a bunch of white people, but as soon as it's a black guy, they're all like WTF? RACIST!!! The only racists here are the ones that keep making a huge deal about whether RE and Capcom are racist.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I hate how Capcom actually had to put in caucasian majini characters...like the one that grabs the blonde girl in the red dress, they changed him from black to white...

NiteKrawler

How is it up in the air whether or not Sheva dies? She doesn't... Anyway, I never heard any Spaniards complain about RE4 being racist. If you kill black people in the game, it is racist. If you exempt black people from the game, it is racist. I think the human race needs to get over it.

Hoady

NiteKrawler;40075 said:
How is it up in the air whether or not Sheva dies? She doesn't... Anyway, I never heard any Spaniards complain about RE4 being racist. If you kill black people in the game, it is racist. If you exempt black people from the game, it is racist. I think the human race needs to get over it.

People are just idiots and need to grow up, i don't think it even occurred to the spanish that it was racist they just freakin played the game.If i saw an african in RE4 you'd think "WTF" and people know that africa is where resident evil has ties too, you wouldn't expect capcom to go"Well i think consumers are sick of killing whites and we just did spanish.Hey do you know what would be a good idea?Set the whole game in africa for the sole purpose of all the enemies being black that will be a nice change"

No one cares when a white dude is killed it doesn't even occur in anyones minds thats its racist, everyone just plays but when a black man is killed people from every race claims its not right.I can say alot of it is media blowout they say the word and ignite everyone to think.We are not going to get out of this cycle if people keep thinking like this.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
NiteKrawler;40075 said:
A-flippin'-men. It's really a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You can't win anymore.

3rd Mutation

Think about it this way, let's say your black and you're trapped somewhere in Africa with loads of mutants(Mostly black) and you meet a white guy/gal. You two will have to work together and I'd bet you won't give a rat's ass what race the zombie is your friend keeps saving you from.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@Hoady, I think that is a great way to put it, Capcom didn't set the game in Africa simply so that we could kill blacks, it was the exact oppossite really.:)

Kind of weird that we still make posts in topics like this, and it 'should' be over, since RE5 is out, but I know that one reason I come to threads like this one is because of one good reason, that Capcom made alterations to the game simply to cater to those who were complaining, so that permenant annoyance is even more annoying than the people who started in the fist place....

Zombie Enclave

This was created a week ago. Which is why you are correct.

If only we cared about stuff that is really racist, like KKK.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ark;40260 said:
This was created a week ago. Which is why you are correct.

If only we cared about stuff that is really racist, like KKK.

Yeah, but I don't think KKK is such a bit issue now a days.;)

Say Ark, didn't you have a pic of that infomercial guy who did the ShamWow?:)

Zombie Enclave

Got rid of it for Lulz.

But you now, I do remember black people saying ******, but when a white person says it, "OMFGWTF" and somebody goes insane.

Zombie Enclave

Yeah, Wesker is dead so, WHO GIVES A FUCCKKKK ABOUT HIM. Just kidding. Frank is beyond bad ass, and Raiden just made the whole Gray Fox idea advance in technology. I personally prefer Big Boss out of all of them. Though Old Snake was pretty awesome for being old and all, and being very close to death.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ark;40275 said:
Yeah, Wesker is dead so, WHO GIVES A FUCCKKKK ABOUT HIM. Just kidding. Frank is beyond bad ass, and Raiden just made the whole Gray Fox idea advance in technology. I personally prefer Big Boss out of all of them. Though Old Snake was pretty awesome for being old and all, and being very close to death.

Yeah, we all love a little Deepthroat.:)

"The informant from the Watergate Scandal?", "Nevermind about that".:)

Levan

Polkka. lol
The creator of the franchise is Japanese right? So when he(she?) made the story where he/she decides to cause a viral outbreak in an American city instead of a city of his/her own country, nobody called it racist, right?

I don't really get why there's a fuss about it.

Chris and Sheva are just doing self-defense against their enemies. They can't just stand around and keep telling them "Freeze or I'll shoot" or etc until they get killed, right? Plus the ones they're killing can't be even considered humans anymore.

Top Bottom