• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are the movies canon?

Are the movies canon?

• Total voters

Zombie Enclave

No, only Degeneration is. All the rest (Extinction, Apocalypse and the first one) Are all non-canonical and have their own story line.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
No, as Ark have said- the only movie that is canon is Degeneration as it occurs between RE 4 and 5. The other ones stand on their own.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Lol Okay I didnt even know what canon meant...
I presume you mean CGI effects lol

you americans.... some of you are so different to us brits.

Zombie Enclave

It's actually a term used to say a game/book/movie follows the storyline of said franchise. The movies (Besides Degeneration) are not canon, which means it has nothing to do with the story of the Resident Evil franchise.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
ohh!!
I didnt realise lol... :/

oh well, dont even matter anyway. but cool thanks for telling me lol

mastermind

well if you wanna make the first two movies canon you might be able to making apocalypes the third game and the first one the first game. though the first movie has no relations to the game other than the company name of umbrella

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I voted yes, because they are canon, in the RE movie universe. RE games have a completely different canon, and same for the novels, the three just don't share a canon.:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ark;40269 said:
I think he was saying "Are they official to the game storyline?"

Yeah I know, but I just figured since it was pretty vague that I would point that out.:)

NiteKrawler

Spike, you're a smartass. :D I voted no, because they are abominations. Spike knows how I feel about them. This really shouldn't even have been a poll lol. It's fact that they aren't, except for Degeneration.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;40319 said:
Spike, you're a smartass. :D I voted no, because they are abominations. Spike knows how I feel about them. This really shouldn't even have been a poll lol. It's fact that they aren't, except for Degeneration.

I know how much you love Paul 'W.S.' Anderson.:) j/k.:)

As great as Degeneration was, for being canon, and having good voice actors, it still had alot of stuff in it that was questionable, which goes with the idea that RE is such a unique game expierience that it can't be duplicated in a movie....

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Usually, I consider 'canon' to be whatever events occur in the context of the original medium. In other words- 'Resident Evil' is first and foremost the games, lol. But that was a good point Spike, aha. Very clever. :p

Trinity

Spike991;40256 said:
I voted yes, because they are canon, in the RE movie universe. RE games have a completely different canon, and same for the novels, the three just don't share a canon.:)

Well the 5 Perry novels follow the game to the details... ;) so,comparing to the abominations (movies) they are canon (with the games)

Top Bottom