• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Anybody hate steve burnside..

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well then, if you want to make the thread you can do so...if not I wouldn't mind making it, either way I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

galactus

I wouldnt mind doing it but after thinking about it a bit more I think it might be better if I let you do it as you have been on this site longer than I have (im still a bit a of a newbie) so I think it might be better coming from you because of that I think some of the other members might pay more attention and take you more seriously than me

so if its ok with you its all yours:)

please let me know what you think

N3M3S1S1294

Spike991;82254 said:
I don't think the style has changed that much. In fact, I know it hasn't. I love RE1, and I love RE4. RE4 wasn't an action/adventure game, it was survival horror, with a few action elements, like a new dodging system, much like the one in RE3(one of the so-called, Originals), and many elements throughout the entire series, it's not some new thing that Capcom just pulled out of thin air.

RE5 did use more action game elements than I would have liked. Not the entire game was like that, but it had it's poor moments for sure.

You said you played RE1 when you were four? At that age, of course you were more impressionable, and RE1, at that time, would leave much greater memeories than playing RE4, or anything else nowadays could ever leave you with. And judging every RE game by those standards, nothing will ever compare.

As for CVX, I can't believe my eyes...you didn't like the story? CVX is probably the only story I might find better than the first game....Added stuff with the Ashfords, Claire & Steve's romantic interest, the rivalry with Chris and Wesker...it has everything.:)

About re1 leaving a bigger impression that was because re1 was an amazing game with an even more amazing story. RE4 turned leon into an emo and ada into well a ****y B****. Of course this is my opinion.

CVX was just terrible. i fell asleep playing that game because it was so dull. The most exciting thing was finding that Alfred was being both himself and his sister.

The style has changed tremendously. It went from zombies and creatures to crazed villagers with weapons. Capcom changed the eerie sound effects and scary moments to cheap thrills that they achieved by moving the camera quickly. Capcoms hit their downfall with the RE series.

galactus

Well said N3M3S1S1294 :clap :clap: I agree bring back the old games we say or at least the old characters without changing them into something that we dont even recognise like chris and jill in RE 5 (like WTF:blink:) and capcom should never have blown Racoon city up at the end of RE 3 the RE games were never the same after that moment (doh! why capcom why?) probabely never will be so maybe they should scrap new RE games like RE 6 etc and remake the old ones and put more unlockables in them etc like being able to play as the monsters for one example:) could probabely make a fighting game like that as well if they wanted to

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
N3M3S1S1294;82460 said:
About re1 leaving a bigger impression that was because re1 was an amazing game with an even more amazing story. RE4 turned leon into an emo and ada into well a ****y B****. Of course this is my opinion.

CVX was just terrible. i fell asleep playing that game because it was so dull. The most exciting thing was finding that Alfred was being both himself and his sister.

The style has changed tremendously. It went from zombies and creatures to crazed villagers with weapons. Capcom changed the eerie sound effects and scary moments to cheap thrills that they achieved by moving the camera quickly. Capcoms hit their downfall with the RE series.

Well, I'm afraid I'm a little less impressed Galactus.

Easy one first, CVX, your not liking it may just be opinion...can't say, but CVX had a terrific story, and was no more dull than RE1...Chris & Wesker's interactions were probably the most exciting thing in CVX.

You played RE1 when you were younger, RE4 more recently, that's the reason it has left a better, if not more prominent impression. RE1 was great, at it's time, and at your age, RE4 is great for it's time and now. Both are great, and they aren't as different as one might make them out to be.

If it's your opinion that Leon turned into some guy who cuts himself...I'd say your opinion was wrong. Leon was far from emo, he was sarcastic, a smartass, cool, experienced...a perfect development from RE2.

The style hasn't changed much at all. You are generalizing a more complex story element. It went from T-virus infectees, to Las Plagas infectees. The Ganados & Majini are playing classic archetypes set up by the earliest zombies. The older zombie films didn't have cannabilistic being, it had some leader controlling "zombies" and giving them orders. It's almost exactly like what we get with Las Plagas...

RE4 isn't the first time we have had a parasite, as RE3 introduced Nemesis, which was a Tyrant with the Nemesis Parasite in it. He used weapons and could speak. Not much of a stretch to see humans with parasite, speaking & using weapons. Tyrant/Parasite vs Human/Parasite, not too big of a difference.

What cheap thrills are you talking about? In RE4, there were tons of little scares, just like in RE1, RE2 & RE3. Perhaps you are dissolussioned with not likeing change(which isn't as much as you are thinking) that you missed out on the good stuff in RE4. As I said before, highlighting the good in RE1 and the bad in RE4. Shame really, as there were some great moments to be had.

@Galacus...it seems you would rather Capcom stop RE's future storyline possibilities and just stick in Wonderland, or rather, Raccoon City for ever...that is pretty unrealistic. Raccoon has been gone since 1998, and 1999 as that was when RE3 came out. I think we should all get over that...everybody has, Spencer, Curtis Miller, me, everyone, get with the program.:)

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
@Spike991
I played RE 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order and all within a month of each other and RE4 was my least favorite. I know what you mean when you say RE4 is not that different from the others. Its not as different as some people say it is but it is different enough. It basically replaces all the detective work and inventory and ammo management with action. There is a bit of exploration but it is still very linear.

I didn't mind the change to Plagas infectees as much as some people because just like with the viruses, its still a biohazardous situation. But I didn't like how the game never explains where most of the creatures came from or how the Plagas parasite can cause such drastic mutations. I liked the story in RE5 much better because it added Tricell and bioterrorism into the plot.

galactus

Spike991;82512 said:
@Galacus...it seems you would rather Capcom stop RE's future storyline possibilities and just stick in Wonderland, or rather, Raccoon City for ever...that is pretty unrealistic. Raccoon has been gone since 1998, and 1999 as that was when RE3 came out. I think we should all get over that...everybody has, Spencer, Curtis Miller, me, everyone, get with the program.:)

Its not that we want to stop the future RE games like RE 6 etc its just the fact that the games just arent the same anymore ever since Racoon city got blown up and they probabely never will be (sadly:() although I did think that RE code veronica was a good atempt (I loved weskers cut scenes in CVX, nosferatu and some of the other characters was good as well:)) but its not as though its just that they are also messing around with the characters themselves a lot as well which bothers me like chris and jill in RE 5 for example I dont even recognise either of them like WTF come on capcom stop messing around with them for crying out load (they dont have to do that) capcom will probabely still make loads of new RE games with lots of changes whether we like it or not anyway though so I guess it doesnt matter really:(

but personally since Racoon city has been destroyed (your right Spike Racoon City will always be Resident Evil's home to me) I would be happy if capcom just remade RE 2, RE 3 and put them on playstation 3 (or 4 whichever is the latest ps console at the time) plus give us the the RE remake that was on the Gamecube as well:) (as I said earlier we the fans put capcom where they are today especially Playstation owners so in my opinion we deserve it for that) and I would be over the moon if they put extra unlockables in them as well like being able to pay as the monsters as it is something I always wanted to do:) (they did this in dino crisis 2 after beating the game and getting so many points you could play as the dinosaurs including a T-rex plus all the human characters as well so the way I see it why not do this in a RE game:))

also about remaking RE 2 and 3 they have already kind of done it as well as RE 0 and the original RE in umbrella and darkside chronicles so it shouldnt be to hard for them to do if they just use them character models etc:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;82613 said:
@Spike991
I played RE 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order and all within a month of each other and RE4 was my least favorite. I know what you mean when you say RE4 is not that different from the others. Its not as different as some people say it is but it is different enough. It basically replaces all the detective work and inventory and ammo management with action. There is a bit of exploration but it is still very linear.

I didn't mind the change to Plagas infectees as much as some people because just like with the viruses, its still a biohazardous situation. But I didn't like how the game never explains where most of the creatures came from or how the Plagas parasite can cause such drastic mutations. I liked the story in RE5 much better because it added Tricell and bioterrorism into the plot.

You said that you played RE1 when you were much younger didn't you, like 4 years old, you were a huge fan since then, isn't that what you said? Well RE4 surely wasn't around back then, and RE2 & RE3 weren't released until years later.

RE4 is different. RE3 is different too. RE3 introduced all kinds of new features, including a primitive dodge system, perhaps this led to the sequences we see in RE4. There were tons of other new things added in with RE3 too, as well as CVX, as CVX was the first & only RE game to have duel wielding, and it also had introduced the sniper rifle, which went to first person view.

The way you are put into the situation in RE4, trying to figure out what's going on, definate detective work there. And the entire village area is pretty much accesible at any time, for back tracking and all. This of course was not there in RE5.

RE4 still puts you in situations where you have a lack of ammo. You have tons more enemies to fight, therefore you need a bit more ammo. Enemies drop ammo, which I never really liked, but more enemies requires a bit more. Not that I ever had so much ammo I didn't know what to do with it, as there were always situations where I was in need.

To say there is no exploration or item management??? It wasn't simply having 8 or 9(or if you are Chris in RE1, 6)spaces, it was a box, that you fit all your stuff in. Managing space in there was even more realistic, and better in some ways.

The parasite & viruses, nothing different at all. That was something that caused a lot of people to get all upset at first, but most people have got a good enough mind to realize that they aren't that different, and that RE isn't just a "zombie game".

As for the creatures, like the El Gigante or Del Lago, they didn't have files prior to, talking about them, like Plant 42 had, but then again, not every creature in RE had a file explaining their backstory either.

RE5 really did go back and explain a lot of the stuff about Las Plagas, which was nice, as well as the Type 2 & Type 3 stuff. Otherwise, I think you just need a little more time to warm up to RE4, more time to just compare, and contrast, and see that it is just another part of the series.

@Galactus, you didn't recognize Chris & Jill? Well Chris buffed up a little, and Jill's skin & hair pigmentation was changed(not that her skin tone really looked any different).

As for your idea of Capcom remaking RE2 & RE3, well that wasn't your idea I'm sure. Many, many people have thought the same thing, including myself, and many people want that. I however, don't feel confident in Capcom's ability to recreate those two great experiences. They have been quite lazy with their projects recently, UC, RE5, Degeneration, while Darkside was pretty awesome, it almost makes me feel better about what they might do, I still can't help but think that they would just ruin those two great games.

galactus

Spike991;82643 said:
@Galactus, you didn't recognize Chris & Jill? Well Chris buffed up a little, and Jill's skin & hair pigmentation was changed(not that her skin tone really looked any different).

As for your idea of Capcom remaking RE2 & RE3, well that wasn't your idea I'm sure. Many, many people have thought the same thing, including myself, and many people want that. I however, don't feel confident in Capcom's ability to recreate those two great experiences. They have been quite lazy with their projects recently, UC, RE5, Degeneration, while Darkside was pretty awesome, it almost makes me feel better about what they might do, I still can't help but think that they would just ruin those two great games.

About Chris and Jill I can just about tell that it is chris but Jill is a different story and its not like they just changed there faces etc they changed there uniforms as well which makes it even harder to recognise them if say capcom had put them in some other game (like Dino crisis,street fighter or something) as a guest appearance I would never have recognised them:confused:

and about remaking RE 2 and 3 its something that I have thought about for a while but I know that many others would love to see that happen as well its a dream many fans seem to have I dont know who thought of it first though:confused: but anyway I agree with you capcom have been lazy just lately and I am not sure that I trust them to remake the 2 games without ruining them either but if they did them right they would be Awesome:)

guess we will just have to trust them if they ever do remake them and I agree with you about RE Darkside chronicles as well that was an Awesome game:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
galactus;82649 said:
About Chris and Jill I can just about tell that it is chris but Jill is a different story and its not like they just changed there faces etc they changed there uniforms as well which makes it even harder to recognise them if say capcom had put them in some other game (like Dino crisis,street fighter or something) as a guest appearance I would never have recognised them:confused:

and about remaking RE 2 and 3 its something that I have thought about for a while but I know that many others would love to see that happen as well its a dream many fans seem to have I dont know who thought of it first though:confused: but anyway I agree with you capcom have been lazy just lately and I am not sure that I trust them to remake the 2 games without ruining them either but if they did them right they would be Awesome:)

guess we will just have to trust them if they ever do remake them and I agree with you about RE Darkside chronicles as well that was an Awesome game:)

Well Chris & Jill still have their same faces. Julia Voth still does Jill's facial mocap, not sure who did Chris', but it's the same guy. They have just changed over time...like everyone does. The uniforms...well Jill's battle suit was a bit different, but there was a reason for that.

There are so many things I would be worried about, if those two were remade, RE2 & RE3. First, if those were remade, then CVX would surely have to be, I mean otherwise it's the only game in the main series, that wouldn't look perfect. RE0, REmake, RE2 & RE3(assuming they were remade), RE4 & RE5, then CVX looking all mediocre...not cool.

The people who supplied the voices, as well as the music would also be changed a bit, and I'm not liking that too much either.

Darkside was awesome, amazing really. It did a terrific job, overall, just a few complaints on my part, aside from it having to be a rail-shooter. Huge improvement from UC though, and gives me hope for what RE2 & RE3 remade could be.

T-Vaccinated Kid

@Spike991
Nah I didn't get into RE until I played RE5 in December. Then I played 1-4 in order.

RE3 was not different from the first 2. It added a few cool features like dodge and ammo creation but it didn't change the core gameplay at all. RE4 changed it drastically. And there may have been detective work that Leon did in the story, but nothing that you as a player had to do. Except for finding a few keys here and there. Its not as linear as RE5 but its still pretty linear. I think they just need to drop the whole chapter set up and make a somewhat open world. For reference I like how they designed Rockfort Island with the Palace, the Training Facility, the Prison, and the hidden Infirmary.

I didn't like the huge case Leon had. On my first playthrough I didn't even have to manage it all until near the end of the game. And on my other playthroughs I was building up so much ammo that I was having to get rid of some it to make room for herbs.

And actually there is a big difference between viruses and parasites. Viruses in nature actually can cause mutations by altering a hosts DNA. Parasites don't do that. I get how the Plagas inbeds itself in the spine of the host to gain control of the nervous system and that is at least believable. But then you get into huge monsters like Del Lago and El Gigante which are the product of massive mutations. I wasn't even thinking of them when I brought it up earlier. I was thinking of the Novistadors and Verdugos. At least in the past you knew that the creatures were the result of mutations caused by the T-virus and possibly some bioengineering by Umbrella.

I don't dislike the game at all. I just think it feels really different than playing a classic RE game. I didn't like the music either.. Except for the save room and save theme. I liked some of the changes they made in RE5, though I wished they hadn't made the game co-op based.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;82655 said:
@Spike991
Nah I didn't get into RE until I played RE5 in December. Then I played 1-4 in order.

RE3 was not different from the first 2. It added a few cool features like dodge and ammo creation but it didn't change the core gameplay at all. RE4 changed it drastically. And there may have been detective work that Leon did in the story, but nothing that you as a player had to do. Except for finding a few keys here and there. Its not as linear as RE5 but its still pretty linear. I think they just need to drop the whole chapter set up and make a somewhat open world. For reference I like how they designed Rockfort Island with the Palace, the Training Facility, the Prison, and the hidden Infirmary.

I didn't like the huge case Leon had. On my first playthrough I didn't even have to manage it all until near the end of the game. And on my other playthroughs I was building up so much ammo that I was having to get rid of some it to make room for herbs.

And actually there is a big difference between viruses and parasites. Viruses in nature actually can cause mutations by altering a hosts DNA. Parasites don't do that. I get how the Plagas inbeds itself in the spine of the host to gain control of the nervous system and that is at least believable. But then you get into huge monsters like Del Lago and El Gigante which are the product of massive mutations. I wasn't even thinking of them when I brought it up earlier. I was thinking of the Novistadors and Verdugos. At least in the past you knew that the creatures were the result of mutations caused by the T-virus and possibly some bioengineering by Umbrella.

I don't dislike the game at all. I just think it feels really different than playing a classic RE game. I didn't like the music either.. Except for the save room and save theme. I liked some of the changes they made in RE5, though I wished they hadn't made the game co-op based.

Didn't get into it until RE5. So I imagine someoen in your position was pretty impressionable, to what a few fans say on forums, or on youtube,etc.

RE3 was very different from the first two. RE4 didn't change things drastically. The controls were exactly the same. The only difference was an over-the-shoulder view constantly, rather than changing camera angles.

It was more than finding a key or stuff like that. RE4 had puzzles and items, some were not as obscure as some. RE3 had some of the worst puzzles. Obviously a creepy mansion, or a PD that used to be an art museum are preferrable for puzzles. Not a city, or a rural place in Europe. You'll find that some of the puzzles are more or less appropriate.

The first playthrough in RE4 is the only one pertinent to this discussion, as in future playthroughs, you can unlock special weapons, as well as carrying over weapons you finished the game with, so you having tons of ammo on your second or 3rd run, is irrelevant.

In the world of RE(which is very different than real life), viruses & parasites are not that different. That is why the main enemies you find, are either T-virus infectees, or Las Plagas infectees. They are both being spread around, an infection, they both steal their hosts humanity, they both require hosts...

And to some extent, they are both BOWs.

RE5 is set up in chapters, and they took out the typewriter, and I hate that very much. RE4 did nothing of the sort. It does have chapters, but it isn't like what you see in RE5, and RE4 still retains the iconic typewriter for saving. RE4's locale is a large open area, one you can explore, examine and everything, just like the mansion in RE1, the RPD in RE2, the city in RE3 & Rockfort & Antartica in CVX.

What's wrong with the music in RE4 or RE5? RE5's musical composition is one of the best in the entire series. Up there with RE0 & Outbreak. RE4's score wasn't bad...it had some great tracks, and a really great main theme, which played in the credits.

The REmake didn't have good music. It didn't have a couple of awesome tracks that were in the original, something I missed, all it had were a good safe room track, some in the Guardhouse, and what played in the slideshow room, otherwise, that's it...

Also, in case you haven't realized, the creatures we see in RE4 & RE5 used T as well as Las Plagas. Luis had mentioned that there was a sample of the virus in the lab department, when talking to Leon about Raccoon City.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Nah I'm not an impressionable person.

How was RE3 different? Except for the addition of dodging, gun powder, and choices the gameplay is exactly the same. RE4 and 5 on the other hand have very different gameplay even though the controls are the same. Prescision aiming and melee kills changed the gameplay a lot. It made the combat way more fast paced and thats probably why they changed from zombies to ganados.

I liked the puzzles in RE3 because they were organic to the situation. Each of the puzzles had a purpose. Most of the puzzles in RE4 and 5 seemed pointless to me.

My second playthrough of RE4 I started proffesional so I had to start all over and I didn't get any special weapons till my 3rd playthrough which was the PRL.

I knew the creatures in RE5 were developed by Tricell by using Las Plagas and Progenitor Virus. But I guess I spaced the part where Luis mentions the virus. I think the files mentioned Plagas and some bioengineering but I don't remember them saying anything about a virus. I really like Luis's research notes you find but he was specifically researching parasites.

I liked the music in RE5 I just didn't like RE4's music all that much. I like the music in 1-CVX much better. And thats RE1 Director's Cut.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;82696 said:
Nah I'm not an impressionable person.

How was RE3 different? Except for the addition of dodging, gun powder, and choices the gameplay is exactly the same. RE4 and 5 on the other hand have very different gameplay even though the controls are the same. Prescision aiming and melee kills changed the gameplay a lot. It made the combat way more fast paced and thats probably why they changed from zombies to ganados.

I liked the puzzles in RE3 because they were organic to the situation. Each of the puzzles had a purpose. Most of the puzzles in RE4 and 5 seemed pointless to me.

My second playthrough of RE4 I started proffesional so I had to start all over and I didn't get any special weapons till my 3rd playthrough which was the PRL.

I knew the creatures in RE5 were developed by Tricell by using Las Plagas and Progenitor Virus. But I guess I spaced the part where Luis mentions the virus. I think the files mentioned Plagas and some bioengineering but I don't remember them saying anything about a virus. I really like Luis's research notes you find but he was specifically researching parasites.

I liked the music in RE5 I just didn't like RE4's music all that much. I like the music in 1-CVX much better. And thats RE1 Director's Cut.

Everyone is a little impressionable.

RE3 introduced the explosive barrel. Perhaps you forgot how the dodging had rolling and crouching involved. It seemed so wierd the first time I was shooting at a Beta as Carlos and he rolled over and propped himself up on his knee, and as I was holding the aiming button, he was still aiming and shooting, but of course at that point I was in a continual back and forth with it lunging at me, and dodging, lunging, dodging.

Anyway, RE3, and certainly by CVX, they had been getting more fast paced, and it didn't start with RE4. I didn't really start to browse forums until a few years ago, so I played the RE games on my own, and I never once thought anything of RE4, being different. It wasn't until getting on a forum, or checking out the youtube comments on an RE video that I realized some people constantly complain about RE4.

The part when Luis mentions the virus, is when him & Leon are tied up, they are talking about their past, each of them being police officers, Leon of course for just a day, and Luis talking about nobody appreciating anyone for being a hero anymore.

The puzzles in RE3 were stupid. Maybe a cool one or two, but most were pretty tedious, or pointless. The one in the gas station, where there was A, B, C, & D. Never figured out any logical way to do that, just randomly press buttons. There's more where that came from.

The music at the beginning of RE4 was great. The ending credits, "Sorrow" was really memorable, and with the aid of the pictures of people in the village, left a great impression.:)

The Files in RE4 were one of the only bad things...some were pretty crappy. Some, like the ones Luis leaves on different BOWs, like Regenerators, were really great.

Anyway, RE4 introduced new things like the quick-knife(which has saved the combat knives from being placed in the item boxx for the entire game), little combat moves, only accesible when enemies are stunned, so that we can defend ourselves better. It would be a real shame if somebody like Leon, who went through the entire Raccoon City Incident, didn't come out any smarter, he would have to be a real moron to not learn a thing or two about fighting BOWs. So perhaps kicking enemies or doing a suplex on an Illuminado isn't such a huge crime...

N3M3S1S1294

@spike991 Well im not much for arguing you have your opinion and i have mine. thats that.

@galactus i was pretty upset watching raccoon city blow up even though the ending always gives me goosebumps :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
N3M3S1S1294;82766 said:
@spike991 Well im not much for arguing you have your opinion and i have mine. thats that.

@galactus i was pretty upset watching raccoon city blow up even though the ending always gives me goosebumps :D

Well we don't have to argue or quarrel like an old married couple, we can debate or discuss, like people do on a forum.:)

As for opinions. It's an opinion if a game is good or not, it is opinion that a character is lame or not, but it is not opinion that RE4, and even RE5 to some extent, in it's ways, are a part of the RE series, and despite what you might like to call opinion, are not that different, essentially, generally, specifically, or otherwise.

N3M3S1S1294

lol see re 1, 2 and 3 all had set cameras. RE4 and 5 didnt. they were over the shoulder cameras. It went from zombies, hunters, lickers, etc. to crazed villagers (who were not undead in any way shape or form just not consious of the things they did.) and some weird creatures. It all really is opinion. You say that re 1,2,and3 are much like 4 and 5 and i disagree. i know plenty of people who would agree with me and maybe people would agree with you. But whatever.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
N3M3S1S1294;82774 said:
lol see re 1, 2 and 3 all had set cameras. RE4 and 5 didnt. they were over the shoulder cameras. It went from zombies, hunters, lickers, etc. to crazed villagers (who were not undead in any way shape or form just not consious of the things they did.) and some weird creatures. It all really is opinion. You say that re 1,2,and3 are much like 4 and 5 and i disagree. i know plenty of people who would agree with me and maybe people would agree with you. But whatever.

Well that's more like it. No way I'm going to settle for some half-assed, "It's a matter of opinion" reply though.:)

Well you did a great job pointing out the differences, proud of you, but RE4 & RE5 are more than just "crazed villagers" and some weird creatures.

Now I can retort by pointing out the similarities, which prove how much the same they are, nothing to do with opinion:

Obviously RE4/RE5 have the same controls, just over-the-shoulder, don't recall anybody crying about Survivor, or Dead Aim, or using a scope in CVX, do you?

RE1 and others, went from zombies, BOWs, and just T-virus infected creatures pretty much. In there however, we had parasites, at least one prominent one, Nemesis. Nobody complained about Nemesis using a rocket launcher, or speaking, or any of the stuff that is apparently derogatory with anything else.

RE4 has Las Plagas infected humans, "crazed villagers" is in my opinion a stupid generalization of what we faced there. That would be like me calling the zombies in RE1, "crazed people with nice, yet ripped clothing".

RE4's "weird creatures", and RE5's for that matter, were BOWs, like a Hunter, Tyrant, Licker, Cerberus, Neptune, etc. Indeed some of the things in RE4, used the T-virus I'm sure, as did ones in RE5, as well as having the use of Progenitor.

No reason to call the creatures in earlier games BOWs, and called the creatures in RE4/RE5, just "weird creatures". It's double standards.

How about the little changes that have been going on since the earliest games. Outbreak first introduced the manual reload, RE3 introduced the explosive barrel, CVX introduced the sniper. RE3 had a primitive dodge system, it also introduced the 180 degree turn. RE3 had the "split second choice" thing where you made a decision that affects the outcome of the game, long or short term, and a gun powder mixing feature.

As if being over-the-shoulder or camera angles really changes anything...it at the very least, in a positive way, allows for the players aim to replace locking on and shooting a certain amount of bullets into an enemy.

N3M3S1S1294

Well Survivor recieved HORRIBLE reviews and is never mentioned anywhere else in RE and dead aim i will give you becuase that one was pretty entertaining. I understand where you're coming from i just disagree lol and by changes i dont mean smaller ones like the barrel or dodge system i mean the large changes. The camera angles. The story. The enemies. Personally no Raccoon City means no RE.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
N3M3S1S1294;82791 said:
Well Survivor recieved HORRIBLE reviews and is never mentioned anywhere else in RE and dead aim i will give you becuase that one was pretty entertaining. I understand where you're coming from i just disagree lol and by changes i dont mean smaller ones like the barrel or dodge system i mean the large changes. The camera angles. The story. The enemies. Personally no Raccoon City means no RE.

Survivor is mentioned somewhere else in RE, in a main storyline game, at the beginning of RE0, "A midwestern town in America:Raccoon City, a Solitary Island far off in the sea:Rockfort Island, an Island that would become the second Raccoon City, Sheena Island"

Sheena Island is where Survivor took place. Have you played it before? I own it, and it's not that bad, despite it horrible reviews. Most of the time the people doing the review don't know what they are talking about anyway, so I wouldn't put all my faith in what someone else said about it.

Dead Aim was awesome. It's movement was 3rd person, but not camera angles, very much an over-the-shoulder kind of look. When you aim, it went into first person, so you could say that RE4 being over-the-shoulder, and allowing us to aim, could have taken a few points from that.

The small changes do matter, as they add up to make RE what it is. RE4 has all of those little details, and like other RE games, has a few changes added to it, some stick, some don't, RE3 is a prime example of that.

The change from camera angles to over-the-shoulder is not by any means a large change, not even close. That is such an illegitimate complaint, that I hardy think it's necessary to entertain that one.

How has the story had a large change? It's BOWs being unleashed on the world, destroying Umbrella, or it's equivilant, whether that be a cult trying to take over the world, or a madman, trying to take over the world, cult, company, same thing in this case, both are pretty much a tool.

We have BOWs, what's different about the enemies? Our basic Las Plagas infectees aren't very different from our basic T-virus infectees. As I've said earlier, I seem to be doing a lot of repeating myself, the earliest zombies in fiction, early movies, weren't the canabilistic kind, but more like what we see of the Ganados & Majini.

Saying that without Raccoon there is no RE, is a very nearsighted thing to say. It gives off the impression that you are very shallow in regard to what you want from RE. I think it is very unfair for you to sit there and be so illcontent with the change, that everyone else should have to sit through all of the same bull.

RE is moving on, even after Raccoon was destroyed, everyone needs to get over it, I mean Curtis did.:) We can go back and enjoy Raccoon, Outbreak, File#2, UC & Darkside, Degeneration, etc, but we can only go back so many times. If you don't think RE goes on after, well look at CVX, RE4, RE5, Dead Aim, Survivor, Operation Javier & Talos in the Chronicles games, all of the great stuff from LIN, and what we are seeing in Revelations. There is so much great stuff post-Raccoon City, and I intend to enjoy it.

Top Bottom