• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Anybody hate steve burnside..

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
N3M3S1S1294;81517 said:
IKR! Chris became like super ripped. It was ridiculous and Jill was blonde? WTF? i miss the originals after that they went horribly horribly wrong :(

Chris must have done a lot of push ups after joining the BSAA. And Jill's hair was bleached from the stasis pod she was kept in at the Tricell facility.

N3M3S1S1294

T-Vaccinated Kid;81546 said:
Chris must have done a lot of push ups after joining the BSAA. And Jill's hair was bleached from the stasis pod she was kept in at the Tricell facility.

Chris must have had ALOT of time on his hands :p and as for jill i mean capcoms just done alot differently. They've changed from creepy survival horrer to rail gun shooter with cheap shots to scare you which in the end dont at all.

galactus

capcom is changing to much if you ask me I hope RE 6 is more like the original games

the games just dont have that creepy and earie feel anymore plus a lot of other things arent the same either the games are going to far away from what they used to be in other words capcom are ruining the RE series they seriously need to go back to there roots I hardly recognise the games anymore personally they are so different including some of the characters

anyway back on topic I think someone should have shot steve or throw a hand grenade at him or something for been so damn annoying:lol:

better yet blow him up with a rocket launcher:lol: wheres Nemesis when you need him?:D

N3M3S1S1294

galactus;81851 said:
capcom is changing to much if you ask me I hope RE 6 is more like the original games

the games just dont have that creepy and earie feel anymore plus a lot of other things arent the same either the games are going to far away from what they used to be in other words capcom are ruining the RE series they seriously need to go back to there roots I hardly recognise the games anymore personally they are so different including some of the characters

anyway back on topic I think someone should have shot steve or throw a hand grenade at him or something for been so damn annoying:lol:

better yet blow him up with a rocket launcher:lol: wheres Nemesis when you need him?:D

YES! haha especially the part about blowing steve up. He makes me regret blowing nemesis up :(

But about RE6 i think they should scrap that idea and remake 1,2, and 3 :lol:

galactus

N3M3S1S1294;81854 said:
YES! haha especially the part about blowing steve up. He makes me regret blowing nemesis up :(

But about RE6 i think they should scrap that idea and remake 1,2, and 3 :lol:

:lol: I agree I dont think there is much chance of RE 6 being as good as 1'2' or 3 anyway except for maybe if they bring a lot of the old characters back but knowing capcom they will probabely ruin it one way or another by changing things to much (again doh!) or something so I agree with you:) maybe put a few more extra unlockables in them though love to be able to play as Mr X and Nemesis plus some of the other monsters for a change personally:)

but if they do make RE 6 they should bring back Nemesis just so he can blow steve up to make us laugh:lol:

N3M3S1S1294

galactus;81929 said:
:lol: I agree I dont think there is much chance of RE 6 being as good as 1'2' or 3 anyway except for maybe if they bring a lot of the old characters back but knowing capcom they will probabely ruin it one way or another by changing things to much (again doh!) or something so I agree with you:) maybe put a few more extra unlockables in them though love to be able to play as Mr X and Nemesis plus some of the other monsters for a change personally:)

but if they do make RE 6 they should bring back Nemesis just so he can blow steve up to make us laugh:lol:

yes! when re 4 came out i just figure every company cant always be perfect one flop okay but than with re5 i was lke WTF :mad:

About steve though that would be amazing even if the game sucked i would but it just for that! :lol:

galactus

N3M3S1S1294;82031 said:
yes! when re 4 came out i just figure every company cant always be perfect one flop okay but than with re5 i was lke WTF :mad:

About steve though that would be amazing even if the game sucked i would but it just for that! :lol:

about RE 4 and 5 that was exactly my thoughts about them as well:)

and I agree I would buy RE 6 if they put that in it as well just for laughs:lol: I can see it now

it would probabley be a bit like this

claire and steve are having a look around a city or where ever the game is going to based
then Nemesis shows up roars and says s.t.a.r.s
claire and steve both look at Nemesis in shock/horror
steve: what the heck is he??
claire: I dont know but watch out for his rocket launcher steve
Nemesis: roars and fires rocket
Steve: ok claire Im going to shoot this thing what the?? (rocket hits him) BANG! arrrhhhhhh (bits everywhere)
claire: oh noo not steve
Nemesis roars again and chases claire etc etc

me and you: yeesss thank you Nemesis horrrayyy take that annoying whiney get steve thats it for you steve you fool; :lol::lol:

chris comes along: er has anyone got a brush and shovel someone needs to clean up whats left of steve:ermm: (a pile of ash and bones):lol:

T-Vaccinated Kid

Well Capcom changed up the series to widen the appeal. As I heard from the Feedback gang on one of their shows "The gaming companies aren't making games to please their fans, they're making games to get more fans" (I'm paraphrasing) I think any of the main games in the series (RE6) are going to be like RE4 and RE5, which are good games just not necessarily what Resident Evil fans want. I just hope they make more classic RE games too. I don't plan on buying a 3DS so I really really hope that Capcom still makes Resident Evil Portable.

N3M3S1S1294

T-Vaccinated Kid;82166 said:
Well Capcom changed up the series to widen the appeal. As I heard from the Feedback gang on one of their shows "The gaming companies aren't making games to please their fans, they're making games to get more fans" (I'm paraphrasing) I think any of the main games in the series (RE6) are going to be like RE4 and RE5, which are good games just not necessarily what Resident Evil fans want. I just hope they make more classic RE games too. I don't plan on buying a 3DS so I really really hope that Capcom still makes Resident Evil Portable.

This is why games are bashed so much. If Capcom couldnt gain fans with the original way of they're games and they choose to mix it up than they'll just end up losing the diehard fans like most of this site.

@Galactus yes! haha thatd be fantastic i would pre-order such a game :D

T-Vaccinated Kid

N3M3S1S1294;82170 said:
This is why games are bashed so much. If Capcom couldnt gain fans with the original way of they're games and they choose to mix it up than they'll just end up losing the diehard fans like most of this site.

Your right. But Capcom is still making fans with the new games. Like me. RE5 looked awesome and I got into the series after playing it. Before that I was put off by the gameplay style of classic RE. I decided to play the original 3 because I was fascinated by the story. Once I played RE2 I decided I liked the classic style better.

As to why Capcom changed the style, I think it was the reception of Code: Veronica. Of the few reviews I've read, it seemed like people in the industry hated that it was still like the older games. And you gotta think, after RE4 was recieved so well, even winning game of the year, they must have thought "We may have something here."

N3M3S1S1294

T-Vaccinated Kid;82194 said:
Your right. But Capcom is still making fans with the new games. Like me. RE5 looked awesome and I got into the series after playing it. Before that I was put off by the gameplay style of classic RE. I decided to play the original 3 because I was fascinated by the story. Once I played RE2 I decided I liked the classic style better.

As to why Capcom changed the style, I think it was the reception of Code: Veronica. Of the few reviews I've read, it seemed like people in the industry hated that it was still like the older games. And you gotta think, after RE4 was recieved so well, even winning game of the year, they must have thought "We may have something here."

Well i played RE1 back in 1996 when it came out and even being just 4 i fell in love with the series thats why i feel like capcoms not sticking to the things that made the series so popular.

As to Code: Veronica i hated it too. It was a major let down mainly due to the story. It was boring and just stupid in my opinion. RE4 is a good action/adventure game but nowhere near the greatness of the originals. In ten years i wont be playing RE4 but i know for a fact ill still playing the originals.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't think the style has changed that much. In fact, I know it hasn't. I love RE1, and I love RE4. RE4 wasn't an action/adventure game, it was survival horror, with a few action elements, like a new dodging system, much like the one in RE3(one of the so-called, Originals), and many elements throughout the entire series, it's not some new thing that Capcom just pulled out of thin air.

RE5 did use more action game elements than I would have liked. Not the entire game was like that, but it had it's poor moments for sure.

You said you played RE1 when you were four? At that age, of course you were more impressionable, and RE1, at that time, would leave much greater memeories than playing RE4, or anything else nowadays could ever leave you with. And judging every RE game by those standards, nothing will ever compare.

As for CVX, I can't believe my eyes...you didn't like the story? CVX is probably the only story I might find better than the first game....Added stuff with the Ashfords, Claire & Steve's romantic interest, the rivalry with Chris and Wesker...it has everything.:)

galactus

T-Vaccinated Kid;82166 said:

that is so wrong what gets me is we the fans put capcom (and companies like them like Marvel and DC comics etc) where they are today personally I think they should give us more of a say of what we want in the future RE games for that surely or a vote of what we would like to see in future RE games would be nice (same thing really) does anyone else agree?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@galactus, I agree totally. They should listen to what we want. I bet we could get a letter written with all of our thoughts(that is a collected paragraph or just a page or so), and have tons of people sign.

Or whatever, I'm sure there's a way to get our thoughts to Capcom. Hell, I bet they have people that go around browsing forums reading what people think.

T-Vaccinated Kid

galactus;82292 said:
that is so wrong what gets me is we the fans put capcom (and companies like them like Marvel and DC comics etc) where they are today personally I think they should give us more of a say of what we want in the future RE games for that surely or a vote of what we would like to see in future RE games would be nice (same thing really) does anyone else agree?

Well they still do fan sevice. Degeneration was obviously made for the fans.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;82298 said:
Well they still do fan sevice. Degeneration was obviously made for the fans.

Sort of. It was catered for us in some ways, like having Leon & Claire, having Paul Mercier & Alyson Court do their voices, and perhaps bringing in the T & G-viruses.

Otherwise, it was lacking a lot of what makes RE as great as it always has been.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Spike991;82299 said:
Sort of. It was catered for us in some ways, like having Leon & Claire, having Paul Mercier & Alyson Court do their voices, and perhaps bringing in the T & G-viruses.

Otherwise, it was lacking a lot of what makes RE as great as it always has been.

Well it would be hard, maybe impossible to implement a lot of those elements into a movie. Still I think the plot is most important and that was deffinately good. But there were parts in the airport that felt like the old RE. Like when Claire goes for help and when they try to escape.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;82306 said:
Well it would be hard, maybe impossible to implement a lot of those elements into a movie. Still I think the plot is most important and that was deffinately good. But there were parts in the airport that felt like the old RE. Like when Claire goes for help and when they try to escape.

That is exactly what I always say.:) RE is too unique of an experience to be properly made into a movie. From the way the gameplay draws you in, the files you read and get so much backstory from, to the cinimatic cutscenes.

They might be able to get one of those, but CG is the way to go, for the most proper RE experience, live-action won't cut it.

Degeneration had it's moments. Very few, and yes, at the very beginning, Claire, and the airport, that was all nice, and seeing G was cool, although it wasn't nearly as masterfully put together like William slaughtering the USS, instead Curtis killed a bunch of those army guys with some lame, generic rock music in the background.

galactus

Spike991;82296 said:
@galactus, I agree totally. They should listen to what we want. I bet we could get a letter written with all of our thoughts(that is a collected paragraph or just a page or so), and have tons of people sign.

Or whatever, I'm sure there's a way to get our thoughts to Capcom. Hell, I bet they have people that go around browsing forums reading what people think.

Great idea Spike991 maybe that is what we should do how about this:- why dont one of us open a new topic maybe in the general discussion section asking what we would like to see in a new RE game then let everyone comment in it and then after everyone has signed it post it off to capcom :D

please let me know what you think about this

and I like your thinking Spike991 and its nice to know that there are others that share my thoughs as well

cheers for that :)

Top Bottom