• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Anybody hate steve burnside..

galactus

N3M3S1S1294;82766 said:
@galactus i was pretty upset watching raccoon city blow up even though the ending always gives me goosebumps :D

:lol:Me to and I loved RE 3:) but seeing Racoon city get blown up and killing nemesis at the end made me sad I was like nice one capcom you have just killed the series doh!

N3M3S1S1294;82774 said:
lol see re 1, 2 and 3 all had set cameras. RE4 and 5 didnt. they were over the shoulder cameras. It went from zombies, hunters, lickers, etc. to crazed villagers (who were not undead in any way shape or form just not consious of the things they did.) and some weird creatures. It all really is opinion. You say that re 1,2,and3 are much like 4 and 5 and i disagree. i know plenty of people who would agree with me and maybe people would agree with you. But whatever.

I agree with you N3M3S1S1294:D

N3M3S1S1294;82791 said:
Well Survivor recieved HORRIBLE reviews and is never mentioned anywhere else in RE and dead aim i will give you becuase that one was pretty entertaining. I understand where you're coming from i just disagree lol and by changes i dont mean smaller ones like the barrel or dodge system i mean the large changes. The camera angles. The story. The enemies. Personally no Raccoon City means no RE.

I second that again nice one capcom doh!:rolleyes:

oh and accepted you as a friend as well by the way N3M3S1S1294:D took me a day or 2 to notice it in my notifications though so sorry about that but I have finally done it now anyway:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
galactus;82948 said:
:lol:Me to I loved RE 3:) but seeing Racoon city get blown up and killing nemesis at the end made me sad I was like nice one capcom you have just killed the series doh!

Ha, then after, numerous RE games came out and continued the series, making more money for Capcom, and more great experiences for the fans.:)

galactus

Spike991;82950 said:
Ha, then after, numerous RE games came out and continued the series, making more money for Capcom, and more great experiences for the fans.:)

Ha, yeah but they will start to loose fans like me and N3M3S1S1294 if they carry on changing things to much and not at least make the new games like RE6 in the same style as the old games in some other place since Racoon city has been destroyed and I knew before that umbrella had bases all over the world so I knew that the games would change location eventually just didnt think it would be so soon (foolish move on capcoms part in my opinion) but it is not as though it is the locations of the games that have changed I mean it has been a long time since a tyrant and some of the other old favourite monsters have been in the games and what about that Chris and Jill arent even working for S.T.A.R.S anymore they now work for BSSA (who?:blink::confused:) so I take it that S.T.A.R.S has been scrapped as well I dont know about you Spike but I prefered S.T.A.R.S thought it was a lot better in my opinion so I am sorry but personally I think capcom are going a bit change crazy at the moment thats my point and what bothers me

and I know that sometimes change can be a good thing but in this case I dont think so at least not completely

and one last thing I dont mind new characters I just think capcom should keep the old characters (especailly characters that are popular with the fans like Nemesis etc) not scrap them but add the new characters to the roster as well so we get the best of both worlds rather than just all new that way everyones happy:)

N3M3S1S1294

galactus;82953 said:
Ha, yeah but they will start to loose fans like me and N3M3S1S1294 if they carry on changing things to much and not at least make the new games like RE6 in the same style as the old games in some other place since Racoon city has been destroyed and I knew before that umbrella had bases all over the world so I knew that the games would change location eventually just didnt think it would be so soon (foolish move on capcoms part in my opinion) but it is not as though it is the locations of the games that have changed I mean it has been a long time since a tyrant and some of the other old favourite monsters have been in the games and what about that Chris and Jill arent even working for S.T.A.R.S anymore they now work for BSSA (who?:blink::confused:) so I take it that S.T.A.R.S has been scrapped as well I dont know about you Spike but I prefered S.T.A.R.S thought it was a lot better in my opinion so I am sorry but personally I think capcom are going a bit change crazy at the moment thats my point and what bothers me

and I know that sometimes change can be a good thing but in this case I dont think so at least not completely

and one last thing I dont mind new characters I just think capcom should keep the old characters (especailly characters that are popular with the fans like Nemesis etc) not scrap them but add the new characters to the roster as well so we get the best of both worlds rather than just all new that way everyones happy:)

ugh thank you! agree :D and okay lol thanks

@spike991 honestly capcoms slowly killing the whole franchise but i give up lol. this would just be a long ongoing arguement :p

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
galactus;82953 said:

Well if you want unreasonable things, then I guess you will have to be lost...too bad, as you will be missing out on some great stuff in the future. There will be some things we might not like, but so have all the games previously, every one of them.

I would love to see a Tyrant nowadays, even just a T-103 like Mr. X, and if Capcom decides to do that, then more power to them, if not, I will just keep hoping they put one in the game, but by no means will judge an entire game because of a few minor changes.

Perhaps you have some issues you need to work out with Capcom, because Raccoon City was lost, a long, long time ago. That was over a decade ago, in terms of the story, and in real-time, if you weren't ready, after 3 games, and numerous others that have gone back to previous times in Raccoon, like RE0, Outbreak, File#2, UC & Darkside. Lest we forget that Raccoon City has been mentioned in every game since it's destruction.

STARS was destroyed. Chris stuck with that for awhile, but considering that almost all of them died, and the few survivors scattered like roaches...what did you expect, it was a small group, funded by Umbrella? It's not a global organization, like in the novels, so STARS is gone, but what they represent is still there.

The BSAA is what Chris & Jill now are involved with, hell, they created it. They fight BOWs all across the world...which is exactly what they would be doing as STARS members right? It would be lame if they brought in a bunch of new STARS members as replacements.

Nemesis wasn't a character, it was more of an enemy. I'm sure any source, for example the Archives book, labels him as an enemy.

As for keeping old characters...is that not exactly what Capcom has been doing...I mean they add new ones, but they do it in addition to the old ones we know and love. I dislike Sheva(RE5) & Angela(Degeneration), most of the time, but I have no problem with them being new characters.

Capcom has been using the same few main characters for each and every game that has come out...I don't understand what that complaint was about, do you care to elaborate?

@N3M3S1S, Capcom isn't killing anything. I will be the first to admit that RE5 took a few steps in the wrong direction...and they can pull back and continue in the right direction, easy, no need to be a drama queen.:)

galactus

To Spike:

Ok first of all I will probabely stick with the games because I am a big fan of them well at least the old games up to code veronica Im just not over keen on the dirrection they are going at the moment with RE 4 and 5 I just hope the games start going back to there old style a little more and it looks like RE 6 has proper zombies in it so I will stick with the series for now and just hope more of the old monsters etc start coming back into the series

about Racoon city being blown up and having issues with capcom I just Really liked that city everything was just right about it sadly I dont feel the same way about the Locations in RE 4 or 5 (or much else to be honest) they are good but just not quite got the atmosphere and some of the other things that Racoon city had I just think finding a location replacment for the games that is as good as Racoon city will be hard to find thats all

and I dont like nukes I hate them to be honest:verymad: I really liked Racoon city plus a lot of the characters (the way they was then not now) and monsters to me it was kind of home from home I loved escaping from the real world to exploring that city I found it really interesting and enjoyable also scary at the same time it was great escapism from the real world to a place that was really interesting so yes watching it get blown up did bother me and still does I miss it to be honest:(

about S.T.A.R.S and BSSA I know that chris and jill created BSSA in the game but the way I see it chris was still a S.T.A.R.S member in RE code veronica so why not in RE 5 as well I just think capcom should leave things like this alone thats all plus jill, Rebecca and Barry are still alive and you might even be able to count Wesker since he was the captain of S.T.A.R.S (sort of) and might possibly be still alive and about recruiting new members that never even crossed my mind to be honest but thinking about it they could maybe take on leon and claire plus maybe Ada if they ever all meet up to make up a new S.T.A.R.S team

about Nemesis and keeping old characters ok if you want to get technical about it what I was basically saying was that it would be nice to see some of the old monsters in the new games like zombies lickers, hunters, Tyrants Mr x and Nemesis etc but also add new ones as well that way you get the best of both worlds and everyones happy (well hopefully)
also your right about them keeping the old characters like chris, jill, leon, Claire but adding new ones Im just saying that I think they should do the same thing with the monsters as well thats all

and I just dont like the way capcom keep messing around and changing there characters here and there its a bit annoying when you like a character the way they was origionally

anyway I think the bottom line of what I am trying to say is that there is to much new stuff and not enough of the old in the new games thats all the new outweighs the old we would just like to see some of the old stuff make a return thats mostly all Im trying to say:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well I'll start off with the agreeable. The new RE games could definately have previous enemies, I would love that, I think everyone would. I would love to fight a Hunter, while playing OTS like in RE5. I remember fighting the Licker in RE5, and it was really cool, the way certain button sequences worked, being able to uppercut the Licker when it lunges at you, but if you miss, you are dead, unless you have a partner. I imagine something like a Hunter would be just as nice. Same with having others, like Crimson Heads, and Cerberus. As far as some of these go, they are inneffective BOWs, therefore have a reason not to show up in recent games.

That said, I don't understand why something like a Tyrant or Hunter haven't already made an appearance, I mean those were a couple of the most effective BOWs, and thus should be popular on the black market, therefore should appear in the games nowadays. Maybe they will now, who knows, we will have to play to find out.

Now, back to the point, you want old monsters? Well we got Lickers in RE5. Anyway, that seems to be a huge complaint with you, wanting old monsters and such, that isn't necessarily a reason to say that games like RE4 & RE5 are not good, or aren't staying true to RE.

Raccoon City was great, back in 1998. I loved going back to Raccoon City in all of the games I mentioned previously, but it's gone, and it's not coming back. We might go back sometime via another game, but otherwise, RE4 & RE5 not being in Raccoon City is not a valid complaint.

Do you have some sort of problem with the character development? There is one character in particular that really lost touch with the way they used to be, and it happened very spontaneously. Wesker, with a change in voice actors, from Richard Waugh(RE0, RE4, CVX), to DC Douglas(UC, RE5, DSC), as well as the characters style, personality and everything just being changed for no reason...

I can't think of anyone else that really underwent any changes like that though. Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon, they are the same. 10 years pass, little things change, the world changes, the character's change a bit...otherwise, Leon is sarcastic like he was, Chris & Jill have the same mindsets...I don't see a difference with them, a difference worth getting upset about.

Code Veronica took place in December of 1998, RE5 took place ten years later, actually more like eleven. Chris was wearing his prototype STARS uniform a few months after the Mansion Incident, and the destruction of Raccoon City. Perhaps he had nothing better to wear to go on a mission like he did, in CVX. But Chris not being a stupid has-been and not trying to be something that doesn't exist anymore, instead moving on and doing something more useful, like making a global organization to fight off BOWs and terrorism, I also doubt the validity of this complaint. If you want STARS after Raccoon, go read the novels...in there STARS is a global organization, with the likes of David Trapp.

Was there a character in particular that you liked originally, that had a drastic change, please do share?

Alright, well heres my bottom line, what you are saying is that there are too many changes and new things and not enough old. Well I've been saying that the changes, aren't as many as you, and some others, might be, are, thinking.

The camera changed from camera angles to OTS. That isn't and never will be a big deal. It still has the same control scheme, and still plays like RE. Once Capcom changes it so that it plays like Gears Of War or something like that, that's when I will start complaining. I think they cut it pretty close in RE5, when they put different control schemes, to cater to Gears fans...but I didn't like that.

The enemies are BOWs, and monsters, the same kinds of things we fought before. Just because you miss certain, specific enemies doesn't create a huge problem with any newer RE game. Now, I think RE5 bringing back the El Gigante was stupid, that fight was lame, not fun, and the enemy wasn't very cool. I found the U8 in RE5 to be average too.

Anyway, we will get what Capcom gives us in regard to enemies, and whatever they give us, as long as it fits, and workds, like it has thus far, than there isn't a problem there.

Old stuff needs to make a return you say? Well what old stuff is gone. I mean in RE5 they took out the typewriters, and I hate that, but hopefully that was temporary. There were parts of RE5 that felt like they were made for an action game, but because of the controls still playing like an RE game, we weren't able to handle those situations like an action game, causing a total fail. I hope stuff like that is gone, but RE5 alone is responsible for that.

galactus

Ok I think I will answer in the same order as your reply

so first of all not seeing the hunters or a Tyrant in RE 4 or 5 is the kind of changes I am talking about that worries me but having said that like you say there was Lickers in RE 5 so maybe that is a sign of more of the old creatures coming back into the games plus it looks like there are at least going to be proper zombies in RE 6 so maybe a lot of the other original creatures will make a return in the future games as well guess we will just have to wait and see like you say I sure hope so:)

and I am not saying that RE 4 and 5 were not good I think they are good but in there own way I am just saying that they are not quite the same anymore I mean the Earlier games were running around a city shooting zombies etc but then in RE 4 we are in a Village with mad villagers or (Gonando's) attacking us with pitchforks etc bit of a difference dont you think? (and RE 5 is basically like 4 as well) thats all Im saying but going off of that preview it looks like the proper zombies are coming back anyway so I think that ends this argument

about Racoon City I would have liked RE 4 and 5 to be based there but as you said its gone so I knew that there wasnt much chance of either of the games being based there I just dont think it was a very wise move on capcoms part having Racoon City get blown up thats all its just not something that I would have done if say I was in charge of the games thats all Im saying but whats done is done I guess thats it sadly

Im just a bit worried that the RE series wont be same ever again thats all

about character changes I liked Jill and chris the way they used to be honest From RE Remake to code veronica you know in there S.T.A.R.S uniforms, jill with brown hair and everything Leon I am fine with because you could unlock his old R.P.D outfit after beating the game so he is fine same goes for claire although I thought she looked better in RE 2 than any of the other games that she has been in (god I love that pink uniform:wub::lol:) Ada is fine too thought her RE 2 outfit was better though personally and with wesker I am mostly ok with him too liked him best in code veronica that was him at his best in my opinion:cool: but all of the other games versions of him are fine with me as well so I think its just mostly RE 5 versions of chris and jill that bother me a bit guess there new look and the whole BSSA thing havent grown on me yet

and about the camera angles what capcom has done with them is ok but personally if I made the games I would have them the way they are now but also give people the option to have the old style camera angles as well (to give it more of the classic RE feel) or try to I just wish capcom would do the same

about missing old enemies and BOW's I know what I like (and you will have your own favourites Im sure) I would just like to see some of them return thats all but like you say its up to capcom at the end of the day so I guess all we can do is hope some of the old favourites make a return and thats that I guess:(

and about the old stuff I like the typewriters to I hope they come back as well but I was mostly refering to the old monsters/Enemies I just hope more of them make a return thats all:cool::)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
N3M3S1S1294;83041 said:
@spike991 hows that being a drama queen? i stated my opinion something you cant seem to grasp the meaning of :p

It was a joke, which you can't grasp the meaning of I guess...:)

It's not that I can't fathom what you are saying, I grasp your opinions and thoughts perfectly, but they are wrong, that's all.

You may like RE1 better than RE5, you may prefer everything about it, that's cool, that's your opinion, but just because you don't like RE5 as much as RE1, that doesn't mean that it's that different.

My arguement is not that RE1 & RE5 are the same, my arguement is that they are not so different, to where they(especially RE4) don't deserve to get all this hate.

@Galactus, I suppose I should follow the pattern and reply in the same order.:) I think that's a very fair deduction, seeing Lickers, might be a sign, a positive one that some of the older BOWs, might be returning, not because we want old enemies, but because logically, they are better BOWs, and deserve to show up. Not all, but I can pick out a handful of enemies from throughout RE1, 2, 3 & CVX that I would like to return.

I think your interpretation of what previous RE games were about is a little off. They weren't "running around a city shooting zombies", it was much deeper than that, and much more complicated. There was a bigger picture, a larger plot, same with RE4, it isn't just running around a village shooting Ganados. That's not to say we didn't run around a village or a city, and didn't shoot at zombies or ganados at some point though.

There's no way we could go back to Raccoon, it is a hazarddous area, nothing will be able to survive out there for another decade or so...that place is a dump.:)

But anyway, it adds so much more to the story, more emotional, more personal, knowing that Umbrella basically killed 100,000 people and just an entire city in general. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I also think Claire looked best in RE2. Her hairstyle and everything, it was overlooed and in DSC, it wasn't like it was supposed to be, but without being too picky, I still found it pretty enjoyable. I also agree about Wesker, he was coolest in CVX, but he was ruined right after his RE4 appearance. Ada, her RE2 civillian outfit was the coolest, she had brown hair, etc, but when Capcom went back with UC & DSC, the hair stayed black, like it was in RE4, which messed with the continuity, and they gave her all kinds of gun holsters and tactical gear, thus getting rid of the illusion that she was a civillian...

I don't think the camera has any holding on anything. I think it works great, and well, it isn't such a different experience from the original. I mean, if they put us in a secluded area, like a mansion(kind of like LIN, but alone, and more in that style), it could be OTS yet still play slower, more of an investigative kind of thing. They could let the OTS view be accompanied by the quick-knife & manual reload, yet take out all of the melee attacks, and simply have it put us in an environment that really requires tedious puzzle solving(not that all were, but by RE3 a lot were), looking for keys, etc, and it would be pretty much exactly the same, but because of the aiming, possibly more fun.:) Well that was much longer than I expected...

Well I think little things like the Typewriter are iconic, and symbolic of the series. I liked the way it was used in RE4, and Outbreak File#2 for that matter, where you didn't need ink ribbons. I never really complained about having to use the ink ribbons, but I wasn't sad to see those go. Door scenes, after awhile it got kind of annoying, but RE4 & RE5 both have loading scenes when certain doors lead to new areas, they could have easily put in a door scene there. Anyway, like I said, there have been tons of little changes, and I think we should have a more optomistic outlook on them...some of them. We shouldn't naively devour every little thing Capcom spews out, but still enjoy, and get over certain little things.

I really think that we have started to figure out what we both dislike about the series, and what would can probably be a little more leniant on don't you think?

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
The only reason the OTS camera was added was so Capcom could add precision aiming. If you ever see the beta version of RE4 it had fixed cameras. Then when you aimed your weapon it switched to an OTS camera. Before RE4 it was just point, shoot, run, repeat. Then it was aim, shoot, run, punch, knife. And as of RE5 its aim, shoot, run, punch, stomp. Precision aiming changed the gameplay of the series a lot. It wasn't a bad change necessarily. In fact it made the boss battles in the series much better. But it also changed the pacing of the action which I didn't care for. Its fun shooting things but I'd rather take on 1 or 2 scary ass monsters than a group of knife-wielding lunatics. They added more mutant monsters in RE5 which was a good move, but it was sort of bitter sweet when you have to worry about a partner while trying to take on a Reaper.

I think they removed the typewriter from RE5 because it would have been even more useless than it was in RE4. They were almost always placed at the beginnings or endings of chapters, right before or after the game automatically asks if you want to save. I would like to see the typewriters return, but I would also like to see the chapter system leave.

N3M3S1S1294

@spike991 lol i knew it was a joke thats why i put the little :p at the end :D i love how this all started with our hatred for steve burnside! he brought out the debate within us! :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
N3M3S1S1294;83178 said:
@spike991 lol i knew it was a joke thats why i put the little :p at the end :D i love how this all started with our hatred for steve burnside! he brought out the debate within us! :D

lol, dammit Steve...I guess we all hate him.:) Not really though, he was alright.

@T-Kid, I'm sure the only real reason the OTS camera was added, was because Capcom wanted to do something new. Can you blame them? I mean doing the same thing for so long...it isn't like this is their first attempt at a little change, look at Survivor, CVX, Dead Aim, Survivor 2, the Outbreaks, etc. Even post RE4, with the Chronicles series, Capcom has been iching for something new, and I bet that if the OTS hadn't been as succesful as it were, we probably wouldn't have had it a second time around...without major amendments.

Again, a watered down idea on what happens in the games...

Also, what do you mean they added more "mutant monsters"?

The typewriters in RE4....they were a bit redundant...as a lot of the time I would save, then finish the chapter right after...but having them was nice nonetheless.

Having a partner with you, every waking moment of RE5...was a huge, big, gigantic mistake on Capcom's part. That took away so much from the experience...in many, many ways. I love being able to play cooperatively with a friend, whether it be split-screen or online, but that should be left for minigames like Mercs, or just anything that's not the main game.

galactus

Spike991;83145 said:
@Galactus, I suppose I should follow the pattern and reply in the same order. I think that's a very fair deduction, seeing Lickers, might be a sign, a positive one that some of the older BOWs, might be returning, not because we want old enemies, but because logically, they are better BOWs, and deserve to show up. Not all, but I can pick out a handful of enemies from throughout RE1, 2, 3 & CVX that I would like to return.

I think your interpretation of what previous RE games were about is a little off. They weren't "running around a city shooting zombies", it was much deeper than that, and much more complicated. There was a bigger picture, a larger plot, same with RE4, it isn't just running around a village shooting Ganados. That's not to say we didn't run around a village or a city, and didn't shoot at zombies or ganados at some point though.

There's no way we could go back to Raccoon, it is a hazarddous area, nothing will be able to survive out there for another decade or so...that place is a dump.

But anyway, it adds so much more to the story, more emotional, more personal, knowing that Umbrella basically killed 100,000 people and just an entire city in general. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I also think Claire looked best in RE2. Her hairstyle and everything, it was overlooed and in DSC, it wasn't like it was supposed to be, but without being too picky, I still found it pretty enjoyable. I also agree about Wesker, he was coolest in CVX, but he was ruined right after his RE4 appearance. Ada, her RE2 civillian outfit was the coolest, she had brown hair, etc, but when Capcom went back with UC & DSC, the hair stayed black, like it was in RE4, which messed with the continuity, and they gave her all kinds of gun holsters and tactical gear, thus getting rid of the illusion that she was a civillian...

I don't think the camera has any holding on anything. I think it works great, and well, it isn't such a different experience from the original. I mean, if they put us in a secluded area, like a mansion(kind of like LIN, but alone, and more in that style), it could be OTS yet still play slower, more of an investigative kind of thing. They could let the OTS view be accompanied by the quick-knife & manual reload, yet take out all of the melee attacks, and simply have it put us in an environment that really requires tedious puzzle solving(not that all were, but by RE3 a lot were), looking for keys, etc, and it would be pretty much exactly the same, but because of the aiming, possibly more fun. Well that was much longer than I expected...

Well I think little things like the Typewriter are iconic, and symbolic of the series. I liked the way it was used in RE4, and Outbreak File#2 for that matter, where you didn't need ink ribbons. I never really complained about having to use the ink ribbons, but I wasn't sad to see those go. Door scenes, after awhile it got kind of annoying, but RE4 & RE5 both have loading scenes when certain doors lead to new areas, they could have easily put in a door scene there. Anyway, like I said, there have been tons of little changes, and I think we should have a more optomistic outlook on them...some of them. We shouldn't naively devour every little thing Capcom spews out, but still enjoy, and get over certain little things.

I really think that we have started to figure out what we both dislike about the series, and what would can probably be a little more leniant on don't you think?

Ok Spike I think I will answer your reply in order again:)

about the old enemies returning I agree with you some of the older BOWs were better and I could pick out a few from those games that I would love to see return as well Mr X and Nemesis are 2 of the main ones off the list that spring to mind (as well as hunters etc) I mean wow even El Gigante in RE 4 wasnt as hard to stop as either of those 2 (surprisingly:blink:) and we never really had an enemy that chased us from start to finish of the game in RE 4 and 5 it would be nice to have that in the games again (sort of:lol:)

anyway I think we will see some our old favourite Enemies again at least thats what my gut feeling tells me

about my description of what the previous RE games were about I agree with you it was a little off it was just the shortest version I could think of to describe what it was about that I could think of at the time:lol:

about going back to Racoon city and it being a hazardous dump now oh well I just hope capcom can come up with a new location for the games that is just as good or at least close

about Claire, Ada and Weskers outfits etc glad you agree with me about them Spike nice that:) and I agree with you about wesker being ruined after his appearance in RE 4 I am surprised that capcom started changing him again here and there after RE CV considering how good he was in that game thought he was Awesome in that game but oh well whats done is done I guess

about the camera angles I agree the new camera is Great it definitley makes waliking around and aiming easier thats for sure I have gotten used to the new camera now:) I just think it would be nice to have the option of having the old style camera angles as well though for those that miss the style of the old games not sure if it would be possible to have the option of both though I guess only capcom themselves would know that

about Typewriters and door opening and closing scenes I agree with you about that as well I would like to see those return and agree with you about the ink Ribbons I dont really miss them either capcom can leave them out for me they was a bit of a nuisance at times like if you was about to face something really dangerous like say Nemesis or something and you wanted to save before you fought him but you was out of ink Ribbons it was like nnnoooo I dont want to go out without saving first (few minutes later after deciding that you dont have much choice goes outside) BANG! Nemesis blows up the character you are playing as with his rocket launcher, dies = damn you ink ribbons now I have to go through everthing that I just did again doh! damn it

yep capcom can leave the ink ribbons out of the games for me:lol:

ok and last but not least about figuring out what we both dislike and what we can be more leiniant on in the series I definitely agree I think we are really getting somewhere now:)

N3M3S1S1294;83178 said:
@spike991 lol i knew it was a joke thats why i put the little at the end i love how this all started with our hatred for steve burnside! he brought out the debate within us!

Damn it steve I knew that I should have shot him damn trouble maker oh well get him Nemesis blow him up with your rocket launcher Lol

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The El Gigante was a nice, challenging enemy, I mean it wasn't a cake walk or anything.

The camera, well both work. The only benefit of the OTS that I really like is the ability to aim. They could very well have camera angles, then when you aim, it goes OTS, allowing you to see straight ahead, that would be perfectly satisfactory.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Spike991;83295 said:
The El Gigante was a nice, challenging enemy, I mean it wasn't a cake walk or anything.

The camera, well both work. The only benefit of the OTS that I really like is the ability to aim. They could very well have camera angles, then when you aim, it goes OTS, allowing you to see straight ahead, that would be perfectly satisfactory.

Thats how the beta for RE4 was. It seems like it would have made aiming more difficult. You can see it on youtube. They had decided to add the precision aiming before they decided to switch to the OTS camera.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;83307 said:
Thats how the beta for RE4 was. It seems like it would have made aiming more difficult. You can see it on youtube. They had decided to add the precision aiming before they decided to switch to the OTS camera.

It did have camera angles...although there were parts where the camera was right behind Leon, and following, I might add. It almost seemed like OTS anyway.

Now mixing like it were in the Beta, that could be cool too. There's no reason they can't go back and scrap up a few ideas from a Beta that was several years ago.

It's been awhile since I had seen that, very nice, although I'm pretty glad, what with the whole village location. I loved the rural area in RE4, very nice, although at times it did seem unrealistic, with a small village having a population of like 100,000...

galactus

Spike991;83295 said:

I agree The EL Gigante was a good enemy and was a fair bit of a tough challenge probabely one of the hardest which is why I compared him to Nemesis and Mr X looking at him when I first met him I thought he might chase me through the full game like they did but he didnt surprisingly:blink: having said that though Vudergo (aka salazar's right hand) was a little bit simlar though he did chase Leon a little bit at least until he got smashed to pieces:lol:

and I agree with you about the camera angles and changing to OTS view when you aim I think that would be a great idea:)

I hope capcom picks up on this:cool::)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I feel like the Vertugo could have had a better role. I mean, such an awesome, frightening, deadly enemy. It even had a similar entrance to the Hunter, but most people forgot that...

Most times I was lucky to escape with my life from that fight, and some want to say some bull**** about there being too much ammo...pardon my french.:)

But after a few times I learned to use the Co2 & a rocket, and it fell apart like the T-1000 in T2. Hasta La Vista baby.:)

galactus

:lol:I agree I think Vudergo could have say been like the new Mr X where it chased Leon from start to finish of the game I thought it was the most frightning enemy in that game as well

and about there being to much ammo I agree with you there as well like yeah right I wanted a machine gun with unlimited ammo when I saw Vudergo and some of the other creatures:lol:

figured out how to kill him eventually though:) after dieing loads of times:rolleyes:

Top Bottom