• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Anybody hate steve burnside..

G-Viruse Infectee

The Ashford Twins. We really are twins.
i would like to see steve back, wesker did say he might bring him back, and wasnt that not put in the game for resident evil code x so someone must have thought to bring steve back.

Cyberote

I dislike Steve. His voice and attitude annoy me. Claire's ****ing me off, so let's fire off half a clip of this fully auto awesomeness into the wall over there!

G-Viruse Infectee

Question : Anybody hate steve burnside?

Yes with a passion!
The guy is supposed to be a teenager so why does he look 25 and sound like a 12 yr old?

sorry for that rant but my god, he was annoying! hope he's officially dead, ha:verymad::verymad:

take it your talking about darside cronicals (they gave him steroids in that one, that also explaines his anger) in code veronica i thought he look like a teen.

G-Viruse Infectee

Question : Anybody hate steve burnside?

Plus he declared his love for claire! what he knew the girl for a day and fell in love with her?! he barely spoke to her! most of the converstions were about escaping.. the guy was a freaking knobhead!! i will never play as him in darkside chronicles or maybe i will just so i don't have to look at the guy!

sorry for that rant but my god, he was annoying! hope he's officially dead, ha:verymad::verymad:

sorry should have read the rest can you rember resident evil 2 ada basicly said the same ( i think i have faling in love with you or somthing correct me if i am wrong) and infcteed leon with a kiss.
oh and steve was in prison and 17 unlucky, so you and only guess what he went through.

AsterikeSage

LORD OF THE MANOR XD
I hated him. I just wanted Claire to shoot him in the leg after he ran off when I saved him. Leonardo rip off lol

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
first off he didnt save her from his father, fact is she could have took him, but i mean she's fully equipped and all.
and whats this yellow monster you talk of?
don't forget he almost kills her at the start because he is trigger happy, and then locks himself in the gold luger room, just because he is greedy and has to have the shiny guns, so claire has to save his ass.
leon would be more reliable..fact
Well actually, Claire was trapped under some kind of column, or maybe it was a part of the floor from the second story that they were on, that fell from underneath them, so her bottom half of her body (mostly legs if I remember correctly) was trapped under it, so no, she couldn't have killed him without Steve's "sacrifice." (She was basically defenseless)

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
if it wasn't for Steve. Claire wouldn't be alive and she would've been stuck in that prison for a long time
Well, from what I remember, a guy named Rodrigo Raval let her out of her cell in the very beginning of the game ... And besides, Steve did try to kill her, but only because he thought she was a zombie. :/ Besides, can you blame him? He was just a reckless, teenage boy. You people really shouldn't expect much from a guy like him... Yeah, his voice was pretty firetrucking annoying, but I myself was pretty impressed on what he did to protect the girl that he loved, (I'm sure he saved her more than one or two times), and in the end, he even died protecting her... You people really don't give him any credit, or even respect for what he did for Claire, do you? xD Lol Yeah, I get it, he was suuuper annoying, ran off, and was just just a flat out noob, (at least in the original CVX) but I just respect what a cool and unique character he was, and for CAPCOM to make his 'teenage recklessness/cheesy love for Claire' very accurate for someone his age, (17) XD unlike with what they've done for the storylines of other characters, like turning every character that was 'gone missing/taken by someone' into some kind of agent, or professional...
Yeah it just sounds like the same old "story" they've given to every single other character. RE: "Uhhh they got a little older and joined the government. Good job writing team you guys are getting a raise."

Sekakäyttäjä

I hated him. I just wanted Claire to shoot him in the leg after he ran off when I saved him.

Damn did I enjoy that image. :D

Okay, one more time. Steve was okay character, but the voice is still the most awful ever! (Along with Fayt / Star Ocean 3).

And.....Steve being more reliable than Leon? Alright. You remember how Steve almost slaughtered Claire with his hail of bullets at the beginning of Veronica? And you say that anyone had done it, assuming Claire was a zombie? Alright. Now, let's replace Leon with Steve at the beginning of RE 2.

Claire: "Wait, don't sho...."

Steve: "AAARGGHHH!!"

Another hail of bullets.

Steve: "Sorry, beautiful, I thought you were one of those monsters...."

And there never would have been use for the second disc in RE 2. ^^

Sass-Haunted

I just wonder how people can compare those two each other.
It's kinda like comparing ballerina to a whale, then just say
"Whale, why You don't dance like she does "

At the beginning, Leon was mature and He was a police man. Before he become one,
He needed to go through the training and probably pass all psychological tests to get a job like that.
So, obviously he needed to be calm, logically thinking person with big theoretical knowledge.
Because who needs a cop, who shoots first and thinks later?

Steve was a teenager who had no special training before. Probably He carried a gun first time in his life.
Teenage years are period of rebellion and mistakes. It's very rarely when teenager thinks before he/she do
something. Here works system known as learning on own mistakes.

Psychological aspect is important too. Steve probably hadn't normal family. As we know his father worked
for Umbrella and selling their secrets. Obviously he was too busy to care about his own family.
I guess that Steve was raising only with his mother and used blame his father for having no time for them.
Speculating.
Your family sucks, so You're trying to find friends to feel better with Your all problems, but being redhead
since You were born complicates the situation much more. It's really hard to find people that will accept You
what you are, cause' sadly most of humanity on earth thinks in stereotypical way. You're being back stabbed
by fake friends again, again, again and again and You loose Your trust to any person that exists on this planet.
People who wants to gain it needs to work really really hard to convince a person with this kind of past experiences.

Generally, I like this character.
He's rare example of neutral character in resident evil. Neither good or bad.
I found in his person a lot of similar personality traits.
It's big pity that we don't know much about Steve's life before he get captured.
If it is like I say, I don't get hater either.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Steve, was a good character. His story was good. Yes, sometimes his irrational behavior would make you think to yourself "Wow, dude. You just wasted a full clip. Are you being serious right now?!" But, his character meant well... and his voice is hilarious.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Steve, was a good character. His story was good. Yes, sometimes his irrational behavior would make you think to yourself "Wow, dude. You just wasted a full clip. Are you being serious right now?!" But, his character meant well... and his voice is hilarious.

I get how a lot of people think his voice is annoying, but I actually don't.
Also everybody says he has a Canadian accent... I've never met a Canadian with an accent... And I was born and still (sadly) live in Canada.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Yeah. I don't think his voice is annoying, I actually find it quite amusing when he speaks lol. I often imitate his voice, because it's that funny haha. I didn't know he was Canadian though. By the way, is it freezing up there? I'm from South Texas, so I have no clue what the true definition of cold is.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I get how a lot of people think his voice is annoying, but I actually don't.
Also everybody says he has a Canadian accent... I've never met a Canadian with an accent... And I was born and still (sadly) live in Canada.
What's wrong with living in Canada?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Yeah. I don't think his voice is annoying, I actually find it quite amusing when he speaks lol. I often imitate his voice, because it's that funny haha. I didn't know he was Canadian though. By the way, is it freezing up there? I'm from South Texas, so I have no clue what the true definition of cold is.
Of course it's freezing, it's January.

Top Bottom