• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 A closer look...

NiteKrawler

Spike991;41606 said:
I am not sure on how he expected to do it all, I mean with the rejects that is...

Did he intend for him and the other worthies to go on a hunting raid for failed Uroboros creaturs...:)

lmao. That's what I picture. Maybe he expected the "chosen" to be powerful enough to pwn all of them?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41627 said:
lmao. That's what I picture. Maybe he expected the "chosen" to be powerful enough to pwn all of them?

Seriously...did he plan it out at all, or was he just winging it?:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41632 said:
Seems like another classic villain mistake to me. :) As if he didn't make enough of them to begin with.

I know that Wesker isn't Albert Einstein, but his mistakes are sure pretty stupid...

I mean he decides to leave Umbrella, okay, but he actually tells one of the higher-ups, Sergei,that he is leaving, and entire 24 hours before he even puts his plan into action...then he gets made at Sergei for blocking him out of the mainframe system, via the Red Queen..

NiteKrawler

Spike991;41636 said:
I know that Wesker isn't Albert Einstein, but his mistakes are sure pretty stupid...

I mean he decides to leave Umbrella, okay, but he actually tells one of the higher-ups, Sergei,that he is leaving, and entire 24 hours before he even puts his plan into action...then he gets made at Sergei for blocking him out of the mainframe system, via the Red Queen..

That scene is funny because he knows Sergei did it and that Red Queen only follows orders, yet he gets mad at Red Queen. He even smashed one of her nice little computers.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41637 said:
That scene is funny because he knows Sergei did it and that Red Queen only follows orders, yet he gets mad at Red Queen. He even smashed one of her nice little computers.

Then he tries to sound like Sean Connery(which cannot be done sir), "You will regret this M'lady"...he sounds like he just came from London 1800...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41648 said:
"You will regret this M'lady. I will send my zome-bayzzzzzzzz after you." :)

I don't understand how people can say the new RE's don't have any horror, just listen to Douglas's interpretation of Wesker's voice, it is horrific.:)

NiteKrawler

Spike991;41650 said:
I don't understand how people can say the new RE's don't have any horror, just listen to Douglas's interpretation of Wesker's voice, it is horrific.:)

lol. Did you notice a bit of difference between his UC Wesker and his RE5 Wesker? The UC one seemed to have a bit of a lower, deeper voice.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41651 said:
lol. Did you notice a bit of difference between his UC Wesker and his RE5 Wesker? The UC one seemed to have a bit of a lower, deeper voice.

Not too sure...

I guess by RE5 he realized he didn't have the vocal chords for Waugh's voice.:) He definately put a little more emotion in the RE5 voice, which is really the only plus on his side...but othrwise...

Valentine

Hard To Kill
He said that the only thing that matter was just a hand full of human and apperantly I the majoraty would be rejected.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;41661 said:
Yeah, in UC he was definitely more monotone or laid back or something.

Yeah, they took the idea of Wesker being a calm guy, and overdid it by like over 9000....

In the original it stated that he was looked at as a "cool guy" by others, which was changed to "iceman", so he definately tries not to show emotion, but he didn't always do so.:) In pretty much everything prior to UC...

Spike991;41650 said:

Especially the animalistic growl he makes after snaping Chris' neck in an alternate scene, my gawd. But I think most people are mainly refering to gameplay, you know, stuff jumping through windows and stuff.

It's not entirely his fault, blame Capcom for bad storytelling. I've been disapointed with it since DMC4. (Badstory telling that is.)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I know what people mean when they say RE5 has no horror and stuff, & I sympathize, & I will argue to the end how it does, and make good point and use good examples.:) But that whole statement was a joke on Douglas' voice acting.:)

Also, of course it is Capcom's fault....it comes out as Wesker's stupid mistake, but in the end it was as a result of Capcom...which they have been very lazy recently with RE5, Degeneration and UC....and it would seem DC too...:(

^I fear the Dark Chronicles will suffer the same fate. UC had potential to be a great game. But making it an OTR shooter was ugh. I mean there's like no fun supposedly getting to play as Wesker when you can't even see the damn character your playing as. I mean OTR is ok for some games, but for Resident Evil...nah. Aside from the lame looking game play the added story scenes were neat.

Note: Notice I said ADDED scenes, the remade scenes from old REs were terrible, they changed stuff up too much, and they made Wesker look like more of a strait up asshole than he originally was.

I fear that Dark Chronicles might be the same. On the rails shooter and crappy remade scenes. Lets hope im wrong.

Oh yeah, btw I didn't know that you were joking about Wesker's voice. I thought it was frightning at times...CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSS!!!!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Same here, I fear that too...

Have you noticed all of Capcom's laziness in the game so far? Just from what we have seen in the trailres...I want to point these out as I have not done so on this forum yet....

For Leon they are just reusing his RE4 character model.:( As the knife holster is something he got sometime after RE2, by 2004 at least. So that is a lazy thing for Capcom, that also happens to mess with the continuity, as he probably wouldn't have had it if he hadn't met Claire on that faithful day.
His voice in Paul Mercier, which I liked him as Leon, better than Haddad, but I didn't know if he could pull off a rookie voice, and I think hearing him in the final game will tell us.
Otherwise his hair seems to have been made more of a brown like it was in RE2, which is great, since it was a bit brighter in RE4.
Claire's outfit is very different, most obviously the blue shorts...replacing the pink ones of course. Her hair is supposed to have shorter bangs combed over, as she didn't have them grown out and split in the middle until at least CVX. Otherwise Alyson Court is as amazing as usual, and I guess Capcom has realized that using a totally new cast is just going to screw you over.
Ada is also just lazily being reused from RE4. Her outfit was remade in RE4 Mercs, but altered a bit just because, which isn't a big deal as it was RE4 Mercs, but when Capcom is too lazy to actually remake Ada from RE2 that is when I get ticked off. Her hair style is close enough, but the hair color in RE2 was dark brown, and it was RE4 that it was jet black. Her outfit did not have pannyhose or hight heels, she had little slip-ons and leggings. It sure looks very tactical which is very different from her casual civillian look that she had in RE2.
Sherry looks pretty good, and hopefully her voice in good too. William from the two shots we got of him(one in his 1st mutation & the other in his 3rd one) look great, and I cannot wait to see what he looks like in his human form, hopefully better than the did in UC, and hopefully with a voice actor who didn't just hit puberty. I am most excited for Birkin, so I have my fingers crossed that his voice is either that of Diego Matamores from RE2 or the guy who voiced him in RE0..

I can actually live with their reused modles, aside from the knife holster. Im glad to see that Leon is attractive again, lol I don't know what the hell that creature was in degeneration that happend to have the same name as Leon but gawd no that wasn't him. >< (Birkin's final form looked better than that peice of crap.)

As for Ada's design her outfit is her old RE2 outfit jazzed up, while I don't mind fanservice I do agree that it gets rid of her civilian look, when she looks like a sexy spy. As for hair color, I pretty much loss hope, Capcom just refuse to stay with one hair color, hell even Wesker's hair was a light brown in a couple of RE games.

I wasn't happy to see that Marvin was up against a desk in the main entrance instead of the party room he was soppose to be.

And like you I am also very eager to see William. I hope they give him his RE0 design and voice. He looked and sound great. He was such a wuss and a nervous wreck in UC.

...Le gasp! I just thought about it! We're gonna see a Annette too! Yay! I can't wait to see what she looks like after a graphical update. She was bad ass.

I really REALLY hope they change their minds about making this a first person shooter. Id will most definately be willing to wait the extra time it will take for them to do so. Better to be patient and have them bring us a master peice than to have them rush out a piece of garbage.

That's why a don't understand RE5's terrible rushed story. I mean, this game was in production for 4-5 years and a ****ing booster shoot is all they could come up with for Wesker's defeat?! BULL!!! I've seen one star fics with better ideas than that.

Top Bottom