• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 A closer look...

Valentine

Hard To Kill
WeskerRockets.gif

Did he dodge them? or did they kill him...

NiteKrawler

Nice gif. They definitely smacked him right in the face. I think the way his head dissapears was done by Capcom to give the illusion of his head being blown away. There really only 3 relevant theories for this sequence.

1. Wesker is just plain dead. (most logical)
2. Wesker is supposedly dead, but will come back for some strange reason.
3. Wesker dodged the rockets, which explains how he seems to dissapear there. (totally illogical.)

Only time will tell I suppose! Thanks to Valentine for putting that gif in there as this is the first time I've been able to see a slowed version. :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
tbh it looks like they go right through his head.
but not in a good graphical way.
theres definitely something up there.

A_Wesker123

The Original
I agree with iHadeSsS on this one. The rockets definatly look like they go straight through his head which then dissapears.

Nice Gif Valentine :D

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
it must be a mistake, but from what i see, it looks like a hologram, and they just pass through

Valentine

Hard To Kill
I think the GIF. is a little messed up because when I watched it at home they didn't touch him so the GIF is alittle messy however before they reach him he starts to lean his head forward...

Is something strange going on? His body was strong enough to survive the lava bath so did his pants XD but the head would scatter if he actually was hit. Somthing is defenelty going on.

I think Uroboros is protecting.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
I don't really think they did hit him it would be stupid to make it look like this.
Capcom wants insurance. They made it fuzzy they made us unsure... and here we are discussing which and how. If it was obvious that he died then they apperantly must delete him from ever comming back but now when it's all fuzzy and if they feel like it they can bring him back! Because if they wanted to actually make us think he was 100 % dead we would be having an even closer look, like his head scatter to pieces.

Nosophoros

Either it was a hologram or he moved away from the rockets while they were coming toward him (considering his great speed).

Levan

Polkka. lol
I dunno why but if Wesker lives it'll be a miracle, since the blast of the RPG would definitely kill anyone, and is strong enough to even destroy tanks. Plus, two rockets are fired, which means it's even more deadlier.

But meh, it's the miracle of videogames, you don't really know what to suspect since they can easily go through reality. So, Wesker still has a possible chance to live, Uroboros might be really protecting him, or he could've survived the blast, but only time will tell.

But Wesker is probably one of the best characters out there and if they kill him off like that I'm sure a lot of fans would be disappointed... Including me. :(

NiteKrawler

They seem to go through his head because they do. Capcom probably didn't expect a lot of us to slow the scene down and watch it. Therefore, they made his head disappear so it looked like the rockets took it off at the speed in which it is played. At such a slow speed we can see the technique they used to make it appear that his head was blown off. That's all there is. There's no "conspiracy" that I can see.

Levan

Polkka. lol
We should all blame SHEVA! :verymad:

She was the one who hit him with the rocket launcher, Chris fired but it went over his shoulder(either bad aim or its on purpose, but I believe the latter). :dry:

Oh wait... that's odd. I think they changed positions after they fired. o_o

EDIT: Woops, Chris really was the one who fired the rocket launcher that hit him. Darn you Chris!! :(

Kellyrose

Valentine;41180 said:
I don't really think they did hit him it would be stupid to make it look like this.
Capcom wants insurance. They made it fuzzy they made us unsure... and here we are discussing which and how. If it was obvious that he died then they apperantly must delete him from ever comming back but now when it's all fuzzy and if they feel like it they can bring him back! Because if they wanted to actually make us think he was 100 % dead we would be having an even closer look, like his head scatter to pieces.

I agree with this.
It could obviously go either way, but I think Capcom made it unclear on purpose. They are probably gauging fan reactions and if they feel that bringing him back would help the series, they can do that because of a dubious ending. If not, well he died in the volcano.

weskerfan

if you noticed,the front of the rockets went through his head.
this is a glitch.

i believe that wesker ducked his head down and doged them.

not nly that,but if the missled did not glitch and DID hit his head,then they would have blown up on contact.
but this did not happen.

SO im assuming they went PAST him,there fore he must have doged his head in time.

and his head dissapearing instead of ducking,was also a glitch.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well Wesker's powers granted him the ability to see and react to things fasster than a normal human, so I believe he did dodge the rockets by nearly moving his head, which looked a little strange, but the rockets didn't make direct contact with him.:)

But it doesn't change the fact that they exploded right next to him, whicih the splash damage alone would do some good harm, but then being in lava, there is some more, and not being able to inject himself with PG37...he is a gonner.:)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
ResidentZelda;41248 said:
C'mon Wesker has super-ultra non-human speed so he could have dodged that one really easy

Didn't I say that?

"I believe he did dodge the rockets by nearly moving his head"

I said that he did dodge them,and even explained why...:)

weskerfan

i dont think he would die by not injecting the virus.
he would only die if he injected TOO MUCH.
for if i didnt inject it enough,then he would lose his powers.
would not die.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
weskerfan;41253 said:
i dont think he would die by not injecting the virus.
he would only die if he injected TOO MUCH.
for if i didnt inject it enough,then he would lose his powers.
would not die.

Very good, as losing your powers would not immediately make you die, but then let us all look at the big picture, he was standing in lava, he was also in a volcano...and if he is still in the lava I doubt he would be standing in it as a regular human anymore, would be like Gollum and the Ring....

And even if his powers were infinite....how long would he actually last in the lava?(just a simple question, hopefully not one that will overmarginalize the obvious stuff put in the paragraph above).:)

weskerfan

i think the virus made him invincible.
think about it...it kicks in after he dies by bringing him back to life.
after being killed by tyrant.

Top Bottom