• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Confirmed for 2015

ToCool74

Veteran Member
My thoughts were much the same. Though not so much uncomfortable as ready to choke Capcom for failing to age her. And, as a reminder to everyone:
Resident_Evil_3_Epilogue_3_Barry_Burton_zps218442b4.jpg

I'm posting that because I've already seen people elsewhere call Barry having a daughter an asspull.

Something is off about it for sure, the character in that trailer that is supposed to be Barry's daughter looks to be pretty darn young, like almost a teenager young. and considering this game takes place between the timeframe of RE5 and RE6 and the last picture we had of what supposedly would be her 11 years prior to RE5 and 15 years before RE6 and looking to be 10 to 12 year old girl it would stand to reason that she should be either in her mid twenties or late 20s by the time this game takes place.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I was wondering the same thing, how could Claire and Moira know each other and/or why are they in this together, but then several possibilities came to my mind, all of which stem from the fact that we have little to no information regarding what Claire and Barry (and by extension, his daughters) have been up to since Raccoon City. Here's a couple of ideas:

1) Moira is another member of TerraSave. This in turn would pave the way for several possibilities; for example, either TerraSave is the target of a conspiracy and whoever is behind it kidnaps its agents on purpose, or TerraSave itself is evil and Claire and Moira know too much.
2) Chris is the target, and kidnapping his sister and the daughter of his former best friend (and who knows whoever else) is a way to lure him into a trap. The one behind this is likely someone who has a personal history with him, like Jessica, and it would make sense to make her the main villain because this game is a continuation of Revelations, but since Capcom stated that Chris won't appear, it's rather unlikely.
3) Moira is secretly the villain, and the abduction of Claire and the events afterwards, while seemingly random, have been carefully orchestrated to reach a specific goal. This is a Revelations game after all, and considering its predecessor and what we've already been told about it being full of twists and secrets and all that, it's possible.
4) The connection is Sherry, who lived in the same place and went to the same school as one, if not both of Barry's daughters. The RE universe is a small one, after all. Moira looks at least five years younger than Sherry, so they probably weren't classmates, but we don't know who is who in Barry's family photo, so she might be the smaller one while her older sister (Polly) was Sherry's friend and/or classmate.
5) For all we know, Claire could even have been friends with Barry and babysitting his daughters when they were younger.
6) Claire and Moira don't know each other at all, but meet by chance. Except for games that begin as BSAA missions, that is usually the case in RE.

As for the rest, about the story and timeline placement and all that, we just have to wait. We usually don't learn a lot about these things before the game comes out anyway.

I could understand why they would probably know each other, it was said that Barry was a family friend to the Redfields which is why he got Chris involved with S.T.A.R.S. so that would make him pretty close. I just find this situation odd because why them two? Especially since Moira is just being included out of the blue. I also don't get what connection this game could have to the last one considering the characters.

I like the second scenario a lot even though it's unlikely like you pointed out. I've just always liked the idea of having modern Chris interact with Claire so that we could see the type of bond they share because he's clearly not the same guy from Code Veronica anymore and I also don't believe that Claire could just disappear and Chris be okay with it. You know, now that I think about it, Barry and Chris should definitely be in this game to some capacity at least.

I know it's too early to judge but this is just my first impression, like I said before, I just feel like I need some clarification. The trailer wasn't much and there is so much wrong with this series at this point that I don't want it to become even more complicated. Also, I feel dumb. The timeline placement was revealed. It takes place between 5 and 6. Oh, and I wonder if that little girl in the trailer was Moira.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Something is off about it for sure, the character in that trailer that is supposed to be Barry's daughter looks to be pretty darn young, like almost a teenager young. and considering this game takes place between the timeframe of RE5 and RE6 and the last picture we had of what supposedly would be her 11 years prior to RE5 and 15 years before RE6 and looking to be 10 to 12 year old girl it would stand to reason that she should be either in her mid twenties or late 20s by the time this game takes place.

Moira could indeed be only in her late teens or early twenties if she was born around 1990 as the RE-Wiki suggests and Revelations 2 takes place between 5 and 6 (2010-2012). I don't know which last picture you're referring to, but both girls in the photo Barry drops in REmake look between six and nine, and we don't know if Moira is the older or the younger sister (probably the latter).

I like the second scenario a lot even though it's unlikely like you pointed out. I've just always liked the idea of having modern Chris interact with Claire so that we could see the type of bond they share because he's clearly not the same guy from Code Veronica anymore and I also don't believe that Claire could just disappear and Chris be okay with it. You know, now that I think about it, Barry and Chris should definitely be in this game to some capacity at least.

I'm actually in love with my second scenario. Besides what we already said, it would also be a convenient opportunity to include several known characters without having to rely on coincidences. Like, if they all just happened to run into each other on that island, it would be rather odd, but if they were all abducted and brought together because of Chris, it would make sense. And Chris has quite a few friends at that time (for example Rebecca, Sheva and Piers) who could be abducted. Also, a scenario like that would be begging for an unlockable campaign featuring Chris and Barry on their quest to save their girls... But it's not meant to happen, unfortunately.

Oh, and I wonder if that little girl in the trailer was Moira.

I think Moira is the woman seen talking to Barry in the background, the one I assumed to be Rebecca at first. But if she's also/instead the little girl, that is most likely just a metaphor for something.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Moira could indeed be only in her late teens or early twenties if she was born around 1990 as the RE-Wiki suggests and Revelations 2 takes place between 5 and 6 (2010-2012). I don't know which last picture you're referring to, but both girls in the photo Barry drops in REmake look between six and nine, and we don't know if Moira is the older or the younger sister (probably the latter).

Nah the one next to the mother is almost as tall as the mother, she looks to be around 12 or 13, and the one in barry's lap looks to be around 9 or 10.

And yes that is the last picture I am referring to.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Oh! Then I think you're actually referring to Barry's epilogue from RE3 that you quoted from Daburcor's post.

I was talking about this one.

barrysfamiliedkkq6.jpg

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Oh! Then I think you're actually referring to Barry's epilogue from RE3 that you quoted from Daburcor's post.

I was talking about this one.

barrysfamiliedkkq6.jpg

Yea that pictures looks to be old, the one I quoted looks be one that was taken during the events of RE3.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I knew Claire was gonna be in this :) Still Barry's daughter seems interesting, when I first saw her I thought she was a younger than RE6 Sherry back with Claire.

But still I like what I'm seeing so far, I'll still be keeping my eye on it.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
This game looks awesome so far. It's great that Claire is coming back, and having enjoyed Revelations, I'm hoping that some of the unresolved mysteries from Revelations will be addressed. I'm officially excited for this game, but I also hope that they don't reveal too much about it before it actually comes out. I want to keep some of the mystery for when I play it, but I can't resist spoilers if they release them. :p

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I've been thinking; We clearly see Barry talking to Moira early on in the teaser, then as the scene turns to the infected, it appears to be the same actor fighting them off. This, of course leads me to believe that, if this game shifts focus like the first Revelations, we'll be switching to Barry as our male protagonist. So, I'm wondering... what if the only reason they're changing the VAs in the REmakester is so Barry's voice will match?

wayne

I've been thinking; We clearly see Barry talking to Moira early on in the teaser, then as the scene turns to the infected, it appears to be the same actor fighting them off. This, of course leads me to believe that, if this game shifts focus like the first Revelations, we'll be switching to Barry as our male protagonist. So, I'm wondering... what if the only reason they're changing the VAs in the REmakester is so Barry's voice will match?
There changing the voices in the remake? Since when i thought it was the voice actors from the gamecube remake

Turo602

The King of Kings

Yeah... Who said anything about changing the VAs?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I saw it a few places over the last few days, and now that I'm looking for it, I can't seem to find it. It's starting to **** me off a bit, to be quite honest... I can't just be losing my mind. XD

Turo602

The King of Kings
I saw it a few places over the last few days, and now that I'm looking for it, I can't seem to find it. It's starting to **** me off a bit, to be quite honest... I can't just be losing my mind. XD

You know they have shown a trailer of the game already, right? They sound exactly the same.

wayne

I just read online that they said there going to use new professional voice actors apparently they announed it at tgs

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I wouldn't really mind, as I didn't like any of the REmake voices in particular (not that they were bad, but not outstandingly great either). Now I would mind if they recast Claire for Revelations 2, because Alyson Court has always provided her voice, but REmake is a different case because Chris and Jill didn't have their current voices anyway (and they wouldn't be fitting either, at least not in Chris's case) and Barry and Rebecca are (so far) one-off characters who haven't appeared anymore ever since.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I'm officially excited for this game, but I also hope that they don't reveal too much about it before it actually comes out. I want to keep some of the mystery for when I play it, but I can't resist spoilers if they release them. :p

Yes, This! RE6 had way too many spoilers in the trailers to the point that you could almost work out the whole plot. Hopefully they'll hold most of the spoilery stuff back for the Revelations 2 trailers because I'm the same, I can't resist spoilers.

Top Bottom