• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Confirmed for 2015

TJay

Premium
I found a synopsis on the ps4 Playstation Store that says
'Terror follows you every step of the way as the startling truths hidden behind a veil of treachery and deceit are uncovered'
It's not much but I thought I would post it anyway. I wonder what it could be referring to.

Perhaps Terra Save are connected with Umbrella somehow.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Claire's VA could still be called in for the part because Alyson is only the "voice", in Degeneration Claire was mo capped by someone else and Alyson Court just voiced Claire, just like how Chris is voiced by Roger Craig Smith and mo capped by Reuben Langdon and Wesker by DC Douglas and Ken Lally.

This got me thinking about what one of my all time favorite voice actors Jon St John, the voice of Duke Nukem said about him working on DNF.

JSJ said he wasn't even contacted for the voice recording until a mere month in a half I think it was before the game was announced.

EDIT: That also works as clever marketing, getting the VAs to state they haven't been contacted and therefore get people talking and speculating.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
But if Claire is indeed the main character and Alyson is supposed to voice her, but hasn't been contacted yet (assuming she's not lying)... Who will voice Claire in the trailer/teaser/demo/gameplay footage/whatever they're going to show in Tokyo in two weeks? Of course, it could be another vague "little girl" trailer like the one we already have, but that would be lame. We already got a confirmation that Revelations 2 is real, now it's time for a decent trailer or some real ingame footage, and that might be difficult without the voice of the main character.

Perhaps Terra Save are connected with Umbrella somehow.

No, not again! The RPD was secretly involved with Umbrella, Tricell was secretly involved with Umbrella, the FBC was secretly evil, even the government (Simmons) was secretly evil, and I don't remember exactly what the deal with WilPharma was in Degeneration, but also something like that... Please not another organisation that claims to be good until it turns out that the boss is connected to the bad guys somehow, it's getting repetitive.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I remember the first Degeneration trailer, it just showed shots of Leon and Claire, no voices though, same thing could happen here.

For the DNF teasers back in 98, 01 and such JSJ only needed to phone in his lines, Court could do the same for a few teasers in a few days, plus JSJ even denied being in an upcoming game that he actually is in fact in, so maybe Alyson Court is in fact denying her involvement to keep fans speculating at the demand of Capcom.
Recasting Claire is a terrible terrible decision.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
My hope is that even Capcom isn't dumb enough to recast such an iconic role. I mean, she is the only person to ever officially play Claire, is she not? I don't know that they want to turn away the fans so swiftly.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yes, Alyson Court has been the one and only Claire since day one, which also makes Claire the only character of her kind. Just look at the others: Chris has been voiced by the same guy for the last three games, but there have been at least three other voices in the past, Leon has had just as many voice actors as there are games with him (not sure about the animated movies), I think Jill and Wesker were never voiced by the same actors twice, and Ada's original actress has also been replaced for the newest games, even though I can't really tell the difference. So Claire is the only recurring character who has always had the same voice no matter what, and it would be a shame to lose that.

TJay

Premium
No, not again! The RPD was secretly involved with Umbrella, Tricell was secretly involved with Umbrella, the FBC was secretly evil, even the government (Simmons) was secretly evil, and I don't remember exactly what the deal with WilPharma was in Degeneration, but also something like that... Please not another organisation that claims to be good until it turns out that the boss is connected to the bad guys somehow, it's getting repetitive.

I agree it's repetitive & very predictable but possible. Obviously hoping for something a bit more original though.

Details emerge. Plot hints in the trailer, "Resident Evil" island, and more.

Source

Very interesting link. The thing with the bracelets is intriguing. Also very interesting it's zombies and not ooze (so far).

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Leon has had just as many voice actors as there are games with him (not sure about the animated movies),
To clarify about the animated movies, Leon was voiced by Paul Mercier in Degeneration (same actor who played him in RE4) and Matthew Mercer in Damnation (same actor who played him in RE6). They're the only voice actors to have ever played Leon twice.

Which reminds me, with Revelations 2 being the next major mainline RE game, I wonder if it will have an animated companion movie like RE5/RE6 did with Degeneration/Damnation. I know the first Revelations didn't get one, but that was initially released on 3DS and thus wasn't considered as significant. But with Rev 2 releasing on almost all platforms, it could possibly warrant another animated film :D

Turo602

The King of Kings
To clarify about the animated movies, Leon was voiced by Paul Mercier in Degeneration (same actor who played him in RE4) and Matthew Mercer in Damnation (same actor who played him in RE6). They're the only voice actors to have ever played Leon twice.

Paul Mercier also voiced Leon in The Darkside Chronicles, so that makes him the only voice actor to portray Leon 3 times.

Which reminds me, with Revelations 2 being the next major mainline RE game, I wonder if it will have an animated companion movie like RE5/RE6 did with Degeneration/Damnation. I know the first Revelations didn't get one, but that was initially released on 3DS and thus wasn't considered as significant. But with Rev 2 releasing on almost all platforms, it could possibly warrant another animated film :D

I wouldn't call it the next "major mainline" game, so I don't see why it would need another animated film to accompany it. If they were to be working on another one, which doesn't seem likely, it would follow Resident Evil 7, not a sequel to a side series.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
HAI GUYS
tumblr_nbhi4pKF0L1rbfzxpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbhi4pKF0L1rbfzxpo3_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbhi4pKF0L1rbfzxpo2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbhi4pKF0L1rbfzxpo4_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbhi4pKF0L1rbfzxpo5_r1_500.jpg

and here's the link with details to the game.

http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/pla...irst-screenshots-claire-redfield-burton-more/

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I got so uncomfortable because I thought Barry's daughter was Rebecca and I was like 'She looks like a baby. This is a 34 year old woman. I am very uncomfortable.' LOL

Gar Bageman

My thoughts were much the same. Though not so much uncomfortable as ready to choke Capcom for failing to age her. And, as a reminder to everyone:
Resident_Evil_3_Epilogue_3_Barry_Burton_zps218442b4.jpg

I'm posting that because I've already seen people elsewhere call Barry having a daughter an asspull.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Aaaannd the hype train continues!

Glad Claire's back (just as expected) and for some reason I honestly didn't expect Barry's daughter to become a character. It's a nice throwback though. Anyway, I'm loving the way it's sounding from what I read in that article. It sounds like they developed a nice cooperative dynamic that works well for keeping it survival horror. I look forward to seeing more about what these "Afflicted" can do. I'm starting to think they'll be introducing a new virus to accompany the new enemies as well.

Gar Bageman

I notice that each woman is wearing one of the bracelets in these pics:
tumblr_nbhi4pKF0L1rbfzxpo3_r1_500.jpg
tumblr_nbhi4pKF0L1rbfzxpo5_r1_500.jpg

I wonder if, on top of our normal health meter, we'll have to also monitor infection. Or, perhaps we won't have a health meter at all and will have to pay attention to the bracelet!

Turo602

The King of Kings
While I'm excited to have Claire back and the inclusion of Barry's daughter is rather... interesting, I still remain skeptical. At this point, I'm looking forward to going back to the series' roots and I don't know if I can trust Capcom to do that. Revelations was good for a handheld experience but the console ports just helped highlight how bland it really was. These details and images don't really do it for me either. Co-op sounds sketchy, Claire being combat focused sounds bad, and while I understand that these are terrible quality images, it doesn't really look as good as RE6 or RE5 for that matter. It also doesn't help how lost I feel with this game. I don't understand the combination of characters, the timeline placement, what the story is, how the game will function, or if it's actuallly survival horror. Hopefully TGS will offer much more clarification and get me excited because this tidbit of information just doesn't do it for me given the state the franchise is in at the moment.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't understand the combination of characters.

I was wondering the same thing, how could Claire and Moira know each other and/or why are they in this together, but then several possibilities came to my mind, all of which stem from the fact that we have little to no information regarding what Claire and Barry (and by extension, his daughters) have been up to since Raccoon City. Here's a couple of ideas:

1) Moira is another member of TerraSave. This in turn would pave the way for several possibilities; for example, either TerraSave is the target of a conspiracy and whoever is behind it kidnaps its agents on purpose, or TerraSave itself is evil and Claire and Moira know too much.
2) Chris is the target, and kidnapping his sister and the daughter of his former best friend (and who knows whoever else) is a way to lure him into a trap. The one behind this is likely someone who has a personal history with him, like Jessica, and it would make sense to make her the main villain because this game is a continuation of Revelations, but since Capcom stated that Chris won't appear, it's rather unlikely.
3) Moira is secretly the villain, and the abduction of Claire and the events afterwards, while seemingly random, have been carefully orchestrated to reach a specific goal. This is a Revelations game after all, and considering its predecessor and what we've already been told about it being full of twists and secrets and all that, it's possible.
4) The connection is Sherry, who lived in the same place and went to the same school as one, if not both of Barry's daughters. The RE universe is a small one, after all. Moira looks at least five years younger than Sherry, so they probably weren't classmates, but we don't know who is who in Barry's family photo, so she might be the smaller one while her older sister (Polly) was Sherry's friend and/or classmate.
5) For all we know, Claire could even have been friends with Barry and babysitting his daughters when they were younger.
6) Claire and Moira don't know each other at all, but meet by chance. Except for games that begin as BSAA missions, that is usually the case in RE.

As for the rest, about the story and timeline placement and all that, we just have to wait. We usually don't learn a lot about these things before the game comes out anyway.

Top Bottom