• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Confirmed for 2015

wayne

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
It was stated by Kawata that Chris and Jill will NOT be the main characters (WOO HOO!!) so it being Claire is pretty likely, I just hope to god it's not another Co Op game, let us play as Claire and Claire alone.

wayne

I know it must be about claire but the way revelations was split up between different characters jill could still be in it just not as the main character or possibly sherry could be in it too id love to see claire with sherry again all grown up but like i said if you look on thats guys shirt it says terrasave so its gotta star claire :) but i dont want no co op either i want it to be her alone having a partner makes it less scary in my opinion

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think I'm gonna die!! Claire is back, Zombies are back, from the look of the trailer and concept art it'll have more horror elements... I'm so happy. I really hope she'll still be voiced by Alyson Court. Now if Capcom is trolling us and Claire isn't in it, I will hate them forever.
I wonder what those weird armbands are, do they go red if they're infected?

We're getting two resident evil games early next year guys!! so exited!!

Last edited:

bruno

Chief Researcher
Nice :p
Really looks like Capcom will go back to survival horror with this.
Can you guys spot Rachel among the crowd?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Can you guys spot Rachel among the crowd?

Fooouuund heeeer!

Now it's time to speculate, I suppose. Chris and Jill won't be in it, so maybe Claire's partner (provided she's the main character, but with TerraSaved involved, anything else would be a crime on Capcom's part) will be Leon? Think about it: Almost two decades ago, RE1 starred Chris and Jill, RE2 introduced Leon and Claire. Now, Revelations 1 had Chris and Jill again, so it wouldn't be far-fetched to see Leon and Claire in the sequel.

Not that I wish for that, though. Most of you probably know my opinion on Leon by now.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Fooouuund heeeer!

Now it's time to speculate, I suppose. Chris and Jill won't be in it, so maybe Claire's partner (provided she's the main character, but with TerraSaved involved, anything else would be a crime on Capcom's part) will be Leon? Think about it: Almost two decades ago, RE1 starred Chris and Jill, RE2 introduced Leon and Claire. Now, Revelations 1 had Chris and Jill again, so it wouldn't be far-fetched to see Leon and Claire in the sequel.

Not that I wish for that, though. Most of you probably know my opinion on Leon by now.

If the main character is indeed Claire, I guess she would have a new partner, just as Jill had Parker.
Chris had a secondary role in Revelations, Leon might get something similar...

There will be a playable demo during Tokio Game Show 2014, which starts September 18.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
All kinds of YES for this game! I absolutely loved the first one, and the story was left wide open for sequels.

As people have been quick to point out, the TerraSave shirt suggests that Claire will most likely be the main protagonist. If you ask me, it's about time my favorite RE lady returns. The last time we saw her in canon was Degeneration, which seems like so long ago now.

Also, the infection bracelets seem like an interesting concept. I'm wondering if that has become a standard-issue civilian accessory at this point in time. In a world where bioterrorism is such a looming threat, you would think something like that would have been required by law sooner. I'm also wondering if it will tie into the gameplay somehow. Perhaps you can get infected and your bracelet will slowly fade from green to red unless you cure yourself with a blue herb or something. Anyway, that's just my speculation, I feel like I'm rambling in text now XD

Regardless, this trailer has me hyped, and I'm looking forward to getting more information :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Since the concept art we saw earlier suggests that the game might be set in some kind of prison, I assumed the bracelets had something to do with that. Like in those police or spy shows, where criminals or suspects are sometimes forced to wear bracelets that sound an alarm if they stray too far from a specific perimeter. Perhaps an experiment has been conducted in the prison, one that made it necessary to take certain precautions, so the bracelets were adapted accordingly. Why it looks like they're having a party in the trailer I don't know.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the music is an alteration of Revelations 1's main theme? (At least I think it's the main theme, it might as well be the track from the weapon selection screen or something... It's been a while since I last played it.)

MetalGamer2

Survivor
By the way, did anyone else notice that the music is an alteration of Revelations 1's main theme? (At least I think it's the main theme, it might as well be the track from the weapon selection screen or something... It's been a while since I last played it.)

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It's the same melody as the song from the main menu but slightly altered, as you mentioned. This new version sounded perfect for the trailer. It made me start reminiscing about the first game almost immediately.

Also, upon rewatching, I noticed a picture of a ship in the background. I'm willing to bet it's supposed to be the Queen Zenobia.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Was just about to post this haha! Looks like the location for the game is on an island in the middle of the ocean just like code veronica.

It also says 'A Capcom survival horror experience'. YAY!

Yes, looks like an island... I think they want to keep the sea theme from Revelations...
Survivor was also in an island, as well as parts of Dead Aim and 4.
And yeah, thank god they consider it survival horror... love the references in the trailer like the old-style door animation, the green herb, the "Itchy Tasty", the Umbrella, etc.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
So it looks like it might be a survival horror taking place in a prison on an isolated island with Claire and zombies.

Wait a minute........

Last edited:
Top Bottom