• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Confirmed for 2015

ToriJ

Resident Critic
Unless it's getting a world-wide release early 2015 I wouldn't worry about this. They probably didn't contact her because they're not ready to localize it yet. Although, I think I'm one of the few people who's skeptical about Claire being in it anyway. I think some are just seeing what they want to see and setting themselves up for disappointment.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
While I find this a little unsettling (plus it wouldn't make sense to cast a new actress if Alyson Court is obviously willing to return), I'd still rather have a Claire with a "different" voice than no Claire at all. I put "different" in quotation marks because they also changed Ada's voice for RE6 and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. In fact, I thought it was the same voice as in RE2 and 4 until I saw a different name in the credits.

But after all, even though it seems likely, we still don't know if Claire is actually going to be in the game, so we'll just have to wait and see.

TJay

Premium
I'm really excited for this game. I'm kind of glad Revelations is becoming a series in it's own right.

I guess a lot of questions will be answered after the demo is shown at Tokyo Games Show.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I guess a lot of questions will be answered after the demo is shown at Tokyo Games Show.

And even more will be brought up. But that's fine, I'm sure the prospect of a new game and all its mysteries will liven things up around here. I only hope it will do so in a good way... I can't take another disappointment after Sims 4 and the new Tomb Raider! (And frankly, the new Silent Hill looks boring as hell.)

TJay

Premium
And even more will be brought up. But that's fine, I'm sure the prospect of a new game and all its mysteries will liven things up around here. I only hope it will do so in a good way... I can't take another disappointment after Sims 4 and the new Tomb Raider! (And frankly, the new Silent Hill looks boring as hell.)

Does it? That's a shame, I try not to look too much at a game I'm interested in, casually - so all I've seen of that is the trailer with people screaming.

Yes, I'm sure the new game will liven up the forum. I'm very curious to know about the release date, seeing as both this and REmake HD are due early 2015 & the timeline of the game, in terms of continuity.

It would be nice if Ada Wong had a starring role.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, then I won't spoil you with anything I've seen and my reasons to find the new Silent Hill boring, but most fans think differently anyway, so mine is probably an unpopular opinion (as usual).

Speaking of unpopular opinions, here's another: I only want Ada in Revelations 2 if Leon isn't there. Just to see if it is even possible for Capcom to make a game with her that doesn't require his presence as well. Also, it would be cool to have Jill in the game (possibly as Claire's partner) without Chris, but it has already been said that neither Chris nor Jill will appear, so that won't happen any time soon.

TJay

Premium
Well, then I won't spoil you with anything I've seen and my reasons to find the new Silent Hill boring, but most fans think differently anyway, so mine is probably an unpopular opinion (as usual).

Speaking of unpopular opinions, here's another: I only want Ada in Revelations 2 if Leon isn't there. Just to see if it is even possible for Capcom to make a game with her that doesn't require his presence as well. Also, it would be cool to have Jill in the game (possibly as Claire's partner) without Chris, but it has already been said that neither Chris nor Jill will appear, so that won't happen any time soon.

That is a fantastic idea & kind of what I was getting at too. It would be so good to see her as a main character in her own right. I do think there is scope for an Ada centered game. Perhaps partnered with Claire. Although it's more likely if those 2 are ever in a game together again, it'd be separate scenarios that cross paths.

As much as I like him, I really hope Leon is no where near this game. Would be interesting if they brought Bruce back though or some other underused character.

Reactions: Hel

wayne

Claire must be in it otherwise why would they tease terrasave on that guys shirt and claire is the only one we know that works for terrasave.... maybe they have just changed her voice maybe because her characters getting older? I really hope shes in it i dont want no completly new character and when fans have been begging capcom for claire it would be stupid not to have her, would the voice acting even have begun yet?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, Capcom doesn't usually listen to begging fans. Begging fans didn't bring Barry or Rebecca back, and it took them long enough to convince Capcom to reintroduce Sherry. As for Claire, fans have been begging for her return for a decade and only now is it (possibly) happening. So I wouldn't rely on that.

By the way, Alyson Court is a couple of years older than Claire herself, so the character getting older wouldn't be a reason to substitute the voice actress unless the next game is set in a distant future.

I do think there is scope for an Ada centered game. Perhaps partnered with Claire.

That would be an odd couple, but it might just work. Personally, I'd rather like to see Claire with Sherry or Chris or Piers or all of them.

wayne

And see thats where capcom goes wrong because they dont listen to their fans but seeing terrasave just makes me think claire must be in it either alyson has to keep quiet or they have changed her voice but we all know claire to be in terrasave and now everyones thinking shes going to be in it but if it turns out shes not then capcom really just dont care why make us think shes in it by teasing the terrasave logo and then shes not even in it im just hoping that she is

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I know, I never thought of not listening to the fans as a good thing either. (Except for some weird requests like reviving Wesker a third time, putting Hunk in every game or making Chris and Jill an official couple... That's when I usually realise that sometimes it's just better not to listen.) Anyway, I hope you're right. I'm actually quite sure we will at least get to see Claire, even if she's not the main character. Does anyone know when that Tokyo game presentation is supposed to take place?

wayne

Im pretty sure it starts on the 18th and same guess we will find out soon enough but think about nothing else is known about the game right now its all a mystery so alyson probably does have to keep quiet even tho she says she isnt trolling and that shed never do that im pretty sure that voice actors have said the same thing in the past and it turns out that they are actually in the game

TJay

Premium
I'm thinking Claire probably IS in the game - there was all that talk of Enhanced Veronica & a sequel for Revelations starring Claire for so long. One thing I learned from this forum recently, is not to dismiss rumors so easily.

They've either not used Alyson, or she's not recorded it yet. Age wouldn't really be a factor. Somebody I know in voice acting reckons there's still be time for the part to be recorded though. So Alyson could still be called. I don't think it's that she can't say, given her wording. If there was an embargo I think she'd just not comment & I don't think there is seeing as Xbox had official artwork displayed & the game is now officially announced.

It might be nice to have a fresh take on Claire anyway.

Turo602

The King of Kings
(And frankly, the new Silent Hill looks boring as hell.)

Well, we haven't really seen what Silent Hills looks like. The teaser demo was not an indication of the final product and was purposely made to look like an indie game to not spoil the Silent Hill surprise. There's still even a possibility that the game will be in third person like previous entries.

About Revelations 2, I'm sure some of us have already made connections to that whole "Enhanced Veronica" thing from a while back which is quite interesting. The logical side of me wants to say it's a coincidence but maybe the game was actually leaked sooner than we previously anticipated?... Though I'd like to point out that Capcom has considered Tomb Raider inspiration for the direction the series should head in. So maybe the island setting was inspired from that game? Which by the way, I think is a great setting for a horror game. Can't get anymore isolated than an island in the middle of nowhere with a creepy looking prison.

As for Alyson Court, not that I'm saying Claire is in the game, but she could be lying. Hypothetically, if she has or is currently doing voice work for this game, I'm sure she has a confidentiality agreement with Capcom. Either that or she's just not in the game at all or has been replaced.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, we haven't really seen what Silent Hills looks like. The teaser demo was not an indication of the final product and was purposely made to look like an indie game to not spoil the Silent Hill surprise. There's still even a possibility that the game will be in third person like previous entries.

I can't reply to this properly without spoiling, so let's just say: I hope you are right about the demo not representing the final product, because the gameplay looks rather tedious to me, no matter the perspective, and that puzzle? Way too elaborate for the average player, whether he's into puzzles or not. More than one or two like that in the final game might just kill the fun.

But back to Resident Evil Revelations 2: New concept art has been published on Facebook, showing the island and a prison. Could it be that the prison is located in what might have been a church before?

reconceptart1u0pda.jpg

reconceptart2ldobq.jpg

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm really loving the look of this game. The locations themselves so far give off a sense of mystery rather than the generic lifeless locations of recent games. Hopefully this island/prison can take us back to the roots of Resident Evil settings and give us some insight into the island's history and occupants through in-game files like before. I would even like to see this be taken a step further by having the files act like a subplot, a side story you follow throughout the course of the game that eventually unfolds and ties in with the plot. Much like REmake with George and Lisa Trevor.

Reactions: Jen

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
The first concept picture looks a little like Rockford island, & That second concept picture looks like the area from the lost in nightmares dlc

Either way they both looks like great areas

Reactions: Jen

MetalGamer2

Survivor
The new concept arts look awesome. I've heard a lot of people commenting that the location is reminiscent of Rockfort Island, which is completely understandable, but that new artwork kinda gives the impression that this will still have its own unique look and feel.

Also, speaking of Code Veronica, this game is under the Revelations subtitle, and big reveals/plot twists were an integral part of the first game. Regardless of whether Claire ends up in the final product, I wonder if we'll get any continuation of some of the CV storyline. Wesker hinting at Steve's revival at the end of the game always made me hopeful that the story will be revisited, but more than a decade has passed and it seems to have been forgotten. It's like the only thing Capcom remembered about that game was Wesker's return (which they completely capitalized on).

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I found a synopsis on the ps4 Playstation Store that says
'Terror follows you every step of the way as the startling truths hidden behind a veil of treachery and deceit are uncovered'
It's not much but I thought I would post it anyway. I wonder what it could be referring to.

Top Bottom