• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Confirmed for 2015

RedPanda

4x the awesome
It turns out Resident Evil Revelations 2 won't have online co-op and won't be connected to the first Revelations. :(

Source
That's actually a relief to me, not in the sense that I'm glad that it's not online, but that it confirms offline co-op. Raid mode was online co-op only which made me afraid this game would be the same way, so I'm glad to hear it's not. I'm in the minority that prefers offline co-op to the online trend gaming has taken, but that is still upsetting for people who were expecting online play.

Turo602

The King of Kings
That's actually a relief to me, not in the sense that I'm glad that it's not online, but that it confirms offline co-op. Raid mode was online co-op only which made me afraid this game would be the same way, so I'm glad to hear it's not. I'm in the minority that prefers offline co-op to the online trend gaming has taken, but that is still upsetting for people who were expecting online play.

Well, the option to have both would be nice, but to be honest, I think co-op in this game is just awful. Playing as Moira is a good example of why it sucks to be player 2. You're just an aid to player 1 which is more than likely why online play got cut. It's just not worth the experience. I'd much rather play by myself and switch between the two and get the full experience. Though I really hope they have other modes that can be played online.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It turns out Resident Evil Revelations 2 won't have online co-op and won't be connected to the first Revelations. :(

Source
The lack of online co-op doesn't really bother me, to be honest. And I reckon we will have some other kind of online mode. What does bother me is that none of the loose ends in Revelations will be addressed. Now we've got yet more unresolved issues to add to the ones from other games. I was hoping that the Revelations games would become a series running alongside the main games that actually had a continuous story. I'm a little disappointed that that won't be the case.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I read this news yesterday, and while I don't really care about the co-op options because I don't have any other PC RE gamers to play with anyway, I wonder what's the point. If it is possible for two people to play this game together, why not offer the possibility to do it online as well? Would it really mean that much more work for the developers?

What bothers me more is the missing connection to the first Revelations. That means we probably won't learn what happened to Jessica or Raymond or the T-Abyss virus. Why even call it Revelations 2 then? To attract fans of the first one? It looks like Capcom is totally unable to give fans what they want (in this case, Claire's return) without also disappointing them in some other way at the same time.

A piece of good news for me is that Moira won't be merely a supporting character in single player as you can actually switch between her and Claire. I still wonder what's the deal with her being immortal, though, or rather the statement that "only Claire's death will cause a Game Over".

Reactions: Jen

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The idea of no online Co op sounds good to me, but Co op in general may still be there which will still affect the tension if this is going to be a survival horror game.
Revelations was linked to Resident Evil 5's story so maybe Revelations 2 will link to RE6 which is why they are not connected to each other, who knows? Capcom has always sucked at story telling, but I don't really care as gameplay is priority 1 for me, so this game better be top notch, still I'm with Hel, I gots ta know what the deal is with only Claire's death causing a Game Over, I'm getting a bad David Cage vibe here.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I'm ok with only having offline play because that's the way I played through RE5 and 6 with my sister. I also think that the partner zapping in single player is a nice throwback to RE0 and I think it worked pretty well in that game.

It is a bit strange that there is no connection to Revelations, but then again how much of a connection is there between RE3 and RE4, and RE4 and RE5. The sequels never really have that much in familiar story wise anyway.

I found a couple of Demo game play videos on youtube. Here's one of them.

Looks awesome :D

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Now, after watching the full concept trailer twice, I finally found the Jill sandwich reference myself. Yay!

That woman in the white suit who we see from behind shortly before the party turns undead seems suspicious. She was in the original trailer as well, but just for a second or so, and we couldn't see her face. Now we do see a little of it, she's looking in the direction of the zombies and the scene changes just when the little girl runs past her. Remember: "Evil is watching." Could she be the villain?

Revelations was linked to Resident Evil 5's story.

How? I only recall the reference to Jill's fate at the end of Revelations 1, but other than that I don't see any connection to RE5.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed to hear about the lack of online coop. I'm just moving into my college dorms and I was planning on playing this coop with my sister back home. Looks like that's out of the question now :(

But on a side note, this really caught my attention:
I read this news yesterday, and while I don't really care about the co-op options because I don't have any other PC RE gamers to play with anyway
Wait, you're a PC RE gamer?!! I was beginning to think I was the only one. The lone ranger. The sole survivor. The last of my kind. Turns out, there's you too :D

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Wait, you're a PC RE gamer?!! I was beginning to think I was the only one. The lone ranger. The sole survivor. The last of my kind. Turns out, there's you too :D

Yay, welcome to the club! My Steam ID is "Grumpy Blowfish" in case you want to add me.
There was yet another PC player on this forum (Albert), but he hasn't been around lately.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think the game looks great but I'm still disappointed that there's no connection to the first one. Who knows though, maybe we're complaining about nothing and this is only a further set up of what's to come in the future. Maybe both games could be resolved with a third entry that brings both casts together? Anyway, I really hope this doesn't turn out to be another watered down survival horror game. From what I'm seeing and hearing, it looks like the characters move really fast, controls are troublesome, and that it's more gore than scary. I seriously hope this isn't the case with the final product.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
You're not alone, I'm a PC RE player too :)

@Hel
Yeah that was the connection I was talking about, it takes place before RE5 so since Revelations 2 takes place before RE6 we may get a glimpse of RE6 at the end of Rev2, but who knows?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
You're not alone, I'm a PC RE player too :)

Getting RE2 and RE3 on PC was actually the cheapest way for me to buy them. Either pay 39.99 for Resident Evil 2 on PlayStation 1, easily twice that for RE2 on GameCube... or 7.99 for Resident Evil 2: Platinum.
Hmm...

DarkJackal

I don't see why there's no connection? RE2 was connected to 1 even. I wish RE could have a continuous story with an ending ¬.¬.

Also disappointing in the coop, especially when offline is available >.>. It may not be fun enough for people to play as Moira online? Well thats a great design of the game already >.>.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Aarrrgghhh! Claire sounds exactly like Helena from Re6, I'm sorry but this is ruining this game for me. That's not Claire anymore :(

Top Bottom