• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Confirmed for 2015

wayne

Aarrrgghhh! Claire sounds exactly like Helena from Re6, I'm sorry but this is ruining this game for me. That's not Claire anymore :(
I know :( why is it so hard to keep the same voice actor? Claire is not claire now alyson is what brought her to life they still have time to change it though

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I just watched the video, and whether or not that woman sounds like Helena is open to dispute, but she definitely doesn't sound like Claire. I'm disappointed. Bringing Claire back without Alyson Court as her voice somehow feels like they're only bringing half of the character back.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Aarrrgghhh! Claire sounds exactly like Helena from Re6, I'm sorry but this is ruining this game for me. That's not Claire anymore :(
I'm sorry something so superficial has begun ruining a game that isn't due to be released until next year.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I'm sorry but Claire Redfield is my favourite video game character ever, so I think I am entitled to feel this way. Alyson Court is Claire Redfield, there has been no other and now Capcom have just gone and replaced her without even asking her if she wanted to reprise her role, she loves Claire just as much as the rest of us. Not to mention that this woman sounds nothing like her, a lot of Claire's character was in her voice and now it's different. I still would have been sad if they replaced her and got someone that sounded like her, but at least it would of kept the image of who Claire Redfield is.
As you can see, I'm not the only person who feels like this.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah, I hate when characters with defining voices get replaced. Like Sam Fisher and Big Boss. Their voices were a big part of who they were and without it, it's just not the same character. I know if they go ahead and replace Roger Craig Smith as Chris I'd be disappointed.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm sorry something so superficial has begun ruining a game that isn't due to be released until next year.

I could turn this around and ask: After finally fulfilling a request that people have been making for the last ten years or so, why does Capcom let "something so superficial" as a character's voice get in the way of pleasing their fans if they could just do so by hiring the original voice actress? But a character's voice is not something superficial. It's not an unimportant detail either, it's part of what makes the character.

I don't really mind the voice changes in most of the other cases, because...
- Ada's and Wesker's several voices at least sound similar enough. As I said before at some point, I didn't even notice Ada's voice actress being replaced until I saw a new name in the credits.
- Chris's personality and looks have changed a lot over time, so his original voice(s) wouldn't be fitting for his new appearance, and his current voice wouldn't have been fitting for the skinny little twink he was back in 1998.
- Leon has a new personality in every game he appears in, so he might as well have a new voice. For example, RE2 Leon and his RE4 counterpart seem like two different people to me.
- Sherry has grown up in between her two games (although why they didn't have her voice actress from Darkside return to voice her in RE6 and let her voice a different character in the same game instead is a mystery to me).

But Claire has stayed the same for ages, and her voice actress is even a fan of the character and the game. There was no need to change her voice, yet they did, and the new one doesn't sound at all like the old one. So unless there's something going on behind the curtain of Capcom's relationship with Alyson Court that we aren't aware of, replacing Alyson was definitely one of the poorer choices they've made for this upcoming game so far.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah, I hate when characters with defining voices get replaced. Like Sam Fisher and Big Boss. Their voices were a big part of who they were and without it, it's just not the same character. I know if they go ahead and replace Roger Craig Smith as Chris I'd be disappointed.
Isn't it weird how Roger Craig Smith sounds nothing like the Chris Redfield the series started with but he very quickly became the Chris Redfield we identify with? Brilliant casting!

As for Claire, I'm very disappointed that Alyson Court isn't reprising her role. The only character who has had the same voice the entire time and they just recast her without an explanation; it's disheartening.

I am hoping that this game helps me remember why I used to like Claire as a child, though. Over time her appearances just became...'meh'. (In Degeneration it was like she was thrown in there just for the heck of it.) Here's hoping to a Resi future with Claire in it serving a purpose!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Do you want me to torrent your games Capcom?

Claire was the only main character left that I was excited to see return, besides Barry of course, Court's voice combined with Claire's personality made her such an awesome character, also Turo I agree with you about Sam Fisher, which is another reason why Blacklist sucks ass and swallows.
Michael Ironside made Fisher the great character he was, now he's not only replaced with a new voice, but the voice is the most boring and generic voice I've ever heard, the Big Boss voice however I can live with because Big Boss and Solid Snake are too different characters and Big Boss was voiced by someone else in MGS4 and it worked then.

But now Claire? Who's next? Are we gonna have Mario's voice actor replaced by Gilbert Gottfried?

EDIT: F**K!!!!! I just saw this video after I posted this.
@1:39

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Rumour has it the retail version of Revelations 2 might be released on March 31st next year. If this is true, the episodes will probably come on March 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th.

Source

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Rumour has it the retail version of Revelations 2 might be released on March 31st next year. If this is true, the episodes will probably come on March 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th.

Source

If that's the case, then I wonder what was the meaning behind the clocks in the teaser? Because many were speculating it to be the release date (2/7 - February 7th)

Turo602

The King of Kings
So I just saw an old thread from April last year called "Tyrant Steve" revived on the front page and it just gave me an idea for this game that would be really cool. What if this island is somehow connected to Albert Wesker? I say this because I got the image of a mutated and experimented on Steve in my head and I thought it would be a really cool way to give the character closure while giving us a glimpse of what other things Wesker has worked on between Code Veronica and his death. I think it's a rather interesting idea since it makes the nightmare more personal for Claire, knowing Steve's horrific fate and having to kill him again. I also feel that the island being connected to Wesker is a great way of giving Wesker a presence while still keeping him dead. Almost like Jigsaw from the SAW movies. It's just a random idea that popped into my head, what do you guys think?

Also, I got some news. It's kind of old, but Raid mode is back and we'll "almost certainly see" familiar faces in Revelations 2. The game is also supposedly driven by what Capcom thinks the fans want, for example, we wanted Claire, survival horror, so boom we get it. Which means there could be other surprises down the line.

Source

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Don't know about Steve (although it would be cool), but I'm almost certain the events from Code Veronica will be brought up in one way or another. After all, this title was rumoured to be called "Enhanced Veronica" before it was announced as Revelations 2. (Unless "Enhanced Veronica" refers to yet another game to be announced soon, but that seems unlikely now.)
It's kind of old, but Raid mode is back and we'll "almost certainly see" familiar faces in Revelations 2. The game is also supposedly driven by what Capcom thinks the fans want, for example, we wanted Claire, survival horror, so boom we get it. Which means there could be other surprises down the line.
I agree. I only hope these "familiar faces" and other things we've been asking for actually make sense in the context of the game and will not be thrown in randomly just to please fans, if you know what I mean.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Don't know about Steve (although it would be cool), but I'm almost certain the events from Code Veronica will be brought up in one way or another. After all, this title was rumoured to be called "Enhanced Veronica" before it was announced as Revelations 2. (Unless "Enhanced Veronica" refers to yet another game to be announced soon, but that seems unlikely now.)

I don't know, I think Enhanced Veronica might have just been fake.

I agree. I only hope these "familiar faces" and other things we've been asking for actually make sense in the context of the game and will not be thrown in randomly just to please fans, if you know what I mean.

lol, imagine if it just turns out to be Raid mode characters. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing some extra characters make it into Raide mode. I know I didn't give a damn for most of the boring characters included in the first one. They were better off putting Leon or Tofu instead. I actually really hope Tofu makes a comeback. XD

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, that would kind of suck, wouldn't it? I mean, if they add Rebecca as Rape Mode-only character, that wouldn't be too bad, but if they did this with all the returning familiar faces, including Barry... no. Barry, at least, has to be in the main game! Except if he turns out to be dead, of course. They did mention a tragedy in the Burton family after all, and the guys at Rely on Horror suspect it might have something to do with Moira's sister, but who knows...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah, that would kind of suck, wouldn't it? I mean, if they add Rebecca as Rape Mode-only character, that wouldn't be too bad, but if they did this with all the returning familiar faces, including Barry... no. Barry, at least, has to be in the main game! Except if he turns out to be dead, of course. They did mention a tragedy in the Burton family after all, and the guys at Rely on Horror suspect it might have something to do with Moira's sister, but who knows...

Barry most definitely needs to be in the campaign. After all, the game needs a helicopter ending. :p

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think that the 'tragedy' that they are talking about is probably just being kidnepped by Weskers people during RE1, but I guess it could be something else.

Yeah, Barry should definitely be in the campaign whether he is playable or not. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise, especially because we saw him twice in the concept trailer thing.

I also have a feeling that we could probably see Steve again, or at least find out something about him. This game is called Revelations after all, and Steve is one thing from Claire's past that we're not exactly sure what happened with him, especially after the Darkside Chronicles.

Top Bottom