• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Worth playing?

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Ive watched several You tube videos showing people playing this game and it seems pretty good. ;)

So i wanted to ask you "RE game experts", is it worth the money?

bruno

Chief Researcher
RE3 is more than 10 years old, so it hasn't got great graphics and action, etc. The game mechanics are like RE1(original) and 2.
Besides that, i think it's a great game and, if you really like RE, you have to play it. It's a great gaming experience, you travel through the streets of Raccoon City, which has been turned into a hell, full of terrifying creatures, especially one that won't quit following you around.
I reccomend you to give it a try.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think that all the 'mainstream' games are important to understanding the series as a whole. So, definitely 0-5 and Code Veronica.

RE 3 is a pretty interesting addition. As Bruno has said, it a bit old and outdated, so you can pick it up pretty cheap. I think I got my version for PC for like, five bucks or something. So, it's worth it.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Just wanted to inform you all:

I have started playing RE 3: Nemesis and i REALLY like it this far. :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
you shouldn;t get stuck in RE3, its all very basic...
a few puzzles make you scratch your head, but give it a minute and you'll have it figured.

Hoady

Its on computer?I didn't even know that i can get it now.:lol:What a glorious day.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Hoady;35559 said:
Its on computer?I didn't even know that i can get it now.:lol:What a glorious day.

Yep, it's on PC. I'm not sure if it'll work on Vista though, but it's dirt cheap anyway. You even get some of the 'unlockables' at the beginning of the game, aha.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I might get RE3 as well. :)
What version (PC, PS2, GC etc) has the best graphics/sound on this game? Are they all the same?
Hmmm I might go for PS2 anyway, because I like the Dualshock 2 controller.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Lol, you're going for all the ones featuring Miss Valentine, aren't you Romero, haha. :p

I can't help you there, I've only played the PC version. It's pretty good, but the controls suck.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Busted.

No seriously, I didn't know which one of the girls are featured in RE3.
(Ooooh did you say Valentine? I can't wait! :lol: :p )

I can't have a version with sucky controls. It's gonna be the PS2 then.

What about the camera angles?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Romero;37956 said:
Busted.

No seriously, I didn't know which one of the girls are featured in RE3.
(Ooooh did you say Valentine? I can't wait! :lol: :p )

I can't have a version with sucky controls. It's gonna be the PS2 then.

What about the camera angles?

Yep, this is the one of her running around in that blue tube top and miniskirt, haha.

The camera angles are fixed, as most of them are before RE 4. They're not too bad though.

Trinity

RE3's a classic :) ,and one of my favourites. You'd be missing a lot if you didn't try it... My advice is to take the PS version.. Then again I don't know whether the PC version has some "save game" benefits comparing to the PS version.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It has a legendary boss (Nemesis), I reckon. I don't know if Nemesis is a she/he/it, but is this boss really making the game?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yes, Nemesis is pretty frightening. He pops up unexpectedly, can dodge bullets, and follows you from room to room. He's definitely one of the more memorable RE bosses, I've found.

Top Bottom