• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Aw heck no. This is what I was afraid of. Rev2 is not an excuse to shelf Claire for another 10 years. I mean, even after Rev2, she's still more underused than a lot of others, Jill even. Plus, unlike Chris, Jill, Ada, and increasingly Leon, she actually has a personality, which I for one happen to like in a protagonist. I could understand if people wanted a completely new set of characters, but for those who don't want her but want other classic characters, that hardly counts as an appearance by Claire. I mean, you all saw her character model. That alone should be proof that Rev2 isn't the same as the numbered titles. Please don't convince Capcom that we've seen enough of her, because we haven't, especially not her actual character (sorry I love Rev2 I really do, but she was just off. It'd be one thing if she was just like older looking or something, but she looked like a conpletely different person). Claire fanboy out. Peace

BadWolf

All About Video Game Challenges
I forgot before, but Hunk would be wonderful, maybe create his game or a mini-game(but I think he deserves a full game) while creating RE2: Remake? You are building everything, just build it a little bit different for Hunk.

TJay

Premium
No Chris! - I think all the reasons for this have been stated already but I wasn't much of a fan in the first place & I can't fathom why he's used so much or why they turned him into the Hulk.

No Leon! - I love Leon & can TOTALLY see why he is used so much. But he needs to take a holiday.

No newbies! - We have a plethora of characters that have been shelved or under-used for some time. There is absolutely no need to bring anybody else into the franchise at this point & complicate the story further.

I would love to see Ada featured as a main character & be there totally unrelated to Leon.

I would also like to see more of Sherry, it would be nice if RE7 was actually a continuation of RE6 & I think she'd be the most suitable character to carry the story. But it's more likely she'd be used in a spin off.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Okay, I think Jake and Sherry should return. Jill, obviously. Rebecca too, since this CGI movie coming out may be an attempt to rebuild hype for her character. Claire and Moira, even if they aren't the main characters, they should be the support. Also it would be nice to see an onscreen reunion of Claire and Sherry.

I could go either way for Chris and Leon. And maybe Ada.

I wouldn't say no to seeing Helena again.

This game should definitely shed some light on the Family and Neo-Umbrella. Maybe they're trying to hunt down Alex Wesker before she tries to end the world (again) like Albert tried to.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So how do people feel about the rumors about William Birkin returning in some shape or form? Honestly, if the rumors are true then I would think it's just a flash back or recorded footage. There is no way he survived the events of RE2, and I don't see him being a villain on his own. Sure a lot could change but I think that if he were to return. It would be for revelations to develop the story forward.

BadWolf

If in flashback, recording, documents etc. Then sure, I'm up for it, always looking forward to things like that. If in person or a clone or something, then God please no. That would be very lazy and bad writing.

TJay

Premium
So how do people feel about the rumors about William Birkin returning in some shape or form? Honestly, if the rumors are true then I would think it's just a flash back or recorded footage. There is no way he survived the events of RE2, and I don't see him being a villain on his own. Sure a lot could change but I think that if he were to return. It would be for revelations to develop the story forward.

Unless they change those events slightly in the upcoming remake. I have no issue with him coming back, the RE2 story and characters are my favorites. But I'd rather he was back for a Revelations title (if they are containing those?), perhaps focusing on Sherry before RE6.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
If in flashback, recording, documents etc. Then sure, I'm up for it, always looking forward to things like that. If in person or a clone or something, then God please no. That would be very lazy and bad writing.

He's such an unexplored character with rich history. I just really don't want to see him become a "pure" villain. I really like his tragic case. He would really add to Sherry's story and perhaps we can learn more about Anette. I wonder if William's success with of the G-Virus with Sherry will attract Alex Wesker. I mean.... immortality, right?

BadWolf

Unless they change those events slightly in the upcoming remake. I have no issue with him coming back, the RE2 story and characters are my favorites. But I'd rather he was back for a Revelations title (if they are containing those?), perhaps focusing on Sherry before RE6.

Maybe Sherry suffers from some mental illness (not bat**** crazy) and sees her father? You know, like a trauma. I don't know if that's RE formula, but they lost their way long ago, so who knows.

BadWolf

He's such an unexplored character with rich history. I just really don't want to see him become a "pure" villain. I really like his tragic case. He would really add to Sherry's story and perhaps we can learn more about Anette. I wonder if William's success with of the G-Virus with Sherry will attract Alex Wesker. I mean.... immortality, right?

Same, I just don't want him brought back in a bad way, if they can make a good and strong plot, then sure. But don't be like "he had part of his DNA in a bottle so wosh, here he comes"

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't see Sherry going mental. Mind you she's been isolated her whole life but she seemed alright in RE6. Not exactly the strongest mentally but she was determined. A lot like Claire in RE2, but more.... innocent like.

TJay

Premium
Maybe Sherry suffers from some mental illness (not bat**** crazy) and sees her father? You know, like a trauma. I don't know if that's RE formula, but they lost their way long ago, so who knows.

That could totally work - I'd love that. Post traumatic stress related hallucinations.

But knowing Capcom, William, will have been living in the Raccoon City sewer system all this time living on zombie rats & has finally gained enough strength to go after Sherry to try & impregnate her again.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
That could totally work - I'd love that. Post traumatic stress related hallucinations.

But knowing Capcom, William, will have been living in the Raccoon City sewer system all this time living on zombie rats & has finally gained enough strength to go after Sherry to try & impregnate her again.

For some reason I don't see him going after Sherry. I mean.... he was desperate and needed more time and acted in desperation. I don't see him hating her....

Nuckelavee

Wannabe zombies? Are you people crazy? Infected are original, zombies are done a millions times and they get boring, old an cheap.

And btw, in my mythology list of monsters, the zombies are the weakest link, even a child could kill a zombie army, because they aren't a threat at all.

I want more infected please, they freak me out!

And i'm sick of Nemesis-like enemies, Tyrants, I don't want them in Resident Evil 7, I want It/U-3 to return, much freakier! So to get ontopic, no Nemesis.

And while I like Leon, he's too ugly for me, I like Chris better, but I hope this game will be about a less known character like Billy Coen or Ada.

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
actually I know cloning William would be very cliche and boring... However now that the c virus exist I do suppose I could see some former umbrella employ wanting to bring him back to life and...... ya.... I mean that would be meh because that has already been done in RE 6. Oh speaking of RE 6 I finally got that done on Pro mode.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I agree. Zombies are so cliché now. I was very disappointed to see them in RE6. Very slow, dumb, and not a challenge at any point.

@Dr.Slaughter
There's rumors that William Birkin will be in RE7. I doubt it and I think the reports are mistaken for RE2 remake. But, there is a theory that he is still alive. His character is based on Darwinism. It's possible he absorbed the energy instead of being disintegrated by it. There was a interesting theory on it online somewhere, and it actually did make sense. If a single cell survived, he could have grown stronger from the radiation. Or be unaffected by it like a cockroach. I can't really explain it well and it sounds non-sensical coming from me. But it was a really interesting read. If I find it again, I'll be sure to save it.

Seeing him again would be fully dependant on returning to Raccoon City. I highly doubt he left it xD Who knows, maybe he grew and consumed it as a giant goo creature. Remember William is dead by his 2nd mutation. Only G remains.

Nuckelavee

Birkin? THe evolution horror? While I don't really dislike him, I hope this is not true, I rather see some new original monsters like this Nuckelavee monster from Scottish Mythology:

Nuckelavee 1

Nuckelavee 2

Nuckelavee 3

Nuckelavee 4

There are a lot freaky mythology monsters out there that could turn into B.O.W's, like Yara-Ma-Yha-Who, Ahuizotl, Popobawa and many more.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Birkin? THe evolution horror? While I don't really dislike him, I hope this is not true, I rather see some new original monsters like this Nuckelavee monster from Scottish Mythology:

Nuckelavee 1

Nuckelavee 2

Nuckelavee 3

Nuckelavee 4

There are a lot freaky mythology monsters out there that could turn into B.O.W's, like Yara-Ma-Yha-Who, Ahuizotl, Popobawa and many more.

I agree. I think there are even creeper things than that, that could be used. As far as G. goes. It would really just be a resolution for the story. I'd be cool with it if it words out well.

Nuckelavee

Aswang's, Manananggal, Penanggalen, Bal Bal and such Philippine horror undead that can separate from their own body-parts are also freaky and awesome for resident evil, but there is already a grey creature that can do that in 6.

Top Bottom