• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think its just weird for me to get used to a more dynamic storytelling in RE , I'm used to the more isolated stories with 1-4 and it surprised me just how much people on this forum really like the approach capcom is going with the story for more current RE titles

Oh I love it, but as I stated before. I love complex stories. The story of RE6 actually saved the game for me. The old games had a good story as well, in fact they were still deep and complex. Under the surface with all the documents and backstory, lies a very complex plot.

meg5493

Oh I love it, but as I stated before. I love complex stories. The story of RE6 actually saved the game for me. The old games had a good story as well, in fact they were still deep and complex. Under the surface with all the documents and backstory, lies a very complex plot.
Its very rich in lore true i guess i don't like how "big" RE is getting 6 was too much traveling around i liked the dumb puzzles RE used to have

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Its very rich in lore true i guess i don't like how "big" RE is getting 6 was too much traveling around i liked the dumb puzzles RE used to have

Resident Evil got bloated once RE4 came out the door and gave us a 7 year time gap. CVX certainly expanded the scope of the story big time, as did RE2. Actually, not everything from RE2 has been tied up yet. So the only game that was small was the first RE. Even then it was rich in lore.

meg5493

Resident Evil got bloated once RE4 came out the door and gave us a 7 year time gap. CVX certainly expanded the scope of the story big time, as did RE2. Actually, not everything from RE2 has been tied up yet. So the only game that was small was the first RE. Even then it was rich in lore.
CVX was big but it still felt small like the other older titles RE1 is definitely the smallest I think with 4 and 5 going to multiple big maps is what i meant by RE being so big now. And what parts of 2 haven't been tied up yet? Im curious

Airaku

Stray Jedi
CVX was big but it still felt small like the other older titles RE1 is definitely the smallest I think with 4 and 5 going to multiple big maps is what i meant by RE being so big now. And what parts of 2 haven't been tied up yet? Im curious

Ada's true intentions, Umbrella's rival company. Though it really could have been Tri-cell, or became Tri-Cell after Mikami left. One of the main writers of the series passed away in 2005. Tri-Cell may have very well been planned after Mikami took over RE4. The problem is... I don't think Capcom knows what to do with Ada. He was more of Sugimura and Mikami's character. No wonder she was so dull in RE6. RE2 set some things up that are still questionable today. We can speculate that it's one thing, but it may not be. It's a bit of a headache really.

meg5493

Yeah alot of stuff was pointing to Tri-cell especially after the ending to degeneration. Ada was a much more likable character to me in 2 when she actually had emotion. The organization mentioned it 4 and Revelations, which is probably neo umbrella now?? Stuff was let open for later games but now that Mikami's gone its gonna be a whole lot different then what it was supposed to be originally.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Neo-Umbrella is its own thing. I highly doubt that it was in the books before RE6 was in development and the stupid Carla story. There is a small chance about The Family... but I doubt it. There was a rumor about The Family and the original Umbrella having some sort of relationship. Perhaps there was a conspiracy going on. One rumor was that RE7 would see a protagonist return to Raccoon City and discover a dark secret. A Family facility was underneath the Umbrella laboratory. I would suppose that only Lord Spencer would have known about this.

It doesn't help that this picture really adds fuel to the fire. Yes I do believe that is Jill and Chris on the left. I am almost certain without a doubt that it is Natalia on the right. This concept art is old and predates the reveal of Revelations 2. So perhaps Alex, should she have been the intended, or still is the intended villain for RE7. May have known about it as well. Spencer seemed to trust her unconditionally as she was his favorite. Hell... she knew about the African facility. Almost no one else did. Correct me if I'm wrong but... didn't Albert find it on his own terms?

re7.jpg

Cross

Oldschool Gamer
Jill and/or Carlos. And if that happens, I hope that they dont use that crappy look they gave her in revelations. That was awful.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
haha its not that its bad.. Its just that for me it doenst feel like Jill.. at all. Its more Lara Croft than Jill.

This is the true look of Jill Valentine for me <3:

jill.png

Bad answer. THIS is the real Jill Valentine to me :3 <3

latest
latest
jill_valentine_keyboxart_160w.jpg

To be fair, I do like the Lost in Nightmares Jill but her Revelations version is my 3rd favorite. I don't get the hate. She's very much Jill with her personality, something that LiN and RE5 failed at. Ugh... her personality is a 180 after you free her in RE5.... her flirty remarks don't fit her very well. She was really cool the first play through of RE5, because she was a bad ass (not quite RE3 bad ass, but close enough).

The ONLY problem with Jill in Revelations is that her face is too wide. If it were to be a bit more narrow, it would look just as much like Jill as ever!

Here's a slightly fixed version of Jill Valentine <3 in Revelations.

155qhc2.jpg

They made my baby a bit too wide. They did the same in ORC as well. Did she go on a fast food spree while working out or some ****? =O

Cross

Oldschool Gamer
Bad answer. THIS is the real Jill Valentine to me :3 <3

Haha I can see we share a common passion bro:horde:. But time passes, you know?

Even though the old ones are awesome, they represent a younger Jill. The RE5 look seems to be the oldest Jill we ever saw, thats why I take it for the true one. And because Revelations changed her too much (Its a spin off design, after all).

And, the visual from RE5 is clearly inspired from REmake, which also inspired UC. So we are good :D

At least Revelations is a great game hehe

P.S.: Only talking about looks here:happy:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Haha I can see we share a common passion bro:horde:. But time passes, you know?

Even though the old ones are awesome, they represent a younger Jill. The RE5 look seems to be the oldest Jill we ever saw, thats why I take it for the true one. And because Revelations changed her too much (Its a spin off design, after all).

And, the visual from RE5 is clearly inspired from REmake, which also inspired UC. So we are good :D

At least Revelations is a great game hehe

P.S.: Only talking about looks here:happy:

Damn rights *hi-5*

I think the RE5 Jill looks the most difference. Did the fix for the Revelations Jill make any difference for you? Just a curious question.

I am a little confused on how you consider the Revelations game a spin off? They are main cannon and equal to the main numbered titles. There are two differences that categorizes them.

1) All of the Resident Evil numbered titles take place with in a year or two of their real world release.

2) Revelations games bridge time gaps between the games. Because of the above rule. Revelations would need to be called Resident Evil 4.5 and Revelations 2 Resident Evil 5.5

3) The Revelations games are on a smaller budget but take less risks and are targeted more to their hardcore fans.

The third one is a moot point, but still valid in terms of development. I am kind of sick on consistently explaining this. A quick Google search will give you some explanation. A little lazy to get more sources atm because I just did a **** ton of that in a Mass Effect discussion -_-

Cross

Oldschool Gamer
Damn rights *hi-5*

I think the RE5 Jill looks the most difference. Did the fix for the Revelations Jill make any difference for you? Just a curious question.

I am a little confused on how you consider the Revelations game a spin off? They are main cannon and equal to the main numbered titles. There are two differences that categorizes them.

1) All of the Resident Evil numbered titles take place with in a year or two of their real world release.

2) Revelations games bridge time gaps between the games. Because of the above rule. Revelations would need to be called Resident Evil 4.5 and Revelations 2 Resident Evil 5.5

3) The Revelations games are on a smaller budget but take less risks and are targeted more to their hardcore fans.

The third one is a moot point, but still valid in terms of development. I am kind of sick on consistently explaining this. A quick Google search will give you some explanation. A little lazy to get more sources atm because I just did a **** ton of that in a Mass Effect discussion -_-

Haha the fix for the Rev look helps a lot, its way better than the original Rev look (y).

Revelations had a spin off design at the beginning of production, and it's story was later considered cannon. The story is cannon, but the design is not. That's what I meant to say :D

And, did you saaaid Mass Effect? I can't express how much I love that franchise :horde:.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Haha the fix for the Rev look helps a lot, its way better than the original Rev look (y).

Revelations had a spin off design at the beginning of production, and it's story was later considered cannon. The story is cannon, but the design is not. That's what I meant to say :D

And, did you saaaid Mass Effect? I can't express how much I love that franchise :horde:.

Now I'm really confused. The design as true to it's roots as it possibly can be. It takes the RE4 style and combines it with the original and it's atmosphere. In this sense.... RE5 and especially RE6 are spin offs. That's a really silly notion to make. I assume that the intentions from the beginning was to combine the two best elements together. Which is why it's (the 3DS version) is considered to be one of the best games in the series. The 3DS version and the console version are very different and loses so many aspects. IGN even gave the console version 7.5/10 and the 3DS version 8.5/10.

Yes, yes! I did say Mass Effect :p Please tell me that you played all 3 games. We can't be friends if you didn't! jk jk! :p

Cross

Oldschool Gamer
Now I'm really confused.
You got me wrong, thats all. Let me try and clarify what I wanted to say.

Revelations was meant to be spin off prior to release. As it made huge success, it was ported for other platforms and made canon. Only this. So the design is spin off, because it was meant to be an exclusive, but the story was later made canon. :)

'bout Mass Effect, I can't tell anymore how many hours I've spent replaying the three games, reading books/comics. Looking forward to Andromeda ;)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You got me wrong, thats all. Let me try and clarify what I wanted to say.

Revelations was meant to be spin off prior to release. As it made huge success, it was ported for other platforms and made canon. Only this. So the design is spin off, because it was meant to be an exclusive, but the story was later made canon. :)

'bout Mass Effect, I can't tell anymore how many hours I've spent replaying the three games, reading books/comics. Looking forward to Andromeda ;)

I get what you mean now. I'm not sure if it was meant to be a spin off, but I can see your point. In a way the story stood on it's own, but then again so does RE4 and RE6. Though anyone who says Revelations 2 is a spin off is crazy xD

Oh god! I only played the game once each and still... you had no idea how OCD I was. I talked to EVERYONE and explored everything. I **** you not when I say I mined EVERY planet in the game in ME2 until there was nothing left. I promise you that if you went to each planet in my game, EVERYTHING is flatlined and then some. This includes all the DLC. **** BioWare btw for making the DLC systems have so many planets to mine. I absolutely HATED the mining system. I hated it, yet I had to obsessively do it.

The exploration in the first Mass Effect was a amazing. I can't understand why people hated the Mako then, it was so easy to use :/ Unfortunately the reality is that it was cut from Mass Effect 2 because too many players had troubles driving the Mako and some players complained that it was too hard to complete Feros. Many people actually gave up at that point. So the ****ty call was made.

PS. There is only one class in the whole game anyways. If you're not a Vanguard. You're not playing "Mass Effect" LMAO!

PSS. The graphic novels are great. Very vital to the lore as the game leaves intentional blanks for them. They are 100% necessary to understanding the full story. As for the novels..... well that's the one thing I haven't dug into. I've heard they are rather... contradictory at points. Especially with "Evolution" which is VERY important to the lore. People that don't read that miss out on a very vital event and origins story for both Saren and Jack Harper (The Illusive Man). I've heard the Kai Lang stuff in the novels is pretty AAA stuff.

Last edited:

Cross

Oldschool Gamer
Oh god! I only played the game once each and still

haha nice. Hopefully, all Rev games will now be canon.

My first playthrough was awesome, I will never forget the feels. Got me hard.

Mass Effect 1 had a awesome soundtrack, the Citadel was huge and had a ton of people to talk to. But it lacked good combat mechanics, and the gameplay was kinda.. flat. About the mako, what made people disapprove it was because it was literally the same thing every single time, only changing the amount of mountains and the skybox of the planets. It got boring over time. Storywise is the best in the series by far, thats why I like it so much.

Mass Effect 2 took out the mako to throw that mining bull****. As I played it dozens of times, I edit my save game always now, to have a ton of minerals and money (the price of the items are super high, and I go crazy if I have to mine all the way to upgrade the ship again). I only play it now because of the romance arcs, because storywise, the plot feels kinda irrelevant to what happens later in the trilogy (its just my opinion, I played this a ****ing lot haha).

Mass Effect 3 was the one I liked most, mainly because of the galactic war theme. The DLCs were great, the characters were perfectly performed, the constant feeling that everything could fall apart.. just awesome. But it had a not so good ending, sadly. But the journey is well worth it.

For me, I'd prefer to have the Collector attack being part of a comic/book(or another game), having ME2 to be the beggining of the Reaper War, then ME3 to portrait the massive conflicts and final stands to destroy the Reaper threat.

In fact, I am replaying ME2 now, it was a long time since last play, soooo its time I got back home :).

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Cross

All the Revelation games are canon and will continue to be. I'm kind of confused as why you may think otherwise :p

I never found the combat nor gameplay flat in the first Mass Effect. You got to remember than when it first came out for it's time, it was probably one of the deepest games of that type during that time. The story was definitely the best with 3 inching close behind it, in my opinion. I think the different planets were amazing, there were a few very unique ones that remain memorable for me to this day. The ringed planet left me in awe and the big ice one with the lake... holy shhhh.... and the one with the hidden "Inusannon" pyramids. Absolutely great stuff. There were a few planets that were very similar and a lot of the caves were copy pasted, and reused assets. BioWare did this a lot in the series. The real bitch I always heard regarding the Mako was the controls and handling :/ Which I saw nothing wrong with.

Mass effect 2 is universally considered the best because it's the most accessible. The story is more or less simpler than the other two and the gameplay is very simple in comparison. I think EA acted like a bitch with it. I know they stuck their noses a lot during that time and especially with Dragon Age 2. The mining thing is bull****... Did you mine everything on your first play through as well? LMAO!

I think you felt ****ed in the whole series to be honest. Mass Effect 3 was no exception.... at all. Everything was near perfect with that game. The galactic war theme is a bit of a stretch as it goes a bit deeper than that, but yes. The ending on the other hand.... WAS AMAZING! How could you say that? My mind was blown, it's absolutely brilliant. The biggest problem is, is that it wasn't very clear. BioWare refuses to publicly state which one is canon (the canon is up to the player), at least won't state which one is considered canon internally..... I can actually see something like this happening, which I doubt did. but... "So the final revelations and the canon is..... *looks at which ending was chosen the most* oh ****... ummm the official answer is that it is what you want it to be* LMAO. I'd place an all in bet that people would be more ****ed with an official answer than no answer. People still fight to this day on which ending is right and most of them fail to take in all the evidence presented in all the games, the theme of the game, and with that information the consequences of what happens after the fact and what they do. Oh well, it is what it is and I don't thin BioWare will ever make a statement on the matter.

Well technically Mass Effect 1 was the start of the Reaper war. Sovereign was the start of that, but yes I know what you're referring too. Post Arrival and onwards. Mass Effect 2 was about brining people together. Actually, the whole series is about that from beginning to end. Unity is one of the main themes of the game.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Okay, so I don't know anything about ME, but yeah, as Airaku said, all Revelations games are and will continue to be canon. I don't know one way or the other if it's true that the first was originally going to be a spinoff, but it was definitely canon at the time of its release. I'm also curious as to why someone said they didn't like Revelations 2. I personally felt like the story was much more cohesive than 5 or 6, and told in a better way. I also enjoyed gameplay, though I didn't think it was particularly standout honestly. I would love to see Claire back again though for RE7, or at least later on the series. She's proven with Rev2 that she's still got plenty of fight in her. Other than her, Jill, and Sherry (because Claire and Sherry need to reunite), I don't really know who else I want in the next game. There isn't really anyone that I'm like strongly opposed to seeing either. Some people have definitely had more screen time than others, but I still like everyone and don't see why they can't keep showing up so long as they don't overshadow others.

Top Bottom