• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Yeah but isn't the Revelations series sort of seperate from the main games even though they are cannon, because at least Revelations 1 was never mentioned about, referenced or really had any bearing on the storyline of RE6.

It may not be part of the main numbered entries but the bottom line is that it is part of the official canon storyline.

No matter how you try to slice it its still a part of the established storyline point blank period.

Besides Chris was in both RE6 and Revelations 1 which explains why it was alluded to.

None of the characters from RE6 where even in Revelations 2, not even the BSAA.

Also you shouldn't be triple posting, the forum does not look kindly on spamming, use the edit button.

Luchance

It may not be part of the main numbered entries but the bottom line is that it is part of the official canon storyline.

No matter how you try to slice it its still a part of the established storyline point blank period.

Besides Chris was in both RE6 and Revelations 1 which explains why it was alluded to.

None of the characters from RE6 where even in Revelations 2, not even the BSAA.

Also you shouldn't be triple posting, the forum does not look kindly on spamming, use the edit button.
Yeah, I know it's still cannon. I was just saying it's sort of like Resident Evil Code Veronica in that the games after that don't really reference the events besides maybe the text you read talking about Antarctica in RE5 but it still feels like a main game even though it's not numbered. As far as the triple posting, I don't follow what your talking about. I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I replied to you and I think two other guys that posted on this topic.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I replied to you and I think two other guys that posted on this topic.

Its when you make three posts in a row BEFORE someone else replies, thats considered triple posting or "spamming" a topic, if you have something you want to add than you can use the edit button on your previous first post to add it, but if a staff member where here to see it you would probably get a verbal warning for it.

Just trying to help you out so you don't make a habit of doing this in the future and get in trouble.

Luchance

Its when you make three posts in a row BEFORE someone else replies, thats considered triple posting or "spamming" a topic, if you have something you want to add than you can use the edit button on your previous first post to add it, but if a staff member where here to see it you would probably get a verbal warning for it.

Just trying to help you out so you don't make a habit of doing this in the future and get in trouble.
Lol I get it now, I was just confused on what you were talking about, thanks bro.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
If they were to bring back some characters that have been underutilized, I would like them to bring back Billy Coen, Carlos Rivera or Rebecca Chambers back. These characters have really been shafted in the series.
But what if Rebecca retired and wants to live normal life then i dont see a reason for bringing her back, maybe mention but not bring back

Luchance

But what if Rebecca retired and wants to live normal life then i dont see a reason for bringing her back, maybe mention but not bring back
That makes sense, but honestly I could see Rebeca Chambers in a new game with Jill, Claire or maybe Billy again. Although I didn't finish RE:Zero when I had a Gamecube and played it so I don't know how their character arcs concluded in that game and where their stances are.

jayshizzo

who would love to see Chris if he teamed up with jill in re7?....
i dont want to see Alex wesker(why is a female having a male name? she is the worst villain i have ever seen in video games. plus she is a rip off of veronica code(remember alexia ashford) remember Sushestvovanie Island(rip off of rockfort island)...point is these writers lack creativity.if you want what a true villain looks like(see someone like voss)or someone in resident evil like osmund saddler...don't worry i have many reasons why alex shouldn't be fit to be put on the resident evil franchise (except revelations 3) its just that it ****es me off when people root for her.she is the weakest and worst villain i have ever seen in my life.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
1) Chris/Jill - no. We've had enough of both Chris and that pairing. Let Jill get to know other people as well.
2) Alex can be short for Alexandra. In fact, many Alexandras are called Alex by their peers.
3) Albert Wesker is the worst villain in the series. I can't understand people who root for him.

jayshizzo

would you go for chris if he was less gay and had a bit of character development? ps.wesker is similar to neo in the matrix,his character lacks creativity .I don't think he is the worse tho.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Actually, Chris is one of the characters with the most character development. That's not saying much, considering his fellow heroes are Chame-Leon "I-do-not-develop-I-just-randomly-change" Kennedy and Jill "What-is-a-personality-and-why-don't-I-have-one-too" Valentine, but still; people can bitch all they want about RE6, at least Chris wasn't lacking emotion, personality or development there. (Unlike a certain chameleon...)

Also, since I'm a shipper of both Weskerfield and Nivanfield, it would be a stupid thing for me to say that I would like him more if he was "less gay". Actually, that would be a stupid thing for anyone to say. But my reasons for not wanting him in RE7 don't have anything to do with any of that. It's just that he's been in three games in a row now, and a playable extra mode character in a fourth. Even as a Chris fan, I'd say that's enough for now.

jayshizzo

I still want chris in the next series(because of my storyline)..lets see what capcom will do :angry:

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
I don't know about Chris. Seriously he was already in RE 6. Granted he was most likely in RE 6 so "Ada"could drag him around and toy with him while he desperately chases her so he can boulder punch her to death in his rage induced state. Oh and speaking of Ada I don't think she should be in the game... I mean what would she be doing anyways? Stealing another new virus for another unknown company? We don't even know what company she is loyal to if any.... We don't really need Leon either since he was already in RE 6 and it would be awkward for him to be in a game that Ads's not in. Don't get me wrong I love Leon and Ada but ya.... Could use Jill back because she hasn't had a DECENT role since RE 5 and even that is debatable. Also no Sheva. and if there has to be Sheva I want her killed in the first 10 minutes of the game. I would also like to see Jake and Sherry. And yes I know how so many people dislike Jake but it is the fault of Capcom. They have a bad tendency of creating new characters out the ass and then just forgetting about them several games later. They made the decision to make Jake( the son of Albert Wesker) and give him a role. Even if you guys absolutely hate Jake with a passion He is a character in the RE verse now. As much as some of you don't like it. I like Jake but thats my opinion which many people disagree with. Also to me Alex Wesker is a pretty cool villain. Just think about. She accomplished something not even Alexia could do. She actually found the secret to immortality. Seriously so many villains blab and bitch and moan about gaining immortality and what does Alex do? She goes out and grabs immortality by the balls and yanks it off for herself. and that was my 2 cents. And to whoever above me. Really the weakest villain. That is your opinion and you have the right to it. However I disagree. You might think she is a ripoff of Alexia but the fact is Alexia is dead Alex is alive and she has found the secret to immortality. She is the first RE villain to do this I believe. I know she doesn't have any crazy matrix moves like Albert but she doesn't need any. She just manipulates one to do what she wants.

jayshizzo

I don't know about Chris. Seriously he was already in RE 6. Granted he was most likely in RE 6 so "Ada"could drag him around and toy with him while he desperately chases her so he can boulder punch her to death in his rage induced state. Oh and speaking of Ada I don't think she should be in the game... I mean what would she be doing anyways? Stealing another new virus for another unknown company? We don't even know what company she is loyal to if any.... We don't really need Leon either since he was already in RE 6 and it would be awkward for him to be in a game that Ads's not in. Don't get me wrong I love Leon and Ada but ya.... Could use Jill back because she hasn't had a DECENT role since RE 5 and even that is debatable. Also no Sheva. and if there has to be Sheva I want her killed in the first 10 minutes of the game. I would also like to see Jake and Sherry. And yes I know how so many people dislike Jake but it is the fault of Capcom. They have a bad tendency of creating new characters out the ass and then just forgetting about them several games later. They made the decision to make Jake( the son of Albert Wesker) and give him a role. Even if you guys absolutely hate Jake with a passion He is a character in the RE verse now. As much as some of you don't like it. I like Jake but thats my opinion which many people disagree with. Also to me Alex Wesker is a pretty cool villain. Just think about. She accomplished something not even Alexia could do. She actually found the secret to immortality. Seriously so many villains blab and bitch and moan about gaining immortality and what does Alex do? She goes out and grabs immortality by the balls and yanks it off for herself. and that was my 2 cents. And to whoever above me. Really the weakest villain. That is your opinion and you have the right to it. However I disagree. You might think she is a ripoff of Alexia but the fact is Alexia is dead Alex is alive and she has found the secret to immortality. She is the first RE villain to do this I believe. I know she doesn't have any crazy matrix moves like Albert but she doesn't need any. She just manipulates one to do what she wants.
first of all she is not immortal ,she is decesased acccording to the resident evil wiki,killed herself in her human form,the virus get her back to life,she gets killed by claire.she only has her thoughts in natalia,i want to see natalia as the villain in revelations 3. not alex please.

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
first of all she is not immortal ,she is decesased acccording to the resident evil wiki,killed herself in her human form,the virus get her back to life,she gets killed by claire.she only has her thoughts in natalia,i want to see natalia as the villain in revelations 3. not alex please.
Its not really Natalia though. I mean it seems to me Natalia's mind is slipping away and that Alex's consciousness is going to fully take over. Why would they introduce another Wesker just to kill her off in the first game? Transplanting your consciousness into another body is technically immortality because when the body you moved to starts to die all you have to do is transplant your consciousness into another body. So you think that isn't Alex in Natalia?

jayshizzo

^its only her thoughts.it doesn't have full control yet...what makes it interesting is people are going to wonder if natalia would succumb to alex's thoughts or battle it out. can't wait to find out.

black 93

Id like a jill claire meeting or a jill barry reunion. Since they still seem to be in touch with that e mail in revelations 2. Also claire and jill would be cool, the two most important women in chris' life. People are hoping for rebecca but i honestly dont see it. Dont get me wrong id like rebecca to come back and barry was absent for just as long but i dunno. People have said to me" forget jill bring back rebecca" iv even had people say revelations 2 raid mode counts as an apperance for jill. ( yea seriously). Whether you like it or not, capcom are not gunna snuff jill in favour of rebecca. Rebecca hasnt had as much of an impact on the series as jill, jills been through probably more mental and physical torture than anyone in the series. I mean god damn she was infected with the t- virus, fell from a mansion window, kidnapped, experimented on and was used to produce uroburous! Even people that dont like jill are saying she needs some spotlight with everything she went through and how none of it was really explained after 5. Capcom may still bring rebecca back ( id personally prefer billy coen lol) but they cant leave jills absence much longer with what happened to her.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I know you guys have said "No more Albert", and I understand those sentiments, but how would you feel about this?

Jill and Claire are the main characters, with Barry and Jake as secondary/side characters. At the beginning of the game, it's revealed that Jill is suffering from mental illness due to her ordeal with Wesker and from still "seeing" Wesker (in flashbacks/hallucinations) despite watching him die years ago. She is being treated at a psychiatric ward after being transferred from the BSAA facility where she was tested after RE5. However, Jill awakens in her cell from a nightmare involving both Weskers and finds the facility compromised. Jill escapes with Barry and Claire, who try to meet with her following her e-mail in Rev. 2..

Halfway through the game, Barry finds Natalia after she "mysteriously" runs off, then "Natalia" shows her true colors and stabs and kills Barry before shapeshifting back into another mutated form of her true self (Alex). Claire kills Natalex, then searches for Chris along with Jill (the 2 most important women in his life), who's eager to get back to him after RE5, only to run into more B.O.W.s along the way. They eventually cross paths with Jake, who's also been hunting B.O.W.s since RE6 when "something" captures Claire in the distraction. Jake and Jill go their separate ways, with Jake trying to find Chris and Jill searching for Claire.

In the separate campaigns, Jake is eventually captured by a silhouetted figure and the same group of henchmen from the opening cutscene of Rev. 2 after a B.O.W. boss fight while Jill is taunted by hallucinations of Wesker at various intervals leading up to the final chapter.

In a cutscene before the last level, Jake is seen in a glass test tube right beside Claire, where a silhouetted Alex speaks of Jake "finally getting to meet his true family." Jill eventually crosses and fights HUNK after freeing Claire, who is then unmasked as Jake (plot twist). A stunned Jill is then met with a familiar chorus of evil laughter when "Albert" appears, brought back to life through Alex's transferred consciousness after she reanimated his corpse with T-Phobos. Jill then injects herself with a syringe and destroys Albex, basically killing 2 birds with one stone, or rather, two Weskers with one stone, using a modified version of the P30 drug "he" spent years experimenting on her with that leaves her fully in control of her actions (via antibodies). The ultimate revenge, and irony.

Basically, Jill gets her revenge on the Weskers that was denied in RE5, Jake is reunited with his "family" in a plot twist (HUNK's identity is revealed) while continuing his story, and Albert gets one last hoorah through Alex's control while ensuring she gets to live to fight another day (because you know damn well she found another new vessel to transfer her consciousness into), and "he" wouldn't actually appear (except for hallucinations) until the very END of the game. All while giving us a nice new feature for the end battle (as you could flip around with the Matrix-like reflexes with Jill as seen in RE5), I think it hits on all cylinders.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@jayshizzo

A couple things here

1) You cannot take the Resident Evil wiki for granted and they are often wrong. It's fan ran and has a few people that run the site and are stubborn as hell. I've seen them argue with stuff that was stated otherwise in interviews. I used to follow that site but I use it as a reference for in game documents and information on games that are RE5 and older. It has some great information but it can often be incorrect.

2) I really don't want to sound like a jackass here but I honestly don't think you understand Revelations 2. Regardless of anything, it is still Alex. We've already been told that the trigger and what happens in the good (canon) ending will be explained at a later date. There is a lot of evidence that the Alex within Natalia is Alex, there or others that may suggest otherwise. This is an argument that will never end until we know more. There is no final say on it and it is extremely bias by fans. It was very similar to the events in the first Resident Evil ("I will share in his fate, and then, I will surpass him").

3) Many, many fans say that Alex Wesker is the best villain in the series. Or one of. She is nothing like Alexia. That being said the Ashfords have a lot of similar traits to both Weskers'. Even their names Albert, Alfred and Alex, Alexia. The women in the series are often more twisted and Alex may be the most evil of them all. At least I feel that is and I think she's also the most complex and successful villain in the series. She achieved a FORM of immortality and so far hasn't failed in her plans. What Alex has achieved and accomplished is something that no other villain in the series has done. She's the real deal and not someone you want to screw around with.

Yeah but isn't the Revelations series sort of separate from the main games even though they are cannon, because at least Revelations 1 was never mentioned about, referenced or really had any bearing on the storyline of RE6.

Not even close! The games are 100% cannon and are just as important as the main titled games. It's been stated many times that the games are cannon and more fan focused. Revelations 2 has probably one of the more important stories in the series debatably and Alex is main number cannon anyways. She's mentioned in RE5 main story in a document in chapter 6-3 and is hinted at by Spencer. She is talked about in Lost in Nightmares in Spencer's memoirs.

They are named Revelations because they take place in between games and it would be weird to call them as follows.

Revelations: Resident Evil 4.5
Revelations 2: Resident Evil 5.5

Does that make more sense?

jayshizzo

airaku don't u get it ? I am anti-alex.there is nothing u can do or say to me that will make me change my mind.

Top Bottom