• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Yes!!! I love Jill lots!!! I kinda wish Nemesis had never died in RC, it would be really cool to see nemmy again too! And I love your signature btw haha. And as for characters who shouldn't be in the game: No Chris. No Leon either. I love both of the characters, but we need more focus on Claire, Ada, and/or Sherry.
You can never go wrong with Jill Valentine ;) She's easily the best character in RE, no need to menation that I'm a fan of her. Well, we had something similiar to good ol' Nemmy in RE6, it was the Ustanak, but honestly that thing was a complete joke. It will never ever reach the level of epicness and awesomeness that Nemesis had. Nemesis will always be my favorite enemy along with Wesker. Thanks, your signature rocks, too. Afro Nemesis FTW! That cracked me up xD And Yep I agree No Leon and Chris.

N7Valentine

I don't think having Chris means it would be nothing but action remember the first time we saw him was a true horror game but yes he as been in to many games in recent years we could do with giving some of the others a chance
I agree, but the recent games with him felt like a shooter rather than a horror game (wish we still had Chris Redfield from RE1/REmake,RE:CVX, before he became Super Boy Scout Chris Roidfield). Yeah he's pretty overused by now, but I agree, others need a chance too :)

Last edited:

N7Valentine

The rest I'm cool with, even Leon since I still want to see a Jill and Leon teamup in the future, for these 2 popular characters to never have stared in a game together just kinda rubs me the wrong way for some reason, I feel it needs to happen.
I would love to see those two teaming up, but I can already imagine how jealous Chris would be xD He'd never approve of this x'D
But seriously, Leon needs a break. Don't won't him to be as overused as Chris is. Jill must come back. The last time she's been a main protagonist was (not counting Revelations in this one) RE3.

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I would love to see those two teaming up, but I can already imagine how jealous Chris would be xD He'd never approve of this x'D
But seriously, Leon needs a break. Don't won't him to be as overused as Chris is. Jill must come back. The last time she's been a main protagonist was (not counting Revelations in this one) RE3.

But you HAVE to count revelations since its a canon game and part of the over all storyline.

So COUNTING Revelations she has stared in a game more recently.

N7Valentine

But you HAVE to count revelations since its a canon game and part of the over all storyline.

So COUNTING Revelations she has stared in a game more recently.
I know it's canon, but Revelations was years before RE5 and in RE6 she wasn't even mentioned, not even in the files. She was only mentioned recently in Rev2 and judging by the E-Mail she send to Barry it was probably written in 2009. Besides I meant the last RE title with a number where she was a main was RE3, sorry for not making it clear.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Adding another character

I really hate to say, since he's my favorite along with Jill but...

NO LEON S. KENNEDY
20121002_manual_cover.jpg

Sorry buddy, but you've been recently the hero of RE6. You need a break and I don't want you to become an overused character. See ya in another RE title.

P.S. Would love to see him teaming up with Jill, though.

Last edited:

wanderer

battle master
ya guys RE6 set things up ready for more of Jake's story. your question should be who are the side characters in the next Biohazard?

berto

I Saw the Devil
F'ing teenagers. Japan is such a youth centric culture they hardly ever make any content with anyone above 12 as a protagonist. With RE 1-5 the cast wasn't full of bloody kids, they were ages of adults. Yeah, Jake and Sherry aren't kids but they are snot nosed infants by contrast to the rest of the cast. Just because they are young doesn't mean they are stronger or faster or better, people over 30 who are in military, police, or other combat centric jobs do better than the young ones and some even do better in the physical aspects. So, no younger cast members, no children of said person, and don't lose your interest in a character just because they are not kids anymore.

Zacary

I would like to see them all in a game. Every survivor from every game. That is what I've been wanting to see for a long time. As for all the Chris haters just remember he is the original badass of the resident evil universe.

N7Valentine

I'm sorry but I disagree. Having all characters in one game is way too much. Just remember what happened to RE6... too much characters means a god-awful and messed up story. It's better if we have maximum of two characters, so the story can focus on them.

As for Chris, he may be, but so is Jill. The original badass female. But Chris is so overused by now, he really shouldn't be in RE7... and I'm not the only who thinks that way. Besides they should stop treating Chris like he's the main protagonist. RE has several protagonists and not just one.

I think we need a female lead in 7 after having so many dudes as leads. And no I don't mean specifically Jill, but others as well. Who agrees?

Last edited:

N7Valentine

F'ing teenagers. Japan is such a youth centric culture they hardly ever make any content with anyone above 12 as a protagonist. With RE 1-5 the cast wasn't full of bloody kids, they were ages of adults. Yeah, Jake and Sherry aren't kids but they are snot nosed infants by contrast to the rest of the cast. Just because they are young doesn't mean they are stronger or faster or better, people over 30 who are in military, police, or other combat centric jobs do better than the young ones and some even do better in the physical aspects. So, no younger cast members, no children of said person, and don't lose your interest in a character just because they are not kids anymore.
I agree yeah, that's so typical for Japan and especially when it comes to women, as I think they're trying to get rid of certain female characters, just because they're not in their 20's anymore and therefore not appealing to everyone as Japanese guys swoon over pubescent girls, who are barely adults -_-' *sighs*. I study Japanology, so I can confirm your statement :)
You know just because they're older doesn't mean they're weak, slow or whatsoever, heck they're even better than kiddies.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

I'd love to see her again, but the problem I see with Rebecca is that we don't know whether she joined the BSAA or not. It could be possible she decided to have a normal life.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Sorry Valentine91 but as a Chris fan and very much not a Jill fan I have to disagree with some of your points. I agree that Chris is overused and needs a break, and I have nothing against Jill being in the next one, but I have to point out some of your flawed logic. You used Revelations to strengthen the argument that Chris was used too much but then refused to use it to incriminate Jill of the same crime. You also said that Chris's personality was incredibly flat (not disagreeing there) and that Jill would be a better candidate, but the fact is, Jill is just as flat as Chris is. They're both really static characters who are focused on getting the job done and not much else.

Other than that, I'd say Leon is a no. Ada won't go anywhere without her boy toy so I guess I don't want her in it just because I don't want Leon. I would hate for Capcom to use Claire's presence in a side game as an excuse to ditch her in the main games. She deserves more, and with a bigger budget maybe they won't screw up her face. I don't want Jake but he's pretty much inevitable. If (when?) he does show up, I hope Sherry's there as well because she was the best part about his campaign. Don't use new characters just to throw them away, though I'd actually prefer new characters to the old ones as long as Capcom is willing to actually keep them (seriously am I the only one who doesn't care what happened to Billy, Carlos, etc.?). My last request, please continue to make Mercenaries awesome because it is my favorite part of 5 and 6 by far and greatly increases the game's lifespan, and maybe they can put Chris in even though he better not be in the campaign, because seriously I can't get enough of him. It's a sickness. *hangs head in shame*

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I've been sitting here trying to think who I wouldn't want in the next game and came to the realization that it's not the characters who need a break but the series as a whole.

We never have any resolution for any of the characters and now many of you are sick of some of them and saying things like "it would be too soon to bring him back". Why is that? If you like a character then you like a character, but perhaps it's because you know the story is going to play out just like the last game... Leon fights some new faced evil villain and doesn't get the girl at the end. They're beating a dead horse with this series. If CAPCOM were smart... No, if they cared about the quality of the series, then they would put Resident Evil on the back burner for a bit and think about the story and character development for once... Maybe even try something new.

With Jurassic World coming out, you would think that they'd be smart and reboot/remake the Dino Crisis series. Dinosaurs are in CAPCOM! You will make MONEY- promise. You're rehashing stories anyway so what's the harm in rebooting that series?

Last edited:

N7Valentine

If CAPCOM were smart... No, if they cared about the quality of the series, then they would put Resident Evil on the back burner for a bit and think about the story and character development for once... Maybe even try something new.

With Jurassic World coming out, you would think that they'd be smart and reboot/remake the Dino Crisis series. Dinosaurs are in CAPCOM! You will make MONEY- promise. You're rehashing stories anyway so what's the harm in rebooting that series?
My thoughts exactly! I love some of the RE characters, but the majority of them didn't developed at all. As you said Leon didn't get the girl, Chris is still fighting bioterrorism as he always did and yeah even he didn't get the girl either. Jill has potential for a character development, but I don't know what kind of plans Capcom has with her. I just hope she won't return as an invincible superheroine, that'd be boring.
As for the story it has become somewhat confusing with its 12 Million subplots and whatnot. Ever since Shinji Mikami left I feel like the story became a terrible mess and RE6 is a perfect example of that.

You know I've been thinking about a reboot myself. It might be a very good idea. I'm not usually in favor of that, but maybe RE needs one. And f*ck yeah I'm down for a Dino Crisis game :D I miss Regina :(

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Sorry Valentine91 but as a Chris fan and very much not a Jill fan I have to disagree with some of your points. I agree that Chris is overused and needs a break, and I have nothing against Jill being in the next one, but I have to point out some of your flawed logic. You used Revelations to strengthen the argument that Chris was used too much but then refused to use it to incriminate Jill of the same crime. You also said that Chris's personality was incredibly flat (not disagreeing there) and that Jill would be a better candidate, but the fact is, Jill is just as flat as Chris is. They're both really static characters who are focused on getting the job done and not much else.

Other than that, I'd say Leon is a no. Ada won't go anywhere without her boy toy so I guess I don't want her in it just because I don't want Leon. I would hate for Capcom to use Claire's presence in a side game as an excuse to ditch her in the main games. She deserves more, and with a bigger budget maybe they won't screw up her face. I don't want Jake but he's pretty much inevitable. If (when?) he does show up, I hope Sherry's there as well because she was the best part about his campaign. Don't use new characters just to throw them away, though I'd actually prefer new characters to the old ones as long as Capcom is willing to actually keep them (seriously am I the only one who doesn't care what happened to Billy, Carlos, etc.?). My last request, please continue to make Mercenaries awesome because it is my favorite part of 5 and 6 by far and greatly increases the game's lifespan, and maybe they can put Chris in even though he better not be in the campaign, because seriously I can't get enough of him. It's a sickness. *hangs head in shame*
I won't argue with you on that one. Sure Jill is basically a female version of Chris, sans roids and yeah both come off as pretty flat characters who are only focused on the mission. In RE5 I found Chris pretty boring, but in retrospect he was probably mourning Jill's death and that's something I can understand. But I think if they both became more than "partners" that'd be a nice touch, consindering the way Chris acted around Jill it was obvious he had deeper feelings for her beyond partnership, but actually Capcom is the one to blame here for turning both into robots with no life. My negative attitude towards him stems from RE6 as his whole campaign felt nothing more than just fan-service -_-' That's just my opinion, tho. I may not like Chris now, but I'm a former Chris fan myself. I just hope they'll stop turning him into a Mr. Fan-service and make him interesting once more, for me at least.

Not just Claire, but female characters in general feel like side characters now as recent RE titles with numbers were extremly male-centered. RE4 had Leon, RE5 had Chris, RE6 had Leon, Chris and Jake. WTF? Capcom don't forget about the ladies!!!

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Next one who shouldn't be in RE7.

NO JAKE MULLER (seriously why does your family name sound so german?)
115387-large.jpeg

He was an okay guy, but Capcom stop using characters two times in a row.

P.S. I'd like to see him in RE8, tho

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I won't argue with you on that one. Sure Jill is basically a female version of Chris, sans roids and yeah both come off as pretty flat characters who are only focused on the mission. In RE5 I found Chris pretty boring, but in retrospect he was probably mourning Jill's death and that's something I can understand. But I think if they both became more than "partners" that'd be a nice touch, consindering the way Chris acted around Jill it was obvious he had deeper feelings for her beyond partnership, but actually Capcom is the one to blame here for turning both into robots with no life. My negative attitude towards him stems from RE6 as his whole campaign felt nothing more than just fan-service -_-' That's just my opinion, tho. I may not like Chris now, but I'm a former Chris fan myself. I just hope they'll stop turning him into a Mr. Fan-service and make him interesting once more, for me at least.

Not just Claire, but female characters in general feel like side characters now as recent RE titles with numbers were extremly male-centered. RE4 had Leon, RE5 had Chris, RE6 had Leon, Chris and Jake. WTF? Capcom don't forget about the ladies!!!
I can certainly see why you wouldn't like Chris as much anymore. I wouldn't mind if Chris and Jill got together. It would actually be kind of sweet, but I don't think that it should have to happen as the way of making their characters more interesting, but more as a result of the personalities and character traits that we've learned about them (which so far is next to nothing). I think the reason I don't like Jill that much is because I didn't really see a lot of her until after I had been thoroughly exposed to RE. I played the main games in the order of 2-4-5-3-6-CV-1, so the first time I saw her was in 5 (throw things at me if you must). Anyway, I know what you mean about the lack of female representation in 6. I though it totally should have been Sherry's campaign with Jake as the tag along, but maybe that's just me. I actually really liked Piers though. I thought he and Chris were a good pair.

Regarding the whole thing about how the series never really goes anywhere, I don't think the solution is to give the series a break, because that would just make the problems lie dormant rather than solve them. What they should do instead is make a really good game that blows us out of the water with its gameplay AND story. Make us truly care about the characters. Give them strengths and weaknesses. Allow them to shine brightest when they are at their weakest. Give us a reason to say to ourselves "don't you dare even think about killing that person off" because you've made us care so much about them, rather than having people begging to kill off a certain character because they are too old and have had enough time in the spotlight (you know who you are). Do what no RE has ever done and unify the fan base with the idea that this character is worth preserving, because we actually want to watch this person grow and learn and make mistakes.
^that speech kind of made it sound like I wanted a new character, but you could do that with the old ones too

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Gonna sound like a broken record in here but yeah I think Chris deserves a bit of a break. Same with Leon and Ada.

I'd love to see her again, but the problem I see with Rebecca is that we don't know whether she joined the BSAA or not. It could be possible she decided to have a normal life.

Since it states in Revelations 2 there are 11 founding members of the BSAA I would really hope Rebecca is one of them. If not, I'll be highly disappointed!

Top Bottom