• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Which Character/s shouldn't be in Re7?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
airaku don't u get it ? I am anti-alex.there is nothing u can do or say to me that will make me change my mind.

No I get it. I just don't get why you are anti-Alex? I think she's now the best villain in the game. Her backstory and build up was well done, such a well written villain. Complex and diverse in many ways. I also think she's one of the most twisted villains out there (not just in games) and how many games are there where the villain actually wins? I think Alex is one of the only villains to achieve her goals and get away with it with a hearty "**** you" at the end of the game. Lmao! I've actually seen people rage and hate on the whole game because they felt like Alex told them to go **** themselves at the end and were apparently angry that they had no sense of satisfaction or accomplishment. I love that! I've seen some really angry people online rage hard about this LMAO I think this makes Alex an even better villain because she's literally touching gamers in their no no parts. Capcom definitely left a mark on gamers with her and many fans seem to love her to death. I'm sure Alex read enough books and is sick of "the good guys always win" bull****. LOL

Though that's just my opinion. I'm pretty sure she's here to stay and we'll be seeing a lot more of her. Too much of a build up to just waste her on one or two games and Capcom learned from their mistake by ****ing up Albert. Plus they think gaming doesn't have any strong female villains at all.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I like how you sensored out all swear words except for bull**** heh.

Its good to see a game where the bad guy technically won. But they're gonna have one hell of a time writing her back in smartly

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I like how you sensored out all swear words except for bull**** heh.

Its good to see a game where the bad guy technically won. But they're gonna have one hell of a time writing her back in smartly

Haha actually the site automatically censors bad language. I'm surprised "bull****" is allowed xD

To be honest I don't think they are going to have much of a problem doing that. I think the real challenge is explaining Alex better to some of the players. I find that a lot of people didn't understand the story and they need their hand held. For example the first page of this has people claiming the game story was so complicated they needed to look up a guide to get it LMAO http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835623-resident-evil-revelations-2/72228012 (only page 1 is worth reading)

Personally I think Revelations 2 has the best story in the series and I have been a fan since 2004! =D I was a little late to the party but I made it! ;)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Haha actually the site automatically censors bad language. I'm surprised "bull****" is allowed xD

To be honest I don't think they are going to have much of a problem doing that. I think the real challenge is explaining Alex better to some of the players. I find that a lot of people didn't understand the story and they need their hand held. For example the first page of this has people claiming the game story was so complicated they needed to look up a guide to get it LMAO http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835623-resident-evil-revelations-2/72228012 (only page 1 is worth reading)

Personally I think Revelations 2 has the best story in the series and I have been a fan since 2004! =D I was a little late to the party but I made it! ;)

RE4 actually did a lot for Resident Evil's popularity, a ton of fans were introduced thanks to it. It changed the formula quite a bit to be more accessible, but paid off considering it garnered near-perfect to perfect reviews and sold like candy-coated crack.
The Final Fantasy VII effect.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
RE4 actually did a lot for Resident Evil's popularity, a ton of fans were introduced thanks to it. It changed the formula quite a bit to be more accessible, but paid off considering it garnered near-perfect to perfect reviews and sold like candy-coated crack.
The Final Fantasy VII effect.

Resident Evil 4 is probably the best game in the series gameplay wise. It is amazing and one of my all time favorite games. Ugh I love that freaking game and it still holds up today! ^.^ I still debate that the Game Cube version is by far the best! :)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
saddler is the best villain in my opinion if you want to go there.

I uhhhh... I actually would like to go there. Most people say he's the worst. He isn't that bad of a villain, he's basically a evil religious leader. The big bad pope! xD

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I don't know if I'd say Saddler was the worst villain *cough* Ricardo Irving *cough* but I would definitely agree that Alex is one of the best. I mean, even from an objective standpoint, Alex is thus far the only villain who actually succeeded in her goal. Not even the legendary Albert Wesker (I don't know why people insist on putting him on a pedestal) ever succeeded, and he had way more attempts than Alex. So frankly, Alex is a good villain whether people like her or not, which I'm pretty sure a lot of people do. And except for the fact that all of the models from Rev2 were garbage (just look at Alex's hair), I'd say she is definitely a great villain.

jayshizzo

let me rephrase this again,if think alex is the best villain hands down type the number 1 below if you are male and type the number 2 below if you are female.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
1!

She's amazing, in my eyes she's the most evil, sick, and twisted villain I've ever seen. There are tons of great villains but she takes pride in what she does. She literally watches people suffer from those torture devices and her B.o.W's. It looks like she had graves built for people before they died. She ruthlessly experimented on people and tricked a whole island to their deaths AFTER she sugar coated them and built them a bright future to gain their trust. Everyone that worked for her is killed to conceal her secrets. Her main goal now is to literally consume the world in "fear and despair". I think she's the one who will bring the horror back to the series.

PS. Though you said female is 1 in your first post and then changed it to 2 xD

RedPanda

4x the awesome
You can see everyone's gender if you look at their profile. And I'd be a 1.

Last edited:

Luchance

@jayshizzo

A couple things here

1) You cannot take the Resident Evil wiki for granted and they are often wrong. It's fan ran and has a few people that run the site and are stubborn as hell. I've seen them argue with stuff that was stated otherwise in interviews. I used to follow that site but I use it as a reference for in game documents and information on games that are RE5 and older. It has some great information but it can often be incorrect.

2) I really don't want to sound like a jackass here but I honestly don't think you understand Revelations 2. Regardless of anything, it is still Alex. We've already been told that the trigger and what happens in the good (canon) ending will be explained at a later date. There is a lot of evidence that the Alex within Natalia is Alex, there or others that may suggest otherwise. This is an argument that will never end until we know more. There is no final say on it and it is extremely bias by fans. It was very similar to the events in the first Resident Evil ("I will share in his fate, and then, I will surpass him").

3) Many, many fans say that Alex Wesker is the best villain in the series. Or one of. She is nothing like Alexia. That being said the Ashfords have a lot of similar traits to both Weskers'. Even their names Albert, Alfred and Alex, Alexia. The women in the series are often more twisted and Alex may be the most evil of them all. At least I feel that is and I think she's also the most complex and successful villain in the series. She achieved a FORM of immortality and so far hasn't failed in her plans. What Alex has achieved and accomplished is something that no other villain in the series has done. She's the real deal and not someone you want to screw around with.

Not even close! The games are 100% cannon and are just as important as the main titled games. It's been stated many times that the games are cannon and more fan focused. Revelations 2 has probably one of the more important stories in the series debatably and Alex is main number cannon anyways. She's mentioned in RE5 main story in a document in chapter 6-3 and is hinted at by Spencer. She is talked about in Lost in Nightmares in Spencer's memoirs.

They are named Revelations because they take place in between games and it would be weird to call them as follows.

Revelations: Resident Evil 4.5 Lol yeah that makes sense, I never thought of it that way but yeah that would be awkward for a Resident Evil name title.
Revelations 2: Resident Evil 5.5

Does that make more sense?

Luchance

No Chris
No Leon
No wesker
All the others are more interchangeable even Ada because she hasn't been focused on too much. We no nothing about her. I'd like to see a game just for her or Claire.
Also I think it's time to use the youth before they get old. I want to see Sherry work with jake and claire, also maybe jill because she hasn't been in a main game in a while as the lead.
Maybe put the rookie Moira in it. I like her spunk
Jill was kinda a lead in Revelations but I see what your saying.

Luchance

I say no Chris (WAY to overused)
No Albert Wesker (more focus on Alex/Natalia please)
No Claire (just stared in a game)
No Barry (same as above)

The rest I'm cool with, even Leon since I still want to see a Jill and Leon teamup in the future, for these 2 popular characters to never have stared in a game together just kinda rubs me the wrong way for some reason, I feel it needs to happen.

Also I want Jake back solely because he could have some form of storyline with Alex/Natalia since he is Albert's son and has the virus immunity his father did.

Also would like Rebecca or Billy to return in some way, for years I have been wondering what they have been up to and none of the Resident Evil games of late have alluded to what happened to them after their respective games.
I agree, they should put Jill and Leon together. I think it would be an interesting dynamic between the two. They've also stared on my best Resident Evil games IMO, RE2, RE3 and RE4.

BadWolf

All About Video Game Challenges
No Chris please, his character is not very interesting in last few games and he's been used a lot.

No Leon. He's my favorite character but also used a lot more than needed and that might lead to him becoming boring.

No Claire because we just had her in Revelations.

No Wesker or any family or clones etc. That's just bad and lazy writing. I would rather have a new and intelligent villain who won't go insane and mutate on the way.

Jill would be a good character to focus on next in my opinion.

Agent Spike

No Chris, Leon, Ada, Claire, and any Wesker related characters.

I would love to see more of Jill, Barry, Hunk, and especially Rebecca and Billy.

Top Bottom