• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Bae and I just got done playing Resident Evil 6. I forgot how fun that game can be when you're actually playing with someone.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Just finished Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice and it was amazing! Never really played a game like that before but the story was really intriguing and the atmosphere was great. The sound design was probably the best I've heard in any game, if you play it you need to play it with headphones. Who knew a game where you need to go and kill @Hel could be so good :p (it was also my 60th platinum trophy wooo!)

Now onto Shadow of the Colossus!

Cure Zombrex

This totally sucks; I wanted to record The Last of Us in full, but also with my own audio commentary. I didn't realize the headset was unplugged so I did about an hour's worth before of recording before I noticed the wire was on the damn floor, and then I began another video. At one point, I had to end the game because Joel got stuck and could not move at all, so what was I to do? Just one of those days, I guess...

I also forgot Joel did not have the ability to craft anything at that stage either. What a bore!

Cure Zombrex

Is it just me, or is The Last of Us somewhat unfair because of the awful controls? Enemies come at you from everywhere and the shotgun is so crap (without upgrading, it takes 4 shots to kill one human). The Clickers have killed me probably like 4381 times by now because while you're trying to fight the Runners, they show up at the same time. :rolleyes:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Is it just me, or is The Last of Us somewhat unfair because of the awful controls? Enemies come at you from everywhere and the shotgun is so crap (without upgrading, it takes 4 shots to kill one human). The Clickers have killed me probably like 4381 times by now because while you're trying to fight the Runners, they show up at the same time. :rolleyes:

I started the game for the first time recently and I'm fairly close to the end. While actions can be somewhat unresponsive at times, I wouldn't call the controls awful nor do I feel the game is unfair as it's actually pretty lenient with checkpoints and constantly gives the player useful items all the time. I do find the character a bit slow at times, though I think that benefits the gameplay as it increases the tension of encounters and makes you think about your strategy.

I never had a problem with the shotgun feeling weak either, though, I can't say I've ever used it on human opponents as they're fairly easy to take out with stealth, hand to hand, or a perfectly aimed headshot. The clickers can be a bitch though with their one hit kills. I didn't know what to think of it at first, but I've grown fond of them as enemies as their cheap nature heightens the scare factor of facing them, especially in situations when you're facing a lot of runners and have to constantly keep moving.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I started two games today:

Dino Crisis. Never played it before, and its been sitting on my PS3 for awhile now. So I thought why not. Its pretty fun so far. I like Regina as a character a lot.

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. It finally arrived in the mail so I booted it up and my god is it loads of fun. Sheik, Impa and Linkle are the most fun to play as (so far. I'm still early in the game :p)

Matteo

Wow Dino Crisis, i'had so many memories of my chillhood about it and Regina.
You did well to recover DC i hope some day capcom will back DC and Regina.
Recently i starded to play The evil within 2, i'm still at beginning (chapters 3-4) for now it seems cool.

Matteo

You right!
It's no sense why Capcom didn't continue the story of DC2 to DC3.
They seemed have no idea to keep going the story, i think if they didn't DC3 maybe Dino Crisis would be here together Resident Evil imho. (like Tekken and Soul Calibur for Namco)

Cure Zombrex

I'm thinking of playing through The Evil Within...but that game is so solid. I remember having to fight The Keeper and trying to turn several valves at the same time. God, it was a nightmare. It was either him, or Laura.

Matteo

I'm thinking of playing through The Evil Within...but that game is so solid. I remember having to fight The Keeper and trying to turn several valves at the same time. God, it was a nightmare. It was either him, or Laura.
I think was Laura, you have to turn valves so that you burn her.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think was Laura, you have to turn valves so that you burn her.

It was both. There's a section with the Keeper where he keeps spawning and you have to keep turning valves to open doors. Very underrated game. I don't get why some people didn't like it. It's definitely as good as stuff like Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space, though I give it an edge for having greater emphasis on horror. The mansion chapter was the most Resident Evil thing we've gotten in years, which was really awesome. They even revived the hookman concept from the RE4 Beta. Such a cool game.

Matteo

It was both. There's a section with the Keeper where he keeps spawning and you have to keep turning valves to open doors. Very underrated game. I don't get why some people didn't like it. It's definitely as good as stuff like Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space, though I give it an edge for having greater emphasis on horror. The mansion chapter was the most Resident Evil thing we've gotten in years, which was really awesome. They even revived the hookman concept from the RE4 Beta. Such a cool game.
Aah I forgot it.
Well, i don't think that TEW is underrated by people, i mean today there are a lot of games to play for a gamers i think bethesda wrong the launch period for TEW2.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I recently bought Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice. I've played it for a few hours now and am not that far into it yet (I restarted kinda early on since death in this game is finite and I'd already died a few times before beating the first boss.), but I absolutely love it. The story is intriguing so far, the combat is nice, not allowing for hack and slash gameplay. It already is a mentally exhausting game, if that makes sense, but that may have something to do with my being an empath paired the game's heavy overtones of psychosis, uncertainty, and despair. It's one of the games that stays in your mind after you're done with your gaming session. I very much look forward to experiencing the rest of the game.

Top Bottom