• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Ethan Winters

Ito Junji Addict, Lupin Enthusiast
I tried out Dissidia. Don't really like the gameplay tbh. I find it gets a bit too chaotic at times. But I do like the soundtrack. There's some nice remixes on there.

I disliked the gameplay at first, but it gets better once you get the hang of it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Finished Legends 2 and started Marvel Ultimate Alliance earlier. I really, really, really miss these games. They were so amazing and it really just takes me back!

I loved Ultimate Alliance. I can't recall how many hours I spent with it, but it was a whole lot. I enjoyed the second one but I think the original was better. It's a shame they never made a third.

Anyway, after burning through Batman: Return to Arkham, I've finally been able to play Arkham Knight and have recently finished it. I'm currently working through the extra DLC episodes, but holy sh*t, what a game. It's easily the best for me. They really upped their game in so many ways.

The story is just a vast improvement over previous games. The Arkham Knight may have been a dumb and pointless identity and the reveal wasn't really shocking either, but there were still plenty of big shockers and moments throughout. You can really feel the sh*t piling on Batman's shoulders in this game and the way they went about handling it all was very satisfactory.

Free-flow combat is even more fluid as is traversing the city. Combos are no longer ruined by downed enemies or enemies too far to attack or counter. The quickfire exploding gel has even received a much needed streamlined revision that makes it easier to use in combat and the the wide array of new moves keeps the combat from getting stale.

I honestly don't get why there's so much criticism for the Batmobile. Sure, it's a big part of the game, but you're still going to be gliding around Gotham, beating up bad guys, and doing stealth for the majority of the game. And it's not like the Batmobile itself was awful to use. I actually really enjoyed the many ways it was implemented and it only further added to the feel of Batman (tank battles aside, of course).

I will say however, recycling the Arkham Knight tank battle for Deathstroke was really cheap and unnecessary. I genuinely enjoyed the battle the first time with the Arkham Knight, as it was really tense, but doing it a second time was overkill.

The boss fights in this game were pretty weak in general, which is true for most of the games. Arkham Origins is the only one to have good boss fights all around. Though, this is definitely the better game overall, so I didn't really mind it too much, considering this series isn't exactly known for its boss fights.

Honestly, I hope this is the last we see of this series. It was a good end and continuing it would only cheapen the legacy of these games. Right now, I'd prefer if Rocksteady moved onto a new superhero, specifically Superman, and do him justice like they did Batman. If they ever return to Batman, it should be under a new title, set in a new universe, with a different art style. Though, I take it WB is already working on another game.

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I spent most of my day today playing the Streets of Rage games.

I played through SOR1 as Adam and Blaze; SOR2 as Blaze, Skate and Axel; and finally, SOR3 as just Axel. Because fvck me, I cannot be bothered to finish it with more than one character. SOR3 is goddamn hard. Playing 3 on Normal is like playing 2 on Mania (the secret hardest difficulty level!).

So basically what I'm saying is playing SOR3 is like trying to take on Jason Voorhees in a fair fight.

Streets%20of%20Rage.jpg
Streets%20of%20Rage%202.jpg
Streets%20of%20Rage%203.jpg

Turo602

The King of Kings
I spent most of my day today playing the Streets of Rage games.

I played through SOR1 as Adam and Blaze; SOR2 as Blaze, Skate and Axel; and finally, SOR3 as just Axel. Because fvck me, I cannot be bothered to finish it with more than one character. SOR3 is goddamn hard. Playing 3 on Normal is like playing 2 on Mania (the secret hardest difficulty level!).

So basically what I'm saying is playing SOR3 is like trying to take on Jason Voorhees in a fair fight.

Streets%20of%20Rage.jpg
Streets%20of%20Rage%202.jpg
Streets%20of%20Rage%203.jpg

Ha! Git gud, n00b.

But for real, f*ck Streets of Rage 3. I think what makes it harder is the little extra lives they give you.

It's a great game but it's just not as playable as the first 2, due to the extreme difficulty. I've played the game a few times and I've only beaten it once. The first time I played it, my brother and I had to turn the difficulty down, only to get a sh*tty ending. That's a giant f*ck you, right there. The game demands you suffer just to reach the end. Passing it felt like a true accomplishment, but I never want to touch it again. Which is a shame because it really does have a lot of great ideas.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Ha! Git gud, n00b.

But for real, f*ck Streets of Rage 3. I think what makes it harder is the little extra lives they give you.

It's a great game but it's just not as playable as the first 2, due to the extreme difficulty. I've played the game a few times and I've only beaten it once. The first time I played it, my brother and I had to turn the difficulty down, only to get a sh*tty ending. That's a giant f*ck you, right there. The game demands you suffer just to reach the end. Passing it felt like a true accomplishment, but I never want to touch it again. Which is a shame because it really does have a lot of great ideas.

Taking a look at its TCRF page, Streets of Rage 3 is way more manageable in its Bare Knuckle III incarnation in Japan, as well as being uncensored (i.e. they changed Electra's outfit which was not changed in the previous games.)

ssP339X.png

Streets of Rage 2 Bare Knuckle III Street of Rage 3

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Soon I will finish Resident Evil Revelations on the Switch. Then I will probably play some Final Fantasy while I save up for more Switch games to play.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got Monster Hunter: World. This game is absolutely amazing. The open worlds and combat are very polished. The game offers tons of new weapons to choose from, each with a unique playing style to keep the game from getting stale, and the monster battles are so much fun, it keeps me coming back for more. The levels are beautifully-designed with tons of side quests and weapons to craft, offering the game infinite replayability. There's no shortage of content, either: the game's single-player campaign lasts over 50 hours.

Without question, this game is a contender for game of the year. If you like JRPGs or Dark Souls-type action games, you'll love this game.

Capcom games with a budget look and play good, who knew?

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Playing Fallout 4 cause i found a mod that makes you scrap everything. even creatures that attack you while you're in build mod. not sure about humans thou.

Peep

Something Horrible
Pretty much been jumping around everywhere games-wise. Still haven't platinumed Resident Evil Remaster, but I plan on it. I also replayed all the campaigns in RE6, which was more entertaining than I first assumed. Now, I'm going back and forth between Killing Floor 2 and Bloodborne. (But, mostly just playing Bloodborne, lol.)

BioLence

Pretty much been jumping around everywhere games-wise. Still haven't platinumed Resident Evil Remaster, but I plan on it. I also replayed all the campaigns in RE6, which was more entertaining than I first assumed. Now, I'm going back and forth between Killing Floor 2 and Bloodborne. (But, mostly just playing Bloodborne, lol.)

SWAT class is awesome!, i also love the SUPPORT one!, that auto shootgun is glorious! :smile:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So after I finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I started MUA2 and realized I had never actually... Finished it. Or really even played it. It seems that, back in the day, I ran into a bit of a bug in the very first mission.

So I did a quick internet search and found that there was a way to continue playing without activating the bug, so I restarted the game and forged onward... And realized that I hadn't really missed much.

I enjoyed the slight change to the roster of characters in this one and I can appreciate what they were trying to do with the story but I wasn't overly enthused with the gameplay changes that were made. The auto-save feature really slowed the game down in my opinion and, after an auto-save it usually took my game a minute to fully recover so there was an agonizing sixty seconds of lag every time I either changed areas or stumbled on a cutscene, which I found incredibly bothersome.

On a more shallow level, call me crazy, but I preferred how the first MUA looked by a pretty wide margin too.

Overall I found MUA2 to be a disappointment.:sad:

Turo602

The King of Kings
So after I finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I started MUA2 and realized I had never actually... Finished it. Or really even played it. It seems that, back in the day, I ran into a bit of a bug in the very first mission.

So I did a quick internet search and found that there was a way to continue playing without activating the bug, so I restarted the game and forged onward... And realized that I hadn't really missed much.

I enjoyed the slight change to the roster of characters in this one and I can appreciate what they were trying to do with the story but I wasn't overly enthused with the gameplay changes that were made. The auto-save feature really slowed the game down in my opinion and, after an auto-save it usually took my game a minute to fully recover so there was an agonizing sixty seconds of lag every time I either changed areas or stumbled on a cutscene, which I found incredibly bothersome.

On a more shallow level, call me crazy, but I preferred how the first MUA looked by a pretty wide margin too.

Overall I found MUA2 to be a disappointment.:sad:

Yeah, I much prefer the first one. It felt like a bigger tribute to the comics than this one which was just telling the Civil War story and bastardized a lot of the designs of the characters. I think the gameplay was a bit simplified as well but I was happy to play as much as I did because it was more Ultimate Alliance, but overall, yeah, it's a huge step down from the first.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Now I wish I still had the first Ultimate Alliance game :cry:

As for what is currently occupying my game time, I've been playing Disgaea 5 for the Switch.

mjk321

just finished Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings on the switch in 601 hours.
here's a tip: sleep mode on the Switch does not mean game play time is paused.

now I'm playing Dragon Quest Builders, pretty fun so far.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just picked up Bayonetta 2 for the Switch. I was lucky, I managed to get one of the only two copies left. I came home, played it and was instantly hooked. The animation and art style is rock-your-socks good, and the combat is some of the best I've ever had the pleasure of playing. There's so much weapon and move variety in this game, it's sick, and the over-the-top finishers you can use to cap off combos with make it all the more satisfying. It's classic DMC on steroids.

If you have a Switch, buy.this.game.now.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I just picked up Bayonetta 2 for the Switch. I was lucky, I managed to get one of the only two copies left. I came home, played it and was instantly hooked. The animation and art style is rock-your-socks good, and the combat is some of the best I've ever had the pleasure of playing. There's so much weapon and move variety in this game, it's sick, and the over-the-top finishers you can use to cap off combos with make it all the more satisfying. It's classic DMC on steroids.

If you have a Switch, buy.this.game.now.

Is the game really that scarce? I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. But yeah, very criminally underrated series. By far some of the best action games I ever played. I'll definitely pick it up on the Switch eventually. Is this your first time playing the series?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Playing Just Cause 3. Really enjoying it despite the very annoying glitches that occur a fair bit.

Top Bottom