• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Director Bison

King of Games
been playing the new updated PC port of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
there is just something about old FPS's that feels so right

hyped for Turok 2's turn

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So the one where everybody lives and has the post credit scene. Got it. The bad ending you see but a hint of Alex's power. Damn she's strong AF!
But she's still defeated... Just like everyone else. And I'm not sure how I feel about her talking mad **** about Wesker and then stealing his uroboros research to further her own.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
i didn't even grow up with it

but when i finally did play DOOM, it felt like pure magic
i hope DOOM 4 can live up to it's own legacy

It looks like Brutal Doom in modern graphics, so I'm pretty hopefully that it'll rock socks.

9225f8b139b254225a2e2a803b86d18b.png

Director Bison

King of Games
It looks like Brutal Doom in modern graphics, so I'm pretty hopefully that it'll rock socks.
i'm hopeful too

but the thing that makes DOOM 1 and 2 so good isn't just that it's violent
it's the tactics that a player learns on there own and uses against enemies

this video does a great job of showing that

while i do love me some brutal DOOM, it's still just a mod
and the tactics kind of just go out the window since your so worked up over the violence

but i think they'll find a good middle ground

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
i'm hopeful too

but the thing that makes DOOM 1 and 2 so good isn't just that it's violent
it's the tactics that a player learns on there own and uses against enemies

this video does a great job of showing that

while i do love me some brutal DOOM, it's still just a mod
and the tactics kind of just go out the window since your so worked up over the violence

but i think they'll find a good middle ground

I'm also hoping that the level design has some non-linearity to it, while most people remember Doom as being a big dumb shooter, it was smarter than many give it credit for, since the levels were pretty cryptic and maze-like at times with some clever tricks and traps.

Director Bison

King of Games
I'm also hoping that the level design has some non-linearity to it, while most people remember Doom as being a big dumb shooter, it was smarter than many give it credit for, since the levels were pretty cryptic and maze-like at times with some clever tricks and traps.
exactly while many games now try and make they player feel something with there story

game's like Doom make the player feel with the gameplay

like i was just playing Turok today and i jumped in to a portal to a secret room i go inside and beat the room but when i come out i realized the portal i came in threw was over a pit i fell down and landed in a pool of water

i wasn't even a big deal since it took me less then 10 seconds to get back to were i was

but it was funny since there was no way for me not to have fallen down the pit (i got trolled)
i can only hope more games today can learn to do this

Fenris

Wolf :)
I bought a strange game today that I keep playing the entire day... Most of you probably won't know it... It's not very popular either *cough* Nah just kidding :D I'm glad to finally play REmake and Zero on something else than an emulator on my slow a** PC.

12670086_1017992558262605_7014456962550569664_n.jpg

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I was playing Resident Evil Zero: HD Remaster... then I went back to playing the GameCube version and for some reason I just prefer it, despite it not including the 3D controls or Wesker mode.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
My brother sent me a text saying "Got somethin' that might interest ya. Stranger". and when i went to his room he handed me his 3ds and Resident Evil Revelations 1.

FelixK

Zombies must shuffle
Playing through:
Resident evil 3 (ps3)
Resident evil 1 remake HD (ps4)
On hiatus from Resident evil zero HD due to a ****tered laptop screen.
Cod black ops for fun (360)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
But she's still defeated... Just like everyone else. And I'm not sure how I feel about her talking mad **** about Wesker and then stealing his uroboros research to further her own.

Was she really though? In the bad ending she clearly won. She did in the good ending as well, but Capcom at least allowed the player to have a satisfaction of winning. Did it even matter at that point? Alex already made it clear that, that vessel is disposable. She killed herself, luckily she was revived to fix her mistake, which she did as outlined in the final document of the game (well just before she did). No matter what way you look at the matter... Alex won. She achieved her goals and quite flawlessly if I must say. In other words.... yeah the plot armor came off and we finally have a game where the antagonist wins. That's just in general, for a Resident Evil game.... that's an outcry.

Alex actually sympathised for Albert's death and respected him. I mean she's wearing an Obsidian necklaces. Maybe it's his remains LMAO! She thought of him as a brother and compared her relationship akin to Gregor and Greta from Metamorphosis by Kafka. Sure she thought her to be above him and everyone else, abandoned him. And it's highly likely that even though he knew of her, unlike Alex (who was the head of Project W. at one point) probably didn't know that she was a Wesker or that there were other Wesker's.
A document also explains that Albert sent her a sample of Uroboros. After his death she sent her people to Africa to get more. It is true that she called "Uroboros" an abomination, but recognised it had potential and she greatly improved it.

I wouldn't say that she was **** talking Albert. But... No matter how you look at it. Alex is just a bitch. She's the most evil person in the series. Hell she was called both a witch and "the devil herself". Capcom went out of their way to actually make her scary and evil. I'd debate she's one of the most evil characters in literature. ****ing bitch goes on and on about how she loves the pain, despair, and suffering. Prepared their graves and goes on and on about how she's going to kill an innocent little girl. Barry said it best "There is no salvation for you". There is no possible redemption for Alex Wesker.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
In response to ^
It makes me wonder if Albert ever thought of Alex.
Probably something like "I'm better than her ect"

Anyway
Currently playing:
Block Ops 3
Dying Light (the following expansion next week woo)
Last of us
Bloodborne (trying to plat this, don't think I'm far off now)
Re0

Airaku

Stray Jedi
In response to ^
It makes me wonder if Albert ever thought of Alex.
Probably something like "I'm better than her ect"

We may never know. It would be funny if he did. After all he left the Science Division at Umbrella to form S.T.A.R.S. because he recognised his own limitations and couldn't keep up with William. Alex may actually be much smarter than William. She was also favored by Spencer and is the "brightest and the best of them all". Regardless of what Albert may have thought.... he would be wrong.

I would love to see them fight at this point. Albert with his powers and Alex with hers (which she now has access to). Alex is clearly stronger than he is physically, but his speed is no where near what she is assumed to be capable of. He could rock out to "Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer against her. I can only imagine how rage induced she'd become. On the flip side... it's confirmed that Alex can analyse and read people, figure out what makes them tick and know them inside and out. This would be deadly for Albert. She could find his patterns and **** him right up. He could literally go for an open palm strike and she'd just stand there and be like "LOL NOPE!" and grab him by the neck, by determining where he'll appear. Then proceed to rip out his jugular for rapping to her. I doubt she likes rap. In straight up hand to hand combat without his speed, Albert is dead as ****.

I am not going to account for the whole bull**** stunt that Alex pulled where **** disintegrates into dust in her hands. Seriously, what kind of OP bull**** is that? I originally assumed that it was just because when you kill a B.O.W. it liquidates, but that is a gameplay design to get around technical limitations. It doesn't actually happen in cut scenes when you kill a boss or B.O.W.'s. They remain on the ground. So seriously? WTF is that ****?

Turo602

The King of Kings
Finished Sunset Overdrive a while ago. It actually turned out to be a very fun game. The biggest flaw though is that after you beat the game, currency becomes very scarce which makes buying weapons and clothing very very tedious if you're going for the 100%. I also feel the game could be even more enjoyable in co-op so here's hoping for sequel.

With that done, I'm currently revisiting Sonic Generations and earning more achievements. I've also been playing some Revelations 2 on the side. I actually just started doing Raid Mode which is a lot fun.

Edit: I was actually able to get a perfect gamerscore on Sonic Generations this morning. It turned out to be a lot more doable than I originally thought. I gotta say, after playing it again, my opinion of the game has slightly changed for the better.

Last edited:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

I don't know why but the part where you see Link chilling on the ground while listening to the Great Duke Tree always makes me laugh for some reason.

Top Bottom