• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

RipvanX

Been playing a LOT of Passpartout and also revisted Fallout New Vegas. Aside from the fact that every single bit of DLC is horribly broken, I remember now why it's probably my favourite of the Fallout games so far.

Cannot stress enough how broken the DLC is though. Like, wow.
Yeah the frame rate alone for Fallout 3 and New Vegas got so bad at the end it was unplayable. Like less than a frame per second lol. Idk how I managed to 100% them on PS3 back in the day.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I have never found so many game-breaking bugs and glitches. If it wasn't for being on the PC and using console commands, I'd never have managed to navigate past the broken quest stages.

It's a shame because the Dead Money DLC was especially interesting to me. Lonesome Road made zero sense...but that's prolly coz I started it straight away and didn't wait to play the main campaign first. I headed straight for Caesar's fort, killed him and then started Lonesome Road. The Legion are my least favourite faction.

Did manage to pick up some side quests I'd never noticed before on the Strip. Going to make a list of all the side quests in the vanilla game and try to complete all of them.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Working on that platinum for Angry Video Game Nerd I+II Deluxe. Only one left to go! But it's to perfect every level. Which means beat every level without dying. I have like 5 left and MAN it's a bitch.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Trophy hunting is so addictive. The only issue is that when it becomes an addiction, you want to know what trophies there will be for a story. I am trying to play RE Village as spoiler free as possible, but I have to admit, I did look up the non-story trophies to make sure I can take care of them as I play!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I've gotten more than half of the trophies. I know eventually I'll need to a collectibles run but I'm currently playing Hardcore and upgrading all the weapons.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I’m about 30 minutes into Resident Evil Village and gotta say I am enjoying it so far.

Idk if this is really a spoiler at this point but
Did anyone else giggle evilly when Mia became Swiss cheese? Lol

I do feel like Ethan has more personality this time around which is a plus and it’s been pretty scary so far. Totally getting RE4 vibes... and some Game of Thrones vibes but I digress for now.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Since I won't have Village for a while I decided to try and Platinum the REmake and...THIS MORNING I DID MY VERY FIRST UNDER THREE HOUR SPEEDRUN!!
Getting a perfect on REmake was truly something special. I love it when achievements push you beyond just beating a game and make you dig into every facet of it. I did stuff in REmake I never thought I'd ever do and I'm glad I did too. I used to be intimidated by REmake and think it was this really difficult game, but I got so good at it just because the achievements pushed me to it and it honestly wasn't even as hard as I imagined it would be.

Same with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. As someone who has spent countless hours playing various Halo games for the majority of my life, the achievements made me discover and achieve so many things I never thought I could or even knew about in each Halo game. I wish more games did achievements this well.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Getting a perfect on REmake was truly something special. I love it when achievements push you beyond just beating a game and make you dig into every facet of it. I did stuff in REmake I never thought I'd ever do and I'm glad I did too. I used to be intimidated by REmake and think it was this really difficult game, but I got so good at it just because the achievements pushed me to it and it honestly wasn't even as hard as I imagined it would be.

Same with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. As someone who has spent countless hours playing various Halo games for the majority of my life, the achievements made me discover and achieve so many things I never thought I could or even knew about in each Halo game. I wish more games did achievements this well.
I feel ya. I've only recently got REALLY into Trophy hunting. Honestly Insomniac's Spider-Man is what did it. I more or less accidentally Platinumed it. I had one trophy left by the games end just because I was really into completing everything. Found out if I took a photo of Uncle Ben's grave I'd get the Platinum. And it made me check and see if I'd ever platinumed anything else (Turns out all three Spyro remakes but I hadn't realized up to that point), and from those four I just figured...Ya know what. I'm gonna trophy hunt from now on. This is a blast. And through all of that I looked at REmakes trophys and thought "oh boy. I may be an RE fan but some of these seem INSANE." Started taking the plunge in it, and I'm having a blast. Currently trying to do three in one run. No Ink Ribbon run, Don't save anyone using Chris, and I believe if I beat it (It's on hard), I'll get the passion for fashion trophy getting Chris's last costume. Then I think all that will be left is Real Survivor mode and Invisible Enemy mode. Which...Those may get dicey. Oh! And a knife only run. That may be rough too.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I feel ya. I've only recently got REALLY into Trophy hunting. Honestly Insomniac's Spider-Man is what did it. I more or less accidentally Platinumed it. I had one trophy left by the games end just because I was really into completing everything. Found out if I took a photo of Uncle Ben's grave I'd get the Platinum. And it made me check and see if I'd ever platinumed anything else (Turns out all three Spyro remakes but I hadn't realized up to that point), and from those four I just figured...Ya know what. I'm gonna trophy hunt from now on. This is a blast. And through all of that I looked at REmakes trophys and thought "oh boy. I may be an RE fan but some of these seem INSANE." Started taking the plunge in it, and I'm having a blast. Currently trying to do three in one run. No Ink Ribbon run, Don't save anyone using Chris, and I believe if I beat it (It's on hard), I'll get the passion for fashion trophy getting Chris's last costume. Then I think all that will be left is Real Survivor mode and Invisible Enemy mode. Which...Those may get dicey. Oh! And a knife only run. That may be rough too.
Oh trust me, it's a lot easier than it sounds, especially since you'll have memorized the game by then and not be hindered by certain requirements like the no save run because saving is gonna be your friend.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh trust me, it's a lot easier than it sounds, especially since you'll have memorized the game by then and not be hindered by certain requirements like the no save run because saving is gonna be your friend.
Honestly the no save run seems like it shouldn't be an issue since I'm honestly cheesing it with the rocket launcher. I don't see a reason not to since I just unlocked it...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I would say I am about half way through Village and without spoilers, I will say the game corrected almost all of the issues I had with RE7. However, there are a lot of weird character decisions that really feel out of place, but I am at least enjoying Ethan's reactions to things.

Cannot WAIT to finish it. Unfortunately, I will be hosting the in-laws all weekend for the fiancée's bridal shower. And while I love them, I really want to finish this GAME! haha

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No Ink Ribbon run with No Survivors for Chris is complete! Turns out I'm still missing a costume, so I gotta do that. But I'll just do that on the knife only run. Oh well! Just more reasons to keep playing!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I have a few games that I’m currently playing through at the moment- mostly RE games.

Currently doing another play on RE5’s story mode for the PS4 because it’s one of the only multiplayer games that I own. It’s a fun game to play especially for its time but there is no denying that the gameplay has been perfected in more recent times. Not that I expect this to ever be a thing but it would be awesome to see this game in the new RE engine (with some story modifications) like they’re already doing with RE4.

Finally picked up on my second run through of RE7... almost 1 year later lol. I’m at the point where you deal with Marguerite Baker which is the high point of the game for me. The thing about this game is that I find myself absolutely loving it during the first half but then later, when it has the chance to properly tie in with other games of the series, it doesn’t and also takes a nose dive in its own pacing and story buildup. But it’s been enlightening playing RE7 and RE8 back to back; seeing what they’ve changed between the two. I have also been enjoying the first person gameplay more lately- even if I do wish they gave us the option to play in third person. I guess that just wouldn’t work though with the block feature they’ve perfected with RE8. There is also no denying that it adds a level of immersion and tension that third person sometimes can’t accomplish, especially when grabbed or hit from behind.

Also beginning to play Dead Space for the PC. I never managed to play through this game in its entirety but it is a perfect example of how terrifying a game can be even in third person perspective (same goes for REmake 2). I’m looking forward to playing through this game and it’s sequels soon.

Last edited:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
@bSTAR_182 I’m glad you’re enjoying dead space! It’s one of my all time favorite horror games. The second one is even better.

One game I’ve played recently that really stuck out for me as far as originality goes is control. It’s under the horror genre, but it didn’t feel as much scary to me as it did feel enthralling. I couldn’t put the controller down, even when my sleep schedule depended on it lol I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoyed dead space though, because some elements did feel like it, and others felt like the evil within. It’s third person too, so no one has to worry about being dizzy when they play!

Turo602

The King of Kings
@bSTAR_182 You're definitely in for a great experience. Dead Space was such a fantastic series that unfortunately met its demise. But a spiritual successor from the creator was announced recently called The Callisto Protocol which you should definitely keep an eye on when you're done with Dead Space.

@Storyofmylife Yes! Control is awesome. I'm currently making my way through The Foundation DLC and it's seriously such a shame how overlooked both this game and Remedy are. They craft such fully realized worlds with so much personality and character and Control is no different. It's by far one of the coolest games I've played in recent memory just based on the fun and fluid mechanics alone. But the mysterious world, creepy atmosphere, Metroidvania design, and Resident Evil-like puzzles definitely drive it home for me as a truly spectacular game.

Sam Lake doesn't get enough recognition as one of gaming's greatest auteurs and I couldn't be anymore excited for their upcoming works after they established a connected universe with that Alan Wake DLC, which was yet another amazing game that was unfortunately overlooked when it released. If you haven't played it yet, I definitely recommend that you do if you're a fan of psychological thrillers, Stephen King, or Twin Peaks.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
@Turo602 Ive not played Alan Wake yet, but i’ve been meaning to! I’m a huge fan of Stephen King, and psychological thrillers in general. Thanks for the recommendation! Ever since I played Control I can’t quite get that one song out of my head that starts playing near the end with all the endless rooms lol

Speaking of space and thrillers, I’ve been eyeing Returnal lately. It’s really new, but I fully intend on buying it after I’ve unlocked the majority of trophies in Village. The screencaps are beautiful.

Turo602

The King of Kings
@Turo602 Ive not played Alan Wake yet, but i’ve been meaning to! I’m a huge fan of Stephen King, and psychological thrillers in general. Thanks for the recommendation! Ever since I played Control I can’t quite get that one song out of my head that starts playing near the end with all the endless rooms lol

Speaking of space and thrillers, I’ve been eyeing Returnal lately. It’s really new, but I fully intend on buying it after I’ve unlocked the majority of trophies in Village. The screencaps are beautiful.
The Ashtray Maze! That part was so amazing. I always love it when video games incorporate music into gameplay during pivotal moments in the game. There was a similar moment with another Old Gods of Asgard song playing on a concert stage in Alan Wake. Personally, I haven't been able to get Dr. Darling's song out of my head. :LOL:

Yeah, Returnal looks great but I've been kind of put off by it due its roguelike nature and apparently saving issues that they have yet to resolve. I hear it's a great game regardless, but I personally just can't get into roguelike games.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
The Ashtray Maze! That part was so amazing. I always love it when video games incorporate music into gameplay during pivotal moments in the game. There was a similar moment with another Old Gods of Asgard song playing on a concert stage in Alan Wake. Personally, I haven't been able to get Dr. Darling's song out of my head. :LOL:

Yeah, Returnal looks great but I've been kind of put off by it due its roguelike nature and apparently saving issues that they have yet to resolve. I hear it's a great game regardless, but I personally just can't get into roguelike games.
I’m definitely gonna wait to play it until the price goes down then! I’ve been doing the same with cyberpunk lol when I hear a game is super buggy I don’t see the point in playing it full price until it’s fixed!

Top Bottom