• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I completely agree Mr. R. That game is too big for its own good. I feel bad for people who want to Platinum that game. It is more of a punishment than anything. The game is so fun though. The exploration is arguably some of the best ever designed in a game. The story is only okay, but the game is really great when it comes to the smaller side stories. The main story is very cliche and I never felt like there was a real major battle that felt like the big conclusion. I feel like that game could do with a little pruning. I do not want to feel dread when I have to find my ship and sail it for another 10 minutes. Or feel overwhelmed that my next objective is 500 miles away! I suppose playing Valhalla will put these things it to perspective for me eventually.

Would love to hear a full review of your experience!

Mr.R

I completely agree Mr. R. That game is too big for its own good. I feel bad for people who want to Platinum that game. It is more of a punishment than anything. The game is so fun though. The exploration is arguably some of the best ever designed in a game. The story is only okay, but the game is really great when it comes to the smaller side stories. The main story is very cliche and I never felt like there was a real major battle that felt like the big conclusion. I feel like that game could do with a little pruning. I do not want to feel dread when I have to find my ship and sail it for another 10 minutes. Or feel overwhelmed that my next objective is 500 miles away! I suppose playing Valhalla will put these things it to perspective for me eventually.

Would love to hear a full review of your experience!

I don't have any intention to platinum Odyssey, so that's okay. I actually rarely platinum games, unlees I really, really feel like. The game is fun, combat is very fun (which is a first in Ac for me. I know this combat first appeared in Origins, but I haven't played that yet, so Odyssey was my first experience with). I really liked the main story. Especially when the core cast comes together to do something (Sokrates, Herodotus, Barnabas e co. Even Alkibiades, that sassy jerk). But the Legacy of the First Blade was a really cool storytelling. Even if it screwed the game's timeline a bit, but I liked it. As for real major battles...AC never had too much of those, to be honest. I remember the 1st and 2nd games having real boss battles, but those were pretty bad.

I don't think I would say much more than this in a full review. It's a pretty game, with an interesting combat, but it's too big for it's own good. Too bloated, with too much "pausing all the time to see the new equipment and...hey, it's the same I have equipped but with BIGGER NUMBERS!". I think I'll be happy after I finish Fate of the Atlantis. I normally only play 1 Assassin's creed game a year, but 2020 I played Black Flag and I'm still playing Odyssey, so this year I'll be skipping one AC xD Also, I'll probably end up playing Origins before Valhalla, because I think ancient Egypt is a more interesting scenario than Viking Stuff-in-Britain.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Now, I've just started Little Nightmares. I'm not very far in but it seems good.
Currently playing Little Nightmares and I'm really enjoying myself. Think I might pre-order the second one.

I'm glad to see this game getting some love. I couldn't believe how much I got into it when I played it and it even got my sister's attention and she doesn't really play video games either. Really underrated game and I highly recommend looking up theory/lore videos when you guys finish. Some really interesting stuff hiding in this game.

Reactions: Jen

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Turo602 @Jen I love it and I've already pre-ordered LN2! I got super into this game and I literally found it by accident.

My husband and I love watching DashieGames YouTube channel and he just played it about a month ago and we both got hooked on the videos. I checked it out and saw that it was on sale for about $5 on PSN and the DLC was only $10 so I bought it.

I really love how there's not a lot of concrete narrative. It makes you think and you really have to make up your own theories as to what's going on or why things are happening.

The demo for LN2 was pretty amazing and I'm excited to sink my teeth into the full game next week.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have been spending time with Mortal Kombat 11 and the Spyro remaster.

I was going to purchase Aftermath, but there are no trophies, so it feels like a waste of time until they add them in. As for Spyro, I have never played one for a long amount of time. It is fun. Very easy, but I love these exploration collection style games of yesteryear!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
If you ever come across a pink player in Among Us called Jen, and the lobby is full of strange people, it's highly likely it's me and my friends. :ROFL:
Every lobby is full of strange people :ROFL:

Almost everyone I play with gets irate with me because I'm SO SLOW navigating the map - they think I'm fake-tasking, throw me out and then realise I wasn't the imposter. Back in the lobby and all I get is abuse. Drama, drama, drama...:LOL:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So I just finished Little Nightmares 2.

I loved it! Not only is the game absolutely beautiful but they really ironed out the controls and made everything feel so smooth.

I really like Mono, he reminds me a lot of the Runaway Kid, who was my favorite part of the first game.

As always with Little Nightmares, I walk away a bit confused about what's going on. I've heard this is a sequel, apparently the devs "said so", but I'm getting serious prequel vibes. Maybe that's just me, I was getting them from the trailers too while everyone else was screaming sequel so maybe I'm just crazy.

Someone please play this game so I can have some intelligent conversation about what's going on. None of that to be found on Reddit, not that I expected anything less.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I just got the Platinum for the first Remastered Spyro and have started Riptos Rage. I never played a Spyro game when I was younger because I felt like I was too old for childrens games. Turns out, I really like them!

In between Riptos Rage and Year of the Dragon, I have Red Dead 2 ready to go! Excited to play one of the top games of the past few years FINALLY.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Heart of China, an old rpg from 1991.

Keep dying...this time it's coz I forgot my cow. Apparently I needed a cow. I was unaware of this until I was killed for not having a cow.

Stupid cow...

Turo602

The King of Kings
I just got the Platinum for the first Remastered Spyro and have started Riptos Rage. I never played a Spyro game when I was younger because I felt like I was too old for childrens games. Turns out, I really like them!

In between Riptos Rage and Year of the Dragon, I have Red Dead 2 ready to go! Excited to play one of the top games of the past few years FINALLY.
I'm currently wrapping up Red Dead Redemption II. Man, it's gotta be the most impressive and immersive game I've ever played. The story is just phenomenal and the open-world is so rich with detail and endless scenarios, encounters, and interactions. The gameplay feels overly complicated at first, but then it all just comes naturally over time and ultimately grounds you into the world with its methodical pace. It's easily Rockstar's magnum opus and I'd even say my favorite game of all time.

I've also been playing Super Mario 64 for the first time, not counting the DS remake (which I never finished), and as much as I've had some solid fun with it and still motivated to get all 120 Stars, it has aged rather poorly. Honestly, I'm so shocked so many people still consider this the best Mario game or criticize Sunshine the way they do. The camera is the game's biggest enemy and I'm currently feeling the most frustration I've had with it on the stupid Tiny-Huge Island which is just a complete f*cking camera nightmare with its horrendous design and Mario's awkward movements aren't doing it any favors either.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have really enjoyed the storytelling so far in RDR2 and you are right - the controls havent clicked with me yet, but I will figure it out. I am looking forward to getting to see what everyone has been raving about!

Mario 64 is a great game and it really revolutionized console 3D games. But it is really hard to play with the knowledge of how it could play. I understand completely - it is a lot of fun and quirky with hindsight. But I do not think it is the top Mario game of all time. My vote still goes to Super Mario World for that honor.

TRCMods

Just replaying the Re7 dlcs not a hero and end of Zoe. I'm not sure after that. P5 strikers looks fun but I rarely buy games new and full price.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Currently trying to make it through Oddworld New N Tasty. I remember the original being crazy difficult as a kid but damn did they have to add more Mudokons?

rashawnvalentine

I just started giving Phasmophobia a shot. I'm honestly not that much of a fan so far, but it's just so different from any other game I've ever played.

Oblivion Knight

I'm going through a nostalgia phase at the moment.. You'll soon come to know about me and my gaming backlog :LOL:
  • Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
  • Pokémon Blue Version
Both are games that I've owned for years, have played them but never finished them.. I'm aiming to correct that!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I was a Red version guy when I first got the game while my brother got the Blue version. I do not know why Pokemon enthusiasts are so excited for their own version of the game, but everytime I hear someone say theyre playing blue, Im always just like.... WHY??? haha. I have the same feelings for Red, Silver, Ruby, Diamond, Black, X, Sun, and Sword. Just one of those things I guess.

Top Bottom