• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Currently my husband and I are heavily consumed by Elder Scrolls Online. Otherwise I've been playing Final Fantasy XV (I stopped playing when I got my platinum, but as new DLCs are released, I return to play through those.).

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Having just finished Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, I'm working on Ocarina of Time. I'm just playing Zelda games to tide me over until I can get Breath of the Wild

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Having just finished Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, I'm working on Ocarina of Time. I'm just playing Zelda games to tide me over until I can get Breath of the Wild

Ocarina of Time will always be my favorite LOZ game I think. I didn't like the art style of Wind Waker, but that's just personal preference. I would really like to play Breath of the Wild, but I don't have a Wii U or a Switch so it would be a very expensive game to play lol.

Kind of on topic: I currently have on my entertainment center: My flat screen TV, 2 PS4s, a PS3 a PS2 and an N64 which constantly has Ocarina of Time loaded XD. I play it all the time still.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I've been playing Bloodborne.
I painstakingly went through the I-don't-know-any-builds-first-time playthrough. I have a new PS4 with several games I'm eager to play, but I wanted to 100% defeat every boss in BB with my awkward character. After weeks, I had narrowed the game down to the final boss and the last boss in the DLC. Frustrated with the DLC, I wanted to go into the final boss room to see how challenging he was in comparison. Just a peek.

I mashed X through the dialogue and watched the boss's intro cutscene play out. He stood and looked at my character, who kneeled. Raising a mighty weapon that I instantly wanted to acquire, he swung and my derpy lil lady fell to the ground minus a head. The game faded to black, and I watched in horror as the end credits rolled. My entire two week endeavor had been brought to a close because I didn't give a **** what Gehrman had to say and tried to skip to the fight. I lost, evil prevailed, and all of the content I had been FEVERISHLY throwing myself at was instantly as out of reach as the day I bought the game.

I am now going through the game a second time on a skill/bloodtinge build; beelining my playthrough towards the Chikage. Dark Souls has never punk'd anyone on this level and I am salty as hell.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Really like the characters in that game. All of them are likable in their own way.

Now I just need to try the Classics.

Kurisu

Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Really like the characters in that game. All of them are likable in their own way.

Now I just need to try the Classics.
Nice, I heard the classic ones are hard. Are you considering playing Fates or Echoes: Shadows of Valentia when it comes out?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Nice, I heard the classic ones are hard. Are you considering playing Fates or Echoes: Shadows of Valentia when it comes out?
Hell yeah. I plan on getting Echoes without a doubt.

Can't be bothered with Fate's atrocious plot though. Gameplay wise it looks fun. But I can't get into that story or the characters. And having literally what? FIFTHEEN Royals in one game? The hell is that?

Kurisu

Hell yeah. I plan on getting Echoes without a doubt.

Can't be bothered with Fate's atrocious plot though. Gameplay wise it looks fun. But I can't get into that story or the characters. And having literally what? FIFTHEEN Royals in one game? The hell is that?
Yeah, I get what you mean, on Fates I just played Conquest, but the plot itself judging the 3 games it's so... Open? Also why make 3 games about it, Nintendo? It's pitiful that the option of joining the other kingdom or just stay behind appear but you put "Oh, you don't have this route, buy it on the eShop." Ew.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I've been playing Bloodborne.
I painstakingly went through the I-don't-know-any-builds-first-time playthrough. I have a new PS4 with several games I'm eager to play, but I wanted to 100% defeat every boss in BB with my awkward character. After weeks, I had narrowed the game down to the final boss and the last boss in the DLC. Frustrated with the DLC, I wanted to go into the final boss room to see how challenging he was in comparison. Just a peek.

I mashed X through the dialogue and watched the boss's intro cutscene play out. He stood and looked at my character, who kneeled. Raising a mighty weapon that I instantly wanted to acquire, he swung and my derpy lil lady fell to the ground minus a head. The game faded to black, and I watched in horror as the end credits rolled. My entire two week endeavor had been brought to a close because I didn't give a **** what Gehrman had to say and tried to skip to the fight. I lost, evil prevailed, and all of the content I had been FEVERISHLY throwing myself at was instantly as out of reach as the day I bought the game.

I am now going through the game a second time on a skill/bloodtinge build; beelining my playthrough towards the Chikage. Dark Souls has never punk'd anyone on this level and I am salty as hell.
Yea BB is harder than any of the souls games imo and Ng+ and beyond is a fairly big step up in difficulty. You can't really play as defensive either since there's really no sheilds, armour with decent defense or spells and stuff. Plus u get ganked at every area pretty much xD

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Yeah, I get what you mean, on Fates I just played Conquest, but the plot itself judging the 3 games it's so... Open? Also why make 3 games about it, Nintendo? It's pitiful that the option of joining the other kingdom or just stay behind appear but you put "Oh, you don't have this route, buy it on the eShop." Ew.
Yeah. I thought that was sketchy.

But hey. What can you do. FE is at least largely re-playable so I while I won't give it a pass but at least it isn't a total steal.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
tumblr_oof04kYNXF1rtit9so1_1280.png

Playing well mobile JRPG

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Starting another playthrough of Uncharted 4! Is it weird that my favorite parts in this game are where we get to explore Nate and Elena's home?

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Have u ever played any of the Final Fantasy games @Jen? Figured if u liked KH, u would prob like the FF games too :)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Starting another playthrough of Uncharted 4! Is it weird that my favorite parts in this game are where we get to explore Nate and Elena's home?
I still need to platinum that game (and Uncharted 2 and 3 as well for that matter), but I got sucked into the multiplayer. So addicting and I still play it, haha! Have you tried it?

Have u ever played any of the Final Fantasy games @Jen? Figured if u liked KH, u would prob like the FF games too :)
I haven't tried them, to be honest. I've seen small bits of the series here and there but that's all. Maybe I'll have to look into it. I reckon Kingdom Hearts will be keeping me busy for a good while, though. :)

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Ah yea well if u ever do, I would recommend FFX. It's one of my favourites. Got a great story and awesome characters :)

Reactions: Jen

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I recently got back into Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Bless that game for still being as fun now as it was back then.

And also Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. Love that game too. Can't unhear Silver's Jap VA as Cloud though.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've been itching to play something on my PS4, so I started Tearaway: Unfolded because I thought it would be a quick easy-going platformer, which would have been perfect after playing something like Breath of the Wild. However, I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It had a very slow start and just when it starts to pick up, it slows right back down. It's a real shame too, because there's a lot of great stuff here and I absolutely love how it makes great use of the controller's unique features. You're often asked to draw something on the touch pad, shine the controller's light onto the screen, and can even throw things into the controller and actually hear noises and feel stuff clanking around in the controller. Unfortunately, there's just way too much filler in-between those great and unique moments. I wouldn't mind giving the game another shot on the Vita as I hear it doesn't have all the added filler the PS4 version has, though, I could never justify purchasing a Vita. This is the perfect example of where less is definitely more.

Anyway, after being let down by Tearaway, I decided to finally start Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and I couldn't be anymore pleased with it. Now here's a game that doesn't waste any time and gets straight to the point. It's a lot more fast paced and challenging than your typical side-scrolling Mario game and the creativity and secrets put into each level is just astounding. I really enjoyed the first one on the Wii and I'm ashamed it took me so long to get to this one. I hope Retro never stops making these games.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I've been itching to play something on my PS4, so I started Tearaway: Unfolded because I thought it would be a quick easy-going platformer, which would have been perfect after playing something like Breath of the Wild. However, I couldn't bring myself to finish it. It had a very slow start and just when it starts to pick up, it slows right back down. It's a real shame too, because there's a lot of great stuff here and I absolutely love how it makes great use of the controller's unique features. You're often asked to draw something on the touch pad, shine the controller's light onto the screen, and can even throw things into the controller and actually hear noises and feel stuff clanking around in the controller. Unfortunately, there's just way too much filler in-between those great and unique moments. I wouldn't mind giving the game another shot on the Vita as I hear it doesn't have all the added filler the PS4 version has, though, I could never justify purchasing a Vita. This is the perfect example of where less is definitely more.

Anyway, after being let down by Tearaway, I decided to finally start Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and I couldn't be anymore pleased with it. Now here's a game that doesn't waste any time and gets straight to the point. It's a lot more fast paced and challenging than your typical side-scrolling Mario game and the creativity and secrets put into each level is just astounding. I really enjoyed the first one on the Wii and I'm ashamed it took me so long to get to this one. I hope Retro never stops making these games.
I liked Tearaway but I found the controls to be gimmicky and the camera wasn't the best either. But other than I enjoyed it. It's made by the same ppl that made LBP right? It's kinda like LBP but with a third person view instead.

Competitive Streak

Currently stuck on BOTW right now. But I am playing through RE7 again for our Youtube channel. Its fun noticing all the little things in the game that I missed the first time through.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I liked Tearaway but I found the controls to be gimmicky and the camera wasn't the best either. But other than I enjoyed it. It's made by the same ppl that made LBP right? It's kinda like LBP but with a third person view instead.

The controls were gimmicky, but not in a bad way. I actually give Sony a lot of credit for doing something innovative with their controller without changing its design too drastically. I just wonder how many games actually take advantage of its features. That's funny, I had a feeling this game was made by the same people. You can just tell. Though, I could never get into Little Big Planet either. It just failed to grab my attention early on. And boy, those British people sure like to narrate their games. :p

Top Bottom