• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite RE game?

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
My favourite RE is a hard choice. Either 2 or 4. I loved 2 because it was plain awesome, creepy atmosphere, made me jump a lot, and I was a kid, so Birkin post-G-injection looked friggin' awesome! For 4, I was in my teens, and being a typical teen lad, expected better graphics with newer consoles, so 4 was more satisfying than 2 for that, and I found that that little bit of action and change in controls/camera etc. was a welcome change.

Also, the Ganado freaked me out with their grunting *_*

Luna113304

[Insert custom title here]
Resident Evil 0 hands down. Both characters were pretty sweet (Billy Coen fan girl here) and it introduced a second player to help, not like the help you get in the Outbreak games (though they were pretty sweet too).

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Dang, I like RE1, CVX and RE6 all a bunch. RE2 has it's spot for me in my heart too...but probably a tie among the three aforementioned, RE1, CVX and RE6. RE6 probably cuz it's the most recent awesome product we have.

Retrogamer

I really liked the first resident evil the most.It was the scariest, due to the atmosphere.Also has some of the cheesiest dialogue.Later games were more about jump scares than atmosphere, but 2 also had atmosphere.Code veronica x would be my second favourite, and had some of the most disturbing scenarios in resident evil, like the scene where alexia and alfred pull off the wings of the dragonfly and look at each other.The other is the evil psychopath doctor who's diary is titled:anatomist book.The third, is alfreds personality of multiple personality disorder is messed up.The rest are between jump scares, and cheesy scenes.I liked the wesker fighting with alexia.

Frenchman

It's between 1 and 2, I think I like 2 on the whole but preferred 1's puzzles.

Same for me. But I prefer RE 1, for the spooky mansion. I've always loved haunted house you have to explore with some puzzles. I like the ambiance. I was a great fan of The 7th guest, a 1992 game on PC, for the same reasons, although the game style is not the same at all.

The game was named "Resident" evil based on this mansion, but now the name of the game have nothing to do at all with the places where the following games take place. Hard to change the name of a so successful game. :D

Flipqy42

Nevermore
All of them, except Gaiden and Gun Survivor 2 because those are the only ones I never played.

(I can't find a copy of Gaiden and a GameBoy Color that's cheap and Gun Survivor 2 is Japan and Europe only.)

PhobosDiablo

Imho, the Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube is hands down the best RE game in the series, period. It has the most awesome survival horror elements, it aged really well and also has multiple endings. Sure, 4 and 5 are great games, but personally they don't have anything to do with surival horror anymore; I want to feel threatend all the time when I play an resident evil and the new games don't provide that at all.

Reactions: Hel

Fenris

Wolf :)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X! It had the best story in my opinion and the atmosphere was really deep and dark for a Resident Evil game. I liked the duo of Alfred and Alexia as Antagonists and I freaked out when Wesker and Chris returned. I also like the plot of Steve, from his zombie father to him transforming into a BOW. Code Veronica X was also the hardest game in my opinion. The Tyrant on the plane and the 2nd form of Alexia really killed me mulitple times and it took me a long time to defeat them. And it was REALLY long! I finishe RE1 and 2 in a couple of hours by now, but this game takes me more than just some hours. Up next there would be Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 2

Xenotronz

Member of Alpha Team (S.T.A.R.S)
I enjoyed RE1 and RE4.

RE1 was the first game I ever played when I got my PS1. In terms of graphics I think RE5 and RE6 are great.

Salt Dog

RE2 has always been my favorite. Reasons being what has all ready been said a thousand times. REmake is a very close second though. At the end of the day I love all of them so it's hard to rank them... except RE5... good game I guess, but didn't feel like RE at all. That one is for sure at the bottom of my list.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
The most fun in my opinion is RE4. I'm running through it on Professional Difficulty for the first time in years, and I forgot how tough it can be lolz. I also love how the story is just, ridiculous, for lack of better words. Perfect balance of horror and action, and great pacing. I could pick this up anyday and play it with now qualms, its not tedious to me(Like 0, or CVX. Good games, but they seem to drag.)

But in terms of atmosphere, and for the sake of nostalgia, REmake and RE2 are the better "Resident Evil" games if that makes any sense. I feel like picking a favorite comes with a certain stigma. Old vs New, ya know?

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Imho, the Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube is hands down the best RE game in the series, period. It has the most awesome survival horror elements, it aged really well and also has multiple endings. Sure, 4 and 5 are great games, but personally they don't have anything to do with surival horror anymore; I want to feel threatend all the time when I play an resident evil and the new games don't provide that at all.
The remake was the last good TRUE Resident Evil. Everything about it was classic Resident Evil, the way it should be. Taking the original game and story and upgrading it made me nervious at first.. until I bought and played the game myself. The remake, even though the original game is my fav, is ResidentEvil perfected. No RE game since has ever even came close to being as good as remake.

Hoady

I still haven't played all the Resi games but for now Resident Evil 4 stands the test of time. When you first walked into that village, my god it was unbelievable. I swear i can almost remember every corner in the game by heart.

Top Bottom