• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite RE game?

Cannibal Jesse

Cannibal Jesse on Xbox Live RE5, RE6 &Revelations.
I'm really adamant about Revelations, I also enjoy RE4. If the movement/combat mechanic from RE6 was implemented in RE4 I think I'd still be playing it daily.

DarkUmbrellaAgent86

...ever... ???

Mine is Resident evil 2 !

Please could someone tell me: Is the RE games for Gamcube just remakes of the ones from PS? and if so, is the graphics better?
Re: What is your fav. RE game?

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=116.msg1641#msg1641 date=1199277807]
for me, ada is the best.. ;D

Ada is "one" of the best, just not "the" best ;)[/quote]

DarkUmbrellaAgent86

The gamecube versions are pretty much the same game just ported over with the exception of resident evil one however the characters you can unlock are different but all and all they are good games just to add to your collection

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I think the best RE game will always be the RE Remake for Gamecube. Its sheer perfection in every way. The ultimate Resident Evil. RE 2 is also a masterpiece but while not really horror anymore RE 5 and 6 are the most entertaining to me. I also love Revelations, I love the combination of modern gameplay and old school horror feel.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Resident Evil Remake hands down. It refined an amazing concept and took it even further. Today, the game still holds up extremely well. Aside from the awkward movements the series used to be known for, it feels like a game that will never be outdated. Resident Evil is the definition of both a remake and a survival horror game. The genre has never been as good as it was since Remake and Zero released for the Gamecube. As my status says, it is truly an ingeniously crafted work of art.

No Hope Remains

I'm torn between saying RE2 and the remake, but the remake is infinitely better in terms of its realistic graphics and zombies. It's a pity that with today's technological capabilities that Capcom cannot make a totally scary, unique RE game again, it would seem.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I thought Revelations was definitely a step back into the scary horror direction without sacrificing the modern fluid gameplay. It went back without feeling like a step back. It had its flaws and it wasnt as masterful as REmake or RE 2 but it was a really great step into the right direction for the future. Everyone who says Revelations wasnt scary or suspenseful should try beating it on Infernal.....You cant get more survival horror than that.

Downside

I haven't played Revelations or RE6, so my answer will, of course, not take those into consideration. But I kind of have two answers for this. As far as gameplay and sheer fun, Resident Evil 4 is definitely my favorite. But in terms of atmosphere and dread, Resident Evil 2 wins. Overall, though, I'd have to say RE4 since it's the one I'd prefer to go back and play out of the two.

I'm torn between saying RE2 and the remake, but the remake is infinitely better in terms of its realistic graphics and zombies. It's a pity that with today's technological capabilities that Capcom cannot make a totally scary, unique RE game again, it would seem.

You know, I agree. But I think think it's been mentioned somewhere that RE7 will be a return to the series' roots. We may not know what that means exactly, but it sounds like more survival horror and less action movie.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
quite a toss up here, i'd be interested to hear people elaborate a bit more. from those of you saying original RE games to those of you saying 4/5/6.
I'd be curious to see if it's what RE game that you first started on to what made you make that opinion.

Top Bottom