• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite RE game?

iNFiN1TY

1, 2, 3.

I still remember those as it was yesterday. I love 2 the most though. But all have a special place in my heart.

SalazarLives1

Never played the first two games, though I'm sure it would be one of them if I had.
I think RE4 was brilliant for its time. Still creepy (though admittedly not as much as previous titles) but with some new and original scenarios and enemies. Also loved the bosses - Salazar and Saddler were both brilliant.

SalazarLives1

Re: What is your fav. RE game?

Yes the remake on Game Cube is only the remake of the one from PS1.
Well, that's why is my favourite Resi game.
But i love Code Veronica too, because of his story, really good.

But dude, a thread like your already exist ::)
RE 4 is my favourite, but agree with you about the Code Veronica storyline - excellent.

Kleine Welt

Resident Evil 5 Enthusiast
I had the most fun playing RE5 (I'm still enjoying it for that matter), but in terms of the series, Resident Evil 4 has to be my favorite.

Spencer Key

My favorite would be RE2 on the Dreamcast. I played the **** outta this game! I think I like finished the game 2 times with Leon and 5 times with Claire. This was in the space of about a year! I bought/ played the game in the year 2005 and picked it up real cheapish in a store for the Dreamcast and because I still had the old machine, I though, hey, why not! My favorite part of the game was in the city underground laboratory because I thought the layout was so cool, and the music was creepy! I did find Leon's adventure was slightly harder with limitations on ammo/weaponry. I didn't play as him as much. The graphics at the time when I played it were already pretty outdated, but it didn't bother me as I can appreciate its age and classic feel.

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
I know I'll be in the minority by saying RE6 is my favorite. I've loved every RE game I've played outside of Revelations, but for me 6 has been the most fun personally because I like coop play with friends and 6's coop is smoother than 5's. I can't wait for 5 to transition from Games for Windows Live to Steamworks.

umbra aeterna

I know I'll be in the minority by saying RE6 is my favorite. I've loved every RE game I've played outside of Revelations, but for me 6 has been the most fun personally because I like coop play with friends and 6's coop is smoother than 5's. I can't wait for 5 to transition from Games for Windows Live to Steamworks.

-i will say, the gameplay on re6 was good.re5 was the one I didn't like

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Resident Evil 4. I must have played that game for weeks of accumulated gametime.

GameCube - 12 playthroughs
PS2 - 0 playthroughs
Wii - 14 playthroughs
PC - 2 playthroughs
XBOX 360 - 5 playthroughs

Favourite classic RE is longbox Resident Evil 1 on the PlayStation, though I want to get into RE2. I have it on PC but for some reason, I just prefer console games. Kind of like how I didn't even touch MGS on PC but on PS1 I beat it twice in a day for both endings and the tux.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Hmm, going only off of the numbered games (and CV because it was a main story game, just the whole legal issues thing)...

1 started off the series, so there's that.

2 I love because it is the first one I ever played.

3 I liked, but probably my least favorite of the main entries. It didn't really add enough new mechanics to justify another game.

CV had the best story IMO.

4 I love because it changed the formula without ruining the series.

5&6 I love because they get so much hate but I don't think they deserve it, also, mercenaries.

But my all time favorite has to be RE 2

SalazarLives1

To be fair, RE6 did keep me entertained until I completed the Leon quest, but then I couldn't be bothered to go and finish off the others. The game just didn't grab my imagination enough.
Couldn't really fault co-op mode, which did work quite nicely.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
My Top 5
1. RE3
2.RE2
3.REmake/RE1
4.RE:CV
5.RE4

Least favorites are RE6 (except for Leon's campaign) and RE5.

Samuel Bowden

Zombie Killer
Definitely the first, because it is what the series started with. Two is memorable but not as much as when you see the first zombie in RE

Mark Mane McIntyre

My top 6
1. Resident Evil 4
2. Resident Evil Remake Remastered
3. Revelations
4. Revelations 2
5. Resident Evil 5.
6. Resident Evil 2 - This is only at the bottom is because I only played 15 mins of it
On terms of survival horror
1. Resident Evil Remake Remastered
2. RE4
3. RE2 - In those 15 mins I was scared AF
4. Revelations
5. RE5 BETA

Samuel Bowden

Zombie Killer
No offense but you probably should put your list because you haven't experienced all of two. You can't judge in fifteen minutes

Top Bottom