• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite RE game?

mblessing1989

I do love all the Resident Evil's. However, RE2 has to be the one I am most fond of. Not sure why. Maybe it was the pivotal moment with Leon and Ada that really gave the series real emotion or how it started to give us more of a story in to how the virus developed.

Resident Evil Zero really caught my attention as well, I remember at the time thinking it was visually appealing and an all round decent play. Not saying this was my second favourite in series, that accolade belongs to RE1, but like most people, I don't write RE : Zero completely off.

sleepercell4536

I do love all the Resident Evil's. However, RE2 has to be the one I am most fond of. Not sure why. Maybe it was the pivotal moment with Leon and Ada that really gave the series real emotion or how it started to give us more of a story in to how the virus developed.

Resident Evil Zero really caught my attention as well, I remember at the time thinking it was visually appealing and an all round decent play. Not saying this was my second favourite in series, that accolade belongs to RE1, but like most people, I don't write RE : Zero completely off.

sleepercell4536

i havnt played any games before revilations but iv herd the stores and they sound good just 1 thing from 1 to 4 the camra angle sucks

mblessing1989

It ruined the atmosphere and suspense completely. Yes the angle is better for accurate aiming but just gives everything away and doesn't give you those shock moments

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
It ruined the atmosphere and suspense completely. Yes the angle is better for accurate aiming but just gives everything away and doesn't give you those shock moments

I honestly don't care. I don't think it ruins the atmosphere like you say because when the camera's over the shoulder, you still can't look behind you and you need the C-Stick/Right Thumbstick to see to the sides, and I can say I prefer that, because it's better game design! In a game that emphasizes survival and conservation, cheap damage is frustrating and... cheap!

Although I should clarify: I'm not defending RE5 and RE6 (GOD no) but 4 and Revelations are proof that an over-the-shoulder camera alone doesn't ruin the aesthetic.

mblessing1989

Then that's a point we'll agree to differ on.

But weapon wielding zombies and zombies that fire guns? C'mon...that's a step too far.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Then that's a point we'll agree to differ on.

But weapon wielding zombies and zombies that fire guns? C'mon...that's a step too far.

I just said I won't defend RE5 and RE6! A couple of enemies have projectiles in 4 and Revelations but there aren't any gun wielding enemies.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I like all the core games, I feel they are great games and it would be hard to rank them, I remember playing them all a million times over and being speedy while playing them just for the sheer fact of shaving time off. They were all well done and made the story better. I like both camera angles but I feel a over the shoulder view int he older games would make the game to easy. But that doesnt mean over the shoulder didnt work in 4-6.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Having a better camera angle ruined the entire series for you?
"better" is subjective. RE 4's camera is over the shoulder which totally deviates from the artistic pre-rendered backgrounds.

I like the pre-rendered backgrounds and director's choice of camera it just adds to the atmosphere.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I feel this is going to be one of those 'If its not broke don't fix it' arguments. Yes the pre rendered backgrounds and fixed camera's really add almost a cinematic appeal, but over the shoulder is usable and can be used to provide a superb experience.

ToriJ

Resident Critic
Remake. The original Resident Evil game has always been my favorite. I just like the characters and the mansion setting, so the Remake was like the perfect game ever. It felt like a remake too. They didn't just update the visuals and all that, they added new content and led into a new game in Resident Evil 0.

Good times.

tothegrave88

I'd have to say REmake is my favorite, followed closely by 2. However, I just recently purchased RE2 from the PSN and I find it hard to play cause of the old school controls. I'm just not used to that anymore but I still love it (Despite crappy voice acting and dialogue).

Aurelius

Like I said in my intro thread, #2 and #3 are my favorites but #2 wins it for me. I've played that game that so many times that it is completely embedded into my brain. I had it so memorized that I knew:
  • How many enemies were in an area and where they were.
  • What key opened which door.
  • Where most of the files, hidden ammunition, misc items and photographs were.
  • How to solve all puzzles.
  • How to gain access to the special room that required two sets of fingerprint verification in the lab.
  • How to unlock all bonus weapons, along with Hunk and Tofu.

And my all time favorite:
  • It takes 18 handgun bullets to kill Brad Vickers in order to get the Special Key. I would grab a stronger weapon in order to save on ammunition, but it's one less thing that I have to backtrack for.

Top Bottom