• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I watched Saturday Night Fever. The older this movie gets, the more underrated it becomes, and I really do mean that. "Some goofy disco dancing movie with John Travolta? (Wait, what's this: A hard R-rating?)"

This movie throws all my friends for a loop because of The Bee Gees' soundtrack and Travolta's dancing is a part of pop culture, but it's got some real depth to it with the issues that it tackles. Tony Manero is a straight-up bastard at times, but the hardships that he faces as a young man are really relatable.
It's definitely worth mentioning to people who have never seen the film that it is NOT like Grease, AT ALL. This movie is gritty and dark, and not afraid to show you some real sh!t.

This movie is basically about a twenty-year-old guy whose life sucks, and his only escape is Saturday Night, when he becomes king of the disco with an ego to match. The movie also touches on being stuck in a dead end job, peer pressure, dysfunctional families, teen pregnancy, suicide, Catholic guilt, there's a ton of profanity, recreational drug use, somebody gets raped (but I won't say who). Tony and his friends are straight-up misogynist, racist, and homophobic pricks. Tony straight up says to his childhood friend and ex-girlfriend that 'a woman can be two things: A nice girl or a cvnt.' (Don't worry, he learns his lesson by the end.) And thank god John Travolta is such a charismatic actor, without him, Tony Manero would basically be Andrew Dice Clay.

It's funny that this is the movie to popularize disco, considering how unglamourous Tony Manero's life is.

sat-night-fever-gif-1423215483.gif

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Holy ****!!!! Just finished watching the last episode of AoS. So much happened and Alveus is OP as ****. Also.... ugh... I gasped and yelled at a few parts For those who seen it. You know exactly what I'm talking about. A great scene but I can't believe they want that far. That.... is ****ing bull****.

According to the actress that played Agent May. Chloe actually cried after filming that scene.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I'm watching Army of Darkness lol. It may sound silly but I love the skeletons in this movie :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Started watching the third season of The Hundred today. There are so many things I don't even remember anymore from the second season. But I'm glad to see that some of my favourite characters have returned.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I feel like I hold a grudge against E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial because it totally screwed over two of my favourite movies at the box office (John Carpenter's The Thing & Blade Runner). Might be the reason I never upgraded from VHS. VHS? You say. How antiquated! Well, VHS tapes are ten cents and the VCR was five dollars, so it's the cheapest way to buy movies without resorting to piracy. Nyeh.

I'll watch it again soon, I guess...

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Just watched a film called Ghostbusters: on icy trails. It was so bad but so good at the same time, I couldn't stop watching it.

Some highlights:
A montage about filling the fridge
Two scenes with awkward laughing
Another sad montage when a character leaves
A ghost that is defeated by love

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Watched Captain America: Civil War. Its a good movie the only thing i didn't like about it is

Batman is in it

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season 3 episode 20

I was really disappointed with the poor writing in the last 5-10 minutes.... just wow. All that build up for that bull****? It wasn't even consistent.

Other than that. Holy shi... Lincoln is a genius, as is May. What a stunt! Over all it was a great episode if we ignore that last bit.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I don't know why, but yesterday I rewatched Batman Forever. I can't explain why I did, it's a terrible movie, and I was disappointed with myself for watching it afterwards, but I felt compelled to watch it.

That being said, it's better than Batman and Robin. Batnipples, anyone? :D

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I don't know why, but yesterday I rewatched Batman Forever. I can't explain why I did, it's a terrible movie, and I was disappointed with myself for watching it afterwards, but I felt compelled to watch it.

That being said, it's better than Batman and Robin. Batnipples, anyone? :D

I prefer the other Batnipple ;D

Batman forever was okayish. Jim Carrey was good but i personally think that he would've been a better joker than both Jack Nicholson and heath ledger.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I prefer the other Batnipple ;D

Batman forever was okayish. Jim Carrey was good but i personally think that he would've been a better joker than both Jack Nicholson and heath ledger.
Nah, Heath was a better Joker, IMO. He got the menace and the psychotic side of the character perfectly. Jim might have been good in the role (and his Riddler felt like a trail run for the Joker at times), but I think he would've been miscast.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Jared Leto can do with the role in Suicide Squad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom