• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I just got back from Spider-Man: Homecoming last night. As a movie, it's probably the most fun I've had in the theater since The Dark Knight, but I can understand people's frustrations with changing characters.

Really glad you enjoyed it, but yeah I'm pretty ****ed over what they did the Spider-Man's character. Even Kevin Feige isn't sure if he has Spidey Sense or if Karen is the source of his spidey sense. He said he thinks he has it but "thinks" isn't good enough when there is no evidence he does have it. His only power is the ability to crawl lol. I won't be surprised if we see some inconsistency's in the future with Sony. Sony also has a vision for their own films and it sounds like they might get it right this time. Pretty excited for those, and they will cross over to some extent. Guessing certain aspects Marvel won't recognize thanks to at least one of those films receiving an "R" rating which doesn't fly by them.

Mini-rant:
Was anyone else bothers that Spider-Man lost to both of the antagonist? Shocker cheaply whooped his ass like a bitch and Vulture defeated him in the end fair and square in the end and I don't recall Spider-Man landing a blow on him (a few webs but nothing major). Vulture's suit exploding was the only thing that ended that fight and good ole Peter saved him. He definitely earned his respect but I'm disappointed that the only challenge Spider-Man over came was the elevator in the Washington Monument. Iron-Man had to save all the people on the ship and act all "Peter, you're a ****ing noob!" in a scene that was quite similar to the Subway train scene in Spider-Man 2 which was even a bigger challenge since Doc Oct was fighting him at the same time. Could you imagine how people would feel if something like that happened then? Damn, I'm all for heroes gathering their bearings but he got his ass whooped by two of the weakest villains in Spider-Man's catalogues. The Netflix Daredevil show and even Ironfist does a great job at showing a heroes weakness and gaining their bearings. Both The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 1 did a great job as well.
Honestly the fact they made Spider-Man seem weak and useless upset me as a fan. It's no wonder much of the hardcore Spider-Man fanbase are ****ed at this movie. A lot of the casual Spider-Man fans wouldn't even know half of the things wrong with this movie if they've noticed it outside of the MJ problem and I'm letting that one fly because there are far worse.

Don't even get me started on Shocker. Who is probably one of my favorite villains out of the "Low tier" villains, just behind
Scorpion who's coming mofo's :D
. Not only did they **** him up hard. Set pictures prove they were doing more with him. Maybe it's a good thing they cut him because if Shocker was at his full potential; Penis Parker would have died in this movie and there wouldn't be any more MCU Spider-Man appearances. He would have ****ing Destroyed this incarnation of Spider-Man like Vader ****ed those Rebel troopers at the end of Rouge One.

Bookem-Woodbine-Shocker.jpg
images

Turo602

The King of Kings
Okay, here are my problems with Homecoming.

• Action and soundtrack are underwhelming. The Sam Raimi trilogy did both of these perfect and even The Amazing Spider-Man, though the soundtrack a little less. Aside from maybe The Avengers theme, none of the MCU films have any memorable soundtracks and it's a shame to see this carried over to Spider-Man.
  • Tom Holland did a great job but his voice and characterization is very annoying. He sounds way too young and whiny and spends most of his time stumbling through scenes as Spider-Man. In some cases, it was amusing but in others, it was unnecessary and just feels like they wanted to throw in as many gags as they could into every scene. Even when he's making quips at enemies, he doesn't sound confident.
  • Another big one for me is the lack of Uncle Ben. He gets absolutely no mention in this film which is disappointing. Instead, they focus way too much on Tony Stark who should have no relevance to the man Peter becomes. It's like Sony/Marvel thinks that because a couple of cry babies whined about seeing him die over and over again, that they should completely forget he ever existed. Peter could have been his own man and thrown Ben's words at Tony and they could have even mentioned how they wish he was still with them when Aunt May and Peter were trying to tie a tie.
  • Which brings me to another gripe. Aunt May is mostly in this movie just so everyone can talk about how hot she is. Rather than being the wise struggling old woman who further burdens Peter, she's an attractive, hip, and too involved aunt.
  • Spider-Man's suit is also f*ckin ridiculous. Had Tony just implemented different web-shooter combinations, spider-tracers, and the spider-light thingy, that'd be completely fine. But adding an A.I. and all that other bullsh*t was just overkill. He might as well be wearing an Iron Man suit. That entire plot point of being nothing without the suit is just so stupid because that's never a lesson Spider-Man ever has to learn because there's absolutely nothing special about his costume.
  • Also, I get that Disney owns Marvel, but why did Pumba have to be in this movie? Not just that either, but why the hell is he Peter's friend and the f*cking Hob Goblin of all people? What, we've seen Harry before too so let's not ever see him again either? They don't have to touch up on the whole Goblin drama, just make Harry his goddamn friend for a change. Even Betty Brant is a damn kid which is stupid. I guess they don't have the balls to recast J. Jonah Jameson ever again. Such a huge part of Peter's life and it's ignored here too.
  • Flash Thompson... facepalm.
  • Oh, and then there's Zendaya and her stupid character and lame ass reveal. She was such an unnecessary character who just showed up for seconds at a time looking like she just woke up and stinks, just to make some of the lamest jokes ever that made no sense.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Watching the new Castlevania Netflix series. I'm just beginning the second episode, I must say I'm really enjoying it so far. That first episode was powerful.

Enjoy it, folks, it's probably the only semblance of Castlevania we'll ever get again apart from stupid gambling machines (how is this even legal?) because f*cking Konami sadly still owns the IP. I'm actually surprised they greenlit this TBH. Like I've said so many times (and it honestly can't be repeated enough), #F*cKonami.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Watching Dragon Ball Z episode 99. Man this series feels like a real drag. don't really know how people enjoy watching it. I mean the characters fight for 3 mins then spend the rest of the episode staring at each other and shouting "this is the end."

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Watching Dragon Ball Z episode 99. Man this series feels like a real drag. don't really know how people enjoy watching it. I mean the characters fight for 3 mins then spend the rest of the episode staring at each other and shouting "this is the end."

I loved it growing up. I highly recommend watching up until the end of the Cell saga. It falls off after that and Buu was kind of a lame villain (Fat Buu FTW tho) I heard rumors Toyama originally planned to end the series with Cell. The Android and Cell saga was quite phenomenal and my favorite part of the series by a long shot. A fantastic arc and a great villain. The story is much better in that arc compared to the rest as well. You're almost there so give it a whirl :p

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I loved it growing up. I highly recommend watching up until the end of the Cell saga. It falls off after that and Buu was kind of a lame villain (Fat Buu FTW tho) I heard rumors Toyama originally planned to end the series with Cell. The Android and Cell saga was quite phenomenal and my favorite part of the series by a long shot. A fantastic arc and a great villain. The story is much better in that arc compared to the rest as well. You're almost there so give it a whirl :p

To be honest i liked the original Dragon Ball. I did hate some of the characters and still hate them and feel like they should get rid of them.

Like Bulma. i really hate her. she is more annoying than Ashley from RE4. I really hate how they keep showing her in the Namek just to remind us that she is alive

Airaku

Stray Jedi
To be honest i liked the original Dragon Ball. I did hate some of the characters and still hate them and feel like they should get rid of them.

Like Bulma. i really hate her. she is more annoying than Ashley from RE4. I really hate how they keep showing her in the Namek just to remind us that she is alive

How dare you tho! Ashley is awesome and so is Bulma hahahah xD I think this is the first time I ever heard anyone say she's annoying though. That's a new one.

Though seriously wait till you meet Cell and the Androids. They are all amazing! Though that saga is probably the most serious in the series. There's a real lack of comical moments in that arc. It gets pretty hardcore.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
How dare you tho! Ashley is awesome and so is Bulma hahahah xD I think this is the first time I ever heard anyone say she's annoying though. That's a new one.

Though seriously wait till you meet Cell and the Androids. They are all amazing! Though that saga is probably the most serious in the series. There's a real lack of comical moments in that arc. It gets pretty hardcore.

That is what got me to watch it in the first place. seeing how people always excitingly talk about how awesome the fights are. i thought that it would have more fights than talk and staring but i guess i was wrong.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
That is what got me to watch it in the first place. seeing how people always excitingly talk about how awesome the fights are. i thought that it would have more fights than talk and staring but i guess i was wrong.

Again, wait until the Cell saga. Lots more action in the coming episodes. Even though the series gets weak after that as it's kind of an intended end point (You'll see why when you see it) the Majin Vegeta Saga was great and has some awesome fight scenes as well.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Again, wait until the Cell saga. Lots more action in the coming episodes. Even though the series gets weak after that as it's kind of an intended end point (You'll see why when you see it) the Majin Vegeta Saga was great and has some awesome fight scenes as well.

I will be looking forward to that. by the way where does the movies takes place. and in which order should i watch them

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I will be looking forward to that. by the way where does the movies takes place. and in which order should i watch them

I haven't seen many of the movies, I'm sure you can check a timeline online. I don't think they are even canon anymore except for the latest ones like "Resurrection of F" which is after DBZ ends. Also GT isn't canon, technically it never was.

Though I know the Broly films are well loved (They aren't canon) and the Cooler films. I haven't' seen those. I only saw the Garlic Jr one I think and the Tree of Life one. They were enjoyable but not fan favorites. I always wanted to see the Android 15 and 14 films as well but I never got to. I think Bojack Unbound was another one people liked. Honestly as far as the movies go I'm not the person to ask. Just avoid Dragon Ball Evolution LMFAO!

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I haven't seen many of the movies, I'm sure you can check a timeline online. I don't think they are even canon anymore except for the latest ones like "Resurrection of F" which is after DBZ ends. Also GT isn't canon, technically it never was.

Though I know the Broly films are well loved (They aren't canon) and the Cooler films. I haven't' seen those. I only saw the Garlic Jr one I think and the Tree of Life one. They were enjoyable but not fan favorites. I always wanted to see the Android 15 and 14 films as well but I never got to. I think Bojack Unbound was another one people liked. Honestly as far as the movies go I'm not the person to ask. Just avoid Dragon Ball Evolution LMFAO!

i am gonna look online for the timeline as for Evolution. i will never watch it. but i will however watch Dragonball: The Magic Begins its an unofficial movie but its much better.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
i am gonna look online for the timeline as for Evolution. i will never watch it. but i will however watch Dragonball: The Magic Begins its an unofficial movie but its much better.

I'm still ****ed off of that Fox never went ahead with their DGZ plans that they had. I even have an the official DBZ magazine that had a cast list. I can see if I can find it, I remember some of the names off hand and it was pretty much all Hollywood A listers. Each saga I think was going to be a film around the 3 hour mark each going up to the Cell Saga and it was planned to be Fox's next big thing after Star Wars and the X-Men trilogy was done. They really ****ed it up. I even recall the debates about them going for 4 hour films with 15 minute intermissions around the 2 hour mark as an experiment in theaters. Basically they would have been expensive films and not entirely theater friendly as theaters tend to get ****ed off at anything at 3 hours. It's kind of sad it never happened.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I'm still ****ed off of that Fox never went ahead with their DGZ plans that they had. I even have an the official DBZ magazine that had a cast list. I can see if I can find it, I remember some of the names off hand and it was pretty much all Hollywood A listers. Each saga I think was going to be a film around the 3 hour mark each going up to the Cell Saga and it was planned to be Fox's next big thing after Star Wars and the X-Men trilogy was done. They really ****ed it up. I even recall the debates about them going for 4 hour films with 15 minute intermissions around the 2 hour mark as an experiment in theaters. Basically they would have been expensive films and not entirely theater friendly as theaters tend to get ****ed off at anything at 3 hours. It's kind of sad it never happened.

Well after DB Evolution. i wouldn't blame them if they decided to not go with the plan. I mean its gonna be really hard to pull off some of the things we see in the anime. unless they decided to go with CGI. which doesn't always look real good *stares at Green Lantern movie*.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well after DB Evolution. i wouldn't blame them if they decided to not go with the plan. I mean its gonna be really hard to pull off some of the things we see in the anime. unless they decided to go with CGI. which doesn't always look real good *stares at Green Lantern movie*.

Well Evolution is completely different from what plans they had. Not even the same story arc or anything. I think the movie was made just so they could keep the rights. Rumors are going around Universal and Sony are looking into the rights. There's no way Sony will get it right so maybe Universal? Even then there is only one director I can think of that would even be capable of making a DBZ film work if he has a good screen writer, better yet pull Toriyama in to write the live action adaptation.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Well Evolution is completely different from what plans they had. Not even the same story arc or anything. I think the movie was made just so they could keep the rights. Rumors are going around Universal and Sony are looking into the rights. There's no way Sony will get it right so maybe Universal? Even then there is only one director I can think of that would even be capable of making a DBZ film work if he has a good screen writer, better yet pull Toriyama in to write the live action adaptation.

I think Guillermo del Toro would be able to make it work. especially if he worked with Toriyama.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I think Guillermo del Toro would be able to make it work. especially if he worked with Toriyama.

Hmmm I don't know about that. It's really not Del Toro's style and I can't see him doing that. You're not the first to say that either but I don't get how people come to that conclusion. What has he ever done that demonstrates that he could do it?

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Hmmm I don't know about that. It's really not Del Toro's style and I can't see him doing that. You're not the first to say that either but I don't get how people come to that conclusion. What has he ever done that demonstrates that he could do it?

Well he isn't just a director. he a make up artist. he learned about makeup and effects from the legendary Dick Smith. Well look at Pan's Labyrinth, and hellboy 1 and 2. he directed these movies and took part in the writing.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Watched The Terminator last night- that's my kind of love story! Now watching T2 and damn do I love these movies- they're such a big part of my childhood and are easily some of the best action films.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Watched The Terminator last night- that's my kind of love story! Now watching T2 and damn do I love these movies- they're such a big part of my childhood and are easily some of the best action films.

While the first 2 are untouchable, I feel like Salvation and Genisys get unnecessary flack. Salvation may have not had the dark and gloomy aesthetic we've come to know from previous films, but it was still a pretty good movie. Genisys is no T2 but it's definitely more fun than 3.

Top Bottom