• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Guess I'm watching Totoro in Japanese and widescreen for the first time.
I was brought up on that Fox VHS tape, so this is going to be pretty neat.

20170626_170456.jpg

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Watching the new seasons of all the dcw shows on Netflix, and crying because they took off Bob's burgers.

HookerZombie

I've got The Golden Girls complete set on Dvd and I'm trying to finish watching every episode. It's my all time favorite show. :D

I'm also trying to finish watching all the new episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on Netflix. Another one of my favorite shows.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm currently taking a break from Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) by watching Cardcaptors.
Because I watch my favourite shows from childhood every couple years.

I also don't feel like nearly as big an idiot watching this show when it's not the redub on those Blu-rays.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just watched a Netflix original film featuring Bella Thorne called You Get Me. Stupid movie, but it does get fairly interesting towards the end. It's better than most of their other indie flicks at least.

HookerZombie

I watched The Craft on netflix. It's one of my favorite movies of all time and I feel it's one of the most realistic movies about witchcraft. I loved all four of the female characters and I could really feel what each girl was going through.

Ashi

Watching Designated Survivor and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. It's nowhere near as thrilling as something like 24, but it's solid enough for me to enjoy.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Just saw Spiderman. Holy crap it was amazing. Tom Holland was a perfect choice, and everyone was great.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Just got back from watching Spider-Man: Homecoming and I don't get the hype. It was a typical MCU movie but with Spider-Man so I guess I can see why people act like it's so amazing but as a Spider-Man fan, it wasn't a big deal for me. They changed so many characters for absolutely no reason, changed more things just to be different from previous movies, and made other unnecessary changes to things because apparently that's the only way it can be tied to the rest of the MCU... I personally feel like they could have executed the whole thing a lot better but it is what it is I guess.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Just got back from watching Spider-Man: Homecoming and I don't get the hype. It was a typical MCU movie but with Spider-Man so I guess I can see why people act like it's so amazing but as a Spider-Man fan, it wasn't a big deal for me. They changed so many characters for absolutely no reason, changed more things just to be different from previous movies, and made other unnecessary changes to things because apparently that's the only way it can be tied to the rest of the MCU... I personally feel like they could have executed the whole thing a lot better but it is what it is I guess.

I agree! I thought it was the worst Spider-Man to date. I would list a bunch of reasons that made it bad but that would be spoiling too much. They tried to be funny and the theater (which was jam packed) was hardly laughing other than the amazing post credit scene. I was really dumb founded by the directors lack of knowledge of Spider-Man.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I agree! I thought it was the worst Spider-Man to date. I would list a bunch of reasons that made it bad but that would be spoiling too much. They tried to be funny and the theater (which was jam packed) was hardly laughing other than the amazing post credit scene. I was really dumb founded by the directors lack of knowledge of Spider-Man.

Same here. I'd love to say more but it's way too early to spoil stuff. So many things rubbed me the wrong way in this movie. It was an enjoyable film but still had way too many faults just like Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. People will say it's the greatest Spider-Man movie ever because they enjoyed Tom Holland as Spider-Man, Michael Keaton was great, and because they finally focused on Peter Parker's high school life but they'll ignore everything else because Spider-Man is in the MCU and Marvel can do no wrong and because they got some lols out of it.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Same here. I'd love to say more but it's way too early to spoil stuff. So many things rubbed me the wrong way in this movie. It was an enjoyable film but still had way too many faults just like Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. People will say it's the greatest Spider-Man movie ever because they enjoyed Tom Holland as Spider-Man, Michael Keaton was great, and because they finally focused on Peter Parker's high school life but they'll ignore everything else because Spider-Man is in the MCU and Marvel can do no wrong and because they got some lols out of it.

I agree! They even copied a lot of similarities with Michael Keaton's Vulture (which was amazing) and William Dafoe's Green Goblin. The way Tombs suspected Peter could be Spider-Man was similar in concept as Osborn's suspicion in 1. Only Osborn was more intense imho. I still enjoyed the movie but I would rank it as the lowest (mainly because it doesn't capture the essence of my favorite super hero growing up). Spider-Man 3 wasn't even a terrible movie, but it was far from the best and it did the worst thing possible by ****ing off the fans and having a weak 3rd act. It kind of balances itself out with it's ****ty, unforgivable adaptation of Venom since we got an amazing and sympathetic adaptation of Sandman. Who is probably one of the great Spider-Man antagonists in film. Top 3 for sure. This was more Sony's fault than it was of Sam Rami since he doesn't like the character Venom and was forced by Sony executives to use him; and he didn't know how to make it work. Mark Webb was ****ed over by Sony in a greater extent which really sucks since he was building up to an amazing "Spideyverse" and sacrifices were needed to be made for that.

With Sony being the fault for the failure of the first 2 series I can see why people are so excited with Marvel's excitement despite Sony still has a large say in it. Sony seems to have the vision but they lack the execution that Marvel has. Not even a year ago I was hearing talks about the "Sinsiter Six" movie is still a go. Apparently last month there was a rumor that it's still planned and
Michael Keaton
has been casted and
will be released from prison and land a job at Oscorp. It's speculated that Osborne is the buyer of the Avengers tower,
which would make sense. https://creators.co/@BrandonNeilSch/4287536

So if true that leaves us with a "Sinister Six" film along side the conformed Venom movie (or trilogy) staring Tom Hardy and Silver and Black (Silver Sable and Black Cat team up). Will Tom Holland play Spider-Man in those movies or will they recast him? That's the real question, it sounds like they want to use him but after Homecoming I'm indifferent.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
As someone who a) hasn't seen 90% of the marvel movies and b) only likes Spiderman as much as the average person I thought the movie was great. I loved the humor, and the movie is obviously targeting people like me who are casual movie watchers rather than die-hard Spiderman fans. If you spend the whole movie pointing out everything they're doing "wrong" in terms of lore and such, then you're missing out on the potential it has as just a fun action movie. The idea that this movie was worse than the majority of not all other Spiderman movies is ridiculous. Maybe it was a less faithful adaption of the characters within the Spiderman universe, but that's not the only criterion for what makes a good movie.

Turo602

The King of Kings
As someone who a) hasn't seen 90% of the marvel movies and b) only likes Spiderman as much as the average person I thought the movie was great. I loved the humor, and the movie is obviously targeting people like me who are casual movie watchers rather than die-hard Spiderman fans. If you spend the whole movie pointing out everything they're doing "wrong" in terms of lore and such, then you're missing out on the potential it has as just a fun action movie. The idea that this movie was worse than the majority of not all other Spiderman movies is ridiculous. Maybe it was a less faithful adaption of the characters within the Spiderman universe, but that's not the only criterion for what makes a good movie.

Like I said, it was still an enjoyable movie just like most of the MCU films. I enjoyed it and got a few laughs from it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its faults as a Spider-Man film. Whether it's a good movie as just a movie isn't what people like me care about. The movie is called Spider-Man, therefore I'm expecting more than just a movie, I'm expecting a Spider-Man movie and they messed that up. I know that most if not all comic book films aren't 100% faithful to the characters and lore, and that's okay. Some liberties can be made and sometimes they're so minor that it doesn't bother me, other times they're done for the better of the film, but sometimes it's downright horrible because it loses what makes the source material great to begin with. This film took way too many liberties and often times for the worst and despite having an overall good time at the movies, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I'm such a fan of Spider-Man. At its best, it's just an average MCU film. People tend to get way too hyped about Marvel movies when they're fresh. Just like with Ant-Man and Doctor Strange.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got back from Spider-Man: Homecoming last night. As a movie, it's probably the most fun I've had in the theater since The Dark Knight, but I can understand people's frustrations with changing characters.

Top Bottom