• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Currently watching Legend on my PS4's HBO Go app.

Seeing Tom Hardy playing two characters at once is rather strange. Twice the great acting, though.

Roku

I'm about to watch the last episode of Scream Queens.
The second season it's kinda meh (I don't hate it though), but I liked the first.
After that I think that I'm gonna rewatch some episode of Breaking Bad.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I watched Spike Jonze's Adaptation.
About the most clever way to get out of writing a screenplay of a non-fiction book while still managing to get a movie made. I love Charlie Kaufman's meta-narrative of him struggling to adapt The Orchid Thief to the screen.

hero_EB20080918REVIEWS08809180300AR.jpg

KevinStriker

If you didn't like the ending, might I suggest the video game?

The_World_is_Yours.jpg

It rewrites the ending of the movie and acts as a sequel.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
If you didn't like the ending, might I suggest the video game?

The_World_is_Yours.jpg

It rewrites the ending of the movie and acts as a sequel.

Its not Tony's death that made me hate it. its the idea of having a Terminator wannabe killing him

Believe it or not the game was what made me watch the movie.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Wonder Woman was fan-f*cking-tastic. Solid film from beginning to end without any of the complexity and weirdness that plagued previous films. Though, there is an action sequence during the climax that people thought was a bit much. But personally, I don't mind it. It's still a comic book film and that kind of over the top action is always great.

It also does a great job balancing the serious nature of the plot with its lighthearted characters. Jokes weren't cheaply forced into serious scenes and moments like Marvel tends to do.

However, something Wonder Woman carries over from other DCEU films are the beautiful visuals and spectacular action sequences. People are always talking about what DC could learn from Marvel, but Marvel should definitely take note here.

The heroes themselves always look so majestic, like a beautiful work of art. It was amazing in Man of Steel when Superman first donned the suit and had his first flight, but Wonder Woman's reveal shot when she gets out of the trench gave me chills.

The action is always so graceful too. She moves like Batman and hits like Superman and the slow mo let's you take it all in. If you weren't convinced Gal Gadot was Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman, you will be now. Definitely the best DCEU film at the moment.

My only gripe with the movie is the casting of the antagonist. I couldn't take him serious as a menacing villain with that face of his.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Fear the Walking Dead. As with the normal Walking Dead, this show does have times where it drags on, but I watch both shows for certain characters.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm watching a straight-to-Redbox film that just came out today called The Assignment. This film is weird, man. You'e got a guy being played by a chick (Michelle Rodriguez) while also being sex-changed into one and a chick with a guy's name (Johnnie). And her face doesn't look different at all post-surgery, they literally just added a beard to Michelle Rodriguez's face while shooting this, no joke. They could've at least got a body double to make it more convincing, jezus.

Aw well, at least they got Sigourney Weaver to play the surgeon and she's batsh!t crazy in this movie as you might've guessed. She's basically what would "come" out if John Kramer/Jigsaw and Dr. Heiter from The Human Centipede had a baby.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
My daily Days of Our Lives. Everything that's happening on the island is almost as ridiculous as when Marlena was possessed by the devil. :lol::lol:

KevinStriker

Been recording and watching Seinfeld on PVR, so long as I'm at my parents' house.

KevinStriker

Tonight I'm reliving some of my childhood and watching Kiki's Delivery Service on DVD.
After years of VHS, it's strange to see Kiki in widescreen and in such good picture quality.

Kiki-1.jpg

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm watching a straight-to-Redbox film that just came out today called The Assignment. This film is weird, man. You'e got a guy being played by a chick (Michelle Rodriguez) while also being sex-changed into one and a chick with a guy's name (Johnnie). And her face doesn't look different at all post-surgery, they literally just added a beard to Michelle Rodriguez's face while shooting this, no joke. They could've at least got a body double to make it more convincing, jezus.
I saw the trailer for that. I thought it was going to have a theatrical release. Personally it didn't peak my interest. I saw an Antonio Banderas movie with a similar preise, sans the action, and it was uncomfortable, to say the least.

Currently watching:
Batman-The-Killing-Joke-trailer-1.jpg

It's not as bad as I've heard. A constant reminder that internet explosions of outrage tend to be full of exaggerations and overblown reactions.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Currently watching:
Batman-The-Killing-Joke-trailer-1.jpg

It's not as bad as I've heard. A constant reminder that internet explosions of outrage tend to be full of exaggerations and overblown reactions.

The Killing Joke portion was great, but the beginning with Batgirl was pointless and very stupid. It was useless filler and only proved that The Killing Joke wasn't big enough to fill a whole film.

KevinStriker

I don't know many people whose criticisms of The Killing Joke exceed the first half hour.

From Barbara Gordon's sassy gay friend (whose name I can't recall) to
Batman and Batgirl f*cking on a rooftop and then having things be awkward between them,
anything prior to the events of the comic is... questionable.

And then my one nitpick is that I like the original colour better than the recolouring, which they based the animation on. But that's me.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
The Killing Joke portion was great, but the beginning with Batgirl was pointless and very stupid. It was useless filler and only proved that The Killing Joke wasn't big enough to fill a whole film.

Or, you know, instead of throwing in those convoluted first 30 minutes, they could've expanded the actual Killing Joke story. I understand their motivation for adding the backstory that they did, but the execution was **** poor, to say the very least.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Or, you know, instead of throwing in those convoluted first 30 minutes, they could've expanded the actual Killing Joke story. I understand their motivation for adding the backstory that they did, but the execution was **** poor, to say the very least.

Yeah, but expanding an already great story still runs the risk of cheapening it. At least now you can fast forward through all that crap and just watch The Killing Joke part.

Top Bottom